Nocturnal and nameless [ horror craving! UN ]

Started by Hemingway, October 31, 2010, 04:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

You know how sometimes you go around for a long, long time with a vague idea for a story, something that slowly grows before finally crystallizing into something brilliant? Yeah, this was nothing like that. I'm posting this on a whim, making it up as I go along, with just a very vague idea of what I want. Why not?

Perhaps some of you are familiar with the game Amnesia, rumored to be the most frightening game of all time. Or not. I'm not, either, so don't worry. What I do know about it, is that it's a horror story quite unlike most contemporary horror stories, in that the protagonist is actually completely defenseless. It apparently owes a lot to the work of H. P. Lovecraft, whose work I am a huge fan of. So, with all these thoughts swirling around in my mind, as things are wont to, I suddenly thought to myself: it's the right time of year for a story like that, so why not? Here we are.

A horror story, then, is what I'm looking for. I'm not too picky about the setting, but having already mentioned Lovecraft, I wouldn't mind something set in the early 20th century. I like a wide variety of settings, however, so I'm not going to limit it to that. A story set in the American old west could also have a lot of potential, or really any other setting going as far back as, say, the beginning of the 19th century. Fantasy settings are welcome, too. And modern. I think we have enough to choose from at that point, no?

Beyond that, is there anything I'd like to include in this story? Well, nothing is really required, but since you asked, I lean slightly toward this being a lesbian story. Meaning, if you have no preference or are uncertain, that's my preference. That is all.

If this sounds interesting at all, send me a PM or post here -- I'm more likely to notice the former -- and we can work out the details. I have ideas, so don't worry about having to do all the hard work.

Here's Iced Earth's cover of The Ripper, to get you in the mood.

Iced Earth - The Ripper