Game of Thrones: Ascension - Freeform, Sandbox GoT Group - Open to All

Started by RobHumph, November 03, 2018, 10:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmandaShow

I really wanted those bonus points and cookies too! I was just a few points away from the decoder ring...
*stares longingly at her cookie-less hands*
Entrapta: “Did you hear that, Emily? I’ve never had a lab partner before!"

Mellific

Hello, all you lovely people!

Would it be alright for me to reserve Adelaide Kane?

O/O | A/A | MM

RobHumph

Mellific

Believe me, I had been thinking about it for a long time. Now finally feels like the best time. And with my favorite FC not claimed, it was like a sign from the gods (old and new), lol.

O/O | A/A | MM

RobHumph

Hehe.

Well we'll be very glad to have you Mel. Feel free to ask for any help you need!

Luciferia

Quote from: Mellific on December 31, 2018, 08:52:32 AM
Believe me, I had been thinking about it for a long time. Now finally feels like the best time. And with my favorite FC not claimed, it was like a sign from the gods (old and new), lol.

OMFG YES <3
If you meet god, tell him to leave me alone

Flower

@Amanda I'm not sure if you're done with your sheet yet but if possible, I would give them noble blood. Maybe a third or fourth son of some house. It will make your life easier in terms of connections, which makes the game a more enjoyable experience.

Rel Mayer

Leaving this here as I wait for approval
Taria Baelish Corbray

Character:  Taria Corbray

Alias:  Taria Baelish

Position:  Wife of Mordred Corbray

Allegiance: House Aryn

Appearance:

Taria has kind eyes and a soft smile that complements her soft lips. Her hair is a dark brown that mirrors most of the people in her family, with the same fair skin. She looks well groomed with combed hair and pretty clean skin. Always dressed in some nice clothing purchased with the money from her house, and she's not afraid to flaunt it. She's average for height, but still shorter than her husband. She has an hourglass figure, but her dresses tend to make her look more modest than she actually is. She also likes to wear jewelry to flaunt her wealth.

Her husband is known for abuse, but her modest clothing hides the cuts and bruises. Since the marriage is still new, there are no scars -- just fresh wounds on her soul. She also tends to have a troubled look in her eyes whenever she is around her husband too long, or he had too much to drink before. However, there is a perseverance there that keeps her chin high to carry on.

Face Claim:  Sarah Bolger

Personality: 

Despite her circumstances being married to man that she absolutely does not care for--she has a spirit that can't be broken. Even with the abuse from her arranged husband, she suffers in silence, by herself. She doesn't want people to think that she's weak or unable to carry on what her family worked so hard for her to do. She can have a vile tongue that goes off when she's pushed too far, and usually she has to deal with the repercussions with it. She wants so badly to establish a heir with Mordred, which is why she keeps dealing with his ridiculous actions.

However, she's known to cope with these things by being manipulative. When the moment calls she can be charming and intellectual to get what she wants. Still, she's not prone to falling in over her head on situations, but she will always find a way to crawl out of whatever hold she dug herself. She's so loyal and determined to make something of the Baelish's that she'd even sacrifice her own life if she knew her heir would be safe. However, a lot still needs to happen before she can find herself in those comforts.

Sadly, for her case, she's also a romantic and a woman with her own wants and needs. Her husband, arranged by marriage, will not satisfy the needs of love and compassion with her. Everything comes with pain and rejection. He also won't give her an heir, which frustrates her to no end.

Motivations: 

Taria's main motivation is to bring noble prosperity to the Baelish name and make something of herself. To do this, she needs to complete the following things:

- Establish a heir with Mordred Corbray (which also means surviving him)
- Establish the Baelish name by investing in owning brothels and other means of business to continue gaining wealth for her family. To do this, she also needs to politically use her status to her family's advantage, and also get another Baelish member to come to the area.
- Avoid causing too much confrontation with the Corbrays, as possible. This way she can manipulate her own motivations forward.

History:

The days of Petyr Baelish are far gone, and even in her house his name is not widely known by everyone. The Baelish house lowered to a merchant house in Gulltown. No nobility or fame, however wealth from their business ventures that had been handed down for many years. The house was sitting on a wealth of gold, but nothing to show for it. It was with this mindset that her parents started raising her as a small child. The goal was to expand their house over to nobility by pursuing a better house with a nice dowry.

The Baelish are known for being people of business. Known for managing brothels and other side businesses. The plan is to continue to grow this, with the help of Taria. Every skill to help her along the way was trained since childhood. So that when she finally became of age, she would marry someone of noble house. Shocking enough, it took a few years for this to happen. No one seemed interested in associating themselves to such a lower house, until the Corbray's finally answered.

It was agreed that Mordred Corbray marry Taria Baelish for her large dowry and to possibly put some restraint on Mordred's life. They married in the month that his sister Mildred was away, and Taria looks forward to finally meeting her. Hoping that she is nothing like her brother. However, ever since she's came to the Corbray manse she feels like this is a battle that is not going in her favor. Her goals seem impossible to upkeep, and she's finding herself involved in a very curious family.

Sexual Identity:  Bisexual

Rumors and Gossip:

Rumor is that Mordred and Taria absolutely despise each other, even if they keep pleasantries in public.
(Looking for a player to plot this) Another rumor is that Taria is planning on bringing family members on having other Baelish family members come live near her, to help start business brothels near where she lives.
Rumor is that Mildred and Taria are also not very fond of each other.
(Looking for a player to plot this)Rumor that there may be a possible scandal where Taria is laying with another man/woman.

Strengths and Key Skills: 

Manipulative - While she may not know how to manipulate her husband well enough, she is still good at stirring the pot around her to get what she wants. She's not afraid of gossip, and isn't afraid to express what is on her mind if it gets her the outcome she wants.
Wealth - The only thing the Baelish family has is wealth and the Corbrays are open to this.
Strong Spirit - Her will is not hard to break, and she will endue a lot to get what she wants.

Flaws and Weaknesses: 

Greed - She was born with money, loves money, and wants everything. She is of the opinion that everything can be bought with a price, and is learning that it is not that way.
Stubborn - When she makes up her mind that she want something, she refuses to let it go. Holds grudges because of this, as well.
No Name - Her house has little nobility associated with it. She has very little power.
Dogs - Allergic to dogs

Character Likes and On's:  Likes
Character Dislikes and Off's: Dislikes

Connections: 

Mordred Corbray - Husband -- Arranged Marraige
Mildred Corbray - Sister by Law

Special Notes:  I'd really am open to building her out and establishing more connections with this character for potential scenes. Please PM me and I'm very open to ideas!

Additional Pictures:  Optional.  A place where you can place additional pictures of your character.  Please spoiler any NSFW images.

Open to modifications, connections, and what have you. Subject to change depending on what's going on with the story.

Flower

Hey wonderbunnies! We're still here and recruiting.

We're a laid back group with wonderful writers and plenty of opportunity. Don't be afraid! Handy dandy list of roles available here.

Quote from: Flower on December 30, 2018, 10:12:10 AM
Edit added Vale army lieutenant stationed in riverlands

List of desired characters...

- Wife for Mordred Corbray, which also means friend for Millie
- Salt Wife for Elmo Volmark
- More Ironborne nobles 
- More Vale Nobles (Vale army lieutenant stationed in riverlands )
- More Northern nobles and protector for current warden of the north
- Paramount for the Stormlands (any other house than Baratheon is acceptable)
- Potential husband for Rhaela Velaryon, current Queen of Westeros

Hopefully this listee helps. :)

WaitingCynicism

If anyone needs a squire, please let me know, I'd be glad to make one!

Flower

I'm not sure about a squire but there are some open roles in the post above yours.

RobHumph

Yeah if you have any ideas for the list above that would be grand! But if not, we're always on the lookout for more nobles.

Lovely Complex

I'd honestly be interested in trying this out. Is the list above updated, by chance?
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

RobHumph

Awesome that you're interested!

As it stands the list is now as follows

List of desired characters...

- Wife for Mordred Corbray, which also means friend for Millie
- More Ironborne nobles 
- More Vale Nobles (Vale army lieutenant stationed in riverlands )
- More Northern nobles and protector for current warden of the north
- Paramount for the Stormlands (any other house than Baratheon is acceptable)
- Potential husband for Rhaela Velaryon, current Queen of Westeros

We're also on the look out for high lords in general. Crakehalls, Rikkers, Bywaters, Swanns etc etc. We're happy to help with any ideas you might have!

Lovely Complex

RobHumph

Lovely Complex

Quote from: RobHumph on January 22, 2019, 02:35:13 AM
We have a maximum of three main PCs for player, so yes!
Cool deal! Let me formulate them and see what I can come up with. :D

SaintSicaire

More Ironborn you say...?^^

I'd be interested....Is there mayhaps any room for an Ironborn Lady, that spent the last two or three years, doing fun things in exotic places and just recently returned to a Westeros (again) gone mad?^^

Or alternatively: Since I guess the Boltons aren't a thing anymore: What happened to their creepy castle? Is there another young house occupying the "creepy-untrustworthy-northmen"-position?^^

Argh....too many ideas^^
"Nideriu minne heizet diu sô swachet
    daz der lîp nâch kranker liebe ringet"

~Walther von der Vogelweide, german minstrel (1220)

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs

RobHumph

There is definitely room for either choice! Though it'd be a good idea to check with the player in control of the region with your idea (What Lies Bove for the Iron Islands and CyrodilicBrandy for the North). And I would be more than happy to hear ideas for who or what may have moved into the Dreadfort after the Bolton's were wiped out.

SaintSicaire

That's great to hear! I think I'll fiddle around with the character-ideas floating around my head right now....
I'm almost thinking, the post-Bolton Dreadfort think could be more interesting...

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs

RobHumph

Actually I've been a bit of an idiot and forgot that the Bolton's were Flowers. It's up to her what happens to them, so if you have any questions please relay them to her.

Really sorry about any confusion caused, this is 100% my fault.

SaintSicaire

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs