News:

Main Menu

Mangas you read

Started by Foxydemon911, July 12, 2020, 10:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxydemon911

What kind of mangas do you like to read and why?

I like them all but I mostly love yaoi’s
I love how after along time trying to make there feelings show. It all pays off at the end

I didn’t draw this

Strega

Hi and I wish you a speedy approval!

I haven't read any in a while I am afraid but I like anything that has a good deal of suspence. For example, Death Note was a manga I remember I devoured back then, read it in less than a week.

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Strega on July 12, 2020, 10:24:18 AM
Hi and I wish you a speedy approval!

I haven't read any in a while I am afraid but I like anything that has a good deal of suspence. For example, Death Note was a manga I remember I devoured back then, read it in less than a week.

Ever try parasite? That’s an good one I couldn’t stop reading that one

I didn’t draw this

Strega

No but since you suggest it, I will give it a try.

Nausicaa of the valley of the winds was a m a Z I n g as well. I finished this beautiful piece of creation and I did not know what to do with my life after that.

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Strega on July 12, 2020, 11:24:27 PM
No but since you suggest it, I will give it a try.

Nausicaa of the valley of the winds was a m a Z I n g as well. I finished this beautiful piece of creation and I did not know what to do with my life after that.

I think about it
What is it about?

I didn’t draw this

Strega

A war against those that want to destroy the forest.

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Strega on July 12, 2020, 11:47:13 PM
A war against those that want to destroy the forest.

Did they make a movie out of it? I think I saw the movie

I didn’t draw this

Strega

Actually, they made the manga because they wanted to make the movie!
The movie is amazing. The manga is extraordinary.

Foxydemon911

Yea I seen the movie maybe I will read the manga later
I have many yaoi’s I have to read first

I didn’t draw this

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Strega on July 12, 2020, 11:50:24 PM
Actually, they made the manga because they wanted to make the movie!
The movie is amazing. The manga is extraordinary.

Love the movie.. my favorite line in the movie is one officer going “That’s Lord Yupa, kill him and you’ll be famous” (theN runs away)

Strega

The concept of the toxic forest is what captivates me.
It is indeed a masterpiece.

Foxydemon911

One of the mangas I want to read is call Free!
Looks like a good read too bad that movie is all Japanese I mean I hate subtitles
I can’t read that face and watch the movie or show at the same time

I didn’t draw this

Strega

Yes, this needs some training, subtitle reading.
I remember when I was a student learning English, Japanese shows had the fastest subtitles I had ever encountered, you had to read 3 lines in a breath!

Eventually, it taught me to read faster. It helped a lot!
It is good reading practice, Foxy!

Foxydemon911

Ok maybe I try it later when everything at my house calms down

I didn’t draw this

Jag

As much as I love a good, complex story...I read a lot of fighting manga (and watch a lot of fighting anime). They do have good stories, but they are all basically the same. Strong opponent shows up, heroes get stronger, even stronger opponent shows up, etc...

Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Toriko, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Grappler Baki, and Holyland; just to name a few.

Re-watching the Toriko anime right now, but going to pick the manga back up soon. I never finished it, as it was till being put out the last time I read it. I would like to finish it since the anime was cancelled.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Jag on July 13, 2020, 04:54:09 PM
As much as I love a good, complex story...I read a lot of fighting manga (and watch a lot of fighting anime). They do have good stories, but they are all basically the same. Strong opponent shows up, heroes get stronger, even stronger opponent shows up, etc...

Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Toriko, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Grappler Baki, and Holyland; just to name a few.

Re-watching the Toriko anime right now, but going to pick the manga back up soon. I never finished it, as it was till being put out the last time I read it. I would like to finish it since the anime was cancelled.

Tell me what it’s about?

I didn’t draw this

Avernale

Toriko is "Basically Dragonball except" it's set in a world obsessed with hunting dangerous, giant monsters and turning them into mouth-watering delicacies.  Seriously, the more dangerous the monster is, the better it tastes, and the stronger it makes you.  Although the actual plot is more about tracking down a legendary ingredient that brought about world peace in the past in order to prevent some future calamity.

Foxydemon911

Sounds good but sad they didn’t just keep them as pets and not sure them as food

I didn’t draw this

stormwyrm

I tend to go for shounen, so right now I've been reading Berserk (one volume a month, up to volume 34), Seraph of the End, Made in Abyss, Kimetsu no Yaiba, and Rave Master. The last one's by Hiro Mashima, the guy who afterwards did Fairy Tail, and I noticed that he recycled quite a lot of elements in it to in Fairy Tail, and there are many shared characters in the two...
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Jag

Quote from: Foxydemon911 on July 13, 2020, 11:41:33 PM
Sounds good but sad they didn’t just keep them as pets and not sure them as food

Some of them do have beast companions. A Battle Wolf, an Emperor Crow, a Mother Snake, and a Wall Penguin; to name a few.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Foxydemon911

Quote from: stormwyrm on July 14, 2020, 01:25:35 AM
I tend to go for shounen, so right now I've been reading Berserk (one volume a month, up to volume 34), Seraph of the End, Made in Abyss, Kimetsu no Yaiba, and Rave Master. The last one's by Hiro Mashima, the guy who afterwards did Fairy Tail, and I noticed that he recycled quite a lot of elements in it to in Fairy Tail, and there are many shared characters in the two...

I wonder why he did that? Why not make it completely different with different characters. Sounds kinda lazy

I didn’t draw this

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Jag on July 14, 2020, 05:47:51 AM
Some of them do have beast companions. A Battle Wolf, an Emperor Crow, a Mother Snake, and a Wall Penguin; to name a few.

Oh I’m glad makes me happy. I want a battle wolf

I didn’t draw this

Avernale

A full-grown Battle Wolf is roughly the size of a small mountain.  The main character has a Battle Wolf puppy for a pet, which, last I saw, is larger than a horse.

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Avernale on July 14, 2020, 10:11:44 PM
A full-grown Battle Wolf is roughly the size of a small mountain.  The main character has a Battle Wolf puppy for a pet, which, last I saw, is larger than a horse.

I still want a battle wolf I take a puppy

I didn’t draw this

RedRose

It is rare that I get into it.

Beatrice is good. Villain's savior is great until i t isn't
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]