Comfort Officers of The Nova Fleet - [Sandbox, Freeform, Sci-Fi]

Started by MzHyde, May 16, 2014, 10:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montagne

Quote from: King Serperior on May 18, 2014, 01:39:03 PM
*laughs*  Let's see:

Nova -1-:  Unknown
Nova -2-:  COs treated like nothing more than fucktoys and have no rights.
Nova -3-:  COs treated like humans and are given the best treatment so that they provide the most pleasure to the guys on the ship.

Bonus chits on the Nova 2 for the ones who make them scream the loudest >:)

Vergil Tanner

Yhup. If I had to be a fucktoy, I'd go on Nova 3. At least they get meals and time for sleep. :D

Oh, and the crewmen on Nova 3 don't appear to be sadistic assholes. Lmao. I'm intrigued to see how the Nova 3 crew would react if somebody from Nova 2 came over and started abusing the CO's....would they shrug and continue on their way (since it's the crewmans right to treat the girl how he wants if he paid her a chit), or would they step in for whatever reason? Hm....something to investigate, perhaps.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

King Serperior

Quote from: Atlas on May 18, 2014, 01:40:36 PM
Bonus chits on the Nova 2 for the ones who make them scream the loudest >:)
Inhumane treatment that a CO comes to him about will mean that Dr. Crossweld will speak to the captain and possibly have that person's chits confiscated until he's learned how to properly treat a woman. 

I feel that those from Novas -2- and -3- will have a major conflict of interests and will not like each other too much.
Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 18, 2014, 01:42:51 PM
Yhup. If I had to be a fucktoy, I'd go on Nova 3. At least they get meals and time for sleep. :D

Oh, and the crewmen on Nova 3 don't appear to be sadistic assholes. Lmao. I'm intrigued to see how the Nova 3 crew would react if somebody from Nova 2 came over and started abusing the CO's....would they shrug and continue on their way (since it's the crewmans right to treat the girl how he wants if he paid her a chit), or would they step in for whatever reason? Hm....something to investigate, perhaps.
That would certainly be interesting, this conflict of policy.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Vergil Tanner

But....what if the Captain endorses such treatment, or just thinks that it's their right? I believe the captain is a PC, so that may not go as you imagine. After all, in this future women are seen as property, and if you pay them the chit, for that time they are your property and you can use them as you see fit. Methinks you may overestimate some of the human races compassion, especially on Nova 2. And if the Nova 2 Captain thinks in the same way as the sadistic assholes, then the only possible person who could overrule what he does on his ship would be the person in overall command of the Fleet...and we don't know who that is yet. :P He could withhold adequate treatment if they get injured, however. That would be an interesting abuse (or would it be an abuse?) of power. :P

But yes. A very interesting conflict indeed, haha.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Cal1496

Any severe damaging/ extreme ill-treatment of CO's on Nova 3 ( If I get the Captain spot that is) will be dealt with in the same manner that those on Galactica deal with Cylons :)

Because on 3 we may slap them around a bit, but we want them too be able to walk the next day

Montagne

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 18, 2014, 01:49:20 PM
But....what if the Captain endorses such treatment, or just thinks that it's their right? I believe the captain is a PC, so that may not go as you imagine. After all, in this future women are seen as property, and if you pay them the chit, for that time they are your property and you can use them as you see fit. Methinks you may overestimate some of the human races compassion, especially on Nova 2. And if the Nova 2 Captain thinks in the same way as the sadistic assholes, then the only possible person who could overrule what he does on his ship would be the person in overall command of the Fleet...and we don't know who that is yet. :P He could withhold adequate treatment if they get injured, however. That would be an interesting abuse (or would it be an abuse?) of power. :P

But yes. A very interesting conflict indeed, haha.

It would also require someone to report the abuse to someone in charge, and the captain/XO wont be, and the comfort officers wont be allowed anywhere near the comms system. Anyway, if they tell anyone, they're just hysterical female dissidents trying to subvert the Nova Corporation. Don't listen to 'em ;)

Quote from: Cal1496 on May 18, 2014, 01:54:48 PM
Any severe damaging/ extreme ill-treatment of CO's on Nova 3 ( If I get the Captain spot that is) will be dealt with in the same manner that those on Galactica deal with Cylons :)

Because on 3 we may slap them around a bit, but we want them too be able to walk the next day

Any attempt to disagree with the Captains policy on Nova 2 will result in Cyloning ;)

TheGlyphstone

Why do you need them to walk? :D It's not like they've got anywhere to go...maybe the weak pansies on -1 and -3 need their comfort girls to come to them, but the manly men of -2 can handle walking to the comfort chambers themselves.

Also, Space Medicine is very effective. It doesn't count as 'doing harm' if you can fix it afterwards.

Vergil Tanner

Man, Nova 3 is shaping up to be the Ship That All The Women Want, lmao.

And lmao, Andy would argue that real men don't have to force compliance on the women. Taking it by force just shows you can't get it any other way. ;)

MagicalPen

Any mistreatment of the CO's will result in Chips being revoked by the CEMO.

On NOVA 1 - its all about giving the CO's what they want, how they want it. A happy CO makes a happy Crew.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Cal1496

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 18, 2014, 01:58:10 PM
Why do you need them to walk? :D It's not like they've got anywhere to go...maybe the weak pansies on -1 and -3 need their comfort girls to come to them, but the manly men of -2 can handle walking to the comfort chambers themselves.

Also, Space Medicine is very effective. It doesn't count as 'doing harm' if you can fix it afterwards.

Never bring a black light to the comfort chambers on Nova 2....You WILL GO BLIND!

I was so tempter to start my guys name with an 'A' lol

Sweet, Christ, Nova 3 is the middle ground

King Serperior

Quote from: Atlas on May 18, 2014, 01:55:23 PM
It would also require someone to report the abuse to someone in charge, and the captain/XO wont be, and the comfort officers wont be allowed anywhere near the comms system. Anyway, if they tell anyone, they're just hysterical female dissidents trying to subvert the Nova Corporation. Don't listen to 'em ;)

Any attempt to disagree with the Captains policy on Nova 2 will result in Cyloning ;)
Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 18, 2014, 01:58:10 PM

Why, yes, Nova -3- wants them to walk afterwards.  Think of it this way:  A happy CO who is treated like a someone rather than a something will likely do her best to make whoever she is "comforting" feel like a king and double her efforts to make his experience the best he ever had.  It's not weakness to treat a woman like she is a person.  It is a strength to know when enough is enough and to give her a chance to recover and make the next time even better   ;)
Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 18, 2014, 01:59:55 PM

And lmao, Andy would argue that real men don't have to force compliance on the women. Taking it by force just shows you can't get it any other way. ;)
*laughs*  True indeed!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Vergil Tanner

Well, maybe not. If a CO doesn't wanna get fucked, then that might not make for a very happy crew :P

And yhup! Nova 3 looks to be the "you can slap em around, but don't go overboard." Although, looking at the people who are currently on Nova 3, there might not even be that much slapping around. :P

Montagne

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 18, 2014, 01:59:55 PM

This is a game essentially about space prostitution :P its not like the boys on 3 and 1 need to do much wooing either :P

Cal1496

Quote from: Atlas on May 18, 2014, 02:06:40 PM
This is a game essentially about space prostitution :P its not like the boys on 3 and 1 need to do much wooing either :P

Should have said space whoring, woulda been way funnier lol

Vergil Tanner

True, but as Andy's bio says....a CO that hates you might do her best to avoid you. And if she's good at it, good luck finding her :P

Besides, if the CO likes you enough, she may just waive the fee a couple of times for you :P

MagicalPen

Might be nice to wait for an OOC thread so people/the GM don't have to read through pages of banter to find important stuff.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

TheGlyphstone

-2 isn't that bad, I don't think. We're not talking SS Marquis De Sade here; a crew member who inflicts actual breakage on a CO is probably going to wish he'd never been born after getting whatever punishment Phillips hands out - that sort of environment is going to require equally brutal discipline, well beyond something tame like 'forfeit your chips'. The CO's aren't going to be lying in pools of their own filth or starved/sleep-deprived, they'll be give exactly what they need to remain healthy and functional for use, including regimenting 'recovery' periods if needed. But nothing more than that; they are organic machines to be used to keep the crewmen psychologically healthy.

And yeah...if there's any need to force a CO to begin with, something has gone wrong. Either the CO is refusing to do their job and thus in violation, or the crewman is trying to get free sex and thus effectively 'stealing' from the company.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 18, 2014, 02:10:28 PM
Might be nice to wait for an OOC thread so people/the GM don't have to read through pages of banter to find important stuff.

World-building is important, yo. :-)

Vergil Tanner

I agree with Glyph :D Surely it's a good sign when the OOC is as active as this? Besides, the posts are mostly one or two lines, so it isn't gonna take that much time to scan for important information. :D

Anyway...if the Captain doesn't find out, they can't get punished, is probably their logic. :P

MagicalPen

And best done by the GM, not the players, unless she asks for it, in an OOC post. I've already had one person mention to me via IM that they were wondering if they've missed anything important due to the rapid-posting in here. So, lets zip-it-up until an OOC thread is made. Don't want to overwhelm the GM when MsHyde comes on and sees 10 new pages of posts to go through.

This is the recruitment thread, not the OOC thread.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

IrishWolf

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 18, 2014, 02:01:19 PM
Any mistreatment of the CO's will result in Chips being revoked by the CEMO.

On NOVA 1 - its all about giving the CO's what they want, how they want it. A happy CO makes a happy Crew.

Indeed, no one wants to hear whining and complaining when the CO's have the opportunity to talk

Vergil Tanner

Somehow I doubt that a completely silent playerbase is what she wants; we're just chatting about what our characters would think, and debating the nature of the various ships based on who is where at this point in time. Personally, I don't see a problem with it....I've GMed more than a few RP's in my time, and I'd find it encouraging that the players are so enthusiastic. And waiting until an OOC post is made is really just delaying the problem rather than solving it. Really, what harm is it doing?

But, I see your point. May not agree with it, but I see it.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 18, 2014, 02:16:10 PM
Indeed, no one wants to hear whining and complaining when the CO's have the opportunity to talk

Solution 1: Make sure they have nothing to complain about.
Solution 2: Make sure they can't talk.
>:)

Agreeing with Vergil...I see Pen's point, but I think this sort of proactive development is healthy for the game. MsHyde can always veto stuff we've 'agreed' on, but the more that is discussed openly in the Recruitment, the fewer questions prospective players will have later on.

Cal1496

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 18, 2014, 02:20:13 PM
Solution 1: Make sure they have nothing to complain about.
Solution 2: Make sure they can't talk.
>:)

Agreeing with Vergil...I see Pen's point, but I think this sort of proactive development is healthy for the game. MsHyde can always veto stuff we've 'agreed' on, but the more that is discussed openly in the Recruitment, the fewer questions prospective players will have later on.

Ya, reading what you missed as GM can be a pain, but it beats the hell outa coming home and finding your interested thread hasn't moved at all lol

IrishWolf

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 18, 2014, 02:11:19 PM
SS Marquis De Sade

I'm going to have to remember that name/idea for a later roleplay, heeheehee

And as a GM in another game, I have to agree with Cal1496, I would much rather come home to find my thread blown up by possible players talking about the game, rather then a thread which has no new posts.