Quotes, sayings and wit

Started by Captain Maltese, December 24, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

"I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person." - Oscar Wilde

Shekinah

Sepandai-pandai tupai melompat, akhirnya jatuh ke tanah juga
No matter how high the squirrel jumps, it will eventually fall onto the ground.

-Malay proverb-

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Captain Maltese

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Soleil

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum

Captain Obvious

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Captain Maltese

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Captain Maltese

"I am. A professional. Soldier. When I signed my life away on that dotted line I fucking meant it."

- Sarge, "Dog Soldiers"

Deamonbane

The Doctor: I'm not a hero.

Robin Hood: Well, neither am I. But if we both keep pretending to be, perhaps others will be heroes in our name.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Captain Maltese

Every revolutionary idea seems to evoke three stages of reaction. They may be summed up by the phrases:
1- It's completely impossible.
2- It's possible, but it's not worth doing.
3- I said it was a good idea all along.

- Arthur C. Clarke

Shekinah

You'll only realize that you truly love someone if they already caused you enormous pain. Your enemies can never hurt you the way your loved ones can. It's the people close to your heart that can give you the most piercing wound. Love is a double-edged sword, it can heal the wound faster or it can sink the blade even deeper.

My O/O's

Captain Maltese

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
- Will Munny, "Unforgiven"

gaggedLouise

"Somebody's fooled these guys into thinking they are real pop stars and now they are touring up an down the country making deuces of themselves"

- withering review of a dodgy teenybopper band, from a Swedish newspaper in the late 90s :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Nico

This one. For so many reasons.

"Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo." ("If I can not bend the will of Heaven, I shall move Hell.")

- by Virgil (Juno)

Solaire

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want" - Calvin and Hobbes, Bill Watterson.

Captain Maltese

There is no public event so horrible that it will not attract more people trying to take pictures for their Facebook page than people trying to help.

Shekinah

The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful

My O/O's

Lovely Complex

"Small progress is still progress."
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Nico

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery" - Dante Alighieri (from: 'The Divine Comedy')

Shekinah

"There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within." - Miyamoto Musashi

My O/O's

Lovely Complex

"The best views come from the hardest climbs."
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Nico

"Morality is not the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but of how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness" – Immanuel Kant

Lady Shadow

From the King:

I'm not trying to be sexy. It's just my way of expressing myself when I move around.

Elvis Presley
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Nico

"A concept is a brick. It can be used to build a courthouse of reason. Or it can be thrown through the window." - Gilles Deleuze (from: "A Thousand Plateaus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia")

taurinekitten

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Naenia Nightshade

“You can’t have too many friends or shoes.”