1on1 RP, Open to Anything/Anyone

Started by fleacollar999, June 11, 2013, 10:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleacollar999

I'm bored and I want to roleplay. I'm open to relationships of any gender combination, romantic or platonic.

Here are some kinds of roleplays I like:

• historical/period rp
  • age differences (max 10 years) rp
  • Tolkien/DnD/high fantasy rp
  • urban fantasy rp
  • realistic modern rp
  • slow build rp
  • original sci-fi rp
  • any number of fandoms rp (ask if your fandom is included)

That being said, I'm game for almost anything. I'll let you know if I'm uncomfortable with your idea.

Thanks!
Flea

sparkles

If you're still bored, I might be up.  I feel in the mood for sci-fi lately, and I have a number of sci-fi setting characters I could bring out for this.

An arrogant starship who interacts with humans through a drone/android that looks like (but is not) a human male.
A pair of twin girls, currently in their late teens, who were genetically engineered to be telepathic, and are out exploring the galaxy.
A female from an alien race of cat-like quadrupeds with the ability to shape-shift into different forms.
A third-gender, six-limbed feline alien orphaned and stranded among humans who is learning about the human race.

fleacollar999

Hello! Yes, I am still bored ;) I like the twin telepaths idea (probably because I am a twin in real life!). Are there any more details to that idea? Like have you already made up the twin characters?

sparkles

Yep, these are all established characters I've written about before (well, except for the ship, but he's a fandom character, so he's established too.)

Their backstory is that they were part of a secret genetic experiment to combine human and alien DNA to give humans telepathy.  This was illegal, so it was done mostly by one mad scientist working alone, though he was paid and supported by others.  Then the government found out what was going on and raided the lab, but in the chaos the girls got away from it, and decided they didn't want to go back.  They managed to stow away aboard a ship to a station some distance away, and from there they've gone on to begin exploring and learning about the galaxy. 

fleacollar999

Yup, that sounds pretty awesome! Would you be one twin and I the other?

sparkles

Oh, I wasn't thinking of it like that, I was thinking of playing both of them and you could introduce a character of your own.  I'm not sure how I'd play mind-reading, know-everything-about-each-other characters with another player I don't know at all. 

fleacollar999

You make a valid point! Maybe I could be the captain of the ship they stowed away on? I dunno, that was just my first thought.

sparkles

That sounds like it could be interesting. 

fleacollar999

Okay! How old are the twins? I don't want to make the captain too much older than them, I want them to be able to relate on some level. Also, if you want to go ahead and start an actual rp thread, that's cool. I'd rather you start because you know more about the universe.

sparkles

They're 17.  As far as the setting goes it's pretty generic far future sci-fi, I've thought some about the details, but there's nothing that's really set in stone.  I'd be happy to start the post.  I have no idea what conventions you're used to, I'm used to a pretty free-form sort of thing.  Is there any info in particular you think I should include in the post?  Anything you'd like to know before starting, etc?

fleacollar999

I write my RPs like I write a story. Fully written out, lots of "he said"s and stuff like that.

Is this universe like a future earth, or some random galaxy in the middle of space?

sparkles

It's a future our galaxy, but the action doesn't happen around Earth, it's out on some other random planet.

fleacollar999

Sounds good! I believe I'm ready whenever you are!

sparkles

Okay.  I'll write up a starting post and get the thread going.  It make take a bit to put it together.  I'm not *super* slow, but I'm not super fast either.  (And I'm pretty busy, just to warn you.  I'll post as often as I can, at least a couple of times a day, but I can't guarantee anything more than that.)

fleacollar999

That's fine! I'll probably post only a couple times a day as well. You can send me a link to the thread via PM if you'd rather not post it here!

sparkles

Well, that didn't take as long as I thought it might.  Thread is up.   :-)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177151.0 

fleacollar999

I posted! I feel like my response was crappy, though. :/

sparkles

It looks fine to me!  It leads off of what I wrote, and it gives me something to work with in replying. I get a feeling of urgency, taking no nonsense, and currently being unhappy with what he's found from your captain, which is something I can respond to.  I'm pondering how my characters would respond now, I'll probably have a shortish answer shortly. :-)  Though after that I think I'll be off to bed.

sparkles

So now that my pair are going to be locked away, where do you see the story going next?  Do you have any particular ideas for this?  Because having them in the brig doesn't give me any ideas except I suppose an escape attempt of some kind.  If they don't escape, the next interaction would be handing them over to the port authorities, I'd think, which would take your character out of the story.

If you don't have any ideas and would rather drop this now, that's fine, btw.  I notice you just got approved, so I'm sure browsing through the rest of the forum is keeping you from being bored.  ;D

fleacollar999

Oh no, I am in it to win it with this rp! I was actually thinking that the girls would somehow convince Altair to be their personal chauffeur or something. Or they get attacked by space pirates and everyone has to band together against them. Do you have any ideas? I'm going to hold off on posting again until we have a more solid idea of where the rp is going.

sparkles

I don't think that they're up for just convincing him.  They're relatively naive and not really skilled at manipulation.  But pirates could be fun!  They do have combat skills, Laren in particular is very good with her little pistol, and knows some martials arts.  (Saren is more the nerd/computer expert, and can sometimes talk AIs into things.)   Of course your Captain wouldn't necessarily know that.  Is there a way he can find out, so that he knows they'd be useful during a pirate attack? 

fleacollar999

Maybe Saren could hack the temperature and light control panel in the cell? And then Altair's like "do you have any secret talents I should know about, Laren?"

sparkles

I think that works pretty well.  So just to lay out my understanding of what we have here, the plot goes: They get locked up.  They immediately set about exploring cell, Saren messes with the air conditioning, the captain decides he'd better sit down and actually talk to them, finds out a little of their skills and story, (that's a good chance to build a little sympathy too, so that he'd be inclined to trust them more!) and then suddenly pirates! 

fleacollar999

Good, I'm glad you took control if the crewmen. I meant to tell you it wouldn't bother me!

sparkles

I figured that they were basically NPCs, and it seemed like the best way to get your captain's attention again.   ;D  I imagine he may be peeved all over again, he told them to not get into trouble, and they didn't even wait before diving straight into some.