Abel's Shield - Registrations Open! - Biblical Fantasy, Poly-Harem, NC-EX

Started by Mingnon, September 03, 2014, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingnon

For registered members: OOC Thread

IC: The Academy

Previous Title: Academy (and maybe beyond) with Vampires, Demons and Serpents

I am interested in doing some sort of smallish, free-form group thing. A girl's harem game primarily, but I would like to share for anyone also into guys who would like to join. Based off an element of Vampire Knight (High School with Vampires, nothing really beyond that though) and the Book of Genesis. Rating will be Non-Con: Exotic for safety reasons; if some people are okay with some bestiality though, the rating will be taken to Extreme.

Note that I won't really be GM-ing this RP so much as gatekeeping it. It's really meant to be based through interactions between the players, and as such I will allow for some varying shades of grey.

The premise is that in the modern world, things like vampires and demons are as well-known as older cult media; the topic crops up from time to time, but hardly anyone actively thinks about such things. The demons and vampires in question keep a low profile as well; as long as it isn't really known what they are, they can avoid drawing excessive attention to themselves. Their kinds have fairly bad reputations due to their abilities.

Vampires are the descendants of Cain, cursed to bear his mark to make them unkillable, while also giving them his extended lifespan as he was a son of Adam and Eve. Yet a workaround was achieved; a special enchantment can break the mark's curse, quickly making the former vampires mortal... and also causing them to feel all their body's current pains. Thus this act has been reserved only for extreme criminal offending vampires, and practiced by those law enforcers trained to deal with them. They can learn magic and can use it without any sort of instrument. They can also drain blood with their fangs, or drain life force.

The Nephilim are originally offspring of the Watchers, renegade angels who laid with humans. They have part of the powers of their parents but lacking the more divine ones. Thus they are mostly limited to telepathic, telekinetic and slight reality-bending powers. With practice, they can teleport anywhere within memory or given a clear view of their destination.

Then there are the descendants of the serpent, their true name lost to time. They have based their identity around the Adam and Eve myth, particularly the deception of Eve. As such they are among the more lecherous if not deceptive of the demons. Alongside their serpentine superhuman strength, they are capable of transforming into a snake-like or a few partly snake-like forms, and some can use hypnotic suggestion.

Which leaves the humans. They are naturally weak by themselves, but with training they can fend off the other groups. They are unable to use powers without a magical implement or enchanted inscribing of some sort (such as a tome or rune-like mark).

(Note that other races may be come up with depending on inspirations from the Bible. A worldbuilding topic may be set up for something like races, and the world of the RP itself.)

Setting Information, in spoilers

Abel's Shield Academy For Advanced Education and Defence
Established 230 years ago as a place to research means of defense against demonic beings. In more recent years however, Abel's Shield has become an academy made to instruct young human adults in defending themselves against demons using most recent methods, alongside teaching more advanced school material from 10th grade (Sophomore) to early College (College Freshman). As such, the school has material and faculty suited to this form of study.

The academy has four buildings to cover the different forms of study. All of them are connected adjacently to each other by bridges on the upper floors. The buildings cover subjects as followed:

-One for the Arts. On the ground floor is a band room and theater, as well as classrooms for drama. The floor above that has classrooms for art, and above that classrooms for literature and poetry. The building's lower floors have been soundproofed to avoid disturbing the upper floors.

-Second Building for the Sciences. On the ground floor are science and chemistry rooms with its own chimney and air conditioning systems to help air out the room in the case of harmful chemicals being used or made. Above that floor are two additional ones to cover mathematics, forms of social studies, and computer lab.

-Third building covers other miscellenious classes and allows for particular after-school clubs. The building also contains the main offices, cafeteria and library.

-And lastly, the fourth building which covers classes unique to the academy; combat training, both physical and magical. Alongside that are classes dedicated to elemental study, demonology, alchemy and enchantment, and exorcism.

The school's grounds also have a picnic table area, race track, multi-purpose sports courts (for sports such as basketball, tennis, volleyball), and a swimming pool.
There is also a few other buildings off to the side of the campus grounds which serve as dormitory rooms. Each dorm room houses two same-sex students or if applied for, up to four varying students.

And down the hill from the campus is a small, town-like area for after-school activities; a set of buildings for other sorts of clubs, a convenience store for food and supplies, an arcade and recreational park. To the sides are a lakeside beach and a few nature trails.

Students are expected to bring money to last the number of years they're going to stay, and supplies for the same amount of time. As well, they are expected to bring clothes that the average person would wear in public.
Further, they are expected to attend the classes that they themselves have listed out, though the scheduling is fairly flexible, several classes taking place a few times each school day. Failure to attend classes for any reason results in homework for the class's material covered that day; put simply, attend classes and you'll get no homework.

Forms of Magic
Elements:
There are eight elements - Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Metal, Nature, Ice and Lightning. The core elements of course are Fire, Earth, Air and Water, but the others govern slightly more deeper aspects of the world; ice magic can be used to freeze water and create ice crystals from thin air (thus it is a fusion of Water and Air), Metal being used to control magnetism and manipulate metal objects to an extent, and so forth, Lightning to control electrical currents and otherwise summon electricity, and Nature being used to grow and control plants and otherwise nourish living beings.

Arcane:
Arcane magic lacks an element, rather it is a more formless kind of magic; control over pure energy if you will. Control over light and darkness seem to count as arcane rather than elemental because neither of them have a real source.

Enchantment:
The form of having magical seals placed on inanimate objects to cause various effects. It is a kind of alchemy in that what is known so far is that, if an enchantment is cast a certain way each time it will have the same result. Enchantments on humans and living things though seem to have the same level of difficulty as those placed on computers, almost akin to a surgery in that the enchanter would have to know what they're doing. Removing an enchantment would require almost the same amount of precision, though there are exceptions done with practice (such as the process to remove the Mark of Cain, which nowadays has been compressed into electrical tag-darts).

Exorcism:
Divine spells and rituals meant to bar off or even remove demonic influences from living creatures, objects or locations. Less precision is needed for this than enchantment, yet for living things care must be taken not to compromise the emotional or mental wellbeing. As such, classes on Exorcism from living things can only be legally done on approved lab animals.

Other Forms of Magic:
Either not yet discovered or prohibited from being taught at the academy. For instance the art of necromancy which deals in manipulation of creatures no longer alive.

Once again, based on interest in the idea as a whole, there will be a couple threads for the RP itself, as well as perhaps a worldbuilding thread to help further construction on this idea.

Rules:

• Keep in mind your current sex partner's Ons/Offs: You don't have to be mindful of everyone's o/os listings in the RP, but this is important when engaging in sexual interactions.
  • Use the pre-post information sheet on every in-character post: This lets people know what character you're using, and warns them of what kind of sexual content is in your post so that those who consider certain things offs can avoid them.
  • The gatekeeper's judgement is to be respected: While I am not going into an actual Game Master role, I am still the owner of the RP and thereby its enforcer. As such whatever calls I do make must be adhered to.
  • Refrain from being too overly powerful: While some races may be more powerful than others, I still want there to be some sort of limit to characters' powers. Think of it this way; if your powers leave a very large, and possibly damaging mark on the academy, there would be a shutdown.
  • However, don't feel yourself too limited: Soon enough in either the OOC or an actual worldbuilding thread, you can toss around ideas so that you can hopefully expand on the RP's world.

Current Characters:

Arcadia Radford - Female - Human
Deirdre Martel - Female - Human
Balder Vivekin - Male - Nephilim
Charles Castex - Male - Human

Overall: 2F - 2M

Character Sheets:

Colors are there so you can put in your own custom colors, so that provided you're using more than one character there is another way to tell them apart. You can pick out colors through Colorpicker.com or other hex-code sites. Just keep in mind that the text would have to be dark enough to be legible.

As an added note, all completed character sheets have to be sent to me for inspection.

[float=right][img]Put in character's picture here. Be sure to crop it to about 150x200 (width and height, respectively).[/img][/float]
[b][color=red]Name:[/color][/b]
[b][color=red]Race:[/color][/b]
[b][color=red]Age:[/color][/b] (16 minimum, by appearance/mental maturity if your character has a longer lifespan)

[b][color=red]Possessions:[/color][/b] (Things like favorite belongings and weapons)
[b][color=red]Knowledge:[/color][/b] (In terms of physical or magical combat prowess)
[b][color=red]Misc. Tidbits:[/color][/b] (Hobbies, School Subjects, etc.)

[b][color=red]Bio:[/color][/b] (Information about the character including background)
[b][color=red]Appearance:[/color][/b] Some basics regarding how your character looks. More on the picture; it should be anime-like or otherwise drawn-looking. The latter is hopefully meant to provide some flexibility for those who aren't really into the anime aesthetic.

[b][color=red]Sexual Orientation:[/color][/b]
[b][color=red]In-Character O/Os:[/color][/b] (What the character themself would be into.)
[b][color=red]Out-of-Character O/Os:[/color][/b] (Provide a link or some other direction towards where your o/os are located.)

Pre-Post Code:

[float=right][img]Image here, same as above:[/img][/float]
[center][color=red][size=14pt]<Name Here>[/size][/color]
[b][color=red]Location:[/color][/b] (Where your character currently is)
[b][color=red]Character(s) Addressed:[/color][/b] (Whoever your character my be speaking or interacting with)

[b][color=red]Warning:[/color][/b] (A notice on content for more sexual scenes)[/center]
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

Interdiction of words

Count me in for serpent but are them more humanoid or feral?
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Rel Mayer

I'm interested in a vampire. I'm going to wait and see what sort of interest this forms before I make a character though.

Really cool concept. :)

Inari

I am certainly interested but I just thought I'd bring up a point about Nephilim. They aren't offspring of angels who laid with humans but angels and demons who laid with one another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asmF3YJ7CXo#t=814

13:34

Then again if we are going by Bible then... I guess that makes them the children of fallen angels?

Mingnon

Interdiction - They can change between fully human (barring a few standout features like some bits of scales, eyes and tongue), humanoid, naga-like (serpent lower body), and fully feral.

Rel - Thank you for the interest ^.^

Starcry - Yeah, I'm going with the fallen angels thing. Apparently the Watchers disobeyed God in loving the humans, so it would make sense that they'd fall. Plus I'm not really going by DMC canon. >.>;
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Inari

DmC cannon isn't just in itself it is by other lore too. I wasn't expecting you to go by DmC lore since no one likes that. Sorry if it seemed that way. XD

I think I'll play me a Nephilim. Are we using real or anime pictures? :o

Mingnon

Starcry - Ah ^.^; Well, I intend for the use of pictures that are either anime or otherwise drawn in some way. Hopefully this can give people who don't like the anime aesthetic something to pick out.

FlamingAce - Thank you for the interest.
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Idlewyld

I've got a human and a ghost character from other games that got stalled/held up if you'd be interested in having them.

Mingnon

You can let in a human character, but the ghost may need to be discussed in private.
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Interdiction of words

Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Mingnon

-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Interdiction of words

Mingnon

Alright then. I'll have character sheets and a set of rules coming up soon.
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Mingnon

I will post these up on the first post. But here are some rules, a character sheet, and a pre-post sheet. The rules are there for peace of mind though and follow what should be considered common sense:

• Keep in mind your current sex partner's Ons/Offs: You don't have to be mindful of everyone's o/os listings in the RP, but this is important when engaging in sexual interactions.
  • Use the pre-post information sheet on every in-character post: This lets people know what character you're using, and warns them of what kind of sexual content is in your post so that those who consider certain things offs can avoid them.
  • The gatekeeper's judgement is to be respected: While I am not going into an actual Game Master role, I am still the owner of the RP and thereby its enforcer. As such whatever calls I do make must be adhered to.
  • Refrain from being too overly powerful: While some races may be more powerful than others, I still want there to be some sort of limit to characters' powers. Think of it this way; if your powers leave a very large, and possibly damaging mark on the academy, there would be a shutdown.
  • However, don't feel yourself too limited: Soon enough in either the OOC or an actual worldbuilding thread, you can toss around ideas so that you can hopefully expand on the RP's world.

Character Sheets:

Colors are there so you can put in your own custom colors, so that provided you're using more than one character there is another way to tell them apart. You can pick out colors through Colorpicker.com or other hex-code sites. Just keep in mind that the text would have to be dark enough to be legible.

As an added note because I forgot, all completed character sheets have to be sent to me for inspection.

[float=right][img]Put in character's picture here. Be sure to crop it to about 150x200 (width and height, respectively).[/img][/float]
[b][color=red]Name:[/color][/b]
[b][color=red]Race:[/color][/b]
[b][color=red]Age:[/color][/b] (16 minimum, by appearance/mental maturity if your character has a longer lifespan)

[b][color=red]Possessions:[/color][/b] (Things like favorite belongings and weapons)
[b][color=red]Knowledge:[/color][/b] (In terms of physical or magical combat prowess)
[b][color=red]Misc. Tidbits:[/color][/b] (Hobbies, School Subjects, etc.)

[b][color=red]Bio:[/color][/b] (Information about the character including background)
[b][color=red]Appearance:[/color][/b] Some basics regarding how your character looks.

Pre-Post Code:

[float=right][img]Image here, same as above:[/img][/float]
[center][color=red][size=14pt]<Name Here>[/size][/color]
[b][color=red]Location:[/color][/b] (Where your character currently is)
[b][color=red]Character(s) Addressed:[/color][/b] (Whoever your character my be speaking or interacting with)

[b][color=red]Warning:[/color][/b] (A notice on content for more sexual scenes)[/center]
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Inari

I am now not sure if I should use any of these:

Yara The mage in training:

Tsubasa The Dragon boy:

Orion The Kitsune Wishmaster:

Or just totally make a new character altogether. D:

Mingnon

The mage is fine. Tsubasa would also be fine if he is signed up as a serpent character. Orion however, wouldn't really fit too well as he is (being a kitsune).

I should also bring up a note about magic: Namely, magic pertains to control over the elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Nature, Lightning, Metal, Ice) as well as command over arcane ethereal energy (How to create runes, control over energy, etc.) As well, select students can learn about exorcism, which includes lessons on how to break the Curse of Cain, safely undoing demonic control, and protections to be used against demons.
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Inari

Thanks for clearing that up!

I think Humans and Nephilim would most likely be the ones to be exorcists or am I wrong?

Mingnon

Humans yes, Nephilim could learn exorcism as well since they came from angels.
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Inari

Name: Balder Vivekin
Race: Nephilim (Appears human)
Possessions: Pack of cards, juggling balls and various pieces of magic enhancing jewellery.
Knowledge:

Telepathy: He is able to communicate with people within their own mind without drawing attention to himself. He can also do this long distance but only with people he knows and whom he has a mental link with.

Dream weaver: Due to his cursed arm he is able to wander into other people's dreams and thus discover their core persona that is hidden from the waking world. He is also able to control where the dreams go. However he rarely does this and he can only do it if he is sleeping next to the person.

Minor form shift: Once he discovered his natural look he quickly learned how to hide it. While it drains him to hide his true form he feels ashamed of his real self and rarely allows anyone to see him. To help maintain his ability he has a ring he wears as a back up in case he runs low on magic to keep up the spell. Slowly he is learning how to hide himself without the ring but he has a long way to go before he can fully master this ability.

Misc. Tidbits:

* Has come to the school to expand education as he has only been home schooled up to this point.

* Worked as a clown to entertain children at hospitals.

* Still enjoys dressing up as a clown to entertain people once in a while.

* Needs to eat a lot to maintain his magical energy - Fortunately he has a high metabolism so does not put on any weight.

* Doesn't like to be seen in the nude by anyone.

Bio:

Balder has quite a dark past that no one truly knows. This is because he is very vague about his origins as he feels very uncomfortable about them. If asked he will tell people that he doesn't know who his real parents are and that he was adopted at an early age. He will also tell them he was home schooled and used to entertain children at the local hospital where he lived. If asked about his arm he will tell them the truth; that his family were attacked by demons and he was cursed when he managed to kill one and scare of the others. Apart from the vague answers he will happily tell people that he came to the school to expand his horizons in education as he feels he has been left behind after being home schooled all his life.

Appearance:

His skin is pale, his build is lean but despite his looks he is strong and fast in combat. His hair is shoulder length and as white as snow and his eyes as gray as ash. On the left side of his face he has a red marking and left arm is completely black with a small tribal design on his shoulder. The arm itself looks somewhat demonic in his human form but in his Nephilim form it looks like a weapon. He is often seen wearing quite smart clothes around the school but more baggy styled clothing outside of it. The jewellery he wears helps him control his natural powers as he has no one to help him learn how to manage his Nephilim powers.

Sexual Orientation: Omisexual
In-Character O/Os:

Out-of-Character O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=145842.0

====

I hope this is ok!

Mingnon

You could of just sent me a PM ^.^; But all of this looks to be fine. However you should crop the images to 150x200, wide and tall as I mentioned in the character sheet.

But here is my character:

Name: Arcadia Radford
Race: Human

Possessions: A spellbook for how to wield ice magic, as well as couple books for how to bend light (a form of arcane magic), and some basics on demonology. For bending light she uses a bracelet. She also has more 'mundane' things like a smartphone and a motorized scooter.
Knowledge: Ice magic, light manipulation (projection, redirecting light), very basic exorcism
Misc. Tidbits: Preferred subjects are band, literature and cooking. Likes to play tennis if possible. Has a pet rabbit back home.

Bio: Arcadia was abandoned at a foster home, but after only a month was taken in by very sympathetic and loving adoptive parents. The parents pretty much spoiled her when they could, but still had her disciplined and sent to school to learn some of what she needed to know. The rest - such as combat and self-defense - would be taught at the academy, they decided. Yet for her upbringing, she hasn't really made any friends, one or two at most. As such she has tended to be quiet and even a bit socially awkward, but she ultimately means well... or at least she tries to mean well.
Appearance: A short girl at around 5'2", with a slim frame and regular bust. Has golden hair that goes a few inches past her shoulderblades, and light blue eyes. Her form of dress is mostly for comfort, dressed in fairly loose, flowing clothes.

Sexual Orientation: Hetero
In-Character O/Os: Is slow to get into sex, but has secretly had fantasies about being a captive damsel. Beyond that, she is apprehensive about sex toys, and has never even thought about having sex with anything non-human. Her reactions to either depend on how she is eased into them.
Out-of-Character O/Os: Located here.
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Idlewyld

Here's my character as she currently stands

Name:Deirdre Martel
Race:Human

Possessions: Deirdre has one special item - an emerald ring. She doesn't quite know what it does, or if it does anything at all, but sometimes, late at night, she could swear that it glows and feels cool.
Knowledge: Deirdre is pretty much an ordinary human. Unless charm and energy count as abilities.
Misc. Tidbits: Deirdre enjoys the arts more than the sciences, especially writing and poetry as it allows her to give expression to her imagination. She also finds history engaging. She has an eye for art and enjoys making impromptu sketches of both scenes and people around her.

Bio: Deirdre Martel was born to a middle class family, the third of five children. She was raised with middle child syndrome, consistently ignogreen, consistently having to cede the spotlight to her brothers and sisters. Given the situation, most of her life, she was content to stay in her room and dream of something better.
Something better has often taken different forms, the more different the better. As such, the opening of the new  academy seemed to her to be. Packing up her things, she ran off with little more than a note to her family, informing them of her intentions and found herself knocking on the academy's door, her only recommendation being her smile.

Appearance: For some odd reason, Deirdre has hair as green as her eyes. She usually wears it up rather than down She stands 5/5" and weight 115 lb. Her build is fairly slim. The girl has a perpetually excited smile and an effusive sparkle in her eyes. Deirdre has a decided penchant for frilly dresses and other girly clothes, especially in sea shades of blue and green, but normally with enough room to allow for freedom of action.

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual but bi-curious.
In character O/O's:: Although she's generally a take life by the horns person by nature, in romantic and sexual relationships, she'd be more submissive than dominant.
Turn Ons: New friends, new places, being wooed.
Turn Offs: Bathroom style stuff
In character O/O's:: Here

Inari

Quote from: Mingnon on September 04, 2014, 05:30:19 PM
You could of just sent me a PM ^.^; But all of this looks to be fine. However you should crop the images to 150x200, wide and tall as I mentioned in the character sheet.

I cropped the image using this:

[img height=200][/img]

I hope that is ok. I also wasn't aware that I was supposed to pm you but if you want me to make any changes or which to discuss something via pm I don't mind! :)

Mingnon

Hopefully that would be a decent start character-wise. I will edit the first post to provide links to the character sheets. We should wait until more come in, preferrably guys before the RP starts.

And well, that is alright Starcry. Fair enough ^.^;;
-Victor Frankl
Oath of the Drake

Inari

I hope Balder isn't too over powered. If you think he is let me know and I will try to nerf him a bit. I also just noticed that we forgot to add sexual o/o of the characters. I shall add that now!