Dreamcatcher

Started by Captain Maltese, February 07, 2016, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

This thread is dedicated to telling about what dreams we had last night while in Morpheus' embrace. Comments from others are welcome though.

-------

I dream that I went from room to room, in some immense and fairly rundown place with lots of people everywhere. Some of these rooms held racks or heaps of old and dusty computer equipment. I was rattled, uncomfortable and looking for something but never could find it. The people I talked with were talking of leaving, or waiting for something to end so they could leave.

Comment: This environment was my living life for many years; I am a former Systems Administrator. Haha.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Evil Tim

My last dream was me working in a place that sort of resembled my current job (a gas station) having merged and combined with my previous job (Wal-Mart).  The overall layout of the structure was Wal-Mart but certain things, like the placement of objects and what was outside the doors were laid out like the gas station.

Captain Maltese

A strange dream again last night. I not only saw it all from the outside like I was watching an old movie, but it was also entirely in black and white. First there were a number of men, drably clothed, drenched in the rain but rolling around in the mud as if they were very happy about something. Odd. Then there was a chinese factory setting, someone mentioning that great leader Mao Zedong had visited and made sparks. Then, some western entertainer was being made a money offer to do some kind of show; he was reluctant as the monetary amount was big by chinese standards but very small by what he was used to. But he took them. In the next he was wearing a lab coat and putting together some impressivelooking machine with lots of electrical current going through it, but it was understood somehow that the machine was bogus. Suddenly the power went haywire and the 'scientist' got fried; he was jerking wildly and smoke was coming off him. A bystander grabbed onto him and threw him into a water basin, which seemed to make things worse - he screamed as if he was cooking on the inside and smoke came out of his mouth, then slowly sank into the water.

And then I woke up.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream was on familiar territory; the old family farm of my grandparent where my dad grew up too. It's eerily similar to Winnie The Poohs' forest. The old house is still standing and I am using it as a cabin.

The dream start with me in the cabin, looking out of the window toward the marsh. I notice something odd moving about: buffalos! And then, native indians riding horses among them. I get out of the cabin and go down there, then see the chief walking and go to talk with him, asking what they are doing there of old places. He explain that they had to leave where they used to be and decided to come here instead. Just then his second-in-command comes running with a cell phone, saying that there is an important conference on some island. I offer to set up Skype - and then I wake up.

It was a great dream. I wish I could see it on repeat.

Captain Maltese

Tonight's dream was a weird one. Not related to anything in my present life or in any experiences I have.

I dreamed that I was leaving some workplace for the day, and was in a hurry because I was going elsewhere. When I was arrived at the airport I noticed that instead of my leather shoes, I was wearing some old garish rubber boots. I wanted to do something about it, but just then a bunch of guys with weapons and head wraps came storming in. There were bombs and other things being placed out, I think cameras. I tried to do something to one camera but was seen, and tried to escape. I  got out of the airport and into an open place by a river, and was seen by the terrorists again. They released a pack of very vicious looking dogs after me, and I decided to lie down instead of run. The first dog came closer and closer, I vividly remember the angry face of it and the smooth thin brown fur, but I did not move and once it came beside me it stopped, sniffed at me and laid down beside me. Its fur was warm. The other dogs came near and circled nearby, but did not attack either. I laid there and had the weirdest feeling that I was sort of being owned, but also being protected. I did not enjoy the situation. Then a large machine passed me slowly. At first I thought it was a biplane driving on a very very tall undercarriage but then I could see that it was a big tractor with a fan mounted in the front. The wind from the fan was dislodging metallic items from the ground. Some time went by, the dogs became fewer and older and then there were none.  I was now standing beside an old broken tank. Then a couple of grunge looking guys showed up, and one of them held a proud speech about living free and having food to eat. To prove this he held out half a seagull.

I have started to keep a block of paper and a pen by the bed. I wake up and write down keywords. when I read them fully awake, they are only barely legible and not always even that. But it certainly seem to help on remembering the dreams.

Captain Maltese

Last night I got an unusual treat; a  zombie dream. As I write this I am still pondering if I should include the erotic elements as they were in parts... grisly. Hopefully I am not breaking any forum rules here.

Me and some other guy were looking at a muscle car; it was black and sleek. We broke into it, hotwired it and sped off on a highway. Police were following us, and we took off the road and into a rocky dust road that led along the beach. At this point, the radio started talking about a zombie outbreak, and the cop chasing us broke off and turned elsewhere. My nameless friend and I arrived at some rural little town by the sea, and came to a house where several women lived. We were welcome, familiar. There was group sex in various configurations. Then there were loud sounds from the outside, shouts of anger and banging. We went outside, and the street sides were being closed off by board walls. An angry woman said that this was so they could be safe. We went back into the house, but now the women were turning into zombies... but while their looks were corresponding to the zombie thing, their minds changed in a different direction. Sassy and aggressive, one might say. There was sex and violence, and blood and a lack of heads. About the last thing I remember is doing ... things down a headless, hollow neck.

Comment: I love zombie movies and Top Gear. But guro is firmly on my off list, so what the HECK?

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream. I am driving a car, along a dusty and narrow road. Suddenly there is a man standing in the road and I hit him. I look in the rear mirror, and a brown and red body lies in the dust. I drive on. Some time is passing, I am in a middle eastern country. I am trying to join one of the local guerrilla groups, but there is shooting, they turn out to be bad guys. Finally I find myself in a dark and narrow room with concrete, perhaps underground. There is light but maybe as much as you would expect from a single naked light bulb. But there is a coffee brewer there, and I and a small group of men are standing or rather huddling together. Drab clothes and short haircut, there is a sense of unity and cameraderie, but I cannot tell if we are people about to go do some kind of job together, or if we are prisoners about to be sent off somewhere. Unwillingness in their eyes.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream. I and two others are wearing dark clothes, and are jogging determinedly along a railroad track in the middle of the night. Switch to a new scene, some kind of checkpoint. Grim looking soldiers in heavy coats holding long rifles, standing in front of a seated officer behind a table.; for some reason I think these guys are Turkish army. Incongruently, there are two small friendly dogs with long drooping ears sitting beside the table; one grey and one brown. We show papers and are let go. Third scene, we are on a train. The wagon appears to be made for livestock but it it empty except for us, I don't think we are supposed to be there. It is in the middle of the night again. As the train passes a close by forest we jump off and hide.

Captain Maltese

Oddball. I am at some sort of office workplace, wrapping it up for the day. A coworker comes sprinting with two small children in tow, asks me to take them home. I am not too hot on this but I say I will do it. I get them in the car, but am not sure where they live and the kids are too small to explain. We drive around. I try to get the mother on the phone but cannot reach her. Eventually we go to their kindergarten which I know where are, but that is closed for the day now. That dream seem to end.

Next however I am parking at a garage or toolshop or small factory of some kind. It is empty but for me and it feels like the place is mine. I walk around putting stuff in the right place, working a little on some part. Suddenly a guy walk in, nods and start doing stuff too. And another guy, and another, and the place gets full of people but noone are speaking with me. They seem generally friendly though. I am exasperated because i do not understand why they are in my work shop.

Finally, a separate image of a running bear. Kinda light brown, chasing something or someone but that isn't me.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream was oddly well directed, somehow.

It starts by me reading an old book. Narrow yellow pages. There is a picture of an oval steel door. Next I am driving on a deserted asphalt road, through a landscape with cliffs and small houses by the road, the sea beach on one side. The feeling I get is that I am somewhere north in my country, by the coastline. I stop by one house, ring the bell, a woman who is neither young nor old answer. She lets me in. We go down into the basement, and there is the steel door from the book. There are cyrillic letters on it, Russian, and a lot of complicated locks with cogwheels and levers. The woman leave. I work with the locks, things move, and eventually the door opens. Inside there seem to be some kind of storage or bunker. I see WW2-vintage Russian stuff, but also German of the same period. There are boxes everywhere, many open, and paper is strewn about. It feels as if someone have been there before me but I can't tell if that is recent. But I find military items, uniform parts, cigarette packs, some guns. I inspect one of them, it has brass parts that move smoothly when I touch them. I stuff all I can find room for into a suitcase and leave. Next I am on an airport, waiting to check in. The suitcase bothers me. I have planned to take it on board in the cargo as usual, but I am worried and at the last minute I go to the post office and have it sent to my home address that way instead. Finally, I arrive home and the suitcase is waiting for me. I am joyous as I start unpacking.

I swear, this is the actual dream picture by picture and emotion by emotion as I remembered it when I woke up this morning.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream was... bad. I am in a bar with another man, he shows me files with documents and pictures. Next I am in a house, with a woman and a child, a girl not yet a teenager. They are both mine. I need to do something, but do not want to. Some time passes. Finally I am standing behind the woman, she is doing something normal. I shoot her in her back, she dies. I feel terrible. Some time passes. I break down and tell the girl that I killed her mother. She tells me that she forgives me. We hug. I cry.

And then I wake up. I wish I could have forgotten this one before I left sleep.

Captain Maltese

A fragment from last night's dreams. I am in some sort of Asian cafe; at least everyone around me as Asian. Tables, food, coffee, that sort of thing. Busy. Outside it is dark, as if this is some kind of road stop. I am reading a newspaper, drinking coffee. But the odd thing is that everyone are rude. At one point one man actually rips a square off my newspaper because he needs something to write on, without any apologies. I don't feel hated or singled out, it's just this bad atmosphere. 

Comment: I have actually been in Asia. No one were rude to me, ever.

Captain Maltese

A dream from a couple of night ago.

I am on a futuristic train, with a small group of people. I am driving or rather controlling the train by the help of a couple of instrument panels. Then I look out of a window on the side of the car we are in it, and look down at the river. There are boats there, a whole bunch of them, looking curiously like a school of small whales. Perhaps they are whales. Then inside the train there is a dragon chick, not bigger than a hen. Someone tells me that its name is "Brigham". I then show the group how to control the train, pointing to the instruments. I look back at the dragon, and it has grown in size until it is as tall as me and a good bit more muscular.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream. I watch this entirely from the outside. There is a long low building made of wood, down by the shore of a river or delta. The building is very big, and it seem to be a sawmill. There are men working there, carrying long poles like cant hooks. Inside there is a messhall or something similar where workers sit by wooden tables. On a wall is a bunch of those long poles. The workers are wearing white sweaters or jackets, and shoulder straps. Some have very oldfashioned moustaches. Suddenly there are shouts of anger, people get up and grab those poles down from the wall and rush out. When they return, there is an empty space where one pole should be. The final scene is of a woman in a long skirt and jacket is reading something aloud for the men, in a sombre atmosphere.

Captain Maltese

Another weird night, and this one is definitely a 'me' dream. I find myself starting off on an army repetition exercise. I meet a few familiar faces from the army year and earlier exercises, and we laugh and comment on each other. Then we are doing a urban combat training thing through houses and co, with electronic marker guns. At one point I am cornered by a guy and a girl and go down, lying immobilized and prone as they approach to take my rifle. So far, all is by the book. But then they get my cell phone and they laugh as they say they will hang on to it as a "souvenir". I go livid. They move off, and after I can move again I pull a concealed and very illegal pistol from the back of my pants and hunt for them. The girl has my phone but I find the guy first and take him out. I don't remember how. Then I search for the girl through the building structure, send her to the ground and shove the pistol in her face while I get my phone back. I take out the SIM card, then throw the phone on the ground so hard that it shatters and say "Here's your goddamn souvenir." Then I leave.

And then I wake up.

Comment: I spent a year in the Norwegian Army when I was 19. Between then and until I was 30, I was on three ten day repetition exercises as part of large NATO exercises. Good times.

Lapine

I know I dream, but it's rare for me to remember them.  Mostly it only happens when I wake during the dream, so the few I remember are usually in the morning

This morning, I dreamt I was dozing in my recliner (which I actually was) but it was in a different spot in the room.  The house, although mine, had subtle differences for some reason.  In the dream, I woke hearing noises of someone moving around.  I wasn't frightened, merely curious.  Turns out it was my ex, doing some repairs and such.  I was livid! He'd come in uninvited and unannounced.  I was glad to get the repairs made but very annoyed that he'd not even called to arrange it.  I didn't fly off the handle at him but I did firmly tell him that behavior wasn't acceptable.  He seemed truly puzzled about it.  Sheesh!

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream. I am at my cabin, outside, watching a bear or similar brown animal play around at some distance. Then I notice a boy, maybe 10 or 12, walk around dressed in fur clothes. We talk, but I don't remember about what. Then we walk through some hills and arrive at a small beach in the fjord; there are a few small houses there. But in the water about half a dozen military landing vessels are coming onto the beach. Most of them let loose soldiers and trucks who move on in. Noone's shooting so it is probably an exercise. But one vessel appears to have trouble, it is on the beach but noone's coming out, there is some kind of engine issue from the noise. A few soldiers look out over the side of the vessel and says something funny. Dream ends.

Captain Maltese

A little fragment from last night's dreams.

I am in a plane. There is some sort of electronic device, spelling doom for the plane - a remote control device, a bomb. But there are almost no one in the plane. I am running through the empty cabin, a gun in my hand. But I am not one of the hijackers. I get to the cockpit and talk briefly with the pilot. Soon after we are landing, not on an airport but a city street or arena of sorts. There are many people there; many are lying face down on the ground covering their heads in fear.

Captain Maltese

A puzzling dream last night. I walk in a street, pass by an antiques store and enter it. Inside the goods are well presented but I only see traditional items like farming tools and food plates, the usual. Then, in a narrow corner, I find a couple of old uniforms hanging. White, with thin black stripes. Old winter camos with related extra gear. Very old; ww2 vintage at least. Which is as easy to find as chicken teeth and shark hats. I talk with the shop owner and discuss them with him, then put them on. They fit. Then hey says: "Right, off to (garbled" and I am suddenly in a different place, with at least six others in identical gear who look as if they have been waiting for me. There is some kind of ceremony, either a test or an initiation or both. Which gets really weird after a while; for instance we are throwing bottles at one point. And the more stuff like that happens, the less one of them I feel.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream. I was outside at the cabin, as in other dreams. Watching bears, young ones, frolic in the open field. Then a massive pine tree falls, the tip almost touching my feet. There are people laughing at me, and not in a nice way; they have cut down the tree and are cutting down many others. They are building a wide road or gate through the hills and forests. I am angry. I have a revolver in my hand, I can see it close up with the brass cartridges being put into it. I am firing, but at the infrastructure of that road and not at people. I go into a cafe, and two men are gesturing toward me. When I leave, they follow after me. Then we meet outside and talk, and they end up agreeing with me rather than fighting me. We went to a what I think was a train wagon, hiding behind a coffee machine. Then we all go to a third place, a strange fortress island where people were chained to the outside wall standing waist deep in the water. One of the prisoners turned to greet me; I did not know him but it seemed he knew me. There was a cruel woman there who seemed to be the boss, and a young man with black hair who acted like he was an officer of the place.

Captain Maltese

Last night's dream had an unusual setting. This one was seen from the outside, too. A group of warriors were celebrating something, I think a battle. Just a dozen men at most. The equipment they wore reminded me of greek or roman soldiers. But one of them was very unhappy, as if he had had a personal loss of face or something dishonorable had happened to him. Suddenly he took all his weapons, a whole bunch of them, in both his arms and threw everything down into a ditch. There was a sudden silence among the other. He rejoined them at their table. But there was one other man there at the table, who was grinning quietly in his black beard. Before him lay one of the other man's weapons, a sword. Looks were exchanged but noone said anything about it.

And then I woke up.

Belle33

Hmmm... I rarely dream. I wonder if you awake refreshed or exhausted from it all. 

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Captain Maltese

Belle33, I think on the balance I am the better for the dreams. I get to go new places and see new things, sometimes be a part of events too. I guess it compares a bit to sleeping in front of a turned on TV. Waking up screaming or exhausted is very rare now.

Two big, separate dreams last night. Both had a 'from my eyes' viewpoint.

In the first dream, I am out to buy a car. And I come across a real muscle car. Dark green body, fat blue stripe along the middle, towering engine. But someone else is ahead of me, an older man - and by older I mean older than myself. He buys it. But as he takes it for a spin, he offer me a ride. I have no idea what happens next. But the next image is of me walking comfortably and naked around in his grand home. A friend of him comes in, he turns around on his heel when he sees me and is gone. But I am exploring a strange wall in the house; it is of stone and has carved images. I ask the older man if this is freemason stuff and he says yes, and then I poke at two symbols at the same time and the wall opens. Inside there is a room full of antique items. The dream ends.

In the second dream, I am someone in a different kind of world. I have a house, a wife, a child (all strangers to the awake me) and we are all slave minded. We have no independent thought. All go do what they are supposed to do, when they are supposed to, and nothing else. There is a lingering feeling of lack of freedom. And the sky has a strange hue. Then I go to a store, and all act like machines. But then... something is happening in the sky. There are sprays of colors, as of tiny meteor swarms hitting the atmosphere, and my brain start feeling different. As if some great controlling power is losing its hold. Others feel it too, there are people crying, talking, voices raised. I talk with the shop keeper and drag her out to watch the fireworks, and she goes in again to let her colleague see it too. I move on, talk to people. And I see a man fill a cart with things; I ask him what it is. He says that he has decided to move and to sell off his things, and there is confusion and happiness in his face that he is daring to do such a thing on his own. That he is free to do so. Then also this dream ends.

Captain Maltese

A very short dream from last night. A brief battle scene, in whose center there was a warrior woman. Long hair, long chainmail, sword in her hand. A swarm of warriors, holding spears. Then, a stone wall as if in a cave, and two of those same spears standing crossed against that wall. Only now those spears are ancient and rusted.

Captain Maltese

A long and personal-view dream last night with an unusual amount of emotions.

The dream starts on top of a large building overlooking a fairly open landscape in the middle of the day. There seem to be work in progress on top of it; there are hoists, jacks, wooden crates and tools. But work is not what is going, because the dozens of people standing on the roof do not appear to be worker; more like a random group of people with a purpose. Because we are all looking at some kind of enemy force closing in on us. Not people, and not zombies either - more some kind of scaly humanoid monsters. And we the humans are arming ourselves with what we can find; I have found a heavy three foot long monkey wrench which feels like it has a good heft to it.

Almost at the edge of the roof top there is some kind of safety rail meant for the workers, maybe four feet tall. Everyone is standing inside it except for one. A young woman, maybe 18-20 years. She wear black closely fitting clothes and long jet black hair and stand on the very edge with crossed arms watching us rather than the enemy . I go to the rail, grin to her and tell her "You are pretty brave to be standing there like that." What she replies I can't tell, but I am acutely aware that she moves to press against the same rail, our bodies separated only by an inch of metal, and whispers her word so close to my lips that I can feel her breath.

Impulsively I lean forward, grasp her by the shoulders and give her a firm kiss. This is clearly not what she had in mind, she pushes me angrily away, turns decisively and jumps off the building. It is not a suicide; there is a bathing pool down there and she hits it. I am very confused though. But we have other things to focus on, and the badly armed group starts filtering down the building - a school? a conference center? - to defend it; the enemy is already penetrating the defenses. I pass a number of rooms and doorways, and see various groups of people; children, elderly. Some are scared and others strangely calm. In one room a teenage girl sits knitting, surrounded by guinea pigs and rabbits - and a few badly infected, aggressive rats. I tell her to kill those and move on.

In the hallways chaos reigns; people run in all directions. One of the monsters come running, and a few of us who have weapons deal with it. Then I see the black dressed girl again, I do not see her fight or carry weapons but she moves with clear purpose. I talk to her, more cautious this time, but I cannot recall awake what was said between us this time. I feel rejected though. The battle continues but I do not see her again.