Eberron: Age of Worms (Pathfinder) - Full

Started by TheKhan, February 10, 2012, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Thank you.  Wanted to check before i wrote her all out.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheKhan

Quote from: BraveEarth on February 13, 2012, 03:16:51 AM
I think I have an idea and want to work on a character sheet but this is not a skill based character... Basically She is the newborn Half-Elf child of Diamond Lake's Bowyer/Fletcher (Mother) who while knows the skill has no desire to live her days in Diamond Lake and hates how decayed and corrupt the people in charge are, so she sees a Sword for hire as a way out and a way for her to move on to carve a path in life.

That certainly could work. As Acanthus is a half-elf born to a human and elf, I'd be ok with doubling up on races if yours was a purebred half-elf, since one of the quirks of Eberron is that half-elf's are generally bornfrom the union of two half-elves, so they have their own unique culture, which conveniently is described in the dragonshard archieve I linked to previously.

Muse

Name: Corina Brightsmith
Alingment: LG
Class: Cleric
Race: Human

History:  It's been four generations since the Brightsmith family has had silver to work.  With the mine’s repurposed too service the war and their family having no foot in the door with steel, they were forced into the tin industry.  Dale Brightsmith is the current head of the family, strong and hard working with honest hands and a pure  heart, he won the love of Sari the midwife’s daughter—a highly sought bride throughout the town. 
   Sari’s father was away at war when she bore her son Corinthian, and still gone when she bore Corina two years later.  Ever a strong and free spirited woman, Sari nurtured her family ‘til her daughter was weaned, then took up a halberd and went in search of her father.  Neither were ever seen again, but her mother would still have a vital influence on Corina’s life. 
   Corina spent most of her life apprenticed to her grandmother, learning the arts of healing and midwifery, the use of herbs and gentle words to heal the world’s ills.  She was a tall and strong girl, healthy and wise, and promised to grow into her mother’s beauty.  Given as her family was to the faith of the Sovriegn Host, Corina had long felt drawn to the teachings of Dol Arrah.  At the end of the war, a war forged released from service paid them a visit.  It explained that it had served in the same regiment as Sari Brightsmith--a paladin of Dohl Arah—and her father.  Both had survived the bulk of the war and spoke of returning home to discover what had become of her children, but died in one of the final battles.  The war forged presented Cornia with her mother’s halberd.  After three weeks learning of her mother from the war forged, Corina took the halberd to the Chappel of Dol Arrah, took orders, and completed an apprenticeship in a year.  Her father fears for her, but also loves her very much.  Aquiring some of the last silver in the mines, he has worked it into a holy medallion for his daughter, and he presented it to her on her 17th birthday. 

14 +2   Strength
10 +0   Dexterity
14 +2   Constitution
10 +0   Intelegence
16 +3   Wisdom
16 +3   Charisma

HP   13

AC   16   (Breastplate +6)

+4   Fortitude
+0   Reflex
+5   Will

+0 Base Attack
+2 Melee
+0 Ranged
+2 CMB
12 CMD

Dagger
d4+2   Damage
19-20X2   Critical
10'   Range

Gauntlets
d3+2   Damage
20X2   Critical

Halberd
d10+3   Damage
   Critical

Class Abilities: 
Channel Energy 1d6 6/day
Domains: Sun, Tactics
Sieze Initiative 6/day (Tactics Domain)

Feats: 
Exclusive Channeling
Toughness

Skills:  (ACP -3)
Diplomacy   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7
Heal      1 +3 +3 +2 +2   =d20+11   Healer's Kit Charges 10
K. Religion   1 +3 +0   +0 +0   =d20+4
Sense Motive   1 +3 +3 +0 +0   =d20+7

Spells:
--Concentration d20+6
Orisons (DC 13)
--Create Water
--Light
--Mending

1st Level (DC 14)
--Divine Favor
D. Endure Elements
--Shield of Faith

Talents: 
Focused Mind: +2 Concentration Checks
Midwife's Granaughter: +2 to Heal Tests, begin play with a free Healer's Kit. 

Backpack
Bedroll
Blanket, Winter
Candle
Chalk, 1 Piece
Cleric’s Vestments
Explorer’s Outfit
Holy Medallion, Silver
Mirror, Small Steel
Mug, Clay
Pouch, Belt
Rope, Hemp, 50’
Sewing Needle
Shovel
Soak 1lbs
Sunrod X5
Waterskin
Whetstone

31   Galifers
13   Crowns
4   (Coppers)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

rhev

Quote from: Brandon on February 12, 2012, 10:31:13 PM
You know thats something that just boggles my mind. In fantasy settings we hear about these 50 year to 100 year long wars that are supposed to have fighting going on nearly the whole time. Maybe its because I was a soldier but I cant fathom how that would work without extremely long cease fires like North and South Korea have going on right now. You would waste so much material and personel that you couldnt fight with any effectiveness

As a huge eberron nerd, and hopeful for the game (just waiting to hear back from the GM in private messages about a few questions I asked) I can answer that question.

See, you have to know about how the continent of Khorvaire was at the start of the last war.  The kingdom of Galifar ruled the entire continent of Khorvaire really in name only.  In typical human stereotypical fashion, they claimed lands that they really had no sway over.  The Talenta plains for example, under the rule of the halfling nomads, were part of the kingdom.  But it wasn't like Galifar had any impact on the Halflings lives.  They continued to ride their dinosaurs, travel the plains, and generally act like native americans.  So when they'd get a bunch of humans showing up and saying "This is our land now!  But you can keep living on it."  They were, for the most part, like "whatever you say boss." and then continued their lives.   This is why, when the 'war' broke out, so many of these areas splintered off into their own.  It was only when the kingdoms started trying to press those areas for resources, be they troops, ore, what have you, that they were like "ummmm no.... we are going to just form our own kingdom, thanks!"

Now, the last war started off really as a political squabble.  No one would recognize the line of succession, so each prince or princess, the head of their section of Galifar, just continued to rule their own part of the land.   The whole time making political machinations to be the next king or queen of Galifar.   The battles started small.  Border skirmishes here, espionage there, etc.  It really wasn't until Several years into the last war that we saw the first major armed conflict.  In 929 YK the Battle of Metrol in Cyre (now the mournland) showed the world that without a doubt the kingdom was at war.  Mind you, this is now a good 35 years into the 'war.'   Certainly there were battles before this, but they were border skirmishes and such.  The battle of Metrol, Cyre's capital, set the tone for the next 65 years of war.  Basically that Cyre, in the middle of all the other nations, would become a quickly shrinking and often slammed battleground for everyone else to fight on.  It also led to a severing of ties between the last few princes.  (can't remember who off hand).  So now the kingdoms were at all out war.

It was about another decade that the first warforged came to play on the battlefeilds.  So you've got SERIOUS war for like 10 years before you start replacing troops with warforged.   Though they wouldn't really see HEAVY use in the war for another twenty years or so till around... um.... 960 i think?  I'm trying to do this from memory, so im a bit fuzzy.

The rise of the warforged led arm in arm to a rise in battle mind you.  So here we are in the last quarter of the war, like 970-995 and the warforged are being used heavily, airships, massive armies, etc.

Long story short?  It wasn't a hundred year long war.... in the sense of active open conflict, it was only that in retrospect they went back and said "oh this started it, so this is when the war really started."  But honestly they could have said that the Last War was only 50 years or 70 years or whatever.  But people like round numbers and the deat of king Jarot in 894 just coincided well with the end of the war in 996

TheKhan

Looks good Muse! Four spots are now taken with two to go.

Callie Del Noire

TheKhan

Callie Del Noire

Katina Tarask

Eh, a dedicated trap finder is overrated.  Really, remove that antiquated "Only Rogues can detect traps over DC X rule," (and even then most Rogue archetypes give that up) and anyone can get a decent Perception mod works.

Callie Del Noire

Wish I could bring out my catfolk rogue. :D I'll think up something.

BraveEarth

>///< Whoops forgot to make the sheet public... my mistake

Brandon

Quote from: Katina Tarask on February 13, 2012, 05:09:33 PM
Eh, a dedicated trap finder is overrated.  Really, remove that antiquated "Only Rogues can detect traps over DC X rule," (and even then most Rogue archetypes give that up) and anyone can get a decent Perception mod works.

During the playtest Alchemists could trap find too and I found that it worked really well for them. I never understood why they didnt continue that. A lot of people dont like the idea of playing a rogue (me included) so alternate trap finders have always been popular
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Muse

Hm?

Do they no longer have Disable Device as a class skill? 

Callie Del Noire

Brandon

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2012, 02:46:16 PM
Hm?

Do they no longer have Disable Device as a class skill?

They lack the trapfinding special ability. So they cant disarm magic traps like a rogue can
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

TheKhan

Meh, I'd be willing to house rule that in. The Artificer can do it to, and like I said, I'd just adapt it to pathfinder by replacing craft reserve and retain essence with the alchemist's bombs.

Ershin

Quote from: TheKhan on February 11, 2012, 09:50:30 PM
Excellent. Let me know once you've finished fleshing everything out so I can take a look.
My apologies, I haven't had much time to work on role playing stuff in the last couple of days (neither story nor mechanics) and no progress has been made since the last post, sorry if I was silent on that for too long. There seems to be a number of primary casters already accepted, so I may scrap Antikythera altogether and apply with someone/something else if there's still time to do so. If not and my indecision is postponing anything, I'll politely bow out.

TheKhan

Quote from: Ershin on February 14, 2012, 06:14:40 PM
My apologies, I haven't had much time to work on role playing stuff in the last couple of days (neither story nor mechanics) and no progress has been made since the last post, sorry if I was silent on that for too long. There seems to be a number of primary casters already accepted, so I may scrap Antikythera altogether and apply with someone/something else if there's still time to do so. If not and my indecision is postponing anything, I'll politely bow out.

Not too late, we only have four spots taken with two still open. I'm waiting until we have at least five players.

Muse

Quote from: Brandon on February 14, 2012, 02:49:38 PM
They lack the trapfinding special ability. So they cant disarm magic traps like a rogue can

There is no longer a cap on the DCs of traps you can find without trap finding.  The Trapfinding special abilitiy gives a bonus equal to 1/2 level to your attampts to find and remove traps.  :) 

Brandon

Is that in the errata? Because according to the SRD it says: A rogue adds 1/2 her level to Perception skill checks made to locate traps and to Disable Device skill checks (minimum +1). A rogue can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps.

Muse

Hm.... 

I must have missed that. 

I was looking for "Traps with a DC of 20 or above."  Not, "Magical traps." 

If the trap can be found but not disabled, we can try to dispel it. 

Callie Del Noire

Or if I can get a rogue I like.. you can let me disarm it. :D
'TY'
Male Kobold Rogue (Trapsmith) 1
NN Small Humanoid (Reptilian)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision (60 feet); Perception +7
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15. . (+3 armor, +3 Dex, +1 size, +1 natural)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +1
Weakness Light Sensitivity
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Shortsword +4 (1d4/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d2/20/x2)
Ranged Shortbow +4 (1d4/20/x3)
Special Attacks Sneak Attack +1d6
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 12
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD 12
Feats Rogue Weapon Proficiencies, Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +6, Climb +3, Craft (Locks) +5, Craft (Traps) +7, Disable Device +7, Disguise +5, Escape Artist +6, Fly +4, Perception +7, Ride +2, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +6, Stealth +10, Swim -1, Use Magic Device +5
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome
SQ Trapfinding +1
Combat Gear Arrows, Flight (20), Shortbow, Shortsword, Studded Leather; Other Gear Alchemist's Kindness (10), Artisan's tools: Craft (Locks), Artisan's tools: Craft (Traps), Backpack (7 @ 26.25 lbs), Blanket, Blanket, winter, Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Pouch, belt (3 @ 2 lbs), Pouch, belt (empty), Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Tent, Small, Thieves' tools, Whetstone
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Light Sensitivity (Ex) Dazzled as long as they remain in bright light.
Sneak Attack +1d6 +1d6 damage if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.
Trapfinding +1 +1 to find or disable traps.

Background: A native of Sharn, Typelendiousfelic (or 'Ty' to non-kobolds) has spent most of his life indulging in a passion for the mechanical. He apprenticed to a shadow merchant known for creating crafty traps and locks and has wandered far from his home, working on commissions. He builds locks and small traps and has remembered the first lesson of his master, 'Never do buildings, just do locks'. So he will build locks to order, keeping scrupulous logs and records on what he'd made and never leave notes or drawings aside from those he gives his clients. In return he stays 'bought' when paid and repays betrayals if they occur. (One reason he had to leave Sharn for a 'bit' was that one client burned him, so he provided 500 flyers with blueprints to every lock the man had bought from him and had them posted all over Sharn)

zengal

Sorry, but I don't actually think I'll be able to pull off a character sheet on time. Combination of overconfidence/being busy/not realising this would fill so quick. Looks like you got plenty of interest though [with people better suited than I to boot], so it shouldn't be a problem.

Best of luck with this, I'll be interested in how it turns out. ^^
...and I suppose any part of us that can only be seen by others is a Dark part.
I feel that about the small of my back, too, and the nape of my neck.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.