A Game of Superheroes (Two Heroes needed, villains and others welcome)

Started by Primarch, October 02, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I'll start with Tyler Townsend. I'm not sure what you have in mind with this character, is he one of the eight? A potential villain? One thing I'll point out is that his powers aren't powers. Money could be considered "special equipment" only in the way that I'm assuming he has access to large amounts of it. If you want to contact me via PM and let me know what you have in mind, or just shuffle things around and make his role in the game more clear that would be great.

Red Fury is fine. Julius Heizenberg....when I was setting up this game I had a very specific few things in mind concerning the world it would be set in and parallel worlds was not a part of it. But this is the kind of character that I can tell could be the teams "zainy" one, and he's just zainy enough that I'm going to allow it. Suppose I can change around a few plans, open up some other ones. Once you have Foxy Oni's approval for the link, but otherwise he's good to go.

Quote from: NileGoddess on October 04, 2011, 09:48:25 AM
Hm, tempting, but I'm not sure if I should participate. If you have need for a villainess, let me know, but it sounds like you've got the evil side covered. I have some pictures and an idea for an ebony martial arts master, with a touch of teleportation.

You would be 100% welcome to create a villainess, the more people who sign on as villains means the less time I need to dedicate to such a task and makes joining the game myself more viable.

DomShark

Yes, I imagined him as one of the eight, but rife with internal struggles as an unseen evil pulls the strings. Internal conflict and deception, eventually leading him to be a traitor to the heroes and a villain with intimate knowledge about the inner workings of the heroes.

Yes I know that "Money, Power and Respect" aren't super-human "Powers" but I didn't envision Truth having any "Super" powers to speak of. Imagine a skinny Kingpin with some Punisher thrown in, cast in the mold of Mike Vick. Also, I imagined his identity would not be secret given his role in the public eye, only his private scandals kept secret.

If this doesn't mesh with the concept, I'll withdraw.
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

NileGoddess

Let me know if this character works. I kept her small time, more of a notorious cat burglar than anything else. This can change though, as maybe she starts small time, but gets motivation to move on to something bigger.

The Person

Name: Jazmine Jolene
Nationality: African American
Day job: Exotic Dancer
Personality: Materialistic, cynical, and conceited.
Backstory: Jazmine was your typical working black girl in a big city: she worked long nights, usually bare chested while whistling men stuffed wads of cash down her underwear. It might not have been glamorous, but it paid well, and she actually found the dancing enjoyable and challenging. She enjoyed working out staying in shape, and above all, had a love for martial arts since she was little. Somehow, the top-heavy and wide-bottom beauty could move quite fast and hit pretty hard, but there was something about the darkness that made her that much more fluid. She was startled to discover her ability at a younger age, and first tried to keep it buried away. Then she realized what a luxury it was, and the freedoms it could grant. Soon after, after a few nights with some lower tips, she dug up an old black costume from the strip club locker room and went out for a little fun, realizing that with the shadows, there was nothing preventing her from slipping into a bank and getting enough cash to buy that dress she always wanted...she would later don her weapons, and go out on late night rampages after she clocked out, to avoid putting up with thugs, and the occasional cop who stumbled across the scantily clad black woman with an armful of diamonds.
Appearance:

The Villainess

Codename: Darkstryke
Powers: Darkstryke’s truth lethality stems from her short range teleportation. Utilizing shadows, she can disappear and reappear anywhere within the distance of about dozen meters; provided that it is dark enough. She prefers to operate at night, where she can travel from shadow to shadow and strike from nearly any angle with deadly spikes or blades.
Weakness: Darkstryke’s powers need darkness and shadows to be fully effective. Dim shadows cast in daylight or in a lit room are sufficient, but extremely taxing, limit her range, and require stronger focus, and she needs to be touching a shadow in order to initiate a teleportation. She also cannot teleport using her own shadow. The only way to prevent her from teleporting her completely is to keep her in bright light that doesn’t cast any shadows.
Skills: A high skill in various martial arts, with a focus geared towards weapons, though she is still deadly with her bare hands. As a dancer, she can move and bend in many ways, which compliments her fighting, and she is very athletic. She is also known to use her sexuality as a tool against her opponents as well.
Special Equipment: Her trademark weapons are sais, which she uses effectively to stab and bludgeon her opponents. She is also known to use a variety of blades, daggers, and thrown weapons, but most of her equipment is small, rarely consisting of anything larger than a short sword.
Costume: Darkstryke’s costume is skimpy, utilizing her voluptuous sex appeal as a hidden weapon. It is black, with a dull sheen if light falls on it, form-fitting, and composed of a very fine bullet resistant weave (the original outfit she wore was little more than simple latex). Though there’s not enough of it to actually stop a bullet, it is resistant against cutting, burning and most forms of abuse, and allows her to move gracefully as if wearing nothing at all.

Latooni Subota

Hmm. On second thought, even though I absolutely hate the lack of support for my preferred art (for exactly the opposite reason that you'd think), I do think I'd like to join in. Less as a hero, and more as a minor villain, maybe backing up the other villain NPCs and PCs from time to time? If NileGoddess remembers Ms. Hyde, she knows the one I'm talking about. She's basically a pint-sized juggernaut. High levels of invulnerability and a little enhanced strength via tactile telekinesis, but not much else. Not a high level threat, but she has potential.

Thoughts?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Primarch

Quote from: DomShark on October 04, 2011, 03:58:07 PM
Yes I know that "Money, Power and Respect" aren't super-human "Powers" but I didn't envision Truth having any "Super" powers to speak of. Imagine a skinny Kingpin with some Punisher thrown in, cast in the mold of Mike Vick. Also, I imagined his identity would not be secret given his role in the public eye, only his private scandals kept secret.
As the character is I don't see what he brings to the team, nor why he'd be on it. He's like a famous thug, if not famous for being a thug. If you want to give him some other trait or an ability that would make him somewhat heroic for now (and a touch super perhaps?) but otherwise I just don't see what makes him significant to the team.

QuoteLet me know if this character works. I kept her small time, more of a notorious cat burglar than anything else. This can change though, as maybe she starts small time, but gets motivation to move on to something bigger.
Darkstryke is fine. When I put up the character thread and you're posting if you could move the non-superhuman elements from powers to skills or it would be ideal. Just to keep power & talent separate. Considering her small time but notorious nature would you be interested in her being the opening foe?

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 04, 2011, 04:24:21 PM
Hmm. On second thought, even though I absolutely hate the lack of support for my preferred art (for exactly the opposite reason that you'd think), I do think I'd like to join in. Less as a hero, and more as a minor villain, maybe backing up the other villain NPCs and PCs from time to time? If NileGoddess remembers Ms. Hyde, she knows the one I'm talking about. She's basically a pint-sized juggernaut. High levels of invulnerability and a little enhanced strength via tactile telekinesis, but not much else. Not a high level threat, but she has potential.
You certainly could, since there's such interest I've set up a character roster in the opening post, including a section for a few villains.

NileGoddess

Edited them here as well to streamline it.

I'm not sure how I feel about her being the opening foe. I understand the motivation for the game to start slowly, though. If you're looking for Darkstryke to become a more credible threat, she would need motivation. Otherwise, I was thinking she'd be more the type of person to be content with burglary. She's not really into taking over the world, unless maybe she's there as a hired hand.

Latooni Subota

Assuming you like my lower-tier villain, and she fits, I wouldn't mind if you want her to be the opening villain.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Primarch

Quote from: NileGoddess on October 04, 2011, 04:37:31 PM
Edited them here as well to streamline it.

I'm not sure how I feel about her being the opening foe. I understand the motivation for the game to start slowly, though. If you're looking for Darkstryke to become a more credible threat, she would need motivation. Otherwise, I was thinking she'd be more the type of person to be content with burglary. She's not really into taking over the world, unless maybe she's there as a hired hand.

Sure. If you'd like to plot some stuff for her you can PM me and we can work some stuff up.

DomShark

Primarch: Okay, I hear you. I had originally worked this character up for a "Superbad" parody thread, so I'll add some powers and rework the backstory a bit more. Also, the dogs function as low level NPCs (organic "Kill-Bots") when/if in battle. I'm still trying to get a sense for the setting I guess.

Primarch

Quote from: DomShark on October 04, 2011, 04:52:14 PM
Primarch: Okay, I hear you. I had originally worked this character up for a "Superbad" parody thread, so I'll add some powers and rework the backstory a bit more. Also, the dogs function as low level NPCs (organic "Kill-Bots") when/if in battle. I'm still trying to get a sense for the setting I guess.

The dogs are cool. The thread is more inspired by mainline Marvel/DC comics then Superbad or Kickass, a touch of the recent animated series like X-men Evolution or Justice League Unlimited. Even if not many of the heroes this far are your classic cape wearing heroes :P 

DomShark

Quote from: Primarch on October 04, 2011, 05:04:04 PM
The dogs are cool. The thread is more inspired by mainline Marvel/DC comics then Superbad or Kickass, a touch of the recent animated series like X-men Evolution or Justice League Unlimited. Even if not many of the heroes this far are your classic cape wearing heroes :P

Powers added.

If it's my compitency you're worried about I could PM a sample post. I wrote that up very late AM last night and it took a LONG time to make all those links work.

Primarch

Got no worries about your competency, just had a concern or two about the set up of the character and how he'd slot with the others. He seems fine, last point would be the end of his backstory. As I've stated with the others, each member of the eight came into themselves at the event in Paris. It gives a common event that brings the team together, something they all went through. Birth of a team and all that.

DomShark

Quote from: Primarch on October 04, 2011, 05:28:05 PM
Got no worries about your competency, just had a concern or two about the set up of the character and how he'd slot with the others. He seems fine, last point would be the end of his backstory. As I've stated with the others, each member of the eight came into themselves at the event in Paris. It gives a common event that brings the team together, something they all went through. Birth of a team and all that.

Oh! Paris, that was my misunderstanding. I thought that the Kill-Bot attack happened in Atlanta, I'll fix right away.

Primarch

Quote from: DomShark on October 04, 2011, 05:35:13 PM
Oh! Paris, that was my misunderstanding. I thought that the Kill-Bot attack happened in Atlanta, I'll fix right away.

Atlanta was when "Starman" arrived on the scene, Paris was the big event 20 years later, which had kill bots and a giant death ray from space and everyone getting their powers/becoming gadget-savvy smarty people.

MissFire

Edited in a little blurb about her being in Paris at the time of Starman's defeat to make her story mesh more with the background. Also made mention of some more equipment. Trying to emphasize the bird theme a little more.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Latooni Subota

Got her done! Hope she's okay. She's like . . . a lame (but cute!) Juggernaut!

The Person

Name: Kotobuki Nana
Nationality: Japanese-American (First generation)
Day job: Student
Personality: Nana is . . . well . . not exactly the brightest bulb in socket. A solid C student, she always preferred the lazy life. Things like hanging out with friends at the movies, playing games and movies, and whatnot. She likes the finer things in life . .  but not enough to actually work towards getting them. She also tends to suffer a bit due to a healthy dose of Envy, and not enough Pride. Now that she's become . . more than human, she's become a bit less humble and a lot more reckless. If the easy way to get what you want involves punching through a door and stealing it, then that's just what she's gonna do. Still, in the end she's a follower, not a leader. She tends to let herself fall under the sway of anyone with enough looks, brains, or strength to really impress her.

Backstory: Kotobuki Nana is the youngest of three children, in an exceptionally strict family. Sadly, she's also the least impressive. Her older brother is a physical savant, mastering everything from boxing to football. Her older sister is a certified genius, graduating high school at fifteen, and well on her way to being a doctor. Unfortunately for Nana, she had neither the physical or mental gifts to keep up with her oh-so-perfect siblings. She always wished she had the powers of Starman, or the genius of the Iron General, to make her life easier.

As time went on, she began to see Starman as less and less of a hero. This mysterious guy just shows up, tosses cars around, and suddenly the world loves him? If anything she began to emphasize with the Iron General. He tried again and again, working harder and harder every time he failed. The day Starman finally fell, Nana was sure that she was the only one that cheered. Privately, of course. With the sudden appearance of EIGHT new heroes, and the defeat of the Iron General, Nana cried out in rage . . . And threw her TV through the wall.

Apparently, the world was a believer of fair play. Even though new heroes were born, she was granted power as well to try and oppose them! Well . . . after she stole some jewelry. And some new clothes. Oh, she needed a new TV too!

Appearance:

The Villain

Codename: Meteor
Powers: Nana's latent mutation awakened several of the unused portions of her brain, granting her psychic powers. Specifically, tactile telekinesis. Her subconscious mind surrounds her in an imperceptible telekinetic shield, protecting her from nearly all physical damage. Not only that, but her reflexive telekinesis also acts in a way that . .  effectively increases her strength. In reality, it's merely her mental powers applying force along with her punches, or what she's throwing. Nana is convinced that she gained super-strength and invulnerability though, not knowing the true nature of her powers, or it's side effects.

Weakness: Nana's reliance on her tactile telekinesis, over time, actually weakens the body as she relies on her powers rather than her muscles. Without realizing it, she's actually walking with her telekinesis now, rather than using her body. Not only that, but despite being a psychic, she actually has no resistance to mental attacks OR magic.

Skills: To be honest, she doesn't really have any unusual or exceptional skills.

Special Equipment: Likewise, she has no cool gadgets.

Costume: The girl hasn't really thought up much in the way of a costume. She's literally just using a large scarf to cover her face, over her usual clothes. She uh . . could really use a good tailor.

Primarch

She looks fine. I'll suggest you PM me some specifics on her powers (such as, how much can she lift with her tactile telekinesis? or what punishment would she have to take before her shield that protects her from *nearly* all physical damage) I say PM over posting here as it just may be more interesting the total abilities of the villains are a touch unknown. Makes things risky. Never know if the hero will save the day or get faceplanted for their efforts.

Latooni Subota

Primarch

Name: Johann Brannigan
Nationality: German
Day job: IT Consultant
Personality: Chase is generally considered to be pleasant and warm. Known to enjoy banter and the back and forth between friends. Although never a person to be considered a coward, since his powers have developed he has truly become courageous. He's also one for work hard-play hard, when the day is saved he'll be the first one to pull out the celebration drinks.
Backstory:
Johann's early life was terribly boring, he did everything everyone did and nothing nobody did. He was on the soccorteam for a while, did some hockey, karate, golf or tennis during the season. He did well enough in school but only his parents considered him extremely smart. He got up to mischief when he had the chance, running around chasing girls or sneaking a few drinks in a field or place generally out of view. He was for the most part content with his lot in life, although he always thought he'd have time for things he really wanted to do later on. He'd take up painting once he was in college, then when working. He'd learn guitar when he had more time. He never seemed to get that time. Or else he considered himself too old to start. In college he studied Computing and Software with a first class honours degree.

The most spontaneous thing he ever did was an impromptu trip to Paris. While in Paris he watched what he thought was going to be the world ending, he was no more then a few hundred feet away as Starman was about to be killed, until a reporter appeared on every screen in sight. The rest is history.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The Hero

Codename: Honour Guard
Powers:
Superman human attributes: Honour Guard is super strong, able to lift 15 tons reliable with his upper limit floating something above it, and has matching durability. He can run at forty miles an hour or fly at twice that, and his reflexes allow him to operate at such speeds perfectly comfortably.
Light/Heat Manipulation: Honour Guard is capable of projecting light and/or heat from his body, generally in the form of an aura from his person or beams. His light can get as bright as a car's headlights at full blast and his heat is hot enough to melt anything he can break with his strength.   
Weakness: Honour Guard's powers require him to take in heat on a relatively continual basis, if he's trapped in a cold environment (0°F or lower) his powers will start to fade as they first start to burn themselves out to keep him going. After about ten minutes his powers can be completely drained.
Skills: Aside from being a qualified IT consultant, since taking up the whole hero thing he's taken to learning kick boxing, wrestling & judo. He's got about eight months training.
Special Equipment: None
Costume:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Minus the 'S'

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Latooni Subota

DOes leaving big holes in walls from where you throw yourself through them, count as The Meteor's calling card? XD

Primarch

Sure could, and if you'd like her to be the opening villain she certainly could (unless people want to do that "prologue" against the Iron General?), I'll set up an OOC and Character sheet page tonight after my long day at college. ;_;
If interest continues at the rate it does we'll hopefully have the final members of the eight (next step, ponder team name!) and can start full blown IC.

Aybara

Thanks Primarch and I already got her permission in a PM and edited Militia's characters real name in before you said it.

I for one would be more than interested in doing the fight with the Iron General as that's the point when everyone's characters first interact.

DomShark

Team name ideas: "The Fallen Stars", "Fateful Eight", "Octopals", "Dark Redeemers", "Superstar Saviors", "Able Avengers", "Midnight Militia", "Chaos Creators".

Kate

The Person

Name: Shae Onarah
Nationality: English
Nationality: Medical Research
Appearance: Very similar to Liv Tyler

Lifestyle

Currently she is on a good salary at a new Medical Research center involving gene therapy, when her focus is through a microscope she has noticed she can perform intricate changes which stun others working with her for her trials greatly aid creating potential cures her lab is hungry to provide the world. So far though these breakthroughs are many years away from human trials, regardless of their promise.
Still it is more than enough to have her career in the bag, for she is a dream team member ... not that any know why she has so many successes but sometimes successes speak for themselves, who cares about the answer to why something happened when what you can focus is an answer to something that others need enough to pay for.

The Hero

Code Name: Whisper
Powers:Telekinesis Mastery (she can move objects with her mind at a distance)
Weakness: No armor
Skills: Telekinesis Mastery, Surreal Painting, drawing
Special Equipment: None
Costume : None

Background and Personality

Shae talks slowly and is incredibly kind to those she finds trustworthy. Shae has refined her abilities by having them constantly in practice. When not around bigots Shae will often be reading while her abilities see a perfectly crafted glass fairy somewhere in the room managing a humorous task one would expect a carefree fairy to do. Primarily she uses this as a practicing technique to control objects perfectly while keeping her primary attention focused on other things but has found it useful to entertain others.

The fairy she has at the moment has over a hundred separate pieces which stay together by Shaes mental abilities. Shae's mind is disciplined enough for it to keep it so while even is asleep, although the form will be subdued. If she is knocked unconscious or drugged however, the fairy's pieces will loose cohesion. If intricate dynamic behavior is not cared for, Shae can telekines' objects of considerable weight.

Shae abilities do extend to be able to cause others direct harm, so far though, luckily for her, she has avoided needing to. Using her skills to help others manage exotic materials in a laboratory or fathom more about the workings of nature of the mind or to help others or heal others is more her cup of tea.  However she will do what it takes if happiness of herself or others is at threat. As such, although naturally principal-led she is is no pacifist and would take up arms for good causes. Proving a cause is justified in doing so to her though ... may not be so easy.