Fortunately Unfortunate

Started by Sinna Mystika, January 02, 2010, 06:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinna Mystika

Hi, I'm completely new to this sort of thing, and I am looking for someone that doesn't mind being patient as I stumble to my feet and try to get a feel for things. I had a bit of an idea, and I was hoping for some feedback as to whether it seems like a good one.

Name: Dakoda Rae Huxton, a.k.a. Kodi
Age Range: 22-24
A little on the short side, fairly clumsy, and slightly immature at times, Kodi is very friendly and outgoing. She has no problems making friends, but her childish habits sometimes drive off her potential relationships. She is a mature adult, she just has some small quirks. For example, she prefers cartoons over action movies and colors in a coloring book when she feels really happy or really frustrated. She even has two separate books for the different emotions. She also sleeps with a giant teddy bear just to have something to cuddle at night. When she doesn't have her teddy, she cuddles a pillow.

I am looking for someone to play a male character, but I am not picky about the gender of the writer. He would be between 26 and 28 or so. I don't have any name or real personality details worked out for him, though. I wouldn't want to set a character that someone didn't like. Like I said though, I would like someone that wouldn't mind playing with someone who has never done this sort of thing before. I will try my best though!!

The story is a little sketchy still, as one person should not come up with all the details of a story with two people involved. I think it would be a better story if both people come up with the starting details, that way the story is indeed a collaboration and not just an expansion of one person's ideas. I do have a general outline, however.

It would be a winter setting, and Kodi is making a three-hour drive to her sister's place. About an hour from home, it starts snowing. Twenty minutes later, it's a full out blizzard. Kodi manages to wreck her car and hit a mailbox, attracting the attention of the man who owns the mailbox she just took out. Seeing that Kodi's car is currently damaged beyond driveability, he invites her inside to wait out the storm. They end up snowed in for a few days, and forge a bond of friendship. Nothing sexual, of course, just a friendship that may or may not turn out to be an "I'll come back again so we can go out" relationship.

I am open to detail change and addition, and I will add more details as needed and/or asked for.

ArlenIronison

((Hey there, I'll start an RP with you. I'm a little amazed to see no one tried to yet, you've had several views but no replies? Ah well, I'll dish out my character stats really quick beforehand;

Name: Arlen Ironison (Sometimes known as Len)
Height: 6'4
Arlen was a rather impressive man, and was often mistaken for someone who should be a UFC fighter for his build. He wasn't grotesquely muscular, but he was far from slim. His skin was a dark, olive tan as if he were Italian, his hair an amber color, his eyes a soft, forest green. He busied himself working on small gadgets and contraptions in his garrage, but nothing he invented for himself. He fixed clocks, watches, appliances, cars, computers, and even heavy machinery if someone asked him about it. He even had one of those really big toolboxes that had nearly every handheld tool!

By the way, since we're opening an RP, or both of us are trying to, a quick tip is that when you're speaking out of character [OOC] it helps to show that by using brackets, like I did in the beginning. So parenthesis or brackets for OOC chatting; () [] {} or even // \\ || works. I've seen them all used before! I'll set the scene for you.))

Arlen was sitting on his sofa in front of the fire in his house. His thoughts had often drifted back to the girl who had taken out his old mailbox, which he had needed to replace anyways and thanked her for starting the job. Often he thought of that encounter when it had begun to snow heavily outside. Staring into the fire even reminded them of their first night together when the heating had gone out and he lit the fire, grabbed several blankets for the two of them, and sat by waiting for the snow to give up eventually. With a sigh, he tilted his coffee mug to find that it was empty, and he got up from his seat to go refill it from the pot. As he walked to his fridge to pull out the creamer, he saw her number magnet-ed to the door. He smiled lightly, thinking about it, but shrugged it off; he was sure a girl like that already had someone and didn't need a guy she had briefly met in a snowstorm called to see if she wanted to come over for whatever idea he might muster up for an excuse to see her again. The one thing he had forgotten to ask about her was if she was in a relationship. Not that it was even his business, but he was curious nonetheless. Maybe if he was lucky she'd come driving out to hit his mailbox again, or something. At least the new one had a warranty on it.
   Smiling to himself, he poured another cup of coffee and added cream and sugar before taking it back into his living room to sit in front of the fire again, his thoughts drifting once again.

Sinna Mystika

I had actually planned on this taking place starting at the accident and working from there, but I do like the way that you have done it too. I will let you choose if we just continue from where you are, or if I start at the accident. Do let me know, though, so I can post it in the RP board instead of this one. And I do apologize for the length of time it took to apologize. I had not slept for several days, so today I just passed out.

ArlenIronison

((We can actually start it from where I am but it can be both of our characters looking back, you know, just their memories of the event. We'll work up back to where I started with my post, and so on. How's that sound? And don't worry about having slept in, I do that too sometimes.))

Sinna Mystika

So, kind of like a flashback then?? Just tell it as it happened, then make mention that it happened such-and-such time ago?? I want to be sure of what we are doing before I post the story in the other board.

ArlenIronison

((We'll just start from the beginning, with your post of Kodi crashing into Arlen's mailbox))

Sinna Mystika

I've posted the opening here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=57449.0
This is my first time doing this, so I hope it's an alright opening. We can use this thread for OOC if you like. I don't really know how this is done.

Sinna Mystika

I hope you can find it now. *chuckles* I bookmark everything of interest to me so I don't lose it. I ought to have given it a different name, I'm sorry. I just figured we could use this for OOC so that it doesn't "marr the story" so to speak.

ArlenIronison

Yea I get what you mean. It was a wonderful RP, I can continue it a bit longer if you'd like, but I'll give you time to go eat first. I'll go on ahead and toss my first post in there.

Sinna Mystika

Alright then. I won't be long. I live off of spaghetti. *rolls her eyes and sighs*

Sinna Mystika

I'm terribly sorry for my delay in posting. I had a......distraction hanging off of my arm. I didn't mean to keep you waiting.

ArlenIronison

That's alright. I'm gonna have to log after my next post, anyhow. Getting tired.

Sinna Mystika

I'm good with that. I had planned on doing the same. This "distraction" makes me very tire very quickly.

ArlenIronison

Well, good night then. Sleept good and all, we'll pick up later tomorrow maybe.

Sinna Mystika

Sinna Mystika

If you do post tonight, I just wanted to let you know I will be leaving about four or five and won't be back until after midnight. Just so you don't have to wonder when I will post. I am in Missouri so I am in the same time-zone as you are.

ArlenIronison

Sinna Mystika

Sorry I took so long to respond. I was eating.

Sinna Mystika

I'm sorry you weren't approved. I do hope you won't give up the roleplaying and I wish you better luck in the future. I will have to leave momentarily. I think I have time for one more post. I will be back sometime after midnight though, so if you post while I'm gone, I will reply when I get home.

ArlenIronison

Not your fault this site is tighter than a nun's knees on their rules. It's only right, I don't hold it against them. Makes sense they'd enforce it so tightly; one underage posting in the more mature portions of the site and it's game over for them. Oh well, guess I have to wait for the end of the world (joke on 2012)

Sinna Mystika

Sorry I took so long in responding. I usually give up on the site right about this time, but I figured I ought to check one last time.

ArlenIronison

It's alright. If you're going to sleep, go ahead. I don't mind.

Sinna Mystika

No, no, no!! I am nocturnal. I just never see any posts on here after about one, so I give up. I'll be up for several hours yet.

Sinna Mystika

Okay, are you wanting to leave off here and get some real sleep?? Or are you "blessed" with insomnia like me and want to continue with the next morning??

ArlenIronison

I should probably crash soon, but thanks. I'll try and get some posts in later when I wake up.