Engine Heat V2: Characters and Application (Potential roles available)

Started by DarkEnigma, March 13, 2014, 02:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Aye, if we NPC them we should make sure to be consistent. Few things ruin immersion like the technician being named Marcus in one scene and Sally in the next.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

DarkEnigma

mj2002

Quote from: flassche on March 16, 2014, 03:54:15 AM
Alright,

Anyone have something against triplets?

If you're going to play them as characters, I dont see the issue. If they're NPCs though, might be troublesome to write them out of the story if actual participants are joining in their place.

DarkEnigma

Added another male to the rp, putting him in team two to even things out.

I reckon we should give this a little while longer (Day or two) before we commence, giving me ample of time to put the foundations down.

Any suggestions/alterations from you guys/gals?

mj2002

Kokaine

If anyone would like to discuss any sort of history with either Blaze or Jax prior to the start of the game, let me know.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Eliza

If it's any help, Christiana will, in various degrees of interaction, be in contact with all characters. If you'd like your character to be one who has had a previous run-in or run-ins with Christiana, then feel free to drop me a PM. Her racing will be almost secondary in this RP. Her primary focus is to get back at the man who ruined her. After reading the newest character addition, I can say that she has targeted some of the male figures (mostly NPCs) stated in the character outlines.

The mutant of the doc is definitely not Christiana's guy, I'm sure.

There definitely could be something of a sibling-like relationship between Christiana and Jax (assumed Jax is like the BIG little-brother and Christiana is the small big sister. Kinda like Ed and Al from FMA).

DarkEnigma

And we have a journalist on board!

“Intercom flaring up”

Everyone try your hardest to remember your lines and smile when your interview is being held.
Also, no more shootouts to liquor stores, drunken flings or relatives……. in that order.
Thank you!

Kokaine

Liking the new characters coming in :)

Quote from: Eliza on March 17, 2014, 02:38:02 AM
If it's any help, Christiana will, in various degrees of interaction, be in contact with all characters. If you'd like your character to be one who has had a previous run-in or run-ins with Christiana, then feel free to drop me a PM. Her racing will be almost secondary in this RP. Her primary focus is to get back at the man who ruined her. After reading the newest character addition, I can say that she has targeted some of the male figures (mostly NPCs) stated in the character outlines.

The mutant of the doc is definitely not Christiana's guy, I'm sure.

There definitely could be something of a sibling-like relationship between Christiana and Jax (assumed Jax is like the BIG little-brother and Christiana is the small big sister. Kinda like Ed and Al from FMA).

Feel free to abuse Blaze's father and his corporation (needs a name). Blaze herself enjoys screwing with is drivers during the races. The unknown guy that killed her mom is still around as well.

As for a sibling like relationship between Christiana and Jax,  I'm up for it. If you want we can work out a few details :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

mj2002

Its nice to see more characters being added! As for back stories, I'm going to assume my character is fairly familiar with the people on her team, which kind of makes sense. She'd likely also be aware of who the handler and drivers of the other team are, as well as Luna.

Florence

Well Ula... has fucked a lot of people. Literally AND figuratively 8D

So. Yeah. There's that.

Scribbles

Quote from: Eliza on March 17, 2014, 02:38:02 AMThe mutant of the doc is definitely not Christiana's guy, I'm sure.

Haha, that would be too funny! Although probably not for Christiana...

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on March 17, 2014, 10:15:20 PM
Well Ula... has fucked a lot of people. Literally AND figuratively 8D

Aya and Ula fucked, cigarettes were had, maybe breakfast... Be still my beating heart!

On a more serious note, I still need to read everyone's bios and see if there are any nice connections to be made. If anyone has an idea though, let me know, I love it when characters in RPs share a connection, even if a flimsy one, it somehow makes the world feel that much more alive.

Oh as for Luna, I'm thinking of having her interview each team's leader at the start, if there even is such a thing. Not the handlers, mind you, but the bikers.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

mj2002

Flassche perhaps you should edit the topic title to reflect that there's 'only a few spots left!', since I think we still need some folks before we can start.

Florence

If they had breakfast I hope Aya cooked, cause Ula's cooking is pretty much lethal :P

Kokaine

Hehe.

If anyone on Blaze's team or well, just anyone really, wants to be Blaze's post race 'buddy' in recent history just let me know ::) She's harmless... mostly... ish O:)

My O/Os

CurvyKitten

Is this still open? I had a mechanic idea but I'm a bit confused as neither team is listed as having one yet there is one written about in the story Back story of the rp.

Florence

As far as I'm aware its still open for recruitment and mechanic slots are open as well! :o

CurvyKitten

I have two different takes on the character, depending on what team she is one. Hopefully this makes sense as a lot is going through my mind on this one lol

Ok Well I had an idea for a mechanic, she used to be a racer from a relatively unknown team. She was an up and comer her dad tech and her skill had her finishing in the top in now time. Yet she refused to sign or share their tech modifications with the larger corporations saying the real man needed a driver too.(or she fought against what they wanted for some reason, possibly finding out they were trying to rig some upcoming races because she refused to play their way)

They thought by keeping her face hidden, and taking every precaution to hide who they really were they be safe(plus it added to the allure "The masked rider...the phoenix") . Well they were wrong, the large corporations felt threatened by this new up and comer and the following she had. And rig the race for her to not only lose but for her to be taken out once and for all. Huge wreck happens and she is actually thought to be dead. Truth was she survived...barely but she survived. Her father goes into hiding with her while she heals. She does but is left with a scar on her back and nerve damage, and a fear of the track which prevents her from getting back into racing. But finds out she has a skill with mechanics like her dad and learns everything she can before he passes from illness (or so she believes) and somehow gets pulled into being on a team

second take.
Most things stay the same with this one could be that she was simply that up and comer and got into the accident and has that fear of the track and this is the only way she can still be part of the racing she used to love. The company she worked for dropped her because she would not get back on the track. They didn't care how good a mechanic she was thinking theirs was fine, and hated being slighted or jipped out of a racer. So she is forced to heal in less than perfect conditions.

mj2002

DarkEnigma

First off;

Here we have a short code to use during our posts, making it easier for people who have multiple characters to remain structured, somewhat… hopefully.

[float=left][img height=200]Profile picture[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] (Player)
[b]Location:[/b] (Where is the player?)
[b]Tagged:[/b] (what player, or simply anyone)
[hr]

We are indeed still looking for more players, but we have also plenty of slots open for the creative individuals that conjures up something new or people who want to join up later in the game (We can always recruit more followers in pubs, racetracks, at gunpoint.)

CurvyKitten, feel free to send me a character sketch when you decide on what background you wanted your character to have.

I will be posting the ‘main thread’ today or tomorrow. Sounds fair?

mj2002

Quote from: flassche on March 19, 2014, 06:44:31 AM

I will be posting the ‘main thread’ today or tomorrow. Sounds fair?

But I already found it!

DarkEnigma

Hush child!

“Gives you some treats to nibble on whilst distracting the rest from your unmatched detective capabilities“

Nothing to see here folks!

Florence

Kokaine

*Tries not to cheat*

Am looking forward to things getting started though ^^

*waves to the Curvy*

My O/Os