Feminists, man and woman, male and female...

Started by Vekseid, May 29, 2006, 03:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

So, something that perpetually amuses me is when a feminist decides that woman is derived from man, and therefore decides to call herself a womin, womyn or whatever.  Nevermind that man originally meant 'person' and that werman and wyfman meant the male and female owners of a household, respectively.  Wer now survives in words like werewolf and such, while wyfman became wife and woman.  It's just a figure of usage, and there's nothing inherently sexist about it.  Languages can revert changes, too.

Female and male, on the other hand...

The prefix 'fe', which you find in female, feminist, fetus, fellatio (see avatar), and others, comes from the Proto-Indo-European root word dhehi.  Which means, to suckle, or suck.

I find it amusing that some feminists leave 'suck' in their own identification while at the same time picking on a pure, innocent word for derision.

Moondazed

Now, now, we both know why they do that... it's our instinctive drive to suck *grin*
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Swedish Steel

Oh really? I think I shall inform my lady friends of that. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Moondazed

Go ahead, I was kicked out of the women's union long ago :P 

I only wish men were as orally fixated!  Instead they worry about the fact that they can't pleasure a small mare *giggle*

I'm just kidding, this seems like the perfect threat for such things.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Hunter

Swedish Steel

I am oraly fixated. I just tend to get lock jaw after 30 minutes or so.  :-\

On Off page:

Moondazed

See?  Yet another way in which men who roleplay are superior to the mundane... *kisses the orally fixated in turn*

Swedish Steel

Yay! Always suspected I was superior, but now I know!  ;D

On Off page:

Hunter

And knowing is half the battle!  *lip locks with moondazed*

Moondazed

*snuggles close to Hunter*  Roleplayers are more creative too :)

Hunter

That's because our minds can do things our bodies sometimes can't.

Swedish Steel

Oh I see how it's gonna be, freeze out the silly Swede. Fine! *mutter mutter grumble grumble*

On Off page:

Moondazed

*reaching out to the sexy Swede, still snuggling Hunter*  Aww... I'll bet Hunter will share... I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to amuse both of you ;)

Swedish Steel

Really? How'd you do that? *innocent look*

On Off page:

Moondazed

*giggling at your attempt to look innocent*  Sorry honey, that's not a role that I'm going to buy you playing!

Now... where to begin... *eyeing Swedish and Hunter hungrily*

Moondazed

We're going to get in trouble for not following the topic of the thread *grin*

*realizes that she's not in any threesome threads at the moment*

Elvi

*grants moondazed's wish and reminds them that there is plenty of places for them to be 'off topic'*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Soulsemmer

Quote from: Hunter on May 29, 2006, 04:02:13 PM
And knowing is half the battle!  *lip locks with moondazed*

Okay there, G.I. Joe.
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: Hunter on May 29, 2006, 04:13:05 PM
That's because our minds can do things our bodies sometimes can't.

got that friend... and the older we get the more takes over. Why I'm almost pure thought now ;D
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

RubySlippers

Well I'm a feminist and gay but am not nuts. I feel seriously most contemporary feminists lost their roots to promote the equality and authority of the sexes not place one as a villian. I'm not a victim or subjugated or better than a man I'm just different. A woman is different than men that's fine. I don't think we should serve in hard military combat duties, hold jobs when they make allowances for women by lowering standards or necessarily do jobs men are clearly better at. Likewise women are better than men at some jobs for example customer service my intended industry is more strongly covered by women. That's also fine.

And in my opinion most feminist thinkers are poor ones most of their science is second rate, most of their conclusions dubious and some are just not realistic. Add to this we in the United States who support feminism have no clue what it means to be a woman in other countries. I met women from India they are more concerned rightly with given women more rights to refuse marriages, basic education, jobs for themselves and their daughters and family planning not being equal with men jsut getting more than they have would be a step up. They can't afford the ivory tower thinking of the United States Feminist Academy.

Praxis

Quote from: moondazed on May 29, 2006, 03:44:52 PM

I only wish men were as orally fixated!  Instead they worry about the fact that they can't pleasure a small mare *giggle*

You're talking to all the wrong men.

Moondazed

Maybe I am *grin*  As I said many posts ago... men who roleplay are definitely superior!