EMF Exposure Information

Started by Star Safyre, April 24, 2011, 02:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Safyre

Could anyone direct me toward some reputable information regarding the dangers or harmlessness of EMF exposure, such as from a laptop?

Thanks much!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

WhiteyChan

EMF - electromotive force? I think you might have your acronyms mixed up xD Electromotive force is just the force exerted on a wire that's moving through an electromagnetic field. Do you mean electromagnetic radiation (microwaves, radio waves, x-rays, etc)? If so, well, from a laptop... absolutely minimal. If you think you need a large number of repeated exposures to x-rays from an x-ray machine, the like they use in hospitals, to have a small chance of getting, I dunno, skin cancer, then the amount of radiation from household appliances (microwave excluded, that's slightly different) is tiny and you shouldn't worry about it in the slightest. If you go staring at active microwaves for hours at a time, for days or weeks, then yeah, chances are a bit higher, but microwaves are still relatively harmless. Less so than visible light, say, and we don't worry about the dangerous effects of visible light.

Star Safyre

Sorry, I meant Electromagnetic Fields and radiation.  I have a relative that was upset with me for learning that I would spend four to eight hours a day with a laptop on my lap, and I was looking for a study or an article that debunked or supported their concerns.  All I'm getting from them and my own searching seems hearsay.

I appreciate the information! 
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones