The Jade Jaguar (Shadowrun 5e, NC)

Started by PixelatedPixie, March 10, 2018, 12:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

Hello!

This will be a Shadowrun 5th Edition game, with the plot focus on one (or more if things last that long) robberies/heists. 

GENERAL CONCEPT
My intent is for the game to progress through the information gathering, preparation work, execution, and aftermath stage.  The characters will be given a goal with some limited information, and it will be up to the characters/players to decide how to gather information and what course of action to pursue.  I am hoping to find people who won't get stuck with analysis paralysis, but also won't go entirely off the rails. 

The background plot that all characters will share is that they are in heavy debt after a failed run or some other activity.  The debt could be to the Mr. Johnson they are dealing with, or it could be to someone else and he has acquired it or offered to pay it off, regardless the characters are being forced to work cheap.

SMUT
The game will be rated non-consensual exotic, and the intent is to have a reasonable amount of smut.  That said, smut is intended to be the result of the plot and not the sole purpose of the game.  I see the smut generally occurring in two situations, when the character(s) are defeated, and the odds will be stacked against them, or when the character(s) are forced to use their body to carry out the mission. 

It should be mentioned that I prefer M/F content, and in the GM role I prefer to (mostly) have male antagonists.  So I prefer female characters (I don't care what the player is), though I am not flat banning male characters.  I just, because of my own on/offs, can't guarantee the same type/level of content for a male character.

SPECIFIC CONCEPT
Sea-Tac International Airport was hardly a low-key meeting spot, even if they were meeting in a small hangar on the edge of airport's grounds.  The sprawling structure was empty except for a single table in the middle of a space meant to hold multiple aircraft.  On the table, spread out with careless precision, were pictures of a jade statue of a jaguar from multiple angles. 

The runners were barely given time to look at the pictures before the limousine pulled up, rolling into the hangar and up to the table before it came to a stop.  The door opened, and out stepped a human woman with blonde hair and a body that had been sculpted to perfection.  A revealing dress clung to her curves, and while she appeared unarmed, there was something about the way she held herself that screamed high-end security.  She held the door open as Mr. Johnson hopped out.  A dwarf in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, he wore a set of dark sunglasses and had a briefcase in his hands. 

"Good good, you're all here."  He mumbled, even as a second woman, a twin of the first except for a head of red hair, climbed out and took up station behind him.  "The Eighty-Eights hired the Blood Mountain Boys to steal some cargo that was being smuggled into town.  The statue was supposed to be a gift, so get it back.  You have ten days."  He tossed the briefcase onto the table, then turned to climb back into his limousine.  "Don't screw up, and don't call me unless you have the statue.  I'm on vacation."  With that, he was gone.

APPLICATION AND CREATION
I am not going first come first served, and will be keeping things relatively small.  I am also not looking for a character sheet right off.  I am mainly looking, to start, for a Name, Metatype, Role, and brief Description/Background.  The Role should be something like Face, Rigger, Street Samurai, etc. 

A character does not have to be an experienced runner.  Other concepts could certainly be interesting.

I will be using the Prime Runner alternate creation rules.
If you want to use something from anywhere other than the core rulebook, please specifically mention/source it so that I know where to look.

AndyZ

Posting interest ^_^ Probably going to go with an elf gunslinger adept.  Will have to ponder story and such, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Thorne

Hm. I /do/ have a Black Ops type elf I've been trying to rehome...
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Merdoroli

Dang it yall. How can I be an elf if both of you are? We can't have a full elven party.

>.>
<.<
>.>

Or can we?

Lol. I'm posting interest as well. Let me get re-acquainted with the shadowrun rules and I'll post a character asap.

AndyZ

We need to be a party of all elves and refer to ourselves as The Shelf.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Drowdeviant

*plants interest flag*

Got my alluring german elf femme fatale adept assassin all ready to go. xD

Quote from: AndyZ on March 10, 2018, 03:02:29 AM
We need to be a party of all elves and refer to ourselves as The Shelf.

Boo! Think up a better name! xD
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Re Z L

Hmmm...  I'd be interested in doing a spirit-based mage  :)

Elf of course  ;D
A&A

Merdoroli

A start for the character. More will be added or changed as I fully make a character sheet. If. If I fully make a character sheet.

Name: Jade Bahar

Metatype: Elf

Role: Street Samurai

Brief Description/Background: Callous and generally quick to anger, Jade is almost always drinking and getting into a fight. Her impatience leads to her getting in in trouble more often than she should but with the help of her cybernetics and a good sword she also tends to make her problems disappear. Jade is pushy and temperamental. She gets along with a group when needed, but generally prefers to just go it alone. She doesn't have to worry about her partner(s) getting shot and her losing her paid day that way.

Thorne

Well, at this point, all we need is a troll. He provides the muscle, and all the invisible elves mow things down around him.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

AndyZ

I was actually thinking we may need a hacker...

Thorne

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

AndyZ

Quote from: Thorne on March 10, 2018, 03:48:46 PM
I might know just the guy... >.>

Switching your concept, then?  I can try for a Technomancer, but if you're already working on it...

Thorne

Quote from: AndyZ on March 10, 2018, 04:15:26 PM
Switching your concept, then?  I can try for a Technomancer, but if you're already working on it...

Actually, I prodded a friend.
No idea if he's actually going to jump, but ... I prodded a friend.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

AndyZ

Let me know ^_^ I can always swap my idea.

My current concept can work as either male or female; waiting to see what everyone is going for.  I'm not really into NC or prostituting my character, so if I go female, she'll probably just eschew most sexual situations anyway.

Thorne

Generally, I wouldn't worry too much; one way or another, it will work out. Before I forget, here's mine..

Meztli, elf black-ops.

Used to the clinging heat of the South American jungles, the cool, wet air of Seattle was a hard shock for the tall, bronze-skinned elven assassin. Meztli had time, but no contacts, had resources, but no outlets, so it took a little while to get her head around the way things worked this far north. The irony of her situation was not lost on her; she who had been responsible for the failures of dozens of shadowrunners, was now to become one. She who had protected corporate secrets from rivals was now going to be one of those who stole them.

Meztli is a tall, bronze-skinned elf, black-haired and amber-eyed. Her mods are largely the invisible kind, save the slit-pupiled cat eyes that give her their superior night vision. She favors dark grey, tailored body armor, but will make do with literally anything she can find, these days.
She is sniper, assassin or lookout as needed, and generally prefers to operate with stealth and a certain professional focus, but the fact is that cool façade conceals a considerable amount of unease and inexperience; she has been out of her depth ever since she crossed the border.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

PixelatedPixie

I am fine with an entire party of one race, elves or otherwise, if that is what ends up happening.  It could potentially even turn into a plot hook of some sort or other.

So the concepts submitted so far, unless I missed any, are:

Merdoroli
  Elf Street Samurai
Thorne
  Elf Black-Ops

Ideally, and I know mention has been made of some of them, a dedicated Face, Decker/Techomancer, Rigger, and Spellcaster would be useful.  Though I am fine running without a properly balanced group, or with multiple of some, if that is how things work out.

AndyZ
I will do my best to tailor things to an individual on/off list, though I can't guarantee smut won't be taking place in threads (I may or may not switch threads or spoiler some content depending).  That said, if you aren't interested in smut (at least of the types specifically mentioned), a male concept might be better.  But when it comes down to it, you should go with whatever you think you would enjoy most.

AndyZ

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on March 11, 2018, 12:20:20 AM
AndyZ
I will do my best to tailor things to an individual on/off list, though I can't guarantee smut won't be taking place in threads (I may or may not switch threads or spoiler some content depending).  That said, if you aren't interested in smut (at least of the types specifically mentioned), a male concept might be better.  But when it comes down to it, you should go with whatever you think you would enjoy most.

Just getting a feel for your personal preferences ^_^ Sounds like I'm best off going male, and more than happy to do so.

LSWSjr

I got a pair of gals ready for this game, depending on what roles need filling :)

Name: Alexandra Rose Tritton
Handle: SH!TSL!NGER
Metatype: Elf
Role(s): Street Doc

Name: Dandai Morrse
Handle: Magenta Monk of the Silken Eyes
Metatype: Human
Role(s): Adept

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

PixelatedPixie

Had you decided on a character role AndyZ?

Did you have a preference between the two LSWSjr?  And did you have a background for your preferred character?

AndyZ

Seems like we've already got plenty of adepts.  I guess I'll give Male Human Technomancer a shot ^_^ Goes by Smiley and uses a Smiley face icon.

Edit: I may go Decker instead of Technomancer.  Reading over the rules for Technomancer and some of this seems confusing.  But I can do a Hacker either way.

Edit Edit: Actually, not really feeling a Hacker...

AndyZ

Zaer Darkwail

Do you accept total newb to the system? Or someone who's sheet needs made by someone else :P. I just like Shadowrun universe but haven't played any systems of it....

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on March 13, 2018, 12:51:07 AM
Is Re Z L still going for Mage?

Yup, shaman stuff--so summoning mostly, and probably a pretty good fill for a face for the group too
A&A

Diabolus Lupus

If someone has a way to share source books, I would like to roll up a troll or minotaur if that is allowed. And if no one has claimed it yet I wouldn't mind trying my hand at being the face, especially cause I think it would be funnier with the elf group.

Merdoroli

I wouldn't mind helping make your character sheet Zaer Darkwell if you needed it. I actually enjoy making characters. I'd probably have to ask a billion questions to make sure I make something you like. But if you're okay with that I'm happy to help.

I'll also send a link to the core rulebook pdf to you lupus in pms.