Secrets of Candlewick (Supernatural Romance-Fae and WereCreatures-LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, June 08, 2015, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Honestly it is purposefully ambiguous.  The look and feel of most of the homes and vehicles and everyday technology is somewhere in the 1930's-1950's. There may be a home here and there that is starkly modern but it is frowned upon by the locals.  Think of Gloucestershire from Hot Fuzz.

The sherrif would likely have the look and feel of a 1930's officer so you are fine.

This makes outsiders or technophiles stand out.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Hazy Sky

I will tweak him slightly to take advantage of the best bits of technology up to the end of the fifties then. Thanks for clarifying Crash. Also I'm claiming Ethan Hawke for him please.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Heartsink

Quote from: Crash on June 10, 2015, 08:49:35 AM
Pooka are Fae.  Probably with Contract of Tooth and Claw.

I'll go with that then, thanks :-)

Quote from: Crash on June 10, 2015, 08:49:35 AMThe Vale is very isolated.  People tend to stumble on it if they are not from there originally. my original thought is those that grew up there are suspicious of modern technology and those that bring in modern technology find it hard to integrate.  There are few if any fiber optic lines for high speed internet and cell service is sporadic at best.

All right, with your answer to Skyre's question, I get a good idea :P Expect a CS later today ;) also great game idea btw

Crash

Will add faceclaim. 

Modern technology isn't forbidden it just should not be commonplace everywhere.

Heartsink - Thanks.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Dhi

If there ends up a shortage of fae ladies, I'll shelve the human investigator idea and create some kind of fae instead.

Crash

Go with the one you are most interested in Dhi. 

I know of a couple of Fae Queens in the works and Nifer is looking at a Fae Knight though that is up in the air some. I will have a Fae commoner that I plan on being female. 

All - The response in such short a time has been wonderful.  Thank you all for your interest and enthusiasm.

I will add a little bit about the True Fae (Those still in Arcadia) and some about entering the edges of Arcadia and the passages between worlds.  These weakened areas such as Fairy Circles open both ways and often strange fae creatures pass from Arcadia to Earth and back.

Kendra

Hope this ok Crash, if I've put in too much or it needs tweaking in any other way just let me know.
Will start in on the vampire sheet soon  ;)

Name: Nova Frost
Player:  Red Tempest
Concept:  Ballet Madame ~ owner of the Candlewick School of Dramatic Arts and Dance

Dirty Secret:  Nova’s mother Sabine North was human, a vision of goddess like beauty. The faerie lord Drave SnowFrost lured her, wooed her and won her for his own. He copulated with her until she gave birth to a child and then tossed Sabine to the faerie wives who put her to work as a slave in Arcadia. The baby however was beautiful from birth and became the absolute joy of her father. From an early age she always knew that she was different and though her magical abilities were strong, they were nothing compared to the true fae that taunted and teased her for being a changeling. Her father manipulated her into taking a baby from it's human mother, she did as she was told though it weighed heavy on her. When it was rumoured that Drave would take her as his wife; Nova knew she had to escape. She was given a choice to make, take either her mother or the baby with her. She made her choice and must now live with it.

Court: Winter
Court Rank: Queen
Sex: female
Age: age in fae years - unknown / age looking in human years - twenty four
Orientation: Bisexual
On’s: linkage here
Off’s: linkage here

Appearance:
Hair: Very long winter white
Eyes: silver grey
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 120lbs

Description:
~Slender, tall and very pale. Nova in her human form has hair that looks a strange hue, almost like a winter moon. Her skin is flawless and her beauty is very striking, often a human cannot take their eyes off of her. Elegant and poised, her time at the fae court in Arcadia has stood to her in many ways. In her fae form she appears a little taller, her hair a little longer, in both forms her skin seems the same colour as her hair but her human form she is far paler.

~In human form she wears flowing dresses, often simply to her ankles and always white. Easier for dancing and teaching her ballet classes. Her mask appears far paler than her true form.

Mantle of Winter – Manipulation of Cold.  The mantle simply looks stark, as if it were clearer or easier to see than others. When invoking a Contract, snowflakes whisk through the image of the changeling.  Cold wind and swirling snowflakes accompany her when using a contract.

Personality:

~Dedicated: Nova has put her talents not simply to running a prestigious dancing academy but to the protection of as many changelings that have crossed over from Arcadia as she can possibly help. The winter court are relied upon for the mysteries and secrets and none more so than the queen herself. Changelings tend to first come to the Winter Court when they first cross over, so that they have a safe house of sorts before Nova determines which court they truly belong to and makes sure that they get their safely.

~Discreet: No one can keep a secret quite as well as those of the Winter court. Nova has heard plenty in her lifetime and has enough of her own to keep as well. She is discreet in all her doings, whether it is in the taking of a sexual partner or hiring new members for her court or assisting a changeling.

~Elegant: she carries herself with grace and poise always.

~Dominating: She expects things done and done her way, she likes everything in meticulous order and likes everything to go as clockwork or she becomes most put out because she does not feel emotion due to her contract of sorrow, she cares nothing at all for how another feels. She believes she does what is right and what is best for those that come into her care or those that she wants. She likes getting her own way in everything.

~Obsessive: When Nova gets an idea into her head she pursues it doggedly. Her greatest obsession will always be to stay one step ahead of her father, so that he will never find her. Assisting changelings to their courts in the Vale she is also compulsive about, she believes she failed her mother and the shame of this, the sorrow that it wrought in her was the main reason she sought the contract she did. Her father had intended for her to learn the contract of desire.

Changeling Abilities:

Long lived – Outside of Arcadia changelings are mortal though love lived.  Changelings need glamor to live and use their magic.  Glamour is gained from strong emotions or dreams and can be gathered in one of three ways.  Items from the outskirts of Arcadia such as goblin fruit contain glamour, but more commonly Changelings feed on the emotions of humans.  This can be done by leeching already present emotions from humans, stepping into a mortals dreams and stealing a little bit of their dream for yourself or reaping which is inciting quick burst of emotions.  Reaping is not as nourishing as leeching and can cause severe emotional trauma of done repeatedly.

Glamour – The art of making one thing look like another.  All Changelings have this ability to some extent.  Their true selves and all things made of glamour or from the hedge appear mundane to human eyes unless the human has been glamoured in which case they can see the Changelings as they truly are.  Many Changelings learn to expand their use of glamour to spin incredibly realistic illusions.

Oath Spinning – The Changelings take oaths and promises very seriously.  A true oath will state what is expected of the Changelings and the thing they are oathsworn too and what the repercussions are to both parties should they break this oath.

Contracts:
Contract of Sorrow – Manipulate Sadness
  • A Mere Vessel for Loss - Letting the numbness of sorrow in, Nova becomes hardened against physical pain as well.
  • Fear is Nothing - Already resistant to fear by embracing loss, Nova resists even supernatural terror.
  • Grief is Stronger Than Death - Wrapped in her sorrow, Nova ignores pain and injury, delaying wounds until after the battle.
  • Remorseless Strike - With fist or weapon, Nova strikes from a cold void of emotions.
  • A Cold Hand on the Heart - Nova anoints an ally with her sorrow, granting them the benefits of the first, second, or third clauses of this contract.

Contract of Elements – Control over the element - Ice
  • Cloak of the Elements - when Nova has a representation of ice, she can protect herself from any version of this element with a mystical "cloak".
  • Armor of the Element's Fury - Once Nova  touches the element, she may form an armor of it around herself that also damages anyone who attempts to touch or grab her.
  • Control Element - If enough of the element surrounds her, Nova can manipulate the movement of the element itself.
  • Calling the Element - If called as part of a show or viewing, Nova can call existing elements of ice from other locations to her.
  • Become the Primal Foundation - After meditating on her element for at least thirty minutes, Nova can turn herself into that element.

Oaths: 
    When she came from Arcadia, she went to the safehouse that she had been told about and there she met with the founder of the Winter Court. He was a breath of fresh air to her and taught her how to live in the human world while being a changeling. He also sent her to Winter to be challenged when her time came for he believed that he had found the one that would take up his place. Her challenge was to hide not simply herself but three others from Winter for three days. By the fifth day, she finally brought her charges and herself from hiding and earned her mantle.

Background:
    Vastia Snowfrost was born to a human woman Sabine North, but born not in the human world but in the fae world. Sabine had been extensively wooed by Drave Snowfrost; he could have easily kidnapped her but found the challenge of winning her far more fun. Most women fell at his feet within minutes or hours but Sabine held out for three whole days before finally succumbing to his charms. He took her then to Arcadia where she saw his true form, he repeatedly ravaged her long after she became pregnant. He was in truth for a time enamoured with the woman but once she gave birth to his daughter, his penchant for her quickly changed to disgust and she was given to the wives of Arcadia to with as they chose. Sabine was put to work as a slave like other women that had been taken to be nothing more than sexual playthings for a time by fae men.

Vastia was given her fathers name, a royal member of the Arcadia court he fussed and watched over her daily and as she grew he encouraged her to view the slave women, to make fun of them; to do anything but pity them. She did not know that one was her mother until some of the true fae children taunted her about this. Devastated she turned from the slave women when her father next brought her, afraid that she would see her mother and that her mother would in turn see her and hate her for how she lived in comparison.

When she grew into her teenage years her father took her through to the human world in order to take her first human child. She was horrified, disgusted by what she was expected to do and felt heart broken that she would be taking someone’s baby from them. Drave promised her that the life of that baby would be far better in Arcadia and after some time persuaded her of this.

Daily she seemed to grow more and more beautiful and many in Arcadia thought her supremely divine to behold and this was also not lost upon her father. He knew it would only be a matter of time before another true fae looked upon her for himself. Drave circulated that Vastia was his by blood and would be his by marriage too. Vastia was wracked by guilt still over the kidnapping of the child and by the abandonment of her mother to the slave quarters, that when the news finally reached her that her father planned to marry her himself, she knew she had to run away.

A fae as ancient as time itself and yet looked no more than Vastia did, had at times taken the girl under her wing and it was to her that Vastia went to. The woman was a changeling and had helped many escape to the other side and promised to do so with Vastia too providing she take one other with her from Arcadia. She had to choose between the child she had taken or her mother. Vastia knew that her mother had been there too long and could never survive were she to return to her own world now. Deciding to take the child and return her to her family, the ancient fae helped her to a safe house in the winter court.

Here she was taught to stay low, to stay hidden and to learn an entirely new identity for herself. She became Nova Frost and opened up the Candlewick School of Dramatic Arts and Dance. When she later became Queen, she formed a contract with a vampire who helped her to run a small hotel. The hotel much like the School became safe houses for changelings to blend into when they came from Arcadia. They were helped much like she had been before they were in turn sent on to a court best suited to them. The child she managed to return to her home but never again would she feel emotions as deep as those she had been made to feel in Arcadia. She would help any changeling to escape and thwart the true fae as best she possibly could.

In her court she has two societies, the Knighthood Of Utmost Silence and the Knights Of The Widow’s Walk; these are to help the changelings in the Vale as best as possible with transition from Arcadia and with setting up new lives and with gaining secrets that would help the four courts.

Knighthood Of Utmost Silence
    Experts at subterfuge, these Silent Knights help changelings to disappear without a trace, into a new life.

Knights Of The Widow’s Walk
    Faceless and nameless, these Sirs and Ladies are the epitome of spies, taking new names and new faces as necessary.

more images

Crash

Awesome Red!  Love the extras you have added about her court and the Dance School.

Kendra

Quote from: Crash on June 10, 2015, 10:20:48 AM
Awesome Red!  Love the extras you have added about her court and the Dance School.

PHEW!!
was afraid it'd be too much lol

ok, can get cracking later today on my vampires  ;D
thanks Crash  ;)

Crash

My graveyard shift earlier this week is finally catching up to me.  I am sooooo tired.

Praxis

** VERY Work in Progress **

** Need to actually do real work though.  Finish tonight. **

Name: Ineluki Eirandrion Elderbough || “Zenil Kenainath Ceilan Kan Turta”  Roughly translated to “Broken Prince of the Four Seasons”
Player:  Praxis
Concept:  Incubus
Dirty Secret:  It took decades for Ineluki to master his abilities and while confused by them as a child and a “young fae”  (relatively), Ineluki; at times unknowingly evoked passion and lust from the courtiers around him.  Young as he was and inexperienced as he was, he was raped twice by female members of the court and three times by male members of the court.  The third of which he killed.

Court: Spring Court
Court Rank: Exiled Prince of the Spring Court – (Self imposed exile)
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
On’s: Grace, charm, beauty – (Truth is, I’d rather you just interact with him and find out.  PM me if you’re concerned.  Crash; give me shit if you don’t like this.)
Off’s: Depending on the writing partner, I’ll take things as far as they are looking to go.  I have some hard stops but PM me and I can’t imagine any of them are surprising.

Appearance: Not particularly prone to pleasant smiles.  Even when in the Fae realm, Ineluki spends the entirety of his time appearing as a mix of human and Fae which might be due to some unconscious…or very deliberate attempt to separate himself from the politics and laws of the Fae world.  He has taken great pains (quite literally) to cover himself with ferocious looking red tattoos.  When he chooses (rarely) he can make the tattoos disappear but they tend to flare into sight when exercising his power, excited or in a fight.  Sleek, well-defined and quite hard, Ineluki appears every bit a predator. 

Hair: A rich crimson in colour with the sides of his head shorn clean.
Eyes: Green, or white without pupils when he chooses.
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 178 lbs

Description:

(Still need to work on this…no idea at finding a “human guy” as face claim. )

Personality:

Ferocious – Ineluki’s solution to a problem often involves charging headlong in the waiting jaws of whatever beast…or problem he encounters.

Passionate – Moderation of emotion is something that Ineluki struggles with daily.

(( more to come ))

Changeling Abilities:

Long lived – Outside of Arcadia changelings are mortal though love lived.  Changelings need glamor to live and use their magic.  Glamour is gained from strong emotions or dreams and can be gathered in one of three ways.  Items from the outskirts of Arcadia such as goblin fruit contain glamour, but more commonly Changelings feed on the emotions of humans.  This can be done by leeching already present emotions from humans, stepping into a mortals dreams and stealing a little bit of their dream for yourself or reaping which is inciting quick burst of emotions.  Reaping is not as nourishing as leeching and can cause severe emotional trauma of done repeatedly.

Glamour – The art of making one thing look like another.  All Changelings have this ability to some extent.  Their true selves and all things made of glamour or from the hedge appear mundane to human eyes unless the human has been glamoured in which case they can see the Changelings as they truly are.  Many Changelings learn to expand their use of glamour to spin incredibly realistic illusions. 

Oath Spinning – The Changelings take oaths and promises very seriously.  A true oath will state what is expected of the Changelings and the thing they are oathsworn too and what the repercussions are to both parties should they break this oath.

Contracts: Contract of Desire (In essence, Ineluki could be considered an incubus.)(more to write)

Oaths: (work in progress)

Background: (work in progress…hashing it out but currently exiled from the Spring Court due to challenges with self-perception, self-worth and an inability to regulate his own emotions)

Loves

I noticed other people posting here, so I wasn't sure if you wanted them here.... lol... I have PMed you, but here it is also.  Let me know if you would like any changes, I'll be happy to do them.

Name: Summer Lynn Rivers
Player: Loves
Concept:  Single-minded to the point of recklessness.

Dirty Secret:  Secrets! Where to start! When Summer was ten she was kicked out of Girl Guides because she forged signatures for her badges. That was the start of her life of crime…  From there, Summer moved onto bigger things, like stolen packs of gum from the corner store, forging notes to sign out of school to go shopping with her friends and stealing money from her dad’s wallet.

Puberty brought on more confusion with her sensitivities coming to light, Summer began to act out. Such as climbing out of the window to go meet up with her friends. Smoking pot. Getting into a heated argument with her parents and telling them that she wished that they were dead… and then pushing down the guilt she felt after never seeing them again… She blames herself and is determined to find out the truth.

Though there is one other secret that she holds close to her chest. It was during the time that, shortly after the police gave up looking for her parents, that Summer ran away.  Her grandmother believed that they were dead and so she put on a funeral so family and friends could say good bye. Summer refused to attend, believing that her parents were still alive, and so she ran off to prove it, only to find herself alone on the streets of a big city. She fell in with some bad people and ended up getting busted for prostitution. Not her finest moment… hopefully thought, her secret will remain just that and any and all new ones will stop piling up soon, she’s running out of places to hide them.

Sex: Female
On’s: Intense sexual attraction, elements of danger, “bad boys”, rough, spontaneous sex, unusual locations, and although I won’t admit it… a touch of romance.  I’m adventurous, and will try most anything at least once, after all, how can I say if I like it if I’ve never done it?
Off’s: Don’t treat me like a china doll! Clingy people that ask me “what are you thinking right now”  and ANYONE my grandmother tries to hook me up with on a date! Oh yeah, none of that bathroom business, some things should remain a mystery.

Appearance:
Hair: Long, falling to the middle of her back and straight… dark brown in colour with light caramel coloured highlights that show up in the bright sunlight (her hair appears lighter in the summer months with its natural highlights)
Eyes: Dark brown with golden flecks that are more pronounced when she is emotional
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 120 lbs

Description:

Summer’s most notable physical characteristic is her expressive, dark brown eyes with golden flecks that seem to dance like the stars in the night sky. She inherited her striking eyes from her mother and grandmother, which can be a constant reminder of what she has lost whenever she looks into the mirror. Her personal style of dress and long, shapely legs are what her grandmother says makes men of any age look too long, provoking catcalls, and causing assumptions about her character. Summer is tanned and is extremely fit. She is average in height, around 5'6” and has a slim but curvy, toned and athletic physique. She got her stunning body from playing soccer, tennis and other sports, not to mention winning the genetic lottery. She has a high metabolism and can seemly eat anything without gaining a single pound.

Personality:

Summer is athletic, and daring. She is often  impulsive, courageous bordering on being more reckless at times, but her extroversion and high spirits help her to make friends easily.

She can sometimes be too aggressive when she wants something, and has often been scolded for not being a team player. 

She can be single minded in what she believes is the right course of action, stubborn beyond reason.

When focused on something important, Summer can forget about the basics of taking care of herself, such as eating properly, drinking lots of water, and in some cases, even sleeping. She will keep going until she drops, affecting her health and causing those that love and care for her to worry. 

Summer can sometimes come across as cold and uncaring, she has a dry sense of humor and a quick wit, not at all afraid to speak her mind. Her brother has often told her “one day, that pretty little mouth of yours is gonna get you into a heap of trouble!”

Supernatural Abilities or Special Skills:

Sensitive – Sensitive mortals can sense of the otherness of supernatural creatures

Highly Sensitive Person – Defined

To describe those people who are more in-tune to paranormal events a term was created – “highly sensitive person” or HSP. According to some researchers, those that are HSP have a biological difference that allows their nervous system to process sensory data much more deeply and thoroughly than the average person.  Yes, it can also be hereditary.  It is estimated that approximately 15-20% of humans have nervous systems that can be described as HSP.   
Because those that are HSP processes information to a much greater extent, they are typically more creative, more intuitive, and are more detailed-oriented. Unfortunately, it also means they can tend to burnout quicker because of the over-stimulation.

Oaths: <If you enter an oath with someone it should be entered here.>

Background: Summer Lynn Rivers is the second-born among her siblings with one younger sister and one older brother. She was born and raised in the Vale (along with her siblings) and lived a relatively normal life until her 13th birthday.

A popular girl in her youth, Summer was a ball of energy. She enjoyed sports and the challenges it gave her, pushing her to be the best that she could be, regardless of how her aggressive and competitive nature affected others.

Though to see her from the outside looking in, you might think she had the perfect life, but Summer had her problems.  As she grew older she began to become more sensitive to her environment than her friends.

Summer began sensing things about strangers, noticing when someone wasn’t quite right. What she discovered scared her and so she began to suppress the ability the best that she could, resulting in a major attitude shift. Summer began to act out, growing more aggressive and reckless. Her parents grew concerned and did their best to get through to their daughter, resulting in a loud argument where Summer accused them of purposely wanting to ruin her life, and then spoke five words she wanted to take back almost immediately after saying them.  “I wish you were dead!”

That evening Summer’s life changed forever.  After being grounded and sent to her room she did what any young teenager might do, and escaped out of the window.  She had spent the night with a friend unknown to her parents so that, should they come looking for her, there was no way they would be able to drag her back home.  Summer could only guess how they might have reacted once finding out she was gone. At first, the idea of worrying them was delightful. However all that changed when she returned home the next day only to find her Grandmother looking after her baby sister. Her parents had gone out looking for her, yet unlike Summer, they hadn’t returned. 

After the disappearance of her parents she became distant, creating a strain in the relationship between Summer, her siblings and her Grandmother (whom they moved in with after the crisis). She is much closer to her friends than her immediate family, though most of her friends would be considered a bad influence on her. As a child (before the disappearance) Summer had excelled in soccer and was heading towards being known as superstar among her fellow athletes. However after her parents vanished she stopped playing and distanced herself from her old life and her old friends.   

She began to crave dangerous situations, pushing herself to be daring and courageous, often acting on impulse rather than reason. Summer refused to think twice before doing something no matter how dangerous it might have been. Despite seeming to be strong, she is actually rather vulnerable, often making self-destructive decisions when the consequences of her actions prove to be too much.

With that in mind, the next stage of life for Summer while still living in Vale will become clear. Instead of moving away (like her older brother did) Summer stayed with her Grandmother, and began to dedicate her life to finding the truth about her parents disappearance.  (other than the time she had to put in as a waitress at a local bar) How can two people just vanish without a trace? Summer didn’t believe in Aliens, but she did know…. or at least she was fairly positive that there were other creatures that lived nearby, and in some cases, among humans that might have the answer that she is so desperately seeking.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Crash

Praxis -  You should have a normal actor as your human form.  I will certainly accept art for Fae forms as finding cosplay isn't always easy. Fae characters will effectively have two portraits.  What they look like to humans and what they look like to other supernaturals.

Everyone - When looking for art for Fae forms please stay away from anime art or cartoonish art.

I am not ready yet to do full character reviews so posting them here is fine just assume that all character sheets posted here are works in progress.

Hazy Sky

Name: Sheriff Michael Dugan.
Player: Skyre.
Concept:  The upholder of the law, protector of the innocent, the redeemer of those who can be saved, the judge of those who cannot.

Dirty Secrets: He once killed an innocent. It all went wrong very fast, but there was no need for the boy to die. It is one of the few kills that he regrets having to make. He is prone to bouts of depression during which he questions all that he does and what he stands for. These bouts are often made worse by excessive consumption of alcohol.

Sex: Male.
Orientation: Straight.
On’s: <Please include a link to your own On’s in addition to any On’s your character may have.>
Off’s: <Please include a link to your own Off’s in addition to any Off’s your character may have.>

Appearance: The Sheriff is only ever seen dressed in his uniform, which will be clean and pressed. His badge will be polished, his hair combed and a white handkerchief will be neatly folded in his breast pocket. He will always have his holster belt with his revolver, flashlight, handcuffs, truncheon and other vital equipment around his waist. His uniform consists of a white shirt, short or long sleeved depending on the time of year with a black tie, light brown trousers that are always immaculately pressed and black shoes. In winter he wears a battered army surplus leather bomber jacket with the word Sheriff painted on the back above the badge of his office. In summer he generally goes just in his shirtsleeves. On sunny days he will wear aviator sunglasses and he uses reading glasses to fill in his paperwork and read. 
The only time he is ever seen out of uniform is when he is exercising. He keeps himself fit, but walks with a slight limp. This doesn't actually seem to slowly him down much and is barely noticeable. No one knows how he came by his limp and many wild stories circulate about it.
Hair: Blonde. Always neatly trimmed and combed.
Eyes: Blue.
Height: A nice round six foot
Weight: 95 kilograms.

Personality:Loyalty and duty. The Sheriff is motivated by a strong sense of loyalty and duty to the community that he serves and protects. He would lay down his life for anyone of the citizens and hopes that they would do the same for him.
Liberal. The Sheriff believes that there is good in everyone, even the worst sinner can be redeemed by their own actions and choices. However he also believes that everyone is responsible for their own actions and choices. The Sheriff is likely to consider carefully before he makes a decision. He will give people a chance, but if they screw up and he has to deal with the consequences, he is unlikely to be sympathetic.
Firm. Once he settles on a course of action or makes a decision the Sheriff is unlikely to be easily swayed from it. Getting into his bad books probably means a prolonged period there, unless acts of genuine contrition and redemption are undertaken.
Respect. The Sheriff believes that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, himself included. Under normal circumstances he is polite and courteous, but expects to be treated with the same respect that he gives. He is friendly to those who treat him with respect and formal and distant to those who do not.
Honour. The Sheriff is an honourable man. He keeps his word and does not give it lightly. He expects others to meet the same standard and does not look lightly on people who are dishonest or who break their word.
Discretion. Whilst he may be fully aware that some of the inhabitants of the town are not human, the Sheriff will never reveal that knowledge to anyone else. Whilst he might acknowledge in conversation with an individual that he is aware of their true nature, he will make anyone else aware of that nature. The Sheriff views humans and non humans alike as equals under his protection. Similarly those who have offended previously and attoned for their crimes can expect him to be just as discrete 
Deadly. The Sheriff has killed before and will kill again if he feels he must. He does not do so lightly, but it a last resort that he will take.

Supernatural Abilities or Special Skills:
Strength of Will. The Sheriff possesses the necessary strength of will to resist the effects of glamour and to do things that he knows are hazardous or dangerous, but none the less necessary for the Common Good. All of the Sheriff's other abilities feed of his strength of will and the force of his convictions. Using his abilities is physically tiring for him and he has a strict moral compass that mean he will only use them in line with his responsibilities for upholding the law and protecting the citizens that he serves. He would never use them to inflict unnecessary harm or suffering on anyone.

Discern. The Sheriff sees things as they are, not as he would wish them to be or as others might wish him to see them. He is not easily affected by glamour and is able to identify those citizens whom he serves who are more or less than human.

Vow. The Sheriff can bind a perpetrator with an oath. This oath must be entered into freely by the perpetrator. Breaking the oath results in excruciating pain and quite severe physical trauma for the perpetrator. The vow cannot be used to force the perpetrator to perform an action and would only be used by the Sheriff to actively prohibit an offender from performing an action that he deems to be prohibited. For example forcing a vampire to stay away from a victim that they have been stalking and feeding from repeatedly or prevent a were creature from attacking livestock or howling incessantly in the woods. The Sheriff only ever uses this ability to keep the peace, but he is not above making it an offer that is hard to refuse. "Either you get down in your knees and swear the oath right now, or I'll rearrange you kneecap for you."

Compell.
The Sheriff can use his strength of will to force a  perpetrator to leave an area and not return for several hours. Again this is a power that the Sheriff uses only to keep the peace.

Equipment:
The Sheriff has a range of weapons available to him to help him fulfil his duties and protect himself and the community that he serves. He carries a Colt Python revolver at all times and keeps a Winchester 1912 Army surplus trench gun in his car or office. Locked in his gun cabinet in his office is a large calibre double rifle suitable for hunting big game and a smaller calibre M1 Garand Army surplus rifle fitted with a telescopic sight. He has a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad police car and a pair of dogs who follow him everywhere. They are a black and tan Coonhound named Laurel and a black and tan Rottweiler named Hardy. Laurel is trained to follow a scent and Hardy is trained to intimidate and if necessary attack and immobilize a target on command. Neither dog is kept on a leash and both respond only to their master's commands, although they are amiable and friendly enough when not working.

Oaths: The Sheriff is bound by the oaths of his office and he considers them to be binding. He will not enter voluntarily into an oath which would cause a conflict of duty with the oaths of his office.

Background: The Sheriff is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery. He buys his groceries at the local store, pays his taxes on time, wears a clean shirt every day, washes his police car every Saturday morning without fail and knows everyone in town by name. Beyond that and his name no one knows too much about him. There's a few pictures and a couple of medals hanging up in his office that makes some folks think he was a soldier. Some others say he was a cop or maybe even a spy. In any case he rolled into town a few years back and kept his head down. Then one day there was a bunch of trouble at the bank in town. Some out of towers rolled in a big black car with guns to try to rob the place. He turned up, called them out and shot them all down dead in their boots. He got made Sheriff after that and he's been doing it ever since. 
He's good with people, good with guns and he has some weird ways of his own that seem to help with the special problems that some of the country folks have. Whether they like him or not most folks in town agree he's a mighty fine Sheriff.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

bubby

Putting up a claim for Summer Queen. But I more then likely won't get anything done sheet wise until this weekend.

Heartsink

Face claiming David Belle :-)

My sheet (WIP although sort of done)

Name: Jack O'Hare
Player: Heartsink
Concept: Newly arrived resident; Outsider with blood on his hands
Dirty Secret: He leeched on people in combat zones for years in various countries, traveling and fighting for causes, watching people die everyday. He has killed many himself, and he's tired of it, tired of the blood, the sadness, the abuse, people destroying each other for no good reason. He desires a slow paced life, but can he really live in such an estranged world?

Court: Independent (newly arrived)
Court Rank: None
Sex: Male
On’s: Link. Opinionated, honest, humble women who play music on calm cold nights
Off’s: Link. Obnoxious, loud, wicked, manipulative women.

Appearance:
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 179 cm (5'10½'')
Weight: 84 kg (185 lbs)

Description:
In his human form, Jack is about average height for a man, and is muscular and enduring. His appearance can be described as raw or unrefined; not-from-around-town kind of style. The tank top is his signature clothing, and he usually wears jogging sport pants which make it easier for him to move in. His upper body has several visible tattoos and scars on his back mostly. Keeping his hair relatively short and a light beard. As a shape changer, he can take the appearance of a horse, dog (appears as a German Shepherd) and hare, always keeping black fur, however. He speaks with a distinctive mix of Irish and South Central African English dialects.

In his fae form, Jack looks relatively human, but has a gray-ish skinned forehead and a more 'animal' nose and hare/jackrabbit ears. See picture. He doesn't like his fae form and choses to stay in his human or animal forms even when alone.

Personality:

Vindictive - Wrong him once and he will never forget it and seek revenge on you, even for small unimportant things. This is part of a pooka's personality, whereas it led many to believe they were menacing.

Careless - Jack doesn't care about what others might think. He does what he wants and is truthful to his word. He's often spontaneous and thinks of the consequences as they happen.

Opinionated - He believes in his own justice and morals, and won't bow to anyone unless they prove him wrong about something. He can be quite stubborn in that sense.

Friendly - Jack is very friendly, and values his friendships. He can do various benevolent tasks for friends or innocent people he deemed were wronged.

Confident - He knows what he is capable of and can count on his abilities. It sometimes leads him to be cocky, however.

Changeling Abilities:

Long lived – Outside of Arcadia changelings are mortal though long lived.  Changelings need glamor to live and use their magic.  Glamour is gained from strong emotions or dreams and can be gathered in one of three ways.  Items from the outskirts of Arcadia such as goblin fruit contain glamour, but more commonly Changelings feed on the emotions of humans.  This can be done by leeching already present emotions from humans, stepping into a mortals dreams and stealing a little bit of their dream for yourself or reaping which is inciting quick burst of emotions.  Reaping is not as nourishing as leeching and can cause severe emotional trauma if done repeatedly.

Contracts:

Contract of Tooth and Claw - Shape changing into animals

• Enhanced Physical Abilities: Not as much as werecreatures, but speed and jumping power significantly increased, as well as five senses and reflexes.
  • Shape Changing: He can change into a horse, dog and hare.
  • Edge of Force: Becomes more susceptible and aggressive in animal form.
  • Animal Communication: He can communicate with other animals.
Contract of Stone - Gain the endurance and might of Stone

• Endurance: Extreme endurance, can stay awake for weeks, doesn't need to eat as much.
  • Resistance: Can resist blows and physical attacks easily, almost unaffected by them; Can fight for long periods of time.
  • Stoning: He can throw rocks with perfect accuracy.
  • Strength: Enhanced strength.
Oaths: None

Background: Born on the first day of November in Ireland from a pooka mother who fled Arcadia a long time ago and a human father, Jack grew up witnessing many things, many changes in the country, from the war of independence to the Troubles. Raised by his mother, he learned very early about mythical knowledge and formed his contracts despite a wish to live among humans like them. He knew it was an impossible situation, but decided to try to live as such nevertheless. Fed up with the situation his country had become, stuck in the beginning of a civil war in the North, he decided to leave it all behind to never come back. The world is large, and there was a lot to see and more to experience.

Ending up in Africa in the 70s, exploring the continent and its newly established countries after the decolonization. Of course, several countries still had to declare theirs, and Jack couldn't help but fight with some of them during the wars in Mozambique, Angola, Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) and Namibia. His views of humanity was radicalized by the poverty, hunger, and violence he witnessed. He stayed in Africa for 20 years before moving to South America, where he learned Spanish and witnessed various changes especially the abuse government in Peru of Alberto Fujimori. By the end of the 90s, he went back to Africa, in Angola especially, joining the MPLA. He fought with them until 4 April 2002, when they came victorious in the Civil War. He fought mostly alongside the Cuban forces, although he did meet dos Santos.

After 2002, he relocated to Central Asia, helping out refugees in Afghanistan and by 2005, he was in Tajikistan living a solitary life in a village in Badakhshan. In 2008, he pretended to be a US soldier, and successfully stopped some abuses made by US soldiers against Afghan locals. Witnessing first hand the Narang night raid, he traveled southwest to the Helmand province and sabotaged opium fields and some military installations, stealing military food for the local population. His actions since then up to 2014 have been mainly against the Afghan National Police, stopping or killing corrupt policemen who abuses children mainly.

Tired of it all by early 2015, he managed to get off the country, pretending again to be a US soldier, returning to the US. Wandering across the country aimlessly, he heard rumors about a certain region in New England with strange occurrences. Deciding to put his militant dangerous past behind him for good, he moved with the little belongings he has to this Candlewick Vale, discovering that it was populated by several faes and other mythical beings like him. Devoted to start a new life in this place, he seeks calm and peaceful routine, but his past is closer than it seems right behind him.

bubby

Crash

Quote from: bubby on June 10, 2015, 02:23:37 PM
Putting up a claim for Summer Queen. But I more then likely won't get anything done sheet wise until this weekend.

No worries.  I have a really busy weekend so there is plenty of time.  I will put you down for the Summer Queen.

Niferbelle

Face claiming Soo Joo Park and Mathias Laurent. Will have more questions in a bit and hope to get started on my winter knight (dame) character sheet today. I think I'm definitely going with that.

Crash

Quote from: Niferbelle on June 10, 2015, 02:49:12 PM
Face claiming Soo Joo Park and Mathias Laurent. Will have more questions in a bit and hope to get started on my winter knight (dame) character sheet today. I think I'm definitely going with that.

Will note faceclaims.

Niferbelle

Thank you :)

I was thinking about my knight/dame taking a mortal job and working for the human police department. It would be an excellent way to keep an eye on mortal affairs, including and any other supernatural activity among them, etc. I didn't want her to be sheriff though. With a player sheriff I thought it might be cool if she were a deputy, could be good chance for RP. I wanted to run that past you, Crash, and Skyre.

Crash

Niferbelle - I am fine with that.  If Skyre is too we can talk about his character's abilities a bit because by themselves they are a bit much but with a Fae's help they could be possible.  You may want to talk to Res Tempest as she would be your Queen if you are a Winter Knight.

Crash

Note: I am allowing non-European mythical creatures to fall under the envelope of Fae too.  A court king or Queen does not have to run their court like a European court and creatures like Djinn and Oni and many Native American spirit are perfectly viable options here too.  Arcadia is a chaotic realm where dream and reality mix and no culture is truly prominent there are we humans know it.

bubby

Crash