Becoming a Queen (UN, F for M/F)

Started by Beorning, June 22, 2012, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Here's a plotbunny that I literally got from a dream of mine...  ;) I thought I could share it and see whether anyone would be interested in a story in that vein.

In this story, my character is a woman who suddenly finds herself thrusted into the role a literal queen. As the story starts, she's an ordinary person... who, unexpectedly, is named as a ruler of a country. She may be a suddenly-identified member of some dynasty - or, maybe, a prophecy points to her as the destined ruler? In any case, my character doesn't have a choice: she is inducted as the queen. She cannot turn this role away. But that doesn't mean she likes it... And this is what this story is about: about an ordinary person finding herself in a whole new life that is both a privilege and a very constraining duty.

You probably noted that I'm not saying anything about the story's setting so far... The reason is, I'm flexible here :) This could well be a fantasy story, but it could also be some sort of sci-fi (Dune comes to mind...), or even something semi-realistic. Whatever we like :) The only requirement is that the story feature at least some aspects of monarchy. Similarly, I'm open as to what kind of content would this story contain - it could be anything, really. Finally, I'm open as to what role or roles would my writing partner play... There are many possibilities here.

Would anyone be interested in such a story? If so, please PM me :)