Dead Rising [Non Sexual, excessive gore and comedy]

Started by Sabby, July 31, 2008, 07:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

ok, heres the deal. A small group of people with similar reality defying abilities as Frank West of Dead Rising. Your trapped in a shopping mall infested with zombies and must save innocents, fight psychopaths and use all manner of crazy, stupid and downright silly methods of killing hordes of zombies.

Go to an ordinary blender and make a drink that will make you insanely strong and untouchable by zombies so you can barrel a whole hallway of them down with survivors in tow. Pick up a guitar, whack a crazy cultist onto the ground, then play a rocking solo and break the guitar on the cultist Rock Star style. Pour cooking oil down an escalator and watch the 30 zombies slip and tumble down, then go ahead and grab one and use him as a boogie board to ride down it. Or just break their faces into tv's, kick them, knee them them, stomp their heads in and wrestle them WWE Smackdown style.

There is a helicopter coming in four days. You'll have to face various tasks to insure you survive that long, such as repairs, provisions gathering, weapons gathering, saving important survivors, killing weird and crazy people who have gone insane and defending barricades.

This will be freeform for a small group, 2, 3 or maybe 4 people, though it would be easier with one if theres little interest. I'll play as GM and will present events in a very video game like way. The areas and important details will be described to you, and the outcomes of your decisons will be at my mercy, though I'll try and make things both unpredictable and interesting as well as fair.

Inkidu

Isn't there a special place to recruit for non-sexual role plays? Yes I believe there is.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

There is? would a Siren be so kind as to move it? :)

Le RandomBloke

You'll have to PM them to make them hear your plea!

I do not know much about the game, but I'm certainly willing to play in this one if little knowledge of the game itself is required.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Inerrant Lust

If I get in on this, expect an extremely genre savvy character.  :P

Sabby

Bloke, all you need to know is your in a Mall, and usually theres about 500 lumbering zombies between you and your goals. From a roleplay standpoint, its a wet dream! You can be as god damned silly and unrealistic as you like as long as its at least tangible. For example, your on a high up platform, maybe overlooking a food court, and theres zombies in your way, but not two many. You have with you a fire axe and a shotgun on your back, with knives hidden in your boots.

What are you guna do? Hack em up? Put an ex in ones chest and half drag half swing him into another guy? Blast the shotgun and take out most of them in one shot? Do a quick kung fu double kick that breaks both his knee caps, then stomp-twist the neck? Or you could always hurl them through glass display windows or turnbuckle/whiplash them off the railing. And those are fairly mundane options... why not grab a skateboard and grind the railing, using a baseball bat to knock zombies like mailboxes ;D

James

Cobra

Sabby

Group games generally have a small life span, so I'm only going to choose a small group, preferably no more then three, and I'll be fairly selective.

Cobra

If we get chomped on by a zombie, would we get to continue rp'ing as one?  :3

Sabby

Definitely :3 though if you remember from the game, getting bitten didn't always result in infection, and Zombification 'differs greatly from person to person' so you may be in the middle of a scene and then turn Zombie XD

Cobra

Chat Noir

This one still up for grabs?

I'd totally be up for playing a male char for this one even.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

Sabby

Chat Noir

I'm totally up for some zombie-gore-spatter and running around in torn up clothes with baseball bats, 5-irons, can openers and sporks.

So yes, me wants.

Are there currently any other players?

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

SecreT

O&O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19326.0
All thoughts, all passions, all delights,
Whatever stirs this mortal frame,
All are but ministers of Love,
And feed his sacred flame.

Sabby

Ok, DEFINITELY time to pick players. If still interested, say so now. I'll be narrowing it down to possibly three people.

SecreT

O&O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19326.0
All thoughts, all passions, all delights,
Whatever stirs this mortal frame,
All are but ministers of Love,
And feed his sacred flame.

Le RandomBloke

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Chat Noir

*Speaks now so she does not have to forever hold her peace*

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Sabby

I'm afraid so :( three people is the max for this running. Ok, now, we need to decide on how to begin.