I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamonedsky

I have a thing for stars, so I knew I wanted something related to them. When I made my account, my roommate was singing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." So, I started thinking sky and diamonds, and for some reason, the thought of putting stars, diamonds, in the sky came to me. And then I thought, if 'diamond' were a verb, what would it be? Diamonded sounds childish, but then 'diamoned' came to my mind. A lot of people message me pointing out the misspelling, but that's not what it is. It was intientional because I thought it looked pretty and kinda poignant typed out. A diamoned sky, diamonedsky. It has no personal connection to me, I just thought it was pretty but simple, playful but mature.. like me. ^^
O/O   ☆   A/A   ☆   Avatars
Van Halen - Tattoo

Kolya

One of my favourite characters from Anne McCaffrey's Pern series.

AmberStarfire

Amber Starfire was the name of a Star Wars character I played in a RL tabletop game. It would've been about 8 years ago now, so a long time back. She was a mistryl shadow guard force adept (essentially a hot mercenary force-user whose favourite mundane weapons were zenji needles). Think 'hairpins for courtiers' that can be thrown like knives and with enough force to penetrate a stormtrooper's armour.

Stella

Amber, I love the Mistryl! Shada is a serious bamf. I would love to read more about her and her later life with Talon Karrde.

My username came from a desire to have a single word as my sn. I had a character by the name of Stella at that time, and I love Tennessee Williams. Lol. It wasn't taken, so I just used that.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Stella on August 17, 2013, 06:50:10 AM
Amber, I love the Mistryl! Shada is a serious bamf. I would love to read more about her and her later life with Talon Karrde.

My username came from a desire to have a single word as my sn. I had a character by the name of Stella at that time, and I love Tennessee Williams. Lol. It wasn't taken, so I just used that.

I've only read the Star Wars roleplaying books, and know bits and pieces of what happened in the novels, so there's a lot about her and the other mistryl I don't know. I love the concept behind them though, and they're really wonderful to play as characters. She was one of my favourite tabletop characters ever. What are your main sources for Shada?

So Stella is a song by Tennessee Williams?

Stella

The Extended Universe novels - there's a short story about her and Karoly in 'Tales of The Mos Eisley Cantina' and then she features heavily in a much later novel, 'Visions of the Future / Spectre of the Past'. The first story is about her time as a Mistyl and a mission on Tatooine, the second appearance is about her becoming a renegade. Basically, awesome.

Oh no, Tennessee Williams, the writer! There's a character in 'A Streetcar Named Desire' called Stella and Marlon Brando famously shouted "Stellllaaaa!" outside on the street in the film adaptation. :P

AmberStarfire

Ahh ok, I should've known that about Tennessee Williams probably. Just couldn't place the name, but knew I'd heard it before.

I think I may have to check out those novels.

Stella

Lol, that's okay! I think there's a country singer with a similar name.

Do! They're excellent, especially Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina.

AmberStarfire

There are copies going from £0.01 on amazon.co.uk. Suffice to say, I'm totally going to pick that up.

Stella

AmberStarfire

You can get a surprising number of books for prices like that. When I was a distance ed uni student, I had trouble getting reference books I needed because there weren't any good libraries around where I was living that I could use (and many were closed after hours during the week, which was a problem when I was working). So I took advantage of really cheap listings on Amazon by buying up a number of different books on the subjects I wanted that were listed for really cheap prices. Many were older editions of more current textbooks. I had the right 'required' textbooks, but the Amazon-bought ones did fine for reference materials/further information for my essays.

It saved me trekking all over the place, spending more money to get the right books, and I still have a number of them on my bookshelves.

RH17

rustytiger

Ummm because I used a very childish name on another site and it was super long -coughs- psychokittycat14 -coughs- I like cats and I wanted to have a name that didn't sound like some child made it up so born from the ashes of the long name was rustytiger. Rusty because I feel old and I like the name rusty and tiger because that is my favorite animal. Some times I go by Frostylicker.  ;D
I'm slowly coming back after years long hiatus. Still going through all the new rules and updates so I'm sorry if I mess up.

Ons & Offs
Absences
Idea Thread

Snickerz

One of my favorite and less developed rp characters, besides it's a fun name. *nods*

Zekromnomnom

I picked this one because on this other adult RP site, I had a super stupid name and I decided to come up with something new, and at the time, I was playing a lot of Pokemon White, so I decided to go with Zekromnomnom because it made me laugh.

I also briefly considered going with Feraligatrade, which is a combination of the pokemon Feraligatr, one of my favorites, and Gatorade, which I love to drink.

Devil's Advocate

Well, it does fit for an attorney, doesn't it (my username, that is)? :)
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Katy von Tease

I picked mine because I love the name "Katy" even if my parents didn't bestow it upon me. Apparently I'm a big tease, and it seemed fitting for Elliquiy, so that's where that part comes in. Lastly, the "von" came from gorgeous women I adore, like Dita von Teese and Kat von D; besides, it just sounds awesome as a name! :)
Flirting is a woman's trade which she must always keep in practice. For instance, her dress should be like a barbed-wire fence; serving its purpose without obstructing the view.

~~~ Katy's Sweets, Sours, and Bitters ~~~

RavenBlackmoon

This is the pen name I created for myself years back. You will see this name again if I ever finish writing a novel.

wildrod

SouthernKitty

Well I was originally born in Texas, but have moved so much, and all over the south, hence Southern. Then there is my love of Felines. Specifically Black Panthers, but felines over all I simply love. ((And all animals in general, but that's off topic))

Lovestheclassics

I have a penchant for things that achieve the status of a classic whether a rock'n'roll song, vintage vette, old jeans or cowboy boots or even the original inspiration which was those classic, nearly but not quite cliched situations in the penthouse letters in my brother's magazine's.  I'm dying to see if i could get a RP going where we are inspired by those classic tales tonged with the feeling that "I never believed they were real until..."

Does anybody else recall those fine examples of barely literate but endlessly arousing tales?

Thorneblood

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
QuoteOnce i had a different name, one of ancient lineage and greatest respect. Once i had begun mastering the ways of the druid, listening to nature's call and dancing beneath the sun before finding my love beneath the brazen moon.

Once i was many things, but never was I a champion.

Never was i a hero.

Oh i sought the title as did any man. Questing beneath the wooded groves and scouring the dungeons perilous. I bested giants born within storms and laid beside the many Queens of Faerie for my price. I loved every moment.

Yet in those darkest hours when the sky broke open and a darkness we had never envisaged poured out to ravage our verdant land, i was unable to best the night.

No one that remained was allowed to live.

Reborn in blood i found a closer kinship with the darkness and the savage hunt then i had ever known. I listened with keen ears to the aging oaks questing for sunlight knowing one day they come to rot in shadow. I saw the other side of life, was enchanted by the causal peace of death and seduced by the star's near silent songs.

Lost, as all of my clansmen and kin were lost, and by then names were such petty things.

We swore oath to new houses and bound ourselves by blood to more ancient rules.

The House Thorneblood was in honor to the Rose. A circle of voices that would whisper the sweet promises of love's poison prick as we danced with the light of stars. Not winter but fall, not savage but civil. We learned of ways to twist and tease the sweet blood of mortals and bend temporary flesh to our wants and ways.

I am but a humble priest of that order, a quiet voice in the night that can promise so many things.

I am not a hero, i never was.
Nothing of that life remains but the broken lyrics of my name in a subtle verse called Saedis.

A pleasure i hope, for it is surely mine.

I am weary of planning and toiling in the crowded hives of men; Heart weary of building and spoiling and spoiling and building again; And I long for the dear old river where I dreamed my youth away; For a dreamer lives forever, And a toiler dies in a day.

On/Off

Elina

Mine is the name of someone I knew briefly, and I thought it was the prettiest name I'd ever heard.  Shortly after, I found E and borrowed the name.

ladia2287

Mine's an old nickname from my Uni days. Apparently it means "The Goddess".