Chemtrails vs. Contrails

Started by Oniya, June 26, 2012, 10:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramster

Everyone knows that The Powers That Be have infinite funds for projects done purely for the evulz.

That's why Oni's not the first to come up with selling protective headgear that makes one immune to the arguments of anyone that's part of the conspiracy. That means all us naysayers in here, sheeple!

Get your anti-abduction helmet today:

http://www.stopabductions.com

Other shielding material was tried in previous models with less success. Only thought screen helmets using Velostat are effective!
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Oniya

Quote from: Revolverman on June 27, 2012, 12:33:43 AM
Never mind flying about dummy planes disguised as Commercial flights (or the even more insane theory that normal flights are doing this) would be so frightful difficult to do with no one noticing, never mind expensive for something that seems to be done just for the Evulz.

One of the sites I hit up yesterday remarked that there are photos of planes with 'suspicious looking tanks in them'.  These have naturally been 'exposed' as these phantom chemicals/biologicals (despite the absence of a single caution sticker).  Real reason?  Passenger simulations.  It's easier (and safer, and less costly if there's an accident) to use tanks of water to simulate various passenger weight distributions, rather than swapping out different-weighted dummies or actual people.

Another one that I found highly amusing was a news broadcast that claimed that the Germans 'admitted' to spraying stuff out of planes during WWII.  Uuuunfortunately, if you go with a real translation, the word Dueppel (can't find my umlaut at this hour) means 'chaff' or radar interference material (close cousin of Doppel, I suspect) and not 'chemtrail' (which, oddly enough, translates as 'Chemtrail', or something else with Chemik in it.)

I still haven't gotten a response from my vict- erm - 'the kind person who's trying to alert me to the dangers of government spraying' - about when the program started.  I've got pics from the 1920's for when that happens.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

My favorite bit on the rational wiki entry has to be the explanation of "Black Rays."

Oh silly people and their lack of understanding about shadows.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

Today, on the same person's page:   'question everything, and if this applies to you, quit giving other people shit for questioning anything :) '

Still no answer to my questions about temperature extremes, high altitude accuracy, and when it started.  *whistles innocently*

I'm giving it another day, and then I'm posting the link to the 'contrail science' Java app that shows the grid forming.  This is one situation where the silence is speaking volumes.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Will

Obviously the government is in the process of administering toxic chemical agents to the population via fighter jet and commercial airline.  That's probably the most efficient, cost-effective method, right?

They want to make us sick, so we'll be weakened and unable to resist when they make their move and herd us into the clandestine FEMA camps.  For the extermination, of course.

OPEN YOUR EYES !!
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Quote from: Will on June 28, 2012, 11:25:42 AM
OPEN YOUR EYES !!

I said I was willing to listen to both sides, provided that credible arguments could be made.  Sources would be extra nice (again, credible.  Scans of the Weekly World News before they went 'all digital' are not credible).  I have a friend who once made a credible argument in high school (for a unit on propaganda) that all life on Earth came from Mars - entertainment value of an argument can be a plus point.  Old, tired arguments can get points taken off.

;D

Carry on!

Will

The idea that Earth was inadvertently seeded with life from elsewhere is a lot more credible than the chemtrails BS.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Will on June 28, 2012, 11:25:42 AM

OPEN YOUR EYES !!

You're one of them, aren't you? Everyone knows that the compliance rays are administered visually through electronic billboards and reality TV; the wider open your eyes, the more exposure you get, so it's better to squint at everything.

Oniya

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 28, 2012, 12:52:01 PM
You're one of them, aren't you? Everyone knows that the compliance rays are administered visually through electronic billboards and reality TV; the wider open your eyes, the more exposure you get, so it's better to squint at everything.

Dude, sunglasses.

I'm here to chew bubblegum...

Trieste

*ears tingle at the mention of 'organic chemicals'*

They say that truth is stranger than fiction, but it's also a lot simpler. All the reports of the DOD experiments on the US population have involved things like adding components to public drinking water, directly spraying pathogens on the population with a method akin to crop dusting, and releasing pathogens in subway systems.

In all that I've read, however, the most commonly utilized unwilling or uninformed population in experimentation has been US Military personnel rather than the public at large. The military has quite a bit of control over its enlisted forces, and they have little recourse.

Crap like the chemtrails conspiracy makes it more difficult to talk about unethical experimentation in the US without being dismissed as a crackpot. It makes anyone who is concerned with chasing down an unethical practice sound like they should be wearing a tinfoil hat.

Now someone needs to suggest that the government started and spread the chemtrails theory to take legitimacy away from valid complaints about government abuse. ::)

Clouds and cloud systems can be persistent - hasn't anyone propagating this theory ever seen a hurricane? You can go to the satellite pages and watch the massive cloud systems roll off of Africa, across the lower Atlantic, and form up into tropical storms and hurricanes. I did it all the time when I was in a high risk area.

Volatile organic solvents tend to have a depressed boiling point - it's one of the qualities that make organic chemicals so useful in research and spectroscopy. They would be volatilized by the jet engine and the fumes would rise, not sink.

High heat also denatures proteins. If you've ever scrambled an egg, you can watch protein denaturation in progress. Microbes are made up of proteins, and they can't survive the process. There are some microbes that can survive those kind of temperatures, but if they were being distributed across a wide area, there would be quite a few very sick, sick people since the microbes that can survive heat like that also tend to be extremely nasty.

In short, everything about this theory is insulting to me as a scientist.

Oniya

Quote from: Trieste on June 28, 2012, 02:11:52 PM
Now someone needs to suggest that the government started and spread the chemtrails theory to take legitimacy away from valid complaints about government abuse. ::)

I like this idea.  >:)

Clouds and cloud systems can be persistent - hasn't anyone propagating this theory ever seen a hurricane? You can go to the satellite pages and watch the massive cloud systems roll off of Africa, across the lower Atlantic, and form up into tropical storms and hurricanes. I did it all the time when I was in a high risk area.

Volatile organic solvents tend to have a depressed boiling point - it's one of the qualities that make organic chemicals so useful in research and spectroscopy. They would be volatilized by the jet engine and the fumes would rise, not sink.

High heat also denatures proteins. If you've ever scrambled an egg, you can watch protein denaturation in progress. Microbes are made up of proteins, and they can't survive the process. There are some microbes that can survive those kind of temperatures, but if they were being distributed across a wide area, there would be quite a few very sick, sick people since the microbes that can survive heat like that also tend to be extremely nasty.

In short, everything about this theory is insulting to me as a scientist.

Even as a layperson.  Explaining cloud formation and atmospheric currents on an 8-year-old level isn't all that hard.  (I use 8, because one of the signs I've seen quotes a woman's 8-year-old as asking 'What are those lines in the sky, Mommy?') 

Saria

You know, as conspiracy theories go, this one is......... pretty sad.

I get the staying power of the Apollo Moon Landing conspiracy, or the 9/11 hoax conspiracy, and so on. The thing with those conspiracies is that they're functionally impossible to empirically disprove, because it's after the fact. We can show all the videos and evidence of what really happened to show that there was no conspiracy, but the conspiracy theorists can simply worm their way around the edges of the evidence we have. Once they do that, we can't go back and get more evidence. Put another way, if all we had is the Zapruder film, then conspiracy theorists could weave all kinds of stories about things just outside of the frame, and there'd no way to counter them (other than to point out Ockham's Razor, I suppose) because the only evidence we have is in frame, and there's no going back to get more.

But the proponents of this particular theory have to be the most half-assed conspiracy theorists there are. I mean, even the flouride-in-the-water-to-cause-mind-control theorists have to be looking at these chemtrail guys and saying, "dude......... weak."

Because it can't be that hard to pick out a plane that's allegedly spraying chemicals, follow it to an airport, and check the damn thing out. I wouldn't recommend that they look for the spraying mechanism (because they probably wouldn't know a pitot tube from a pencil sharpener), but rather look for the tanks that the chemicals had been in. There really isn't much room to hide any decent sized tanks on a modern passenger plane - hell, there's barely enough room for the freaking passengers on a modern passenger plane - so it shouldn't be hard to find the total absence of giant tanks of chemicals from these supposedly chemical spraying planes.

It's truly depressing that these people who are so concerned about what the government might be spraying on them can't even be bothered to get their act together and do that. Has nobody challenged the most vocal proponents of these theories - especially the ones writing the books - to ask why they don't do that? I'm not that bright; somebody has to have thought of it before me.

Some skeptic group should really pull a Randi. Get two groups of chemtrail "experts". Take one to the airport and let them examine the planes as they please - on camera - until they admit there are no sprayers or chemicals. Naturally they will say that these planes are cool and that other planes have the dreaded chemical tanks and sprayers, but never mind that. Never break camera contact from the moment the "experts" make their admission right through when the planes take to the air. Meanwhile, take the second group of "experts" downstream from the airport, along one of the most busy flight paths leaving the airport. Get truckloads of video of them waxing melodramatic about all the "scientific" details of the trails ("see how they just hang there? has to be chemicals sprayed!") while pointing to the "chemtrails" made......... by the very planes that were just certified "chemtrail free". Compare footage from the two groups. Enjoy.
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Callie Del Noire

Now now Saria.. in all fairness not many folks know what a PITOT tube is.. (one of my favorite 'stupid airmen' stories involves a pitot tube, a water hose and the phase 'check this shit out')

And if they went to the airfield and did all that..they couldn't fee persecuted now could they?

Saria

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 29, 2012, 10:40:38 PM
Now now Saria.. in all fairness not many folks know what a PITOT tube is.. (one of my favorite 'stupid airmen' stories involves a pitot tube, a water hose and the phase 'check this shit out')

I suppose......... but you'd really think that someone who "knows" enough about aeroplanes and high-altitude fluid dynamics to "figure out" that chemtrails aren't vapour would.

And if they went to the airfield and did all that..they couldn't fee persecuted now could they?

Oh, I'd be happy to persecute them afterwards. :-) I'm a helper!

TheGlyphstone

They could, however, feel prosecuted. ;D

Oniya

Okay - posted a general rant on the subject.  I'm very pleased that Facebook put the 'rant' half of it under the 'see more' - until you hit that, I sound like I might have seriously considered the topic.  Now to see if any of the conspiracy nuts are truly Smarter Than A Fifth-Grader.

Saria

This whole chemtrails thing reminded me of something... I couldn't put my finger on it... then it hit me.

Sprinkler Rainbow Conspiracy

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: Saria, that's gotta be a joke.

It's not a joke. The person who is hosting this video is not the original poster. The woman who originally posted it took it down - likely in the face of scathing mockery - however... she's real. And, as you can see, she's a chemtrail conspiracy fan (gotta love her title: "Truth Seeker Observing TPTB").

Trieste

I wonder what she would make of a double rainbow. >.>

I want those two minutes of my life back. I think I lost IQ points listening to that.

Iniquitous

Quote from: Saria on July 21, 2012, 11:35:57 PM
This whole chemtrails thing reminded me of something... I couldn't put my finger on it... then it hit me.

Sprinkler Rainbow Conspiracy

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: Saria, that's gotta be a joke.

It's not a joke. The person who is hosting this video is not the original poster. The woman who originally posted it took it down - likely in the face of scathing mockery - however... she's real. And, as you can see, she's a chemtrail conspiracy fan (gotta love her title: "Truth Seeker Observing TPTB").

Omg my brain hurts now. I enjoy a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person but that woman is too much.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Oniya

I didn't listen to it - I just popped over to YouTube to look at the comments.  That was worth two minutes (especially the 11 year-old).

Shjade

I love that she turns the camera sideways as if documentation of the rainbow from different directions will better convey the horror on display.

Contaminating our water with fabulous indeed.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Hemingway

"What the heck is in our water supply, what is in our oxygen supply?"

This got me thinking. What is in our oxygen supply? I did some sleuthing, and I discovered that the air we breathe is approximately 78% nitrogen, 20,9% oxygen, 0,9% argon, and a whole lot of other gases. The air we breathe! Both nitrogen and argon are potential asphyxiation hazards, among other things, and this is in the air!

I did some more research, and discovered that in the past, our planet's atmosphere had less nitrogen. Clearly what we are seeing now is an effort by some sort of nitrogen-breathing life form to change Earth's atmosphere to allow them to take over. I discovered this in five minutes using Wikipedia. How can people be so blind!?

... I ... I'm sorry, I had nothing better to do with my time.

Saria

XD Don't forget, Hemingway, oxygen is toxic, too, but how could that have been the case in the past? We would have all died out from being poisoned by the oxygen we breathe! This is clearly a result of the weather control programs run by TPTB, to turn the very oxygen we breathe toxic! ~nod~

TheGlyphstone

Reptiloid mind-control pheremones, obviously. Wake up, sheeple!