News:

Main Menu

Walking Dead

Started by Kaizen, November 06, 2010, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Quote from: Silverfyre on December 05, 2010, 10:51:13 PM
Yet he honestly thought Rick was dead.  Not to mention, that kind of stress would do things like that.  Combat or any sort of "life and death" scenario like they are facing would trigger those types of reactions.  They both needed someone to cling to and Shane DID get them out of the city alive.  I think that plays out for something.

Don't get me wrong: it's douchebaggery all around but still believable.  Hence why I love the character.

I want to know how long before he looked to Rick's wife and thought to lose himself with her.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Silverfyre

Quote from: Marguerite on December 05, 2010, 10:53:10 PM
I want to know how long before he looked to Rick's wife and thought to lose himself with her.

A good question.  We don't have much of a time frame to work with but I'd say it was at least a month or so.  ~Shrugs~ I haven't read the comics yet (working on getting copies, they are hard to track down locally since the series came out and got rather popular) so maybe they have more of an indicator there?  But from the AMC adaptation alone, I still love the character.  His flaws make him great.

Ryven

Quote from: Silverfyre on December 05, 2010, 10:44:43 PM
Wait, what?  Stupidity?  How is Shane stupid?  He is a character ruled by his emotions, sure, but I hardly call him an idiot for what he has done.  He's a perfectly flawed human being, a rather refreshing character if you ask me.

I can't give details without giving spoilers to those who haven't watched.  In my opinion, however, he could have done so much more.  Also, in this particular situation, being ruled by ones emotions isn't the best state to be in.

Silverfyre

Quote from: Ryven on December 05, 2010, 10:58:39 PM
I can't give details without giving spoilers to those who haven't watched.  In my opinion, however, he could have done so much more.  Also, in this particular situation, being ruled by ones emotions isn't the best state to be in.

Hm, mind dropping me a PM?  I'm quite curious! :)

And there is no doubt being ruled by your emotions in that type of situation is not the best state of mind to be in, but that's what makes it so believable.  Not everyone is a hard core survivalist/ex-military/super man who can keep that emotional baggage in check.  I like that they went this route.

Marguerite

You can find the series on Borders or Barnes and Nobles.

Ryven

Quote from: Silverfyre on December 05, 2010, 11:00:11 PM
Hm, mind dropping me a PM?  I'm quite curious! :)

And there is no doubt being ruled by your emotions in that type of situation is not the best state of mind to be in, but that's what makes it so believable.  Not everyone is a hard core survivalist/ex-military/super man who can keep that emotional baggage in check.  I like that they went this route.

Done and done.

Bentley

Just watched the finale. Shane can go ahead and die and I won't mind.

I'm so glad Andrea was talked out of what she was going to do. She's probably my favorite character now.

Kaizen

What about the other unresolved issues?  The helicopter we saw in the first episode - where did it come from?  Merle - where did he go? Will we find out what happens to the vatos taking care of the senior citizens?

Damn you AMC...

Marguerite

Quote from: Bentley on December 06, 2010, 01:13:22 AM
Just watched the finale. Shane can go ahead and die and I won't mind.

I'm so glad Andrea was talked out of what she was going to do. She's probably my favorite character now.

I vote for Shane to die as well.

Quote from: Kaizen on December 06, 2010, 07:06:48 AM
What about the other unresolved issues?  The helicopter we saw in the first episode - where did it come from?  Merle - where did he go? Will we find out what happens to the vatos taking care of the senior citizens?

Damn you AMC...

I doubt the helicopter works if they are running out of gas.

Blitzy

The Season finale pissed me off. It was totally weak. =/ There was no real character depth added, except for one certain scene, and even that seemed to be pushed aside rather quickly.

I like the series, but I'm not sure for how long they can keep it going doing that stuff.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Ryven

Quote from: Kaizen on December 06, 2010, 07:06:48 AM

Damn you AMC...

That's what the second season is for! ;D

Kaizen

Quote from: Blitzy on December 06, 2010, 12:37:06 PM
The Season finale pissed me off. It was totally weak. =/ There was no real character depth added, except for one certain scene, and even that seemed to be pushed aside rather quickly.

I like the series, but I'm not sure for how long they can keep it going doing that stuff.

Really? I thought it was a good mix of 'what happened' (sorta) and the beginning flashback added some understanding and depth to Shane... and then the scene where he's drunk and appraches Rick's wife (can't remember her name) which leads me to agree with this:

Quote from: Star Sapphire on December 05, 2010, 10:23:43 PM
Screw Rick.  This show's really about Shane.

Quote from: Ryven on December 06, 2010, 01:06:10 PM
That's what the second season is for! ;D
Indeed, I can't wait... was it November when they're going to start again?  Too long to wait.

But overall, I thought it was great how they were given complete safety, and then it was taken away the next day. And the grenade... I totally forgot about the grenade.  Good stuff.

Envious

I don't understand the Shane dislike. If anything, the wife should be getting the shit. She's acting a total bitch to the man who saved her life and her sons life, because lets face it: she'd be dead if it weren't for him. So what if he said her husband was dead. Did you guys not see the hospital on the first episode? That place was a wreck. Who could have thought someone hooked up would survive alone in that situation? Yeah, she's using the whole 'you said my husband was dead' as an excuse, but really? She's acting this way out of fear that he'll tell her husband that they had relations. Who can blame Shane for acting so emotionally crazy when the wife is being such a bitch. His emotional strength during such a difficult time just did a 180 on him.

Jag

'The Walking Dead' finale breaks ratings records.

QuoteThe ratings for "The Walking Dead's" just-ended first season have been such that perhaps AMC is wishing that it had lasted more than just six weeks.

The anticipation for the season finale garnered six million viewers, according to the network, and it received the highest ratings of any basic cable show, ever, in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

To put those numbers into perspective, October's season finale of "Mad Men" had an audience of 2.44 million, according to TVbytheNumbers.com.

(read the rest by following the link I posted)
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ryven

Quote from: Envious on December 06, 2010, 02:34:42 PM
I don't understand the Shane dislike. If anything, the wife should be getting the shit. She's acting a total bitch to the man who saved her life and her sons life, because lets face it: she'd be dead if it weren't for him. So what if he said her husband was dead. Did you guys not see the hospital on the first episode? That place was a wreck. Who could have thought someone hooked up would survive alone in that situation? Yeah, she's using the whole 'you said my husband was dead' as an excuse, but really? She's acting this way out of fear that he'll tell her husband that they had relations. Who can blame Shane for acting so emotionally crazy when the wife is being such a bitch. His emotional strength during such a difficult time just did a 180 on him.

He could have done more to save his friend.  The man is clueless and turning into an emotional wreck which is not what the group needs.  Rick's wife owes him nothing.  Her debt has been paid in my opinion.

rustytiger

I love this series, my roommate and guys in my dorm got me hooked on the show. I was kind of disappointed in the final episode, but I mean now I want to watch the series even more! It the ending explained everything then I'm sure I would get bored with the series soon. What I want to know is what the Lab guys whispered into Rick's ear.
I'm slowly coming back after years long hiatus. Still going through all the new rules and updates so I'm sorry if I mess up.

Ons & Offs
Absences
Idea Thread

Ryven

Quote from: rustytiger on December 07, 2010, 10:00:17 AM
I love this series, my roommate and guys in my dorm got me hooked on the show. I was kind of disappointed in the final episode, but I mean now I want to watch the series even more! It the ending explained everything then I'm sure I would get bored with the series soon. What I want to know is what the Lab guys whispered into Rick's ear.

I'm willing to bet that whatever it was, it had something to do with where they should try going next.

rustytiger

That's what I was thinking too, but my roomie thinks that he told Rick that his wife is pregnant or something.
I'm slowly coming back after years long hiatus. Still going through all the new rules and updates so I'm sorry if I mess up.

Ons & Offs
Absences
Idea Thread

Avi

My girlfriend and I have gotten absolutely hooked on this show, and we can't wait to watch the season finale this weekend. XD  We don't get AMC at school, so we have to wait until it gets On Demand.  *has been diligently avoiding spoilers, for the most part*

I must say, Merle's brother has grown on me considerably.  That crossbow is just frickin' awesome.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Jag

Newest poll from The Walking Dead facebook page:

Which episode from the first season of The Walking Dead was your favorite?

1. Days Gone Bye     

2. Guts     

3. Tell It To The Frogs     

4. Vatos     

5. Wildfire     

6. TS-19 

I picked 4 (Vatos). What about you all?

Kaizen

Jag

Oh, and for all the Shane Haters...they did an interview with Jon Bernthal (Shane) and this is what he had to say:

QuoteQ: Having read the graphic novel? Were you surprised Shane made it through Season 1?

A: We're trying to create a world here where at any second you could get eaten by a f---ing walker. I think it helps, as an actor, to never know when you're going to get that next script and you're done. I remember people talking about that on The Sopranos: You never knew when you were going to get whacked, and there is something similar here. All I hope is that he earns his death. I think he's gotta go, but I hope we get as much out of this character as we can.

So apparently he thinks Shane needs to die too...:P

Here is the full interview if you all want to read it.

Ryven

*snerks*

That's saying something.  BTW, I like whichever episode had Merle hacking off his own hand.  I can't wait for him to show up again...because you know he will.

Jag

I think that was Vatos, Ryven.

I read through the whole interview and they asked him who is favorite Walker was...he said that one of the walkers outside the CDC was the executive producer's daughter and he got to shoot her right in the head. He thought that was funny. :P

Ryven

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 07, 2010, 11:51:36 AM
I think that was Vatos, Ryven.

I read through the whole interview and they asked him who is favorite Walker was...he said that one of the walkers outside the CDC was the executive producer's daughter and he got to shoot her right in the head. He thought that was funny. :P

LOL.  I want to be a walker. :-)