I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jalynn6

Opps! Forgot to say why I chose my username on here!
I prefer to use Neryma because that name came to me while writting my 'alter ego' for a DRoP rp years ago.
But Jalynn is a combination of my real first and middle name.

alextaylor

I play a lot of online games and hated that girls were getting preferential treatment. On one of those games, I interviewed one of the more influential players, someone with a really neuter nickname. There was a kind of enigma surrounding that neutral nickname, and because of no association to gender, people respected him/her purely because from achievements.

At the same time, someone I know posed as a horny girl on Skype, under the nickname Alice Taylor. He pulled a prank involving convincing a desperate teenager to put a shoe on his head on camera. It was kind of hilarious... I borrowed the "Taylor" last name as a reference to that prank and to associate myself of being in that cool group.

The "alex" part was the best neutral nick I could think of. Unfortunately, it's a favorite name for futas and the like, but oh well.

I didn't notice that the usernames were also display names here, so the capitals and space were dropped.
O/O

Queen of spades

A magician said "pick a card" So I did...
~Queen of Spades' plots and scenes ~
~Ons and Offs~
~A/A~
In private messages, feel free to call me 'C'

Maeven

Just because I like the sound of it and I like the juxtaposition of the 'a' with the 'e.'  I used it in Everquest (for an alt) before I used it here though.  But even my main always had an 'a' next to an 'e.'
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

JarsofPickles

I love pickles. Way too much. Besides, it's unique, it's... interesting... and it tickles people's funny bones, even if the jar seems a little empty sometimes.
<3

Tyrhung

It is a username I always wanted, but never used.

It was also speculated to be a misspelling of the cursed sword Tyrfing, with the name 'Tyrhung' showing up for one of my favorite weapons in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Finally... there's the mild innuendo on a site like this, referring ambiguously to a two-handed sword.

Remy

Remy was born in a story from elsewhere that I wrote with Mr Disclosure years ago.  I just loved her, and the name...so when I came to Ell, I used it and here we are.   

The fact I love Brandy hadn't a thing to do with it. ;)  Cross my heart.

Bedroom Lazarus

This name came about as something of a joke.  Me and a friend had been role playing a story set in renaissance Venice, due to the religious overtones that had become part of the story (There was a great deal of Catholic versus protestant vibes in the game) we decided in a fit of whimsy to start thinking of ridiculous biblical styled screen names.  When I hit on this one we both more or less decided in a fit of laughter that it won the competition and so I decided to make it my own.  Associating the priest aspect with it honestly just came later.
Passion is something no man can resist eternally.
Temptation will burn through a soul, devour its purity and intoxicate all those who are in its path.
Fret not oh lost little lamb, for you shall be led by the wolf with a cross to the green pastures promised you all the same. 
Open to ideas and messages

The Sins that Beckon Me

Arainae

It's the name of a character in a story of mine. I wrote it..maybe five years ago? I just really like the name :P

The Muse

I've always had an obsession with Greek and Roman myths, the muses were simply the beings of Apollo that whispered into human's ears for the creation of art and such. I am a lover of all types of art, helping friends with editing their books (a few have actually been published), being a model for artists (no not nude)... so on and so forth. The only thing is, the muses can't create anything themselves.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: The Muse on February 12, 2014, 10:52:19 PM
I've always had an obsession with Greek and Roman myths, the muses were simply the beings of Apollo that whispered into human's ears for the creation of art and such. I am a lover of all types of art, helping friends with editing their books (a few have actually been published), being a model for artists (no not nude)... so on and so forth. The only thing is, the muses can't create anything themselves.

I'm a big fan of Greek and Norse mythology, like art and have edited books too. I think we have a few things in common.

Vill

I was watching "Comedy Bang Bang!" and there was a skit with a character named little orphan Fourvel. When asked what sort of name that was, he replied:

"It's like Fievel, but one less."

I laughed pretty hard. A little later down the road when I made this name (names have never been my strong suit) I was reminded of little orphan Fourvel. So, I made it with intention of being read as:

Roman numeral 5 (V) followed by the word "ill". Sick, not "I will."

Vill = Fievel.

Yes, wine was involved.

SniperWolf316

I chose my username because growing up I was a fan of a video game called Metal Gear Solid and in that game is a character named SniperWolf.  Well one day my cousin was over and was watching me play through it for the first time and once I had reached Wolf's stage my mission was to kill her as fast as possible before she could snipe me. 

My cousin watched as I lined up my sniper rifle's sights and shot clean through her scope into her right eye and one shotted her.  He was so amazed by that , that he started calling me SniperWolf and it stuck ever since. Plus I love sniping in games.

The 316 came from two places. One being a famous saying of a wrestling hall of famer named Stone Cold Steve Austin , " Austin 316 says I just whipped your a$$" ,  and the other being my favorite verse in the bible " John 3 : 16 , For God so loved the world that he gave his only forgotten son so whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. "
" I won't run away anymore...  I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way! "

rouwdy

All my closest mates call me Rowdy and a few years ago when I first came on here I thought it was spelt with a u. I hope I can change that one day.....

Ms Gavane

Gavane has been the last name of my best friend's character for decades now. I stole or while working with one of his characters and have since incorporated it into my books and stories. Ms. is because they told me that Angel had been used a thousand times and I wanted to make it into something more original.
O/O

Divine Tenacity

Midori is Japanese for green.

Sadi is short for sadist.

Put it together and there you go!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Witch

KunoichiChloe

I chose my name from my favorite show and anime series.  "Kunoichi" comes from TMNT  meaning "female ninja"   " Chloe"  is one of the characters in the anime Noir, she is my favorite female assassin. Thus!  Kunoichi Chloe was born!

Goldmoon

Because I always thought Goldmoon seemed amazingly beautiful, romantic, magical, sexy, and strong in the dragonlance novels. Which have been some of my favorite novels since I was a child.

daddysgirl87

Because i have a tattoo that says daddy's girl and the year of my birth..which is pretty uncreative, if I had a do-over, i'd be sweet dee like my favorite character from "Its always sunny in Philadelphia or pink, because pink was my nickname in high school.
"And possibly i like the thrill of under me you quite so new"-e e cummings

"There is nothing to writing, all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Ernest Hemingway

I'm standing here defiant, waiting for you to bend me,willing you to break me.

On's & off's

Goldmoon

Quote from: daddysgirl87 on March 08, 2014, 09:28:31 PM
Because i have a tattoo that says daddy's girl and the year of my birth..which is pretty uncreative, if I had a do-over, i'd be sweet dee like my favorite character from "Its always sunny in Philadelphia or pink, because pink was my nickname in high school.

I love sweet dee. Awesome

daddysgirl87

"And possibly i like the thrill of under me you quite so new"-e e cummings

"There is nothing to writing, all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Ernest Hemingway

I'm standing here defiant, waiting for you to bend me,willing you to break me.

On's & off's

Ethoxyethane

This is my username because...

Long ago I I saw this name somewhere and liked it.  I made this account nearly four years ago and used the name, I should probably start with a new, more appropriate name. Should.

Cayenne

Cayenne was my bard on another game.  She was everything I love about writing, and required my very best to be able to pull off, so in, when I was changing my name I decided that she deserved to live on~
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Macht