News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

From Photo to Design/Dimensions of a Book shelve

Started by Izu, April 06, 2019, 09:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

Hi E~

I need some help. I'm planning the renovations of my apartment and I really want to build a book wall/shelves in my living room.
I've liked this design:
But I'm struggling with figuring out the dimensions of this thing. I've placed some letters in order to be able to talk about specific areas.

What I've managed to dig out is that standard heights for small books is 22cm, for medium books is 25cm and for large ones 34/35cms. Depth is about 40 cm.
But I think that bookshelf is not really following those exact heights for the various "boxes".

Anyone any knowledge or knowing a trick how to figure out the dimensions or a software that could "translate it"?

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

AmberStarfire

Hi,

I just wanted to say that your image isn't loading. I copied the link address and loaded the page in my browser but it doesn't seem to work as an image link.

I don't know much about shelves, but it looks really good.

Nymphadora

Following the same kind of thing AmberStarFire did, I went a bit beyond that and reverse searched in Google.

Found this: https://www.americanas.com.br/busca/nichos-estante  (translated it)

You can probably find more measurements/dimensions by looking at shelving on these types of sites (translating like for the one I linked) to find various configurations and such for making plans.

Alternatively, you might be able to order what you need as kits to build.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Lexandria

It looks like what they did was make a grid, and then from there remove some of the spots they would have the boards in order to make it look complex as they did. I don't think you need to try to translate their dimensions, but work backwards from the size you need it.

I used to do math stuff like this for a studio I worked at, if you'd like some help sorting out how to build it.

Tentatively accepting a few new stories
Interests
Schedule
Creative Things
Current Cravings

Izu

Link fixed. Thanks all for the input!
I'll try to do the math myself tomorrow and if I stumble I'll give a shout out for more help.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...