Warcraft roleplaying! Yeeha!

Started by Nachtmahr, October 27, 2009, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

Hmm, well, i'm thinking something more simple like.. two war parites both attacking some enemy outpost in the barrens perhaps (A big desert like place with only very few lush places, and you have to be on a constant lookout for raptors and other not-very-nice creatues) And now they have to reach.. gadgetzan perhaps? (Small goblin capital in the middle of a real desert) And then they evnetually assist eachother rather tahn loose more allies. i mean the trip will be long and hard and there would be loads of time for them to develop as persons and develop relationships to eachother.

I think im oging for a male tauren or troll actually then xD
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Kanrya

Rachubka

I don't really know a whole lot about WoW to really contribute in this sense. I've played it for a bit, know the general fantasy aspect of it. That's all! lol

Nachtmahr

But im open for ideas? I'll be a tauren male then, no doubt, atleast he will have a hard time scoring, but Taurens are either bloodthirsty or very gentle and caring, and they have a sort of alliance with the night elf's druids, making him a decent connection between the two groups.

Primarch

Xanatos

Maybe... the Tauren could score with my Draenei! lol... maybe.

Anyways, no offense Elyza but your idea is not solid enough in my opinion. To bring the alliance and horde members together, we will need a more dark enemy or situation which forces them together first off against their will, and then the threat will need to remain for awhile to get the bonding going.

Well that us unless we all want to be individuals who do not hold outright hatred like the majority do. I am fine with that to, but it might feel like a cop out. -shrugs-

Were on to something, but please don't take me as trying to dismiss your ideas. Not that, just I would prefer it if the idea felt a bit more realistic. For me at least, I don't know about the others, but I can RP it better if it feels better. If the idea is to weak I am sure my RP would not be very good.

Does anyone else have any ideas to consider? Its just been me and Elyza mostly up until now. The more ideas we get, the more we can meld or get new ideas growing.

SirHakado

I agree with you Xanatos.
Maybe it's because I know more about the lore (and I'm Horde in WoW and I want to kill those %^%%ing Alliance gankers, but that doesnt matter for this Rp ofcourse *Cough*)

The one idea I have is that our groups were in Sillithus, in different outposts, when the Sillithids suddenly rushed and took over the towns.

With the towns in ruins and and little survivors, even Hordes would have to work together with Alliance just for a shot at survival.
This also gives us a couple directions to go with the Rp, either find out the cause, or get the hell out and find help before even more places are over-run.

Xanatos

Hmm. That might work. Although that idea is faaarr tooo soon. The Blood Elves and Draenei were not added in then. They came in at the Burning Legion expansion. So basically anyone who had already declared Draenei (like me) and Blood Elf is out.

SirHakado

Quote from: DarkXanatos on October 28, 2009, 04:47:26 PM
Hmm. That might work. Although that idea is faaarr tooo soon. The Blood Elves and Draenei were not added in then. They came in at the Burning Legion expansion. So basically anyone who had already declared Draenei (like me) and Blood Elf is out.

Actually, not necesarilly.

Bend the rules, remember?
Maybe the Sillithid recently (as in post-BC) became more active, and we were sent in to find the cause.
That's then the shit hits the fan.

I think if we're going to make this work, then we need to bend the lore, otherwise it... well, wont.
The only real unifying threat is the Lich King... and look at what happened in WotL... all-out war again.

Xanatos

Well that means were ignoring Deathwing. The Alliance and the Horde realistically should not even be able to split their attentions between themselves and the Lich King in the first place... um undead don't need to eat, can be made from any dead corpse, and the magic he wields is insane. He alone is enough to consume all their focus...

Anyways, I am more than willing to accept that one. But you add in Deathwing, the Lich King, the and if you add in Sillithis, the Alliance and Horde would crumble in days or weeks. I am sorry, but thats just simply to much. I know of no nation in real life which has survived fighting three enemies who count as the calibre of the three just mentioned. If the enemies were much weaker, yeah it wouldn't be a stretch.

SirHakado

Ah, sorry, I thought we werent going Cataclysm.

And yeah, the war is stupid... you'd think atleast Thrall would be smarter then that.

Sillithis would be without the Lich King (who has yet to extend his grasp outside Northrend, unless I'm sorely mistaken) and Deathwing hasnt ruined the world yet.
That was the assumption I was working under.

I agree with only having one of these be the threat though, else it'd be... far too overwhelming.

Xanatos

Well even without the Lich King, your forgetting the Burning Legion itself. They occupied much of the Alliance and Horde armies in Outland. The Alliance would be splitting their focus from an even more deadly enemy than the Lich King. Even the Lich King fears the Burning Legion.

Bending is fine, and something we will need to do a bit of, but unless we completely rewrite WoW lore which would be quite the undertaking, we simply will have to pick a period of time and deal with what is happening at that time and or rewrite it a bit, but we cannot logically ignore so many enemies unless we just write them out.

SirHakado

Hmm, I suppose Outlands would be the best compromise in time and place then.

We have Draenai and Blood Elves (but no DK's... which Primarch picked), and then it'd take place in the Outlands.
That way we have one mayor foe, and one that poses a serious threat, one possible of uniting the factions (like at the gateway to Outlands, there's Horde and Alliance holding back the enemies)

And yeah, BC was the time I was least involved in WoW, I tend to forget it's power lore-wise.

Xanatos

Ah I see. I came in during BC. I had to learn about all pre-BC from other people or just by doing the quests myself. I also played most of Wrath of the Lich King, minus the raids.

Well lets see what the others think. Maybe Primarch is not dead set on the death knight?

Wolfy

o3o Lich king has a lot of power lore-wise too, ya know..o3o

Or we could set this in the future, during Cataclysm. xD

Rachubka

Don't forget that this is a little group, and not an entire army. The Alliance and the Horde maybe be splitting their focus, but our group does not. You know what I mean?

Well, again, I don't really know the lore to be really insightful, but I'm just saying it's not necessary to look at the BIG picture.

SirHakado

My main reason for picking BC over WotLK is that BC has one really big enemy.

WotLK has both the Burning Legion AND the Lich King, which makes is a double-pronged problem if any foe becomes too powerfull.

Saerrael

Tempted tempted tempted. I should pass on it, though >.<

I adore the lore behind warcraft, personally. But it all depends on how deep you wish to dive in the whole lore thing.
There is a lot there..
And both Alliance and Horde have been battling more then one foe at the same time multiple times. Just not Ildarin, the Flights and Arthas all at the same time.

Why not set this in 'current' time? As of yet, we have not seen Arthas and all we really had to battle was more or less what his presence in Northrend has corrupted. (Not to mention the former Lich King, of course.)

I'd propose storming Naxx. It's huge, there are a lot of different enemy characters and a variety of problems one can encounter.

...Still tempted >.>

Xanatos

Wolfy, yeah the Lich King has lots of power. But remember, in Frozen Throne Warcraft III, Illidan was charged with killing the Lich King by the Burning Legion, Kil'Jaeden I believe actually gave the order. The Lich King before it merged with Arthas greatly feared the Burning Legion and still does. He is powerful but nothing compared to the Legion.

Anyways, nothing is set in stone as of now. We still have yet to settle on anything. I do agree some plot twisting likely will be needed and BC is fine. Most of us mentioned Draenei or Blood Elves so I think its safe to say anything pre-BC is out. So that leaves BC up to Cataclysm.

Aiden

-Adds his wow geek 2 cents-

You guys can't base your story off the game's expansions, since they do not properly line up with the events of the "story (lore)". The reason BC started was because Illidian got bitch slapped by arthas and retreated into outland to reorganize. Arthas is currently in Northrend plotting his next move, amassing his army. Because of him, the old gods have begun to stir awake, so all those threats in the world exist. All that matters is what part your game wants to focus on.

Honestly you guys can have more fun playing a side story in the old world, a small party of adventures who bite more than they can chew. Some of the smaller factions of the game can be just as brutal, the defias, the steamweddle cartel and other goblin cities.

-tucks away his wow rp side-

I'll def keep an eye on this thread and might join, but not as a lame wow shaman, as a warcraft, "I speak to the elements" shaman or as a panderan monk, traveling the world in search for drunken nirvana. Ohh and you will need a Gm to keep the story in mind, once you guys think up of one.

Saerrael

I'll keep an eye on this as well, curious to see how it will evolve.

Aiden

I also have a original character I Rp'd on the actual wow rp boards.

Gor'ja (Gorejaw) Godhand- Orc rogue, I had lots of fun with him in the past.
-must fight urge...to make "rogues do it from behind" joke!

Xanatos

-laughs and facepalms-

TheDevil, just a note Blizzard is putting the expansions out and thus they are in order because thats how they are released. They are knowingly messing with their own lore for money. So only Blizzard can say what is wrong or right. Its an unfortunate reality that a business would willingly ignore their own story for money, but thats the way it goes.

I am fine not using the main plot and doing some side plot but if we do not use something major to galvanize some horde and alliance together, then we are back to the story/reasoning feeling very lackluster. Thats my feeling at least, am I alone in that? I think we all know how great the hatred between the factions is.

I don't think anyone has said outright, including me, whether we will be okay playing characters who do not really hold to the faction hatred. I noted, for me at least, it would feel more like a cop out but I am willing to go that route so people can play horde races if they wish. An all alliance would be much easier to deal with but then some people might not be happy.

One guy wants to be a death knight, so do we want to have this after Lich King or no? He hasn't gotten back if he set on his idea, though, so perhaps we won't need to worry about this or not. -shrugs-

Nachtmahr

Outland, BC, thats not a bad idea. We could actually say that our group was combined forces of alliance and horde, sent out by the Aldor or the Scryers, or even the Shattered Sun. Then they would fight a common enemy and work for the same master? Or, since im the only one wanting to play horde, we could just go all out alliance again?

Xanatos

Well both are fine. I forgot about the Shattered Sun actually, that would be perfect for getting horde and alliance races into one party.

If we don't end up getting anymore than you for horde, we could just go straight alliance. I am not against either though. Whichever works, just so long as I get to have my tail and horns. -smirks-