What are friends these days

Started by pandaandthelion, July 01, 2011, 10:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandaandthelion

Seriously what are friends these days i mean all they seem to do is stab you in the back or treat you bad/use you, I'm so angry at one of my supposedly best friends, i was on msn and one of our other friends was online and i found out the best friend was over that friends house for the night and i said to the friend to tell my bestfriend to check her facebook messages nicely and my bestie must have taken the laptop of my friend and type this to me "well i have a life unlike you,and sits on the computer all fuckking night on your big bum so sorry if i dont reply to your message".

Now im saying this i would never say that to one of my best friends, the way she treats me uses me to go see her boyfriend every day she comes over to see me she will see me for maybe like half an hour then go off to her boyfriends then come back an hour or so before her mum picks her up so not sure if she is using me but it honestly feels like it she always did it even when she said she wouldn't, now i know what your think why couldn't she just go see her boyfriend other days its because her parents hate the guys she was with and didn't want her to date him but they did, now i know things that her parents don't and at the moment i really feel like telling them everything because she treated me like nothing

so yeah I'm just asking for some adive with what to do, she is supposed to be my best friend i do everything for her i mean if she need a place to stay the night she just comes over and expects me to be okay with it, and them i mean she still hasn't got me a birthday present and its been nearly 7 months since she promised me the present, so yeah just wondering what i should do

Beguile's Mistress

Write her off as a friend.  Lock the door and turn out the lights next time she leaves your house to visit her boyfriend.  She doesn't deserve a good friend like you and you don't deserve to be treated the way she is treating you.

Oniya

*agrees with BM*  When her mum comes to pick her up, she'll have to explain why she's sitting outside your locked door.  Maybe even put a note on the door saying you went out after she left.  (even if you're really sitting inside)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

pandaandthelion

Oh yeah forgot to mention he dumped her, so i can't do that now and she tried to call me last night but i couldn't answer because my phone never went off because i had no reception in my room at the time, and even if she did call i probably wouldn't have answered her anyway i was too pissed off and sorry if you think this is childish but this is my way of venting instead of hitting something or something i talk about it

Oniya

Hey, no problem.  Venting is good - keeps things from exploding.  :D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Saerrael

Friends, now and ever, are those who stick by you in both good and bad times. Who share your smiles and your tears willingly and wouldn't wish to miss a thing. They accept you for who you are and aid you in becoming more.

Anyone you call a 'friend' but who does not follow the above, isn't a a real friend and probably not worth your time.

Malefique

Everybody is giving you some good advice here.  Me, I'd wait till I'd calmed down (and by all means vent some more if it's helping, personally I find making bread helps because you can give that dough the beating your so-called friend deserves and wind up with something good at the end).  Then I'd see her face to face.  Messages can be misinterpreted or twisted.  It might be as well if you met her somewhere public so she can't make too many claims about what you did or did not say or do.  Then tell her to her face that your friendship is over, and why.  A friend is not simply a convenience or a tool for your use; friendship is about being supportive to each other and not hurting each other.  If that isn't what she wants, tell her to look elsewhere.
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

Oniya

Quote from: Malefique on July 02, 2011, 04:26:23 PM
personally I find making bread helps because you can give that dough the beating your so-called friend deserves and wind up with something good at the end

+1  ;D