Reviving an idea - freeform nation rp

Started by Sydonai, February 15, 2011, 10:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydonai

Alright then, black orchid, Sasha and Scribbles, you guys may go ahead and start you main thread now since everything's fine with your nation profile(or almost) when you guys have posted, then we may begin but this recruitment thread shall stay open for future interests

Tomalak

Sydonai - As someone who has done this before; how would you advise setting the scene for a main thread?  As an embassy, a diplomatic meeting, the open street?

Having done very roughly similar things in the past, I'm inclined to use multitudinous threads, wiki pages, and PMs; I get the idea that's not how we want to do it here.
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.

Tomalak

It looks like the cultures in this game are primarily well-known, at least peripherally aware of each other.  It would seem as though a diplomatic envoy arriving in the capital of another nation will have a general idea of what to expect, at least in general.  Is that right?

I'm playing a primitive, isolated culture, with no communication to the outside world.  I'd like one nation with an interest in a 'new world' kind of situation, where explorers have discovered a previously unknown land, and through either exploring or expanding into it, encounter my civilization.  I will also need a storyteller to oversee the interaction.

I will be posting only a little information about my civilization, so that what the world at large knows about my people will be largely dependent on what the encountering nation discovers, believes, and chooses to share about the interaction.  If you are interested in being the kingdom that discovers my people, please PM me with the following information;
What part(s) of the world is your nation located in?
Do you have any colonies, or active explorers, if so - where?
What areas might your nation choose to explore (or expand into) in the near future?
How does your nation explore or expand?  What kind of expeditions would you send into largely unknown situations?

My culture will be located in a tropical place, preferably one with rainforest, jungle, and a combination of rough and flat terrain.
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.

Sydonai

sorry for the late reply tomalak, been a tad bit busy lately with photoshoot of my friend's wedding. ANyway to answer the questions from your previous post:

-I would suggests the main thread theme to be something related to the rulers of your nation, perhaps summoning his court and discussing his plan for the future of the country, thus a diplomatic meeting is viable too but that would require for other nations to send their diplomates over to your nation(meaning that they have to post at your main thread). Alternatively an open street scene is quite alright as well, giving off information on how the common citizens of your nation are faring.

-In fact we are going to use multitudinous threads, as I would called it branching out. When you set a story outside of your nation homeland or atleast outside of your capital, then you'd need to start another thread with a storyteller co-writing with you. As for requesting for storytellers, you can do that at the OOC as I have mentioned in previous post.