Favorite Romantic Pairings/Shippings! (For Fun! feel free to brag)

Started by Lustful Bride, January 06, 2016, 12:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Just thought that something nice and fun could be welcome here. And who knows, we may learn something or inspire someone to write something?

Anyway this is a thread to give people some space to gush upon their favorite Character pairings that either are canon, or pairings they wish would happen in their favorite shows/movies/etc. Why not just let loose and brag alittle about how much you love the idea of two people together?

So gush away and tell us abit of why you like them.  :-) *gushing intensifies*

For me, my all time favorite pairing would have to be two female characters from the show Steven Universe.

Buff Mom and Bird Mom <3  Otherwise known as Jasper and Pearl.

A neurotic yet loving Ballerina and a loyal but headstrong soldier. Theres just something about this pairing that I really love...well multiple somethings. The Size difference, the difference in ideologies that may be reconciled. In cannon they might have never been together, having come from a world with a harsh caste system,  and bringing in the fact that they fought on different sides of a war. Pearl was a rebel fighting the regime that kept her and others like her as a slave caste, while Jasper fought to enforce that system by order of her surperiors.

Yet I feel they could  fit well together with Pearl teaching Jasper to let go of her warrior mentality and Jasper teaching Pearl to be stronger on the inside and have pride in herself. Ahh it just feels like a blending of soo many many things that I love.

I'm just a real sucker for those forbidden romances and such... :-[ it pulls me in and fills my mind with romantic scenes. Especially with the whole thing of them being enemies, falling in love.

“Pearl, I'm a servant of the Authority. You’re Rebel Scu..i mean…you’re a Rebel soldier and a good one at that....oh fuck it...” *Jasper suddenly pulls Pearl close, staring into her eyes, with the same determination as she had on any battlefield, but with a touch gentle enough to hold a butterfly.

“I’m no good at this sentimental stuff....but I'm done with war, let’s make love.”

(*fans self and tries to resist squeeing like a preteen at a concert*)

Though to be fair, this pairing is followed very closely by Pearl/Amethyst.

Seress

So, watching The Blacklist and when I saw this thread I immediately thought of the pairings I have been hoping for during the show. Put them under spoilers since these are images taken from the series. :D

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
<---- James Spaders voice, I mean...  :-[

<---- These two together, I can't help but think they would be awesome!  :-*

Such a short gush, but I wants! D:

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Seress on January 11, 2016, 03:26:56 AM
So, watching The Blacklist and when I saw this thread I immediately thought of the pairings I have been hoping for during the show. Put them under spoilers since these are images taken from the series. :D

<---- James Spaders voice, I mean...  :-[

<---- These two together, I can't help but think they would be awesome!  :-*

Such a short gush, but I wants! D:

*Squee* I love that pair!

Nico

A favourite pairing?

Hannibal Lecter & Bedelia du Maurier

It is such an intense, destructive and erotic relationship - without being in-your-face sexual and a whole lot of 'romance with a twist'. Love it!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Nicholas on April 26, 2016, 01:11:07 PM
A favourite pairing?

Hannibal Lecter & Bedelia du Maurier

It is such an intense, destructive and erotic relationship - without being in-your-face sexual and a whole lot of 'romance with a twist'. Love it!

That show deserved much more love. ^_^ (I had originally thought I was going to hate it but I ended up downing an entire season in one night.)

Nico

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 26, 2016, 03:14:04 PM
That show deserved much more love. ^_^ (I had originally thought I was going to hate it but I ended up downing an entire season in one night.)
Agreed.

Even, when I think of it.

Hannibal, Bedelia and Will have this twisted Ménage á troi going on. Again, nothing sexual, but all the more erotic and destructive.

HannibalBarca

I'm not into Homestuck, but my son is, and therefore as a dutiful father, I have learned all of the Alpha kids, the trolls...I could go on and on.  However, from what I know of his favorites, I'd love to see Karkat and Tavros together, at least for his sake :P

“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Lustful Bride

Quote from: HannibalBarca on June 13, 2016, 01:46:56 AM
I'm not into Homestuck, but my son is, and therefore as a dutiful father, I have learned all of the Alpha kids, the trolls...I could go on and on.  However, from what I know of his favorites, I'd love to see Karkat and Tavros together, at least for his sake :P

Ive never been able to get into homestuck, but that sounds good :P

Its always good when a kid has somebody to share their geekyness with X3

I remember when I got into games I loved gushing about Halo and I actually got my dad into it X3 he even listened to the audiobooks. It led us to so many fun conversations and discussions.

Piper

Damon and Elena
Klaus and Cami
Tristan and Isolde
Green Arrow and The Huntress

dblkrose

"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

RampantDesires

I too ship Batman and Wonder Woman incredibly hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OybY_U5E-xU

Medusa and Blackbolt please me.

Cole and Phoebe from Charmed made my highschool heart break and thump.

Dresden Files: Harry and Molly.  I know, my husband has told me I'm a terrible person multiple times for this, but I've always loved them together, even when she was just his apprentice. 
So much rambling with spoilers

Now that she's the Winter Lady they need eachother even more.  She needs someone familiar with ties to her old life and this new one. Molly can love Harry for the man he is now, not the man he was, who he wants to or might but, but just HIM. And lets face it Harry needs to get laid so badly it's ridiculous :P

"But Rampant she's his best friend's daughter, she used to be his apprentice, it'd be weird ..." Don't care.  Either none of that matters or it makes it even hotter in my head :P I want these two together so badly it hurts.

The list is actually pretty endless but I'm going to cut myself off there.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

dblkrose

Quote from: RampantDesires on June 20, 2016, 07:06:56 AM
I too ship Batman and Wonder Woman incredibly hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OybY_U5E-xU

Medusa and Blackbolt please me.

Cole and Phoebe from Charmed made my highschool heart break and thump.

Dresden Files: Harry and Molly.  I know, my husband has told me I'm a terrible person multiple times for this, but I've always loved them together, even when she was just his apprentice. 
So much rambling with spoilers

Now that she's the Winter Lady they need eachother even more.  She needs someone familiar with ties to her old life and this new one. Molly can love Harry for the man he is now, not the man he was, who he wants to or might but, but just HIM. And lets face it Harry needs to get laid so badly it's ridiculous :P

"But Rampant she's his best friend's daughter, she used to be his apprentice, it'd be weird ..." Don't care.  Either none of that matters or it makes it even hotter in my head :P I want these two together so badly it hurts.

The list is actually pretty endless but I'm going to cut myself off there.

I so feel you on the Dresden Harry and Molly but Skin Games made clear Karen was it. Butcher put more in that dream sequence that I've ever seen him do regarding sex. I think Murphy and Kincaid would have been alright if Harry and Molly hook up.

I've been thinking how much I would love to do a role play in The Dresden Files universe.
"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

Piper

Knightshadow

My song for Piper:
"In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood."

Pablo Neruda

Willowisp

<Something Sweetly Witty or Cuttingly Charming>

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Willowisp on June 29, 2016, 08:41:46 AM

I can't help it... Dramione should be real. T.T

oohhh fascinating. :) That's what AUs are for! Anything is possible ^3^

Opposites attract does not even begin to cover this, the Wild Child and the Neurotic neat freak.

Amethyst and Pearl ~<3

Belle33

Oh wow - there are too many to mention, but here are a few of my favs:

Robin and Raven 

Harry and Hermoine

Mulder and Scully 

Rick and Michonne

Brienne and Jaime

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Belle33 on July 03, 2016, 07:09:47 PM
Oh wow - there are too many to mention, but here are a few of my favs:

Robin and Raven 

Harry and Hermoine

Mulder and Scully 

Rick and Michonne

Brienne and Jaime

Ricchone forever!

Also Tossing in one more. Josh and Sam form Until Dawn. *sad sigh* A love never meant to be...but we can dream. T_T

Lustful Bride

Been reading "Unbeatable Squirrel Girl" and now I have to ship Squirrel Girl with Dr. Doom.  X3  Oh god I'm so weird but at least I'm not the only one that ships them :P

Lustful Bride

Commander Shepard and Garrus Vakarian.  I cant believe I forgot to place these two adorable lovebirds here ^3^

SmokingCamels

I can't deny.  Jaime & Cersei Lannister

Judge Dredd & Judge Anderson :D

Sting & T'risselyn - Sting, the human Fighter that made his way to Menzoberranzan on his own.  He fought against T'rissylen's bodyguard in the arena, and killed the bodyguard with wooden sticks because the drow wouldn't let him fight with real weapons.  He took the former bodyguard's spot, and not only survived, but flourished for 10 years before a House war forced T'rissylen to flee to the surface.  T'rissylen is the first daughter of her house.  She was not a priestess or sorceress, but a Fighter herself, and found herself confused and fascinated by the Human that displayed superior skill.  Sting became the closest thing T'riss had to a friend and companion.  She treated him exceptionally well, including differing to him in private, giving him a personal tattoo instead of a House brand, and allowing him to travel all over without a slave collar.  Sting's loyalty has been tested numerous times.  He's proven he couldn't be bought (he stood next to the First Daughter and lived a life of luxury).  He couldn't be seduced (He desired T'riss, seeing her as the perfect woman).  He didn't want anything else, and for the most part, his job was pretty easy. 

Commander Shepard & Miranda Lawson

HannibalBarca

Obi-Wan/Anakin/Padme.  I've had a thought of this trio for some time.  The Prequels would have had so much more gravitas if Obi-Wan and Anakin had been romantically involved...forbidden because of their Jedi status and kept secret.  Seeing Obi-Wan say, "You were my brother Anakin..." and have it mean more than the metaphysical connection as warriors. Padme and Obi-Wan would still be friends and not connected romantically, so Anakin would be the bisexual axis of the three, and with his poor childhood and anger issues, would be unable to choose between either, but...Obi-Wan and Padme knew about each other and were okay with it.  What they weren't okay with was Anakin's increasing violent moods and troubles, and both could be even more ripped apart over it if they were in love with him.

Okay, there's a lot of room for creativity and replacement with the fairly crappy character development and romance in the Prequels...
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Lustful Bride

Quote from: HannibalBarca on October 19, 2016, 06:28:58 PM
Obi-Wan/Anakin/Padme.  I've had a thought of this trio for some time.  The Prequels would have had so much more gravitas if Obi-Wan and Anakin had been romantically involved...forbidden because of their Jedi status and kept secret.  Seeing Obi-Wan say, "You were my brother Anakin..." and have it mean more than the metaphysical connection as warriors. Padme and Obi-Wan would still be friends and not connected romantically, so Anakin would be the bisexual axis of the three, and with his poor childhood and anger issues, would be unable to choose between either, but...Obi-Wan and Padme knew about each other and were okay with it.  What they weren't okay with was Anakin's increasing violent moods and troubles, and both could be even more ripped apart over it if they were in love with him.

Okay, there's a lot of room for creativity and replacement with the fairly crappy character development and romance in the Prequels...

I like it! That's actually pretty good! ^3^

Though...wow...that makes me feel bad for Obi, when he had to fight Anakin...:(  I don't think id have the strength to do so.

And it makes abit more sense as to why Obi Wan would say that Vader killed Anakin beyond the whole "From a certain Point of view" thing. :/
He didn't want to admit vader and Anakin could ever be the same person.

Lustful Bride

Been watching a playthrough of Horizon Zero Dawn. I ship Nils and Aloy so much.

DelightfullyMAD

This is somewhat of a dated one (god I feel old sometimes), but I was always a fan of Vash/Meryl from Trigun.  It's one of my favorite anime from growing up, so it has kind of stuck with me over the years.

Having been rereading the Dresden Files... for like the fourth time, I find myself kind of torn on Harry/Molly or Harry/Karen.  Overall I like Harry/Karen more, but I have a kind of ominous feeling regarding the future of those two, and any one whose read the series knows all about Butcher's love for torturing Harry.  I hope I'm wrong in that regard, but I can't shake the feeling that something bad is about to happen.

As for Harry and Molly, it has been growing on me, and I do think that it does make a bit more sense from a more objective view.  Terrible viewpoint to approach romance, I know, but it does have better chances for the long term, given the state the characters are currently in (trying to keep spoilers down to a minimum.)

Now, from just a pure smut point of view, I actually kind of like the Harry/Lara Raith one.  No romance really, but the two do have a chemistry to them that it quite fun, especially given that they are pretty much in a constant Mexican Standoff situation with each other.  I doubt that will actually go anywhere, but there is plenty of material to work with.

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 12, 2016, 01:15:50 PM
Been reading "Unbeatable Squirrel Girl" and now I have to ship Squirrel Girl with Dr. Doom.  X3  Oh god I'm so weird but at least I'm not the only one that ships them :P

HA!  I didn't even think of that one, nice choice :D.  Given how OP Doom is, I guess it makes a certain kind of sense for him to fall for the one girl who can absolutely kick the crap out of him... off panel of course.  In that case though, I meet your Squirrel Girl/Dr. Doom, and I raise you Squirrel Girl/Thanos.  No fan art of it, unfortunately... quick, Internet, I demand Squirrel Girl/Thanos fan art! (waits expectantly)
Number of RPs I am currently doing: 0 out of 5

Curious to know about me?  Here's my introduction thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=266266.msg13136350#new

My schedule occasionally gets kind of hectic, so if I suddenly disappear for a period of time, not to worry, I am likely just working like a dog.  I will be back.