MGAP Roleplay Recruiting: Need Magical Girls & Monsters.

Started by Nazora, December 10, 2010, 11:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Bah. There's no religious overtones in my eyes. Besides I based the monster I made off a role playing game by white wolf. :-)

Haibane

Yeah, I know. I'm being a silly girl I guess. I should just grow up. Weirdly enough Japanese kami I have no issues with, probably because its nowhere near Christianity. I've even played a kami myself in one of my most successful games.

The use of manga/anime artwork helps a lot. I guess the game is set in Japan? If the demons and spirits are based off Japanese lore and mythology and their religion I'll be fine in fact!

Duh, silly me!

Laughing Hyena

Indeed. There's plenty of japanese folklore on demons. Just ask the ninja turtles on it.

Kappa!!!  ;D

Anyway Im not trying to step on toes or such or tell ya to grow up or such. Since there are hungry ghosts and such in this game already and demons called Mo or such I believe they are indeed of eastern origins and the use of japanese names suggests japan. Also I don't like upsetting people so..... *HUGS*

Nazora

No theological overtones in the monsters beyond Inuyasha type ideas based on Japanese lure. That works for me. The idea is good Laughing, as long as it doesn't become overpowered. I'm going to approve him, though I will say his appearance seems rather serious for this play. I'm curious as to how it will work. I didn't put out a template and rules for monsters so much of this confusion is my fault. As for powers, if it is fire related not something that can burn people to cinders in seconds. Fireball spells or even a fire burst around his body will be fine.

Okay, I have some prep work to do tonight, have no idea how long it will take me.  :P

Everyone feel free to put your profiles here.

Biles: Futa? Not sure it fits. Maybe as monsters, or at least humans who are mid-stage towards becoming a monster?
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Biles

Quote from: Nazora on December 18, 2010, 06:33:33 PMBiles: Futa? Not sure it fits. Maybe as monsters, or at least humans who are mid-stage towards becoming a monster?

Just wanted to know. But at least you gave me an idea though. Maybe I can be a breeding monster that futanarizes its victims who are then impregnated to produce offsprings who then goes forth seeking more host victims and such. The victim of choices tend to be female, futa, or traps.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Laughing Hyena

Anyway Nazora thats why I PMed you so I could console you on what is overpower and what's not. I just chose this picture because it was one of the few that still looked partially human and also wasn't like a giant hulking beast or oni or some other ogre like beast. The look of him has little to do with his powers. But the idea was perhaps Flame, Shadow and Manipulation. I'll go talk to Shihong since he has such detail on his own characters powers.

Nazora

Oh, I never thought any one would want to play the sidekick. But if someone wants to take over the sidekick I would be completely happy with that. Though I don't know if it would be all that fun to play.  :P

-------------------------------------

My Character:

Name: Haley Ozamaki

Height: 5’6

Weight: 121 pounds

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Basic description: When Haley took on the assignment of Magical Girl her hair became a brilliant bright blonde, her eyes crystal blue, and her skin tone a creamy peach. There had been other changes, larger breasts, wider hips, and a slimmer waist than  she had previously. The scientist at TAMGAP told her she was quite lucky to get such a comely magical girl form, that not all people were so lucky. Her slim and overtly feminine features make her look good in just about anything she wears. There’s no hiding her curves, or her big blue eyes.

Personality: None. Well, not exactly. She has a very dry personality and a somewhat unconcerned way of dealing with even the most intense situations. Nothing seems to make her overly upset. Laughing, crying, smiling, or any other sign of emotion is rarely shown on her face. Even the slightest break of her stoic expression is a rare sight. Her personality may not match her looks, but it was never meant to. She likes to give advice and teach others things she knows that they may not.

History: Haley doesn't like to share her family history or reveal anything about her family. Few people know she was an orphan at a very early age. She was born a girl, and get's very angry when a former male MGAP assumes that she was also a boy once.

Powers: Haley has some leftover powers, but they are severely diminished versions of standard MGAP powers.

---------------

Now, I haven't decided just what the magical girl powers are, but I figure to make a list of standard power types that an amount can be chosen from. Then, each person playing an MGAP can come up with one special power for their character that will be unique to them. At least that is what I'm thinking at the moment.

We might do the same concept for the monsters. Shihong has powers listed, but most of them seem fairly standard for monsters and the ones that are special, since he has two characters, that gives him two special abilities.

Let me know if you have any ideas for this basic structure of powers.

;D
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Videospirit

Who wants to be my characters best friend?

Or I could make 2 characters if both of you are up for it.

Laughing Hyena

Dunno if I would since i dont see a character sheet out there yet Video.

Nazora

Quote from: Videospirit on December 18, 2010, 07:58:24 PM
Who wants to be my characters best friend?

Or I could make 2 characters if both of you are up for it.

You wanted to play the male best friend of a transgendered magical girl, right? I think DKDBSD would be the one to consult on making a character, or pendarious. Good luck!
All about what I like!

Crovonovin

Actually, both of my characters are based from Chinese lore, not Japanese.  The more you know!

[Edit]

I think I have a way of explaining--and thus allowing--more traditionally Christian demons to be applicable to this game.  That isn't to say that religion would need to be mentioned, but that things like Succubi and fiery Infernals would mesh just as well with the other monsters.  Perhaps Eastern demons are those birthed from the land itself, and could be better described as "Evil Spirits", whereas Western demons are spawned from the vices and cruelties of humanity.  They act more like a disease, growing off from their "parent" humans or even infecting and transforming humans into more monstrous forms.  That would explain why they, like Hyena's character, look more humanoid than the primordial spirits of the East.  Of course Western demons can still be found in the East, and Eastern spirits in the West--it just means they've been traveling for awhile.   ;)

Would that explanation be suitable for everyone?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Nazora on December 18, 2010, 08:30:04 PM
You wanted to play the male best friend of a transgendered magical girl, right? I think DKDBSD would be the one to consult on making a character, or pendarious. Good luck!

Oh so that's why vid asked me. I'm completely fine with it him playing the best friend I want to be involved in awkward situations.

Quote from: Shihong on December 18, 2010, 09:55:25 PM
Actually, both of my characters are based from Chinese lore, not Japanese.  The more you know!

[Edit]

I think I have a way of explaining--and thus allowing--more traditionally Christian demons to be applicable to this game.  That isn't to say that religion would need to be mentioned, but that things like Succubi and fiery Infernals would mesh just as well with the other monsters.  Perhaps Eastern demons are those birthed from the land itself, and could be better described as "Evil Spirits", whereas Western demons are spawned from the vices and cruelties of humanity.  They act more like a disease, growing off from their "parent" humans or even infecting and transforming humans into more monstrous forms.  That would explain why they, like Hyena's character, look more humanoid than the primordial spirits of the East.  Of course Western demons can still be found in the East, and Eastern spirits in the West--it just means they've been traveling for awhile.   ;)

Would that explanation be suitable for everyone?

Does to me.
Quote from: Nazora on December 18, 2010, 07:07:03 PM
Now, I haven't decided just what the magical girl powers are, but I figure to make a list of standard power types that an amount can be chosen from. Then, each person playing an MGAP can come up with one special power for their character that will be unique to them. At least that is what I'm thinking at the moment.

We might do the same concept for the monsters. Shihong has powers listed, but most of them seem fairly standard for monsters and the ones that are special, since he has two characters, that gives him two special abilities.

Let me know if you have any ideas for this basic structure of powers.

;D

Well I have the intention of giving Riku Lighting and thunder styled powers.

Haibane

Wow, busy thread! That's good. Yeah, sorry everyone, I'm chilled now and all kinds of Asiatic spirits, ghosts and stuff is fine. If the school is in Japan then, and set in modern day, and we draw upon any local beliefs and mythology I'd be quite okay with that. 'Local' to include Chinese and other Asiatic mythologies as well, I guess!

I did think the same as Nazora, Hyena that the image of your guy in his demon form was quite dark. I just picked up this light comedic mood from Nazora's first post and have been thinking of a sidekick along those lines - cute and annoying with some good one-liners and witty comebacks. So, yeah, maybe we should try and head off towards the silly end of things than the darker end.

So I can play DKB's sidekick and a monster (I have an idea for it all worked out as its based on one I've played before). Don't know how much more time I can commit so I'm unsure if I could play a school girl as well but I could probably run a couple of NPCs/victims. However if girls are needed more than monsters I can do that instead.

Also; Nazora, your girl is super-cute!

Laughing Hyena

True. But all moments of darkness make light that much brighter.

Regardless the reason I chose this one was because it suits the powers I intend to give him, gives a good look to the character and also is one of the few "monster" like characters that resembles something human which is what his backstory needs. Not to mention all the other monsters were hulking brutes the size of cleveland that might break ladies up the pelvis if they tried... you know.

:-)

Haibane

So, have I got this right so far?:

Original MGAP - NAZORA

Magical Girl 1 (Main Protagonist) - DKDBSD

Love interest of MainProg (Female) -

Best friend of MainProg (Male) - VIDEOSPIRIT

Sidekick of MainProg - HAIBANE

Dean of the Academy (Evil Boss) -

Magical Girl 2 - PENDARIOUS

Magical Girl 3 - BEND

Other good friends (M & F) of Magical Girls -

Other students -

Monsters - SHIHONG, HYENA, HAIBANE

NPCs -

For what I have planned for the sidekick I think he/it would take very little effort to play and would require short posts. My monster may or may not have many scenes and could be dormant/resting in the times when other monsters are 'on stage' so I might have the room here to play another girl, perhaps the love interest (and now rival) of the main protagonist or if not, then the BFF of another MGAP.

Let me know which you need most Nazora.

bend

I'm applying to be the third magical girl! Former male too... Just give me some time to think the character out.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Laughing Hyena

bend

Name: Reiko Hami

Hair: Silver
Eyes: Light blue
Height: 153 cm
Weight: 55 Kg

Personality: Reiko used to be a man called Han, but when she changed gender her mind somehow got messed up and she changed personality, developing a very feminine behaviour. She's always cheerful and very girly, and sometimes she can be a bit naive. She's very bubbly, and sometimes she resembles the dumb girl stereotype.
When she manages to focus and leave the pink cloud she usually seem to live on, she can become a dedicated fighter and a formidable opponent.
She fights to protect the people she cares for, to stop the evil plans of her former kidnappers and obviously because the outfits are sooooo cute!!!
Despite this radical personality change, she still likes girls only.
Even if she usually looks dumb and silly, she is very skilled in using computers.

Appearance: Reiko is short and slim, overall beautiful even if a bit skinny. Her silvery hair is waist-long and she usually dresses in pink and frilly outfits.

History: Reiko was born as Han, son of a businessman from Kyoto and a lawyer from San Francisco. Han has always been an introverted guy, and often leant towards depression. His overall school productivity has always been average and he had few friends and even fewer love interests. However, he love computers and studied informatics.
Although his parents would have liked him to take over his mother's lawyer studio, Han was allowed to study informatics, and transferred over to his new school to study it.
One night when walking back home he was kidnapped by mysterious men and brought to a strange facility located in a warehouse somewhere. Here some kind of monster used strange drugs and hypnosis to transform poor prisoners into beautiful bimbo whores to serve his mysterious masters.
Han would surely have suffered the same fate if the MGAPs didn't attack the place and defeat the monster.
When they found him, he was already halfway throughout the transformation: he was already female, and his mind had been warped beyond recognition. Fortunately their powers allowed them to partially restore his mind, but he never recovered, becoming the girl he is now.

Powers: anything sparkly, glittery and girly will do.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Nazora

The character list Haibane posted is very close to my thoughts. The Dean is up for grabs still but either Hyena's current character or a character of Shihong's would be suitable for the role. Video spirit hasn't submitted a profile in the recruitment thread, so I'm waiting on that, but the part is his to take. Plus I need a little more information from bend, but the profile overall is good enough. Everything else looks about right. I have to update the front page!

Haibane, you could probably play both the monster and the sidekick without conflict, as the sidekick really won't be much help in battle. Lol.

I've been working on information for the character thread so everyone here can adjusts their powers and traits accordingly when they post their characters. If changes need to be made I'll PM them but I'm fairly easy to get along with and adjust on the fly.

I made a list of monster types but I didn't get to make any of the monsters I wanted to make! I'm sure I'll get a chance later. Regardless, the character thread will be up soon, please read it, and thanks to all the interest shown. I wish to thank each and every one of you. I hope to start crafting the locales and the first scene very shortly. Once the first locale and scene is set I will put up an OOC.
All about what I like!

Laughing Hyena

Well I dont mind playing the Dean as well as my renegade monster if you don't mind. May we see the monster types?

Nazora

I'm going to put them in the character thread.  ;) Working on that now.
All about what I like!

Nazora

The character thread is up.  ;D

Magical Maidens, Menacing Monsters (Character Thread)

And the name is probably not permanent. I just couldn't think of a better one. I just saw a similar name on an older role play and that always irks me, so now it is definitely going to be changed.    :o

It will become Magical Girl, Area Protector.
All about what I like!

Crovonovin

I have no problems taking up the mantle of the Dean if necessary, but if Hyena already has his eyes set on it I would be remiss in trying to grab it for myself!

Haibane

Oh no! My bad! Sorry everyone, I thought the demonic type guy Hyena had crated was the Dean.

I've changed my post, not that it matters much now that Nazora has set the record straight.

I think the Dean is a key character and we should have him played though, just so that he can mastermind what the monsters are doing; control them and give them an agenda or even 'missions'.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Nazora on December 19, 2010, 09:04:35 PM
The character thread is up.  ;D

Magical Maidens, Menacing Monsters (Character Thread)

And the name is probably not permanent. I just couldn't think of a better one. I just saw a similar name on an older role play and that always irks me, so now it is definitely going to be changed.    :o

It will become Magical Girl, Area Protector.

Awesome source I guess we all need a personal power.