Started by Inkidu, November 12, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

Kakihara

Inside Out.  Interesting so far.

Assassini

Quote from: kakihara on March 06, 2016, 01:07:30 PM
Inside Out.  Interesting so far.

It's fucking excellent innit? (Implying Pixar is ever NOT top class)

OT: Just finished House of Cards Season 4 at 3:30 am after binging about 8 episodes today...

FUCKING HELL. It was outstanding. Like so, SO much better than Season 3.

Frankly (pun intended) Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 was good, but Season 3 was trash (at least by comparison) and I was really worried that Season 4 would just compound that.

No sir, they absolutely blew me away. Frank and Claire Underwood legit become badasses again. There were several (SEVERAL, count em') moments during that season where I absolutely got chills from just how hardcore they were. And the ending of the Season totally nailed it too. Spec-fucking-tacular!

SapphireStar

Dark Werewolf Demon

I am currently watching Marvel's Jessica Jones on Netflix, currently on episode 3 and so far not bad. I can't wait for daredevil season 2 to start.

abandoneddolly

Im trying t watch Jessica Jones I got to episode 3 as well, but right now I'm taking a break from that and watching Damion

AmberStarfire

I watched an episode of Millennium season 3 with Wyld.

Ignavus

I am currently watching Upstairs Downstairs

shasha

Well I am not sure if this counts but at this very second I am watching me type...or and SB
not sure what to put here, at the moment.

SmokingCamels

I am up to episode 7 of season 4 of House of Cards!

AmberStarfire

SmokingCamels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZquWf_ydIY

I'm not watching it so to speak, because it's a podcast, but it's a youtube thing, so I guess it counts?

WyldRanger

Star Trek (original series)

It's good to be reminded just how sexy Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) was :D

MajorArcana

The First 48!! It's good background noise for whatever else I'm doing

The Lioness

New Girl. God I love this show...
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

Ignavus

Card Captor Sakura: The Movie, not really so much as watching it as listening to it in the background while my fiancé watches it.

SapphireStar

Kakihara

The Last Unicorn.  because someone put it in my head.

ErisXfrost

Assassini

Around episode 9 on the second season of Daredevil, and episode 10 of season 2 of Gotham.

I have to say, once again, both of them have really impressed me. Given the standard one comes to expect of super hero shows (things like Arrow looked absolutely dreadful, and I kinda felt that Smallville just looked so damned cheesy), I continue to be pleasantly surprised by what they are doing. The first season of Gotham was actually one of the stand out shows from last year in my mind, and I say this about a year that had several other pretty good shows on. The downside however is that neither season feels quiiiite as strong as the first.

Admittedly I think I wouldn't have rated Daredevil's first season higher than a 8/10. So, good, maybe even great, but not really incredible. It had some awesome fight scenes and super-cool choreography, but I felt a little underwhelmed with some aspects of the story. Plus, I have to say, I wasn't so sure how I felt about Stick. The blind mentor ninja. It kind of felt a lot like they were trying to set up Daredevil as a poor-man's Batman, which is a little disappointing. Kinda hard to critique beyond that because it wasn't exactly like it did anything particularly offensive, it just didn't completely leap out at me. The first few episodes of season 2 were actually waaaay better. I really liked the offset between the Punisher's morality (and his reveal was fucking awesome) and Daredevil's, they felt like a pretty good combo for the show. On the other hand the later reintroduction of Fisk I'm less certain of. Elektra has also been a bit... Edgy and grimdark for my liking ("oh, I kill people, that's who I am" shut the fuck up...). The worst part though is the whole "Hand versus the Chaste" thing. I mean, a secret society that seems hellbent on world destruction/domination or something. I mean, not only does that feel (again) like a straight up clone of Batman's League of Shadows, but it also feels so fucking cliche. Personally I feel that it would have been better to focus more on more "localised" threats to New York and so on. Incidentally, the amount of times someone says "this city is at war" or "[something] will destroy this city" is also absolutely fucking unacceptable... Frankly, as far as most of them are concerned, New York really shouldn't be that bad... (Worth noting by the way, this all comes from someone with no knowledge of Daredevil in the comics).

Gotham's first season was really fucking awesome, but it's second season also has similar problems to Daredevil's. First off, the introduction of the Order of St. Dumas (which I am aware is actually a thing in the canon, thanks to Arkham Knight), feels a little bit like a "end of the world conspiracy", "League of Shadows" type of thing. The continuous insistence that Jim Gordon has this "dark side" (when he really ought to be one of the cops who is very definitely on the straight and narrow) feels a bit forced. I also have to admit I really do not understand how they can possibly reconcile Barbara and Jim Gordon without somehow wiping everyone's memories (unless they introduce ANOTHER Barbara who will actually become his wife). The show's biggest problem is that there is no actual feasible "end-point". Any other show might end when Jim Gordon had made headway with clearing up Gotham, but because of the canon of Batman, we know Gotham stays fucked until Batman actually appears. And seeing as how that is some 10-15 years in the future at this stage, it just kind of makes some of the "clearing up Gotham" arcs feel a bit superfluous.

They're both still really good though. Gotham is about an 8/10 and Daredevil has dropped to a 7.5/10.

Ignavus

I have been binge watching adventure time on hulu lol

Stella

Ooh, coffee!

I'm watching Ben-Hur, which means I will be here for the term of my natural life.

Beguile's Mistress

An episode of "The First 48" that I recorded earlier.