A different color for buddies?

Started by Cycle, April 24, 2018, 01:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cycle

At the bottom of the homepage there is an area that shows who is online.  It uses different colors for different categories of members:  e.g., admin are purple and ladies are blue. 

Any chance of assigning a special color to buddies? 

I know they appear in bold, for my tired exhausted well-used eyes, that's still kind of hard to see.  I can see the number of buddies online, but trying to figure out who it is can sometimes feel like a game of Waldo.  (In case anyone is curious why I care, it's because I sometimes scan for active buddies to work on their replies first.)

Thanks for considering this.

Avis habilis

I can see that being a handy feature. You might want to bring it up in the request thread.

Amaris

ALSo if you go to your profile and look at your friend/buddy list and it will show your their online status :)

Cycle

This I did not know...  very handy is your suggestion...  /yodavoiceoff

Thank you, Amaris!

Vekseid

Making them a different color directly isn't an option, but there are any number of other effects that could be applied.

Amaris

Quote from: Cycle on April 24, 2018, 04:06:59 PM
This I did not know...  very handy is your suggestion...  /yodavoiceoff

Thank you, Amaris!

You're quite welcome! I've used it a few times :)

Cycle

Quote from: Vekseid on April 24, 2018, 05:02:49 PM
Making them a different color directly isn't an option, but there are any number of other effects that could be applied.

Underlining would certainly make them stand out.  Or there's that drop menu on the right in the Who's Online page, the one that gives you options for Everyone, Members, Spiders.  Could Buddies be added as one of those options?