when the oceans drank Atlantis,
and the rise of the sons of Aryas,
there was an age undreamed of.
And onto this age,
new Gods and Goddesses arose
champions for a world that needed them.
It is I, the chronicler,
who alone can tell thee of this saga.
Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

So, this game has been going for about a year now, and is coming to the end of the first scenario. We've lost some of the band along the way, so are opening up a couple of spots for new folks to join us.

OOC thread is here
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=222279.0

IC thread is here
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224422.0

if you want to see what has gone before.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

CyrusTheRed

I'm interested, I've only been able to play Scion proper once before but I've loved the game ever since. I'm looking through the game and ooc now.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

HairyHeretic

Scion is a lot of fun, and one of my favourite games :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Anteros

I'm also interested, if there are still open slots.
ONS & OFFS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14923.0

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA

Lustful Bride

*has no idea what Scion is but the presence of Queen alone makes me want to join* I think il sit back and wait though.

I wish you well and hope you have many players.

indarkestknight

Interested. What are we looking at, in terms of house-rules, if any?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Anteros on March 20, 2016, 09:07:40 PM
I'm also interested, if there are still open slots.

There are.

Quote from: Lustful Bride on March 20, 2016, 09:52:09 PM
*has no idea what Scion is but the presence of Queen alone makes me want to join* I think il sit back and wait though.

I wish you well and hope you have many players.

Scion is a mixture of urban fantasy and superhero. I think that might be the best way to describe it. All the old legends, all the stories, the folklore, the myths .. they're all true. Millenia ago the Gods overthrew the Titans and locked them away. In time, the monsters of myth and legend, the children of the Titans died off, slain by heroes, the children of the Gods and Goddesses.

About 50 years ago, the Titans broke out of their prison, and there's been a war going on just beyond the corner of your eye ever since. You are a Scion, child of one mortal and one divine parent, and the latest recruit in that shadow war. In time you may rise from Hero to Demigod and to the level of God yourself, joining the Pantheon of your parent, or perhaps forming one of your own.

Quote from: indarkestknight on March 21, 2016, 01:12:47 AM
Interested. What are we looking at, in terms of house-rules, if any?

I've added the house rules to the first post in the game OOC thread.

I'm always willing to listen to suggestions for others though.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Flower

Name: Eliora Reed
Hometown  : Boston
Pantheon: Dodekatheon
Deity: Hera, Juno, Uni
Calling:
Nature: Judge: Judges believe in rules and the power of law, so much so that they can't stand idly by and do nothing when someone crosses the line. Whether it's something as serious as theft or as minor as vandalism or acting out in public, the Judge won't hesitate to call people on their behavior and take steps to mete out justice. A Judge's response is always proportional to the crime-rules are rules, after all-and she works within the bounds of the law whenever possible. When calling the cops isn't possible, however, she isn't afraid to take matters into her own hands.

Judges are the bonds that hold society together. They protect the weak and the innocent and say the things that many people are afraid to say. Yet a danger lies in the Judge's letting her authority go to her head. A very fine line separates protectors from tyrants.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Height: 5'6
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair colour: Brown-Blonde
Eye colour: Brown
Skin tone:
Build:
Date of birth: May 31
HISTORY

Character sheet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTRIBUTES
[X] = favored

[ ]Strength : 2 (0)      [ ]Charisma    : 3 (1)      [ ]Perception  : 3 (1)
[ ]Dexterity: 3 (2)      [ ]Manipulation: 3 (1)      [ ]Intelligence: 4 (2)
[ ]Stamina  : 2 (1)      [ ]Appearance  : 3 (1)      [ ]Wits        : 4 (1)

[ ]Academics     : 2
[ ]Animal Ken    : -
[X]Art
                 : 3 Music
                 : -
[X]Athletics     : 2
[ ]Awareness     : 2
[ ]Brawl         : 1
[ ]Command       : 1
[ ]Control
                 : 1 Car
                 : 1 Aircraft
[ ]Craft
[ ]Empathy       : 1
[ ]Fortitude     : 1
[X]Integrity     : 2
[ ]Investigation : 1
[ ]Larceny       : 1
[ ]Marksmanship  : 2
[ ]Medicine      : 1
[X]Melee         : 1
[X]Occult        : 2
[ ]Politics      : -
[ ]Presence      : 3
[ ]Science
                 : 1 Computers
[ ]Stealth       : 1
[ ]Survival      : -
[X]Thrown        : 1

Willpower: 6 / 6         
Legend: 3
Legend Points: 9 / 9

Virtues
Name: Courage    - 2                               
Name: Expression - 3
Name: Intellect  - 3
Name: Piety      - 1

Dodge DV: 6
Parry DV: -
Join Battle: -
Soak: 3B/2L/-A (3B/2L/-A natural, -B/-L/-A armor)
WEAPONS
(melee)
Pistols (used as tonfa)
Speed: -      Accuracy: +       Damage: + L      Defense: + Tags -
4                      +1                         +1B               +1
(ranged)
Modified Beretta 92s
Speed: -      Accuracy: +       Damage: + L      Range: ---      Clip: -- Tags -
4                      +1                    +3L                  20                  15         P

ARMOR

Soak: + B/+ L/+ A     Mobility: -0     Fatigue: -
HEALTH LEVELS

-0 (Bruised) : [ ]
-1 (Hurt)    : [ ]
               [ ]
-2 (Wounded) : [ ]
               [ ]
-4 (Crippled): [ ]
Incapacitated: [ ]

KNACKS
Epic Charisma 1 - Charmer: With the sheer, raw charm this Knack represents, the Scion can smother an upwelling of panic, suspicion or utter hatred directed at her for one scene. The player need only spend a point of Legend. One scene is usually long enough to convince a person that it would be in his best interest to help the character, but it’s up to the Scion (and the player’s roleplaying) to actually say the right words. During the scene in which this Knack is in effect, the suppressed emotion doesn’t go away. It merely remains beneath the surface. If the Scion can’t set the person’s mind at ease by scene’s end, the suppressed emotion returns in full force the next time the Scion leaves the affected person’s presence.
Epic Charisma 1 - Engender Love: Prerequisite Knack: Charmer (Scion: Hero, p. 130) Being able to charm someone is always helpful, but it doesn’t always make getting what you want from that person easy. A charmed person can still think clearly, question one’s motives and turn someone down if something about what she’s saying doesn’t feel quite right. Not so the person affected by this Knack. The character who uses it spends one Legend point as his player rolls (Charisma + Presence + Legend). The victim’s player contests this effect with a (Willpower + Integrity + Legend) roll. If the victim’s roll fails to garner the necessary successes, the victim falls madly, unquestioningly in love with the user of the Knack for a number of days equal to the user’s threshold successes. The victim is blindly enthralled and will do anything in her power to please the object of her affection. This Knack works regardless of the relative Legend disparity between the user and his victim. Using it unwisely against a more powerful character is ill advised, however. Fool Odin once, shame on him. Fool him twice, wolves on you.
Epic Manipulation 1: Stench of Guilt: This Knack gives a Scion an insight into the workings of a victim’s mind. If the Scion hears a topic come up while the victim is speaking that reminds the victim of a misdeed he’s keeping secret, the Scion senses the presence of that secret. The victim needn’t feel guilty about the wrongs he’s done, but as long as he’s taken, or is taking, pains to hide them, the Scion catches on. This Knack can’t reveal what secret the victim hides, nor does it point out specifically what was said in the conversation that reminded him of the transgression. Conversational context is usually enough for a crafty Scion to figure out where to start looking, though.
Epic Manipulation 1: Gods’ Honest: When she’s trying to convince someone of something, the Scion puts her hand to her heart, puts her hand on a stack of Bibles, holds up her right hand with her pinkie and thumb crossed in the palm, or performs some other gesture of sincerity. (Her player also spends a point of Legend.) When she does so, her would-be mark accepts that the Scion is telling the truth about the subject at hand, no questions asked, for the rest of the story. Only solid, incontrovertible proof showing that what the Scion said was undeniably false will convince the mark he’s been fooled. Even then, who ever is showing him the proof will have to convince him that the proof is genuine and not some clever forgery. A Scion with this Knack doesn’t have to lie when she uses it. She can also use it to convince a recalcitrant skeptic of the actual truth. If the Scion does so, no mortal force can convince that person that the Scion was lying (not even professionally faked “proof” to the contrary).

BOONS/SPELLS

Unlidded Eye (Magic 1)
Skys Grace (Sky 1)
Winds Freedom (Sky 2)

Brehons Eye - (Enech 1)
Hero's Geas (Enech 2)

Legendary Geas - Hero

BIRTHRIGHTS
Name (•••••)
Pistols - Never runs out of ammo, Indestructable, Special power - Elf shot, Special power - Summon from elsewhere

Silver ring (••)
Death + Moon (2 dot relic)

Necklace (•••)
Health + Magic + Sky (3 dot relic)

Guide - Sprites Pictsies (•)
5 Nac Mac Feegle (normally stay within silver hip flask)

XP earned: 7.25 (5/11/14)
XP spent: 6 (5/11/14)

indarkestknight

Quote from: Flower on March 21, 2016, 08:06:31 PM
So I'm already confused. I thought I would post my questions here so other noobs can benefit.  ::)

• So...this character sheet has a spot for Pantheons and then God? I figured out the Pantheon portion, which basically is asking what mythology my character's parent belongs to. The God portion? No bloody idea. xD This website doesn't mention it.
  • Deific goal? No clue what's supposed to go here either. >.>

So for instance, Herakles would list Dodekatheon under pantheon and Zeus under god.

Flower

And Flower slow moment. xD Thank you though. <3

ShadowFox89

About how much of a mix of combat, talking, etc is it? If I want to make a Scion of Odin who was adopted by Thor and /really/ likes to hit things, would she be left twiddling her thumbs most of the time?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

Hairy i am working on a character concept! may be a day or so before I finish.

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 21, 2016, 10:03:33 PM
About how much of a mix of combat, talking, etc is it? If I want to make a Scion of Odin who was adopted by Thor and /really/ likes to hit things, would she be left twiddling her thumbs most of the time?

I try to match my scenarios to the players, so that everyone gets their own chance to shine. There is likely to be some combat in most scenarios, but I couldn't day exactly how much in any given one.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Phaia on March 21, 2016, 11:09:32 PM
Hairy i am working on a character concept! may be a day or so before I finish.

That's fine. Whenever anyone has a concept they've settled on, just add it to the thread so everyone else can see what's being worked on and come up with.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cuchulainn

Would like to throw my interest in, I'll get working on a bio thinking scion of Horus Interpol agent.

AndyZ

What kinds of stats are you giving the new people, Hairy?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HopeFox

I'd love to get in on a new Scion game! And I know it'll be good if you're running it, HH!

Is there any niche in particular that you think is missing from the current Band? I always have plenty of Scion concepts in my head, so I'm sure I can fill any role needed.

(I also wouldn't mind having another shot at playing Cuckoo, from the game we were in together that never really got off the ground, if that's okay?)

Are there any pantheons you do or don't want in the game?
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Flower

Alright, this is the up to date copy. Andy was kind enough to help me last night but there's still a lot remainings. I only completed information through Attributes. The rest is just prefilled stuff  stolen from Hairy's template.

What year is the game in?

wip

Name: Eliora Reed
Hometown  : Boston
Pantheon: Dodekatheon
Deity: Hera, Juno, Uni
Calling:
Nature: Judge: Judges believe in rules and the power of law, so much so that they can't stand idly by and do nothing when someone crosses the line. Whether it's something as serious as theft or as minor as vandalism or acting out in public, the Judge won't hesitate to call people on their behavior and take steps to mete out justice. A Judge's response is always proportional to the crime-rules are rules, after all-and she works within the bounds of the law whenever possible. When calling the cops isn't possible, however, she isn't afraid to take matters into her own hands.

Judges are the bonds that hold society together. They protect the weak and the innocent and say the things that many people are afraid to say. Yet a danger lies in the Judge's letting her authority go to her head. A very fine line separates protectors from tyrants.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Height: 5'6
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair colour: Brown-Blonde
Eye colour: Brown
Skin tone: Brown
Build:
Date of birth: May 31

HISTORY

Character sheet

ATTRIBUTES
[X] = favored

[ ]Strength : 2 (0)      [X ]Charisma    : 4 (2)      [X]Perception  : 2 (1)
[ ]Dexterity: 3 (2)      [X ]Manipulation: 3 (2)      [X]Intelligence: 4 (2)
[ ]Stamina  : 2 (1)      [X ]Appearance  : 4 (2)      [X ]Wits        : 4 (1)

X]Academics     : 3
[ ]Animal Ken    : -
[ ]Art
                 : 3 Acting
[]Athletics     : -
[ ]Awareness     : -
[ ]Brawl         : -
[X]Command       : 2
[ ]Control
[ ]Craft
[ ]Empathy       : 3
[X]Fortitude     : -
[]Integrity     : 2
[X]Investigation : -
[ ]Larceny       : -
[ ]Marksmanship  : 2
[ ]Medicine      : 3
[ ]Melee         : -
[ ]Occult        : -
[X]Politics      : 1
[X]Presence      : 3
[ ]Science
                 : 2 Biology
[ ]Stealth       : 3
[ ]Survival      : -
[]Thrown        : -

Willpower:         
Legend:
Legend Points:

Virtues
Name: Expression- 3                             
Name: Intellect- 4
Name: Valor- 1
Name: Vengeance - 1

Dodge DV:
Parry DV: -
Join Battle: -
Soak:
WEAPONS
(melee)
Pistols (used as tonfa)
Speed: -      Accuracy: +       Damage: + L      Defense: + Tags -
4                      +1                         +1B               +1
(ranged)
Modified Beretta 92s
Speed: -      Accuracy: +       Damage: + L      Range: ---      Clip: -- Tags -
4                      +1                    +3L                  20                  15         P

ARMOR

Soak: + B/+ L/+ A     Mobility: -0     Fatigue: -
HEALTH LEVELS

-0 (Bruised) : [ ]
-1 (Hurt)    : [ ]
               [ ]
-2 (Wounded) : [ ]
               [ ]
-4 (Crippled): [ ]
Incapacitated: [ ]

KNACKS
Epic Charisma 1 - Charmer: With the sheer, raw charm this Knack represents, the Scion can smother an upwelling of panic, suspicion or utter hatred directed at her for one scene. The player need only spend a point of Legend. One scene is usually long enough to convince a person that it would be in his best interest to help the character, but it’s up to the Scion (and the player’s roleplaying) to actually say the right words. During the scene in which this Knack is in effect, the suppressed emotion doesn’t go away. It merely remains beneath the surface. If the Scion can’t set the person’s mind at ease by scene’s end, the suppressed emotion returns in full force the next time the Scion leaves the affected person’s presence.
Epic Charisma 2 - Inspirational Figure: The Scion’s well-chosen words can play on humankind’s social mentality, giving hope and courage to not just one listener, but a group. The Scion gives a speech to gathered listeners—whether he’s calling upon them for help, raising their spirits after a local disaster or strengthening the bonds of community among them—and spends a single point of Legend. As long as his words are intended to inspire them in some way, every person who can hear him listens spellbound and receives a point of Willpower at the speech’s end. The only limit is that the listeners must be able to hear him clearly without him using the aid of any amplifying or broadcasting equipment. This Knack inspires other Scions as easily as mortals, but it doesn’t inspire titanspawn. Nonetheless, titanspawn are compelled to at least let him finish his speech before carrying out whatever they’re up to.
Epic Manipulation 1 - Stench of Guilt: This Knack gives a Scion an insight into the workings of a victim’s mind. If the Scion hears a topic come up while the victim is speaking that reminds the victim of a misdeed he’s keeping secret, the Scion senses the presence of that secret. The victim needn’t feel guilty about the wrongs he’s done, but as long as he’s taken, or is taking, pains to hide them, the Scion catches on. This Knack can’t reveal what secret the victim hides, nor does it point out specifically what was said in the conversation that reminded him of the transgression. Conversational context is usually enough for a crafty Scion to figure out where to start looking, though.
Epic Manipulation 2 - Gods’ Honest: When she’s trying to convince someone of something, the Scion puts her hand to her heart, puts her hand on a stack of Bibles, holds up her right hand with her pinkie and thumb crossed in the palm, or performs some other gesture of sincerity. (Her player also spends a point of Legend.) When she does so, her would-be mark accepts that the Scion is telling the truth about the subject at hand, no questions asked, for the rest of the story. Only solid, incontrovertible proof showing that what the Scion said was undeniably false will convince the mark he’s been fooled. Even then, who ever is showing him the proof will have to convince him that the proof is genuine and not some clever forgery. A Scion with this Knack doesn’t have to lie when she uses it. She can also use it to convince a recalcitrant skeptic of the actual truth. If the Scion does so, no mortal force can convince that person that the Scion was lying (not even professionally faked “proof” to the contrary).
Epic Dexterity 1 - Trick Shooter: Not only do the Scion’s Epic Dexterity bonus successes add to (Dexterity + Marksmanship) dice rolls, he now doubles the bonus he receives from taking an Aim action (see p. 190) as well. What’s more, the player ignores the difficulty penalty for the character to either disarm an opponent with a ranged special attack or mark his opponent without causing damage. (See “Special Attacks” on p. 199.) A character must take an Aim action in order to be able to ignore such penalties, though. If a character fires from the hip or blazes away in a cordite-reeking, brass-raining, muzzle-strobing gunfight, only the regular bonus successes from his Epic Dexterity apply.
Epic Dexterity 2 - Shot To The Heart: Prerequisite Knack: Trick Shooter (Scion: Hero, p. 128) When fighting against fearsome titanspawn with armored hides, scaly skin or chitinous shells, sometimes a Scion has to aim for a very precise spot. Indeed, it was just such a weak spot that was the downfall of Achilles. Naturally, that sort of precision can be hard to achieve in the heat of battle, especially against a target with a supernaturally impressive defense. With the steady aim provided by Shot to the Heart, though, a Scion never needs to worry about hitting a small patch of exposed flesh, a vulnerable tendon or an eye between blinks — his attacks excel at finding the weak point. While Shot to the Heart is active, the Scion reduces any penalty for attacking a specific weak point by an amount up to his Epic Dexterity score. That is, if a giant turtle-like titanspawn has a weak spot in its soft underbelly, but striking the unarmored area has a difficulty of 5 and the attacking Scion has an Epic Dexterity of 3, then the Scion reduces the difficulty of making such a targeted shot to difficulty 2. Shot to the Heart can’t reduce the added difficulty of a targeted shot to less than zero — making an attack on a vital spot is never easier than just hitting the damn thing. Also, Shot to the Heart doesn’t give the Scion any innate knowledge of where a vital spot might be; it just lets him target the spot more effectively if he knows where to find one. While Shot to the Heart requires a Knack typically used with ranged combat as a prerequisite, this Knack can be used with any of the Scion’s attacks. Activating this Knack costs three points of Legend. Its effects last for one scene.
Epic Appearance 1 - Perfect Actor: The Scion can put on an emotional display so convincing that anyone who can see him clearly enough, and in person, to read his emotion feels that same emotion just as strongly as the Scion seems to. That emotional state lasts for the rest of the scene. When the effect wears off, the affected victims are unable to explain what came over them, and are likely embarrassed by letting their feelings run away with them like that. Activating this Knack costs one Willpower, and it works whether the Scion is beautiful or awful.
Epic Appearance 2 - Blinding Visage: Mortal beauty or ugliness can take one’s breath away, but divine beauty or ugliness can do so much more. When a Scion grows angry at a mortal — such as a tabloid photographer who just won’t leave him alone — his player can spend a point of Legend and sear his visage into the mortal’s retinas. Doing so blinds and disorients the mortal for the remainder of the scene. If the Scion’s Epic Appearance represents beauty, the victim meanders aimlessly, dazzled by the character’s divine radiance. If the Epic Appearance represents ugliness, the victim staggers around in a blind panic unable to get the awful visage out of his head. Rules for dealing with blindness appear on page 186 of Scion: Hero.
Epic Intelligence 1 - Speed Reader: The character can read and comprehend with perfect clarity an entire block of text—such as two facing pages of an open book—in the amount of time it takes her to blink. She need only be able to see the entire block clearly enough to focus her eyes on any given word in it.
Epic Intelligence 1 - Telepathy: The character’s mind is so powerful that he can think thoughts directly into other people’s brains for them. These thoughts come through in a recipient’s head as words spoken in the sender’s voice, and are recognizable as coming in from outside. The sender must be able to see the person whom he intends to address thus, and he must spend one Legend point per sent thought (i.e., per sentence). If the sender has the Multitasking Knack (from Scion: Demigod, p. 65), he can send the same thought to several people at once. The sender cannot receive telepathic information from a recipient unless the recipient also has Telepathy and spends the Legend point to use it.
Epic Stamina 1 - Body Armor:  The Scion’s body is so tough that, even unarmed, he can parry close-combat attacks that would inflict lethal damage. If a berserker hopped up on Jotunblut or a thrall full of eitr tries to split the Scion’s skull with a fi re ax, the Scion can take the blow on his forearm and knock it aside without serious injury. (That assumes the character’s Parry DV is sufficient to cancel out the attack roll’s successes, of course.) While that benefit remains in effect all the time, the Scion can also engage a temporary one that offers even more protection. With the expenditure of a Legend point, a measure of the Scion’s ichor wells up from within and coats the Scion’s body. This coating hardens into a gleaming, metallic armor that’s no thicker than a hair’s breadth. This armor has a bashing and lethal soak equal to the character’s Legend, and it inflicts a mobility penalty of only -1. The ichor coating is thin enough to fi t comfortably beneath one’s clothing, so it adds its protective value to that of any other armor the character might already be wearing. Natural armor from this Knack lasts for only one scene and disintegrates at the scene’s end.
Epic Stamina 1 - Skin–Shedding: Not only is this Knack a life-saving power, but it can also be an effective (if surreal) means of escape. If an enemy’s attack against the Scion inflicts enough damage to cause knockback, the Scion may spend a point of Legend and a point of Willpower to reflexively negate all damage from the attack. The attack still inflicts its knockback, though, seemingly knocking the Scion completely out of his skin. The empty husk collapses at the attacker’s feet, disintegrating over three ticks. The Scion who was apparently knocked out of his skin lands perfectly unharmed however far away the knockback threw him, retaining all of his clothing and possessions and radiating a golden sheen until the shed skin disintegrates. The Scion can use this Knack only once per scene.
Epic Perception 1 - Fool Me Once: Scions with this Knack are particularly adept at seeing through illusions and other supernatural masking effects. By spending two Legend points, the Scion can, for the rest of the scene, automatically see through all illusions created by a being whose Legend is less than her own. In addition, the Scion can recognize the telltale signs of the illusionist’s signature, if she has encountered that character’s deceptions before. She can’t sense an illusion and pull information from nowhere about its creator (that requires the Mystery Purview), but she could sense, “This is one of Loki’s tricks,” if the Lie-Smith had fooled her before. The one exception to the use of this Knack is trying to see through illusions and supernatural deceptions created by beings with either Ultimate Manipulation or the avatar expression of the Illusion Purview. The abilities of these divine tricksters transcend normal means of detection. A God who employs Ultimate Perception, however, has a chance to see through such illusions anyway. Ultimate Perception and use of this Knack guarantees success.
Epic Perception 1 - Subliminal Warning: Whenever the Scion enters an area where an ambush is waiting, even if he has no reason to suspect he’s in danger, certain tiny clues set his subconscious on edge, preparing him for an attack. When the attacker finally springs the surprise assault, the Scion hears the tiniest rustle of fabric, sees the slightest flicker in his peripheral vision or feels the gentlest twitch of displaced air, and the clues he already noticed all add up. As a result, the Scion gains an extra number of dice equal to his Epic Perception on the standard (Wits + Awareness) roll to detect the ambush.
Epic Perception 1 - Social Chameleon: Being thrust into a situation full of strangers who have bizarre customs and weird manners (such as a sorority house at the height of rush) can be disorienting, but the character with this Knack handles herself with remarkable aplomb. By observing the behavior of the people around her and reacting preternaturally quickly to their reactions to her behavior, she can fake like she fits in just about anywhere, with any class of people. She still has to dress the part, and the language barrier might pose its own problems, but she won’t embarrass or draw attention to herself unless she goes out of her way to do so on purpose.
Epic Perception 1 - Perfect Imposter: Prerequisite Knack: Social Chameleon (Scion: Hero, p. 136) Impersonating someone in order to infiltrate his home or workplace or to get dangerously close to someone he cares about is more difficult the less well the impersonator knows his subject. The best makeup and disguise means nothing if the imposter can’t react to life’s little surprises exactly as the subject of his mimicry would react. With this Knack, however, the Scion can discern with preternatural quickness how the people who think he’s someone else expect that someone else to react. Their minute changes of expression or body language give their expectations away, allowing the imposter to react accordingly. For the most part, this Knack plays itself out without resorting to dice rolls or trait comparisons. As the imposter’s player roleplays (and the imposter himself does so also), the Storyteller simply informs him of what the unsuspecting characters’ expectations are, and the player chooses his imposter’s reactions accordingly. This Knack does not provide a supernatural disguise that would fool someone with the Unfailing Recognition Knack (from Scion: Hero, p. 134), but even if such a Scion can see through the imposter’s disguise, his recognition alone would not be enough to convince anyone else. The imposter retains the wherewithal to stand up to any impromptu interrogation and maintain his charade in everyone else’s eyes, thus making the only other Scion who knows the imposter’s true identity look like a horse’s ass or a liar.

----------------------------------

------------------------------------------
BOONS/SPELLS

Unlidded Eye (Magic 1)
Skys Grace (Sky 1)
Winds Freedom (Sky 2)

Brehons Eye - (Enech 1)
Hero's Geas (Enech 2)

Legendary Geas - Hero

BIRTHRIGHTS
Name (•••••)
Pistols - Never runs out of ammo, Indestructable, Special power - Elf shot, Special power - Summon from elsewhere

Silver ring (••)
Death + Moon (2 dot relic)

Necklace (•••)
Health + Magic + Sky (3 dot relic)

Guide - Sprites Pictsies (•)
5 Nac Mac Feegle (normally stay within silver hip flask)

XP earned: 7.25 (5/11/14)
XP spent: 6 (5/11/14)

HairyHeretic

Quote from: AndyZ on March 22, 2016, 09:43:24 PM
What kinds of stats are you giving the new people, Hairy?

Same character generation as we used when we started the game up.

Anyone who played through the first scenario will get xp for that, but it shouldn't put them significantly ahead of the others.

Quote from: HopeFox on March 22, 2016, 11:14:24 PM
I'd love to get in on a new Scion game! And I know it'll be good if you're running it, HH!

Is there any niche in particular that you think is missing from the current Band? I always have plenty of Scion concepts in my head, so I'm sure I can fill any role needed.

(I also wouldn't mind having another shot at playing Cuckoo, from the game we were in together that never really got off the ground, if that's okay?)

Are there any pantheons you do or don't want in the game?

Any official Pantheon should be fine, with the exception of the WW2 ones. Sorry, but those just don't work for me. I may be prepared to allow non cannon ones on a case by case basis

Cuckoo would be fine, but you'd probably need to recreate her, I think my character generation may have been a bit different to that other game.

Quote from: Flower on March 23, 2016, 07:10:47 AM
Alright, this is the up to date copy. Andy was kind enough to help me last night but there's still a lot remainings. I only completed information through Attributes. The rest is just prefilled stuff  stolen from Hairy's template.

What year is the game in?

Looks like you still have some knacks to pick out, but we can help you finish the sheet up :)

The game will be set in the present, more or less. Think of it as pretty much modern day, though I may monkey around with actual events and stuff.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HopeFox

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 23, 2016, 04:35:12 PM
Cuckoo would be fine, but you'd probably need to recreate her, I think my character generation may have been a bit different to that other game.

Great! I'll do that, then. I think she fits your criterion of not being a simple clone of her divine parent, from the way that she takes after the Morrigan's cattle aspect rather than her more popular raven aspect. I'll comb through the creation rules and have something for you soon!

Eee! Scion! (I'm excited.)
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

ShadowFox89

Alright... won't have much time until Sunday to really write anything up, if that's okay.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cuchulainn

Is there a listing somewhere of the face claims that have been taken?

AndyZ

I believe Michelle is Courtney Cass, but I'd have to check.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AndyZ

Oh, Hairy, are new players going to be Legend 3 or 4?  It's quite the pertinent question since we may end up with a healer.

DeviantMunster

Hrm hrm. Here's my somewhat complete sheet, mechanically anyway. Should've spent nigh all XP, and my points, I think.

Pendraig

Name: Alexandria Pendraig
Hometown: Los Angeles
Pantheon: Tuatha
Deity: Nuada
Calling: The Classic White Knight
Nature: Gallant

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Height: 5'7
Weight: 137 lbs.
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Hazel Green
Skin tone: Porcelain-Creamy
Build: Athletic
Date of birth: March 3rd

HISTORY
Some Scions don't realize what they are, not immediately. Some have the grace of learning about it from their parents years in advance, some learn of it from a guide. Others are tested through trial or combat, learning of it in the heat of the moment.

Alex learned of it while laying in a pool of her own blood.

Every single day starts off potentially bad. It just doesn't usually end in her own hand trying to seal an oozing hole the size of her own fist. Every day starts off potentially bad... it just usually always works out for the FBI's Fly teams. The best days even keeps everyone alive. The FANTASTIC ones mean she gets to finish her shower.

Backing up a moment, Alexandria Pendraig was born in the City of Angels. A fitting city for the little bundle of sunshine and hope. Her life wasn't uneventful, but even the most dull and happy one could have books written on it. A good school, good grades. Good boyfriend. Good mother. Good pursuits. Good Life.

Perhaps a good pursuit in the view of the people, so much as her mother. Getting a law degree was fine and dandy, and so was looking up to brave Firemen and police officers. Becoming one - one particularly devoted to breaking into the worst kinds of situations with IED's rigged in a third of your missions - wasn't. But despite the occasional spit and spat about it, she's been fairly happy and safe.

So. Blood spilling between your fingertips, ears ringing. Half the team down and the hostage screaming her lungs out. And then learning your long lost beat dad casually strolling back into your while casually flicking bullets from the air, and then having the gall to smile and ask if you're okay? Mm. Not a great day. Not at all.

Alexandria doesn't speak of that little moment of she had with her father. In fact, she wasn't all too happy about it at all. Though maybe seeing a hint of regret or sadness in his eyes at her rejection was a small win - though she's been wondering if she'll ever see him again.

The Down Low
Alex is currently on leave from the task-force. After the incident and her psych evaluation, she'd been ordered to take time off, to grieve. Her mother doesn't know about her little Visitation, and she's not particularly keen to ask all those little questions regarding it: how did you meet? Did he leave something? Oh, did you know he was a god?

She'd been moonlighting a little, taking classes during the night - college is a pleasant place, sort of removed from the worries of the world except during Midterms. But she's also put that on hold to. In fact, that best describes her life.

Alexandria's a patriot. When it's convenient. A monotheist. When it's convenient. So essentially a true American. Learning of a pantheon of gods, of Titans. Everything has turned her world upside down and she's been left at a loss, like drift wood. Travelling seems to be on her agenda - and learning Irish. Probably a good place to start.

Personality and the Rest
Catch-words: Naive. Courageous. Protective.
Alex truly cares about people. And she's utterly innocent in so many ways - even seeing dead bodies hasn't diminished that. She's easy to fool except when it really matters, and she can't leave other people alone - protecting just comes so very natural to her. Her figure is as tempered as her mind, soft in all the right places yet firm in so many others. But at the end of the day, she's utterly sweet.

Except when on the job. There's just something...cold about her sometimes. Not towards those she helps. But the sheer intensity she has, sometimes. People tend to keep cool, yet she burns hot during a fight. Unlike so many other Scions who've gained some fame and experience fighting the very monsters she might have to...She's learned to battle against different kinds of monsters in the highest of life and death situations - at least for mortals.