A deeper red for mentors?

Started by Nachtmahr, November 06, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

Hi!

I've been fortunate enough to make friends with a few different mentors. Thus they're on my buddy-list.

Problem is, when I scroll down to the bottom of the page to see which of my friends are online, it's actually extremely difficult to tell which of my mentor buddies are there! Even when bold, the color just doesn't really come through.

My suggestion is basically to give mentors a color that stands out a bit more. :)
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

midnightblack

You can just go to Profile -> Buddies/Ignore List and see who's online based on whether or not a big square is white or green.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Amazonia Mythos (world-building details for some of my recurring themes and characters; can always serve as a starting point for discussions of collaborative writing)
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Nachtmahr

That is absolutely a fair point, I just don't do that. x)

No particular reason. I'm just used to knowing immediately when I scroll down. :P

Not that this is really a big problem, it was more meant as a throwaway suggestion.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Blythe

Just a bit curious, what shade/tint do you think would be most visible and easy on the eyes for this sort of thing? On dark site themes, the Mentor names show up very clearly in the Who's Online area, though it does occur to me if you are using one of the lighter themes, they might not very well, since pink is one of those tricky shades on the lighter forum themes.

We are trying to lean a bit away from an outright bright red, as red names were used in the past for admins, and red read as 'intimidating' to quite a few people.

Vekseid

I have 20/10 reading vision (or better) so I am not a good judge of what to pick <_<

Lexandria

making almost any color more of an earth tone and a bit darker usually works for readability. If we know the hex code for the current color, I can offer up a few alternatives so we can see what color would work for the most number of people.