News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Young Justice: Darkseid War

Started by Norsegod1839, May 23, 2018, 03:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

YOUNG JUSTICE DARKSEID WAR

So for this one I have two options

Option A. We set it canon to the cartoon but set after the events of Young Justice Invasion

Option B. Its it own thing and set in its own universe

Either way the idea behind it is as follows. Darkseid invades with the full might of his furies and Apokolips. Using some kind of combination of boom tube technology and magic he manages to teleport every major hero and villain off of the planet before his invasion. Thus defeating anyone who could possible opposite him before he even gets there. I have an idea for what kind of place they go to that I would be more than willing to share as well.

In any case the only ones left are hero and villains that Darkseid assumed would not be a threat IE sidekicks.

Now if we're going with canon to the cartoon then the team is already established and they move into action. The team from season two would be the main team and I assume other young heroes would start to rise as well to join the ranks.

If this is the option where its an entirely original thing then the team would form for the first time with the purpose of kicking Darkseid off of the planet and finding their lost mentors. The first act would involve the Darkseid war the fight for Apokolips and the eventual win and kicking Darkseid off of the planet. We can then go from there.

That's the basics of the plot for now. I'm keeping it light because I want to garner interest before breaking down the status of every city and what not. So if you are interested in the basic premise (that of young heroes fighting a covert war against an invading force and then going from there) comment down below!

Cast So Far

Nightwing: Dick Grayson

Robin: Damien Wayne

Batman: Terry Mcginnis

Miss Martian: Megan M'orzz

Mathim

This is the kind of thing I've been wanting to do for a while. I tried starting a YJ game a while back and it didn't last long.

If I may, I would like to suggest a kind of 'proving' for new team members, in the form of a battle against the Furies of Apokolips. Like a warm-up before taking on the big cheese, or handling the small fry while the actual Justice League takes on the heavy hitters. Whether it's part of a simulation to test them or the real deal, it can work either way and keep anyone not fit to throw down with the keeper of the Omega Beams from getting in over their heads while still making themselves useful.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

I think I remember seeing it!

Well the furies of Apokolips will definitely be something the team faces! The actual Justice League won't be showing up until later in the Darkseid war though. This game will start with Darkseid already having invaded the Earth and the league having disappeared in a flash of white light. I have plans for where they might have been taken to for down the line stuff as well.

Hope thats okay? The idea being that without their mentors the team has to prove themselves capable.

Mathim

Hey, it's your game, I'm just making suggestions, it's up to you what direction to take it. Since it's Young Justice I thought we'd try to keep the main JL out of the picture and focus on threats of an appropriate level. Maybe Darkseid is having more trouble handling the League who are out in space and decides to let the Furies loose on Earth in their absence, not realizing the ones who remain behind aren't just staying back because they're weak...

But that's just me. I kind of hoped it would be a more B-team focused game so we can introduce more characters that weren't used in the show (yet). If possible I'd like to call dibs on Batman Beyond, Terry McGinnis. I'd love to see him in season 3 of YJ, even if it was only in a brief cameo or something. Just an acknowledgment of one of the many versions of Batman, especially a younger age one, would be awesome.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

Right my thinking was maybe that Darksied is off wherever the league is enjoying the fact that he beat them. So the furies and Steppenwolf are the ones more or less dealing with the invasion of Earth. We could set it a year into the invasion with them being slowly pushed back or into the first few months of the invasion depending on player interest.

My idea ofr the league is that perhaps they're trapped in an alternate vahalla like dimension where Darksied can kill them or force them to kill each other and they never die.

Mathim

What if whatever mechanism Darkseid uses to remove the A-list heroes doesn't actually get rid of them and just makes them be off of Earth for the time being, at which point they're close enough to mount an attack on Apokolips, and since Earth is supposedly defenseless, Darkseid sees no reason to send the big guns to conquer, and that's how the YJ team gets into the situation? So Apokolips is then engaged in a two-front war and the JL and YJ teams are both fighting threats appropriate to their levels?

Norsegod1839

My idea for the league is that perhaps they're trapped in an alternate Vahalla like dimension where Darkseid can kill them or force them to kill each other and they never die. So yeah there just on an alternate dimension and being used fur Darkseid's amusement. So feasibly the team can come save them without having to trek across the galaxy.

Of course they could break out! And fight from where they are. Depends on the interest we get and how big we want to take it.

Norsegod1839

And all of that can be changed as well! Since its going to be a big team story I would love to get every ones opinion on it. That was just something I had tentatively worked out.

Mathim

A young Kalibak would be a good enemy team leader. Since he's the son of Darkseid (adopted), we could have him be the same age range as the heroes.

Norsegod1839

I got a tentative player interested and playing Damien as Robin and I am going to go with Dick Grayson as nightwing for my main character.

Mathim

So many members of the Bat-Family! I hope they do an episode like that in season 3, with Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin, Red Robin, Batman Beyond, and of course the original. Maybe the villain could be Red Hood just to throw Jason Todd in there too.

NihilXIII

Hey hey, as Norsegod mentioned, I'm interested in playing Damian Wayne/Robin, and making my return to elliquiy at the same time. Looking forward to this!

Norsegod1839

Glad to have you on board Nihil!

Norsegod1839

Mathim for the purpose of the cast list did you know who you were thinking of playing as?

Mathim

I thought I had already called dibs on Batman Beyond, so that's my choice, unless you're not allowing characters who didn't appear in the series.

Norsegod1839

Nope Batman Beyond works for me! I must have missed it! Which means three members of the batfamily!

Any ideas how you want that to work? The usual origin of Bruce getting two old to be Batman any longer doesn't really work in this context.

Mathim

Nah, it'll be more of a Bart Allen/Impulse sort of situation, going back in time (although for Terry, it won't be on purpose, it'll be an accident that just warps him back outside of his control). But his connection to Bruce will be the same. He'll be the Superboy to Bruce's Superman (secret clone) rather than his bastard Damien.

Norsegod1839

Ah I like that! I'm all for time displaced Terry!

Mathim

Yeah, it's usually him dealing with other people who are time-displaced so now it's his turn.

Norsegod1839

I'll put you down for Terry then! I really love that idea just FYI! I am a huge fan of Batman Beyond.

Mathim

I'm disappointed not more came from it. Other characters and whatnot from the DC Animated Universe like Harley Quinn went on to be much more ubiquitous, but not much from Neo Gotham.

Norsegod1839

No! Have you read the BAtman beyond comic? Its not terrible! It just had a pretty good arc with Terry going up again Damien

Mathim

I only saw one or two, where Dana's brother was a Jokerz suicide bomber and Bruce was dying, and then another that I think was just a future JL that showed Micron's origin and where a new Flash, a teenage girl, was empowered. I figured it was a short run and I haven't read any comics in quite a while. Didn't the New 52 wipe out all previous continuity anyway, or something?

Norsegod1839

I'm not sure! Timeline is all confusing! And some of that stuff did get wiped out after the latest reboot. I just go by what's out! And batman beyond a been releasing monthly for I think two years now? Or something like that.

For a while it was a time displaced Tim drake who was batman beyond then terry came back from the dead and retook the mantle.

NihilXIII

Quote from: Mathim on May 26, 2018, 10:11:24 AM
He'll be the Superboy to Bruce's Superman (secret clone) rather than his bastard Damien.

This, I look forward to seeing play out. I'm all for portraying Damian's conflicted side and this will probably help vastly with that :)