Pathfinder: Adventurers Welcome (Recruiting)

Started by kckolbe, September 30, 2013, 10:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Can't believe I missed this...this what I get for stepping away for a bit. ~pouts~

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, you can still step in CurvyKitten :). More so there is plenty room to become Staff member.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is my apply for my char

Landrik Goldsong
Landrik Goldsong was born to elven village in Duskwood, village was called Green Haven. His mother is called Nightingale and she had a prolific career as a arcane trickster before she retired down with Landrik's father, who is called Vaelan and he is one prime protectors of the village (a arcane archer). Vaelan and Nightingale met outside Duskwood through adventuring party and they went several adventures together, the teams changed but eventually after one dragon wiped out the group expect those two, they decided they had seen 'enough' of the world for now and settle to live more quieter life before adventures lead them to doom.

So they settled to Green Haven which Vaelan hailed from (Nightingale herself was from city and street urchin, learned magic through sexual abusive mentor as she whored herself learn the basics). They were happy and then Nightingale became pregnant and there was worries will the child be elf or half-elf but then they both decided love the child despite which racial parentage he or she adopts. When Landrik was born, it was during a sunny morning after a rainy night and whole forest bathed in radiant rainbow hues and bird singed almost in...perfect chorus? But when he was born his celestial heritage was not obvious first as he had quite elven/fey alike features, but when he grew older it started show in his skin taking metallic bronze tone (which neither parent had) nor silveric white hair and his eyes were radiant gold thorough his puberty. He grew in same space as elves did but his body was far more robust and more human alike.

In that point village priest communed with their god and found answer; Landrik beared a distant celestial ancestor to Lillend...in Nightingale's ancestry (as Vaelan's family had no records of celestial pairing and Nightingale had no records of her biological parents so celestial blood came from her side). Despite the discovery that child has no elven blood at all but Landrik was accepted none the less by his parents and then by his community. He learned later what made him different from other children and he accepted it and thanked community loving and accepting him.

He studied years under village's elders, practicing various arts and dabbling, but eventually he settled to his deepest passions; string instrument playing and books. He read very a lot as a child and he was less outdoors man than his father, but his mother and father both taught basics of magic and soon Landrik self-taught himself to become a bard. His thirst for adventure came from both of his parents and their tales and he wanted see the wider world and learn more from it. So with farewells and gifts given to him (getting enchanted mithril chain shirt as heirloom token from mother and freshly made darkwood bow from father) he then set on the road and started travel.

While in city he came across Varisian Colonist's Guild add and he answered it. He was among first to answer the add and he then adventured several missions with the guildmaster and guildmistress, proving his scholarly mettle in missions even if he is not strongest combatant by far (his common escape tactic was turn invisible and run). However his scholarly knowledge, magical lore, charm and his wit proved more than useful in many missions. So after handful grand missions he was then granted full membership status and he was then assigned as instructor for new adventurers and work also as registry clerk, archivist and also face diplomat of the Guild when they need someone send out and talk for the Guild. Also he can work on minor magical item crafting whenever he has extensive downtime or when there is need for such trinkets.

OOC Note: Planning to over time qualify for Arcane Savant. Miss skill ranks for UMD, Spellcraft and K:Arcana but in next 2-3 levels plan fill the preqs (and also take magical aptitude). So with craft wondrous Landrik can craft any wondrous device which he meets prerequisite and via UMD he can use scrolls during crafting to complete the item. At least this is long term goal. Also with ST's permission I take Versatile Performer feat, so Landrik is skilled string instrument user, orator, singer and dancer all at once.

Also it was mentioned 'common' does not exist in the setting, so Landrik knows 2 languages which need defined later.

atenai

And it took till page four for bathroom humor to arise... I am impressed. Normally lasting through page one is a trial. :D
~Atenai

IRL Status: Offline. On hiatus.

Atenai's Addictions (O/Os & Ideas), Requests, and Apologies [NEW! 17 Jun '23]
Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

Anon315

Rikkan
Ratkin Witch (Hedge Witch)
Basic Information: Rikkan is a healer, formerly of a tribe of ratfolk in the wilds, who sought a life with more stability. Now in a workshop beneath an apothecary, he lives and works when not tending to the wounded and the needs of the guild. Skittish and nervous, he doesn't do well around large groups and so he avoids full meetings of the guild proper, preferring to work through fellow members and go on trips when there was a potential need of his lifesaving skills. He prepares tinctures and salves, aids for the diseased and distressed. He seeks to overcome the stereotype of his people as a bunch of disease-ridden pests by healing the sick and injured, doing all that is possible to maintain the lives of his allies and in truth any whose path he crosses.

Young, though with the wisdom of a hard life overcoming sicknesses which were not even his own, he understands pain and has an aversion to inflicting it. He can hurt no one any more than he could harm himself, which has never meant he couldn't fight. There are ways to stop someone without pain, without death. There are poisons which will put someone under and allow their safe apprehension. There are means to perform almost any task without violence if you have enough forethought and planning. There will always be those who harm, however, and even in the guild he recognizes a need for such actions. His wish is that at some point problems could be resolved peaceably.

kckolbe

About time you found us, Curvy!

Zaer, all I would change is the hiring on as an instructor.  The guild is fairly new, but he could have been one of the first adventurers they hired, and actually been on a mission with Larsen (and amol's character).  Basically, all members of staff have been on at least one mission and earned the right to stay back at the guild.

Anon, I'm not comfortable with the race.  Sorry.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Anon315

All right, well how about a sylph then? Marginally different attitude, but same overall role.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: kckolbe on October 03, 2013, 03:45:54 PM
Zaer, all I would change is the hiring on as an instructor.  The guild is fairly new, but he could have been one of the first adventurers they hired, and actually been on a mission with Larsen (and amol's character).  Basically, all members of staff have been on at least one mission and earned the right to stay back at the guild.

Aha, edited my post. He was placed as instructor after he was given (earned well) full membership in Guild itself after several missions and he was placed tutor new adventurers (among several other duties in Guild itself).

Florence

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 03, 2013, 11:43:45 AM
It's "taking refuge", since as it is... it could be interpreted to mean having an excrement in a temple :P

I meant mistakes on the character sheet, but thank you for pointing that out xD;

Those are the worst typos, the ones that spell completely different words so it doesn't show up on spell check when you're tired xD;
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Idej

Zaer Darkwail

There are openings so far as I know. There is lot more fresh adventurers than staff members. My char is archivist/knowledge teacher and works also as well rounded diplomat.

Blinkin

That would depend on your sexual orientation and willingness to get your hands dirty.

We have several positions with a number of openings  that can get those creative juices flowing and the heart racing. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Idej

I can do what is needed or wanted.  And I can my hands dirty too. :P

Phaia

okay sorry haven't said anything on a couple of days but here she issss!
*******************************************************************************************

Arainna Storm Daughter

Personality: Ari tends to be quiet and observant yet she is not shy nor introverted. She has been taught to observe and study everything and does so before she comments [high perception]. She likes people in general but understands that good and evil need to be kept in balance. She will often smile as she spots something most others do not which at times can make people think she might be smiling at them. Ari is pretty but her quiet demeanor and soft voice tends to underplay her natural good looks. She is curious and wants to learn about most anything and does not consider sex a bad thing to explore since one has to master their body to include pain and pleasure.

Background: Arainna grew up in a small hamlet [less then 100] of all half-elves, family groups that had settled around a small order of monks. Her father was a ranger and her mother a sorcerer both of whom had been injured in one of the many small wars in the region. Ari took to the structure and order of the monks and learned to be one as they pushed her to excel [trait; elven reflexes]. At home her older brothers became rangers and even one sorcerer and when they were adults went off to make a name for themselves.
Ari spent a great deal of time with her mother and was exposed to magic from a baby as her mother crafted various potions for the hamlet [possible 2nd trait; magic talent?]. [also 2nd favored class-sorcerer]
She waited till she had passed and learned all the monks would teach her then she bid her parents hood by and left. Partly to see the world but also to discover what had happened to her brothers whom no one had heard anything from for almost a decade. [gm hook if disered]

'The Guild'
Arainna found the guild in a very unusual way. She had been washing dishes at an inn in the town and during a mid day lunch break she over heard a couple of men chatting about the first mentioned "I swear I think the one boy does not know which end of a sword is the handle and he claimed to be trained fighter. We were never this bad." "Well," the second responded, "we have several well paying jobs lined up so the Guild needs bodies. you just have to handle it as best you can"

As the two men left Ari took her plates to the back grabbed a couple of the better apples and told the inn keeper she was leaving. As he huffed and bellowed she followed the two men out and down the street as they entered a side door of a building she stepped quickly up and followed them in. As they turned hands dropping to a weapon she bowed, her right fist covered by her left hand. Her voice was soft but clear, "I understand you have need of people to fill jobs...I have need to coin and gear. Since your need fills my need I am here to join"

Phaia

kckolbe

Things are starting to get interesting.  Zaer, looks better.  Anon, sylphs are fine.  Idej, staff positions are far more likely to get accepted right now.  Phaia, interesting character.  I don't think I've ever seen a monk/sorcerer before.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Phaia

Quote from: kckolbe on October 03, 2013, 09:35:42 PM
Phaia, interesting character.  I don't think I've ever seen a monk/sorcerer before.

I built her based on her background. Considered ranger or druid but seemed a bit clich to go with another wis base class. I do plan on many levels of sorcerer, after with a 12 cha she is limited to 2nd level spells max. though even one level can add some nifty aspects...mage armor...magic weapon which states can enchant a monks unarmed attack.
Have to also admit I was fishing for a second trait.
I also offered you a hook with her brothers that no one has heard anything from for years.

Phaia

kckolbe

I am intrigued by the idea (any idea on bloodline?).  I'll tell ya what.  If you take a level in sorcerer I'll give ya a bonus.  And remember, if you multiclass between the two, you could raise her charisma enough to keep up with her max spell levels.  Additionally, you could go bard, another arcane class that progresses more slowly.

Intro Thread

Faolchu

*looks at the PC list on the front page*

Good think I'm taking Extra Channel, since I'm the only dedicated healer :)
Sir, remember your course correction?
No.
We'll it's proving somewhat more suicidal than we initially hoped for.

Phaia

Problem with raising her cha high enough is not enough attribute advances... best could do might be  14 OR 15 since i plan on increasing dex to 18 with first not only for the extra ac but she has weapon finesse which can be applied to unarmed combat

as for bloodline..probally stormborn...i forgot to note she was born at the height of a powerful storm and stormborns adds shock to a weapon adding more into her monk damage

i did also consider a monk/witch combo...  weird yes but had an idea for one
oh was the intor on how she found the guild okay...i had considred having her wander the building a bit looking around she does have a 12 perception so she is very good at spotting things

Yea Faolchu a healer...**makes note to self Protect the healer**

Phaia

kckolbe

Actually, I recommend playing with the race builder.  I bet you could start with cha 2 higher and still be at or under 10 points.

Intro Thread

Phaia

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Phaia

I was really really consdiering a teifling *hugs her tail* Monk but you had conserns about ashimer which are as powerful race point wise

I will check it out!!

Phaia

kckolbe

Multiple people are playing aasimar, just modified down to 10 points.  You can do the same with your concept as well.

Intro Thread

Anon315

Quote from: Faolchu on October 03, 2013, 10:16:45 PM
*looks at the PC list on the front page*

Good think I'm taking Extra Channel, since I'm the only dedicated healer :)

I'm a Hedge Witch. I am the most dedicated healer there is. (Currently being reworked into "not a ratfolk")

Would this work for a race?
Underhuman
Humanoid (0 RP)
Medium, Normal Speed, Standard Linguist, Race Language: Undercommon (0 RP)
Flexible Stats (+2 Dex, +2 Int) (2 RP)
Lucky, Lesser (+1 Saving Throws) (2 RP)
Poison Use (1 RP)
Stalker (Perception + Stealth - Always Class Skills) (1 RP)
Flexible Bonus Feat (4 RP)

An intertwining of the human and dark folk races led to this blend of their two bloods which closely resemble humans of pale complexion. They are quick-witted and nimble, and have a penchant for the use of poisons. Their continued survival relies upon a mixture of an inborn luck, and a knowledge of how to stay hidden and spot danger.