Some Random Thoughts

Started by Random, April 07, 2008, 05:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random

I'll keep all my multi-player ideas in this thread. Keep looking to see if there's something here you like!

I try to incorperate as much description, emotion and detail into my posts as I can, and though I may sometimes be lax, or my brain has slushed over and is threatening to run out of my ears, I feel somewhat comfortable in my ability to maintain. I would appreciate those of you who are interested in taking on one of these stories with me to be in the same boat. If you will not or cannot make the effort to bring the story to life, I must politely decline your request for involvement.

With Liberty and Injustice

Sunday, December 13, 1998. The front page headline of the Sunday Times read Local Student Found Dead. The story went on to divulge that it had been a scandelous murder, committed by one of the small town's "Teenage Occult-obsessed Goth freaks," as quoted from the victim's best friend. Though details of the murder were scarce in print, by the afternoon the whole town knew that the victim had been bludgeoned and horribly mutilated, found with the murderer still at the scene. It had been the screams coming from the backyard of the victim's home that led the neighbors to alert the authorities, and there they found the body of seventeen-year-old Destiny Hawthorne, homecoming queen, tied to the ancient white oak that stood tall and proud among the landscape... and hooked to the back bumper of her father's vintage '69 Mustang, parked some twenty feet away. The only thing connecting the body as it splayed over the expanse of the backyard was the long, bloody, worm-like intestines. Huddling on the steps leading up to the back porch was sixteen-year-old Charlotte Mills, Westwood High's perfect little outcast. The baseball bat that had been used to bash Destiny's head in lay at her feet, staining the concrete crimson, and she was rocking back and forth, mumbling, looking a real mess. She was incoherrent but cooperative, and so the police took her in to the station for questioning. Her prints turned up on the ball bat, and so it was deduced that she had been the one behind the horrific crim.

The two of them had been friends in school, much to the surprise of those that knew both of the girls. The victim was bright, studious, charming, well-rounded... the ideal teen queen. The accused was not one of the more popular girls, nor was she smart, nor horribly attractive. Her interests included anything and everything dark and haunting, and it had been rumored that she had dabbled in forces in which no one should dare dabble. Some called her unstable; others called her misunderstood; most called her an attention leech. Her appearance always utilized black clothing in some form or another, and her hair, once a dirty blonde, had been dyed jet black to round out the obsidian look. Even her eyes were black, their natural blue covered by cosmetic contact lens. Before her mishap at the Hawthornes', she had taken to painting her face liquid-paper white, giving her that truly vampiric feel.

The rumors about Miss Mills were, unfortunately, true, though she had ceased her experimentations when a horrible figure began plaguing her, lingering constantly. Charlotte could not explain where it had come from, for it it was, taking neither prominent male nor female characteristics, and she only referred to it as a man because of the deep, growling voice. He was a gruesome character to have to deal with on a daily basis: scarred, mutilated, constantly bleeding from wide patches of skinless muscle... but it was the eyes that haunted poor Charlotte most, for they were as liquid-paper white as her face had been. He imparted upon her the knowledge that he was simply known as Wrath.

"For it was wrath that summoned me to this plane and bound me to your services..."

But Wrath was not in Charlotte's servitude long. He craved carnage, and on the night that Charlotte had gone to visit Destiny and work on a school project together, he reared his head and fulfilled his desires. Charlotte had confided in Destiny her wrong-doing, and of the spell she had performed that had brought Wrath forth. She was tired of being picked on and harassed, and she wanted to inflict cruel punishment upon those that had hurt her. But now, haunted as she was by the ravaged being, all she wanted was to be free of him. Destiny, acting as if playing along in a child's game because of her utter disbelief in the Occult, witchcraft, spell-casting and pagan rites and rituals, convinced Charlotte that she should just simply send Wrath back to wherever he came from. But the supernatural entity would have nothing of it. He terrorized the girls, and the end result was what the Westwood P.D. discovered.

Charlotte was not put on trail due to her irratic behavior and her underage status. She was sent, instead, to Westwood Mental Facility, locked away in her own little padded room and fed three square meals a day. Wrath had used her as a gateway into the world of the living, making himself whole and complete, and it had rattled Charlotte's brain, turned her into nothing more than a babbling fool. Her family had moved away in shame, leaving her utterly alone in Westwood, with no one to care for her. Wrath was free to reign in terror over the small, prim town, but it was Charlotte's blood he craved most. Many had died at his hands, many more had died trying to stop him. Some thought they had, but there was only one who knew the key to destroying him forever, for sending him back to where he could no longer hurt, rape, and kill.

She had sat in a padded cell in Westood Mental Facility for ten years now.

Charlotte spoke little these days, if at all. To appease her, the staff brought her a newspaper daily, and clippings from every morbidly gruesome killing had been taped to her wall, for she knew who was behind it. There was only one thing anyone could ever get out of her anymore, and it only seemed to come from those soft lips as she sat huddled on the floor, staring forlornly up at her wall of horror: "What have I become, my sweetest friend? Everyone I know goes away in the end..."

It's a modern-day slasher flick type of roleplay. Lots of suspense, action, running around with an escaped crazy lady, and the like.

The part of Wrath has been filled by Kazyth.

The part of Daniel Moore, our hero orderly, has been filled by Cutter.

Could also use a few filler people. Maybe another orderly or two that's going to help our "hero orderly" in his mission to keep Charlotte safe. If you don't have a problem with your character being killed, that would be a plus, because I would really like to play this out like your classic horror movie.

More Characters
Erin McRee, female orderly and friend to Daniel Moore, played by Maeven.
Erin Mcree was raised in a very small southern town – somewhere in say, North Georgia. She has a southern accent that has been genericized (yes I just made a word up!) somewhat but it still slips in sometimes when she is very tired or frightened.  Her dream as a little girl was to become a veterinarian.  She was the type to bring home every stray cat or dog as a child.  Unfortunately, her parents were not very encouraging and at some point, she decided she would like to be a nurse instead.  She is trying to save up enough money for school.  She takes a few classes at the local community college but not a full load since the work she is doing doesn’t pay much.  She has essentially cut herself off from her unsupportive family – which suggests her inner bravery. 

Physically she stands about 5’4 but has always struggled with her weight so she tries to run and exercise as much as possible although, admittedly, she is not very dedicated.  At the present time, she is just slightly overweight and could be described as almost frumpy but she conceals it well underneath the hospital uniform.  Her hair is medium brown and falls to her shoulder blades and she usually wears it in a ponytail.  She has clear skin and light brown eyes with a petite nose and small mouth.  Her breasts are average in size and she never exposes them with low cut shirts or anything of the sort, even when not at work. 

Her physical appearance, coupled with her parent’s lack of attention and her overly kind soul make her slightly needy and somewhat clingy.  She has always had feelings for Daniel that went beyond the coworker relationship but she has never revealed them directly although, it has been apparent to some of the staff that she cared a little too much.

SerpentKiss

Random

Maeven

This sounds like a lot of fun, Random! I'm up for playing an extra character and if she falls victim to Wrath, so be it.

Wrath sounds alot like Dexter's "Dark Passenger" (albeit a little less controlled) and I'm completely obsessed with all things Dexter. (Books and HBO Miniseries)
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

SerpentKiss

She could be another cell dweller...if it's a women's asylum. Unless you want to play one of the male orderlies Maeven

Random

I'm not familiar with Dexter, unfortunately.

You're in, Maeven! I'd like you to play an orderly friend to our hero orderly, whenever we get him lined out. You can play male or female, doesn't matter to me.

SerpentKiss

Yay...I've decided, the quicker people join, the longer they survive...so the most reluctant members I'll kill off first *squinty eyes*...

J/K! You can choose amongst yourselves which order you die in.

Random

Haha. Act now for a longer existance!

I don't really care in what order people die, how many of you die, so on. The only ones I absolutely need left alive are the hero orderly, Charlotte and Wrath.

SerpentKiss

Well...Wrath could probably die at the end...maybe...or maybe he'd have to be the type of villain that keeps coming back, like Michael, Jason or Freddy...for countless sequels, good and bad (obviously I'd be acting as Wrath in the good sequels*

Random

That's something we'll work out as the story progresses. I'm sort of conflicted about that one at the moment. If this story ends up being good enough, I don't want to wear it out with sequels. Like beating a dead horse.

One thing that did cross my mind was eventually roleplaying out the ten years of Wrath between his initial kill and the time he finds Charlotte...

SerpentKiss

That sounds like a pretty cool idea...like a little prequel to it.

Random

Exactly. :) The carnage before the final battle, as it were.

Maeven

I can't wait!

Now to find a hero...

*looks around pointedly* 

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Random

Indeed...

*prods the masses, trying to locate a hero*

SerpentKiss

you'll probably have to advertise in the SB or something

Random

I may go fishing for one. Start randomly clicking on names, scanning posts, and making propositions...

...I'm good at making propositions...

*shifty eyes*

Cutter

Very intriguing story idea. I am a fan of things horror/supernatural.

I like character development and deliberate pacing (Hopefully that is what I'm achieving in Failed *winks*)

Count me in, if yas need me!
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

Random

Well, Cutter dear, I am still looking for someone to take on the role of the hero orderly... ;)

Cutter

Well, luv, I think I can fit the bill. If you think I'm appropriate. ;)
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

Random

I do think you're appropriate, I do, I do!

Throw a name at me for this male orderly.

Cutter

Thanks!!!

Daniel Moore-off the top of my head!

My On's and Off's :

Random

Daniel Moore it is, then!

SK, Maeven, Cutter: I would like to wait a little while longer to see if we have anymore incidentals that would like to show up (a.k.a. more people for you to kill, SK ;)), but we've got the basics right now of what I wanted to get this story started.

Cutter

Sure. No rushes, No worries. I'm easy like Sunday morning. ;)

Its your sandbox, luv!

My On's and Off's :

Random

A sandbox where I hope we can all play and gain the utmost satisfaction from it!

SerpentKiss

Might be a good idea to get coloured sand to start with then...I suggest red. I have a feeling I'm going to be busy.