News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

If anyone is still looking to play every once and a while shoot me a PM.
lvl 16 but I've learned from a lot of my friends who are lvl 30 and way better then myself.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

MiraMirror

I play sometimes, though I'm trying to expand my roles.  I typically play AP mid or support bot lane, with Lux as a main.

Sadly, I've lost all four of my ranked placement matches thus far, but I'd love teaming up with other Elliquiy folks on the NA servers, so blar blar blar PM, etc.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Cognitive Brainfart

Love the game, hate the community. The people who play LoL are (for the most part) complete douchebags. I swear if I got 1 RP for every time I've seen "top/mid/carry/jung or feed", I would already have all the champions unlocked. Just today I had 3 people on my team (premade) who were building 5x Rod of Ages and telling me that I suck the entire game. I suspect they may have been 12...

la dame en noir

I main ADC and Support and i'm one of the best MF and Sona players you'll ever meet :P

I can play Mf, Sivir, Ashe, Cait, Jinx, Lulu, Annie, Janna, Sona, Braum, Leona, Irelia, Volibear, and Malzahar
I own every champ except for Viktor and I've been playing since 2009! However, I could use a little more practice and love advice.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Chris Brady

Quote from: NubianPrincess on September 20, 2014, 09:55:56 PM
if anyone wants to play norms with me my IGN name is

Redacted
Lvl 30
Ranked status: Active & I'm currently Silver 2, heading for Silver 1 then gold
I have a ranked duo partner, but I could always have another.

I main ADC and Support and i'm one of the best MF and Sona players you'll ever meet :P

I can play Mf, Sivir, Ashe, Cait, Jinx, Lulu, Annie, Janna, Sona, Braum, Leona, Irelia, Volibear, and Malzahar
I own every champ except for Viktor and I've been playing since 2009! However, I could use a little more practice and love advice.
Please don't give out your name here.  It's open to the public.

And this video encapsulates everything about LoL.  It's exactly as it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14

And it's put out by Riot Games.  Watch it completely.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 20, 2014, 10:26:50 PM

Doesn't showcase nearly enough blatant racism and homophobia to be LoL.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 20, 2014, 10:26:50 PM
Please don't give out your name here.  It's open to the public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14

And it's put out by Riot Games.  Watch it completely.

Goodness gracious. its a gaming name. I didn't think it was going to be a problem. But okay.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Quote from: Shjade on September 21, 2014, 01:22:03 AM
Doesn't showcase nearly enough blatant racism and homophobia to be LoL.
Seriously though. They make it look so amazing and even though I'm addicted myself, I know the real LoL community and I don't really think Riot Games cares.
A&A | FxF |

Chris Brady

I know a gaming name, but it's a rule on E.

Quote from: NubianPrincess on September 21, 2014, 11:56:56 AM
Seriously though. They make it look so amazing and even though I'm addicted myself, I know the real LoL community and I don't really think Riot Games cares.
Here's the thing.  Everything in that video shows, the rage quitting, the yelling, and none of the actual 'fun'.

It's accurate, but it doesn't show anything about the fun of the game.  It's a really terrible trailer...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

apygoos

http://promo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/reborn/
so wait, they're killing Jarvan III in this new iteration of the Lore? oh shiza son.

Xurtan

Oh hey, a League thread. ^_^ Gold III here, slooooowly trying to work my way to Plat. It's not working too well, hah. Mid, Support and ADC mains, although I -can- play Top and Jungle they're the least fun to me. I need to find people to duo with, really. Solo Ranked is just not as interesting.

As an aside, yeah the community is awful. :P But I tend to be more amused by it than anything. Guess it comes from growing up on PvP servers in MMOs.

la dame en noir

Has anyone had a game where they're losing so bad that they can't help but laugh at everything?
I had a cass support when I was playing bot lane and the things t hat were happening had me in a knot. Surprisingly enough, we won that game.
A&A | FxF |

Xurtan

I think you have to laugh at the really bad games or you'll go insane. :P It can definitely be frustrating. Some games you simply can't do much about, heh.

Shjade

Cassiopeia support?

...actually that doesn't sound like a terrible idea for a heavy harass lane. Maybe worse now than her old form where her mana costs kept plummeting as long as you kept casting, but I dunno. Could be interesting.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Xurtan

Interesting is a word for it. She's too squishy, too mana reliant, has no hard CC out of her ult and is too short range. Even if she's focused on harassing, that's going to end up pushing the lane significantly and leaving you open to ganks. Not to mention with the little rework, she has incredibly low damage right now. Even after the buff in the last patch I wouldn't call her viable as a mid lane, let alone as a support.

Admittedly, in Normals it doesn't particularly matter if something is viable heh.

la dame en noir

Cass is a shitty support against a Lucian/Blitz combo.

And whats even more annoying is that it was ranked.
A&A | FxF |

Xurtan

*twitches* That sounds.. ah. Unfortunate is the word I am looking for. I know the feeling though, some games you just get dumb things. Had a Rumble the other day, never played Rumble (According to his own words/stats, at least) and was playing solely so that he wouldn't go down due to inactivity. It was.. not pretty. Bah. I'm glad they're removing that for the Silver and Gold tiers.

Ryven

I've never thought of Cass as a support.  She's a good mage, and while her damage is lower early, if she can get stacks on her passive, she can become crazy powerful late game.  That's only if she can actually get 400 stacks though.

I'm enjoying the new changes to Viktor though.  He is amazingly powerful now, even more so than before, I think.  Soraka is kind of odd though.  I'm not sure I like how they have forced her to harass in order to gain her own health back which is now the fuel for her main healing ability.  It does have a lower cooldown, so she can spam heal easier.  It's at the cost of her own health though which a much, much shorter range, so if her target is knee deep in enemies, there's basically no reason to go try and save them because she'd be killed as well.  I have mixed feelings about her changes.  I also think her passive is pretty useless now.

Xurtan

To be fair, Soraka has always been one of those supremely annoying 'turns laning phase into a gulag' unfun champions to play against, but she's never been particularly strong, either. Well, outside of very briefly when we saw that surge of Soraka mid, and her numbers were stupidly powerful. The new changes are interesting, but I doubt we'll see her much still when Nami, Thresh, Leona, Morgana, Zyra, Lulu.. okay, most supports are much better and provide engage, disengage, and general utility for the team and the carry.

Viktor is rather powerful now though I agree, and feels much smoother than before. I think we're going to see his numbers take a nerf soon because at least from my testing he seems to be a little too easy to get out large amounts of damage early. *shrug* We'll see.

Sain

Hey, I may have made a post here earlier but it's been a forever :D

Playing on EUW on two accounts. I tell myself that I main top, but lately I've just been filling what's needed.Just PM me if you want company in normal games for practice or just fun. We could also duo queue ranked if we are in a similar elo (main has decayed in divisions but still has around pIII mmr and smurf which I played more recently just hit dV).

Soraka rework has already been out for a while but really cannot say how it is yet. I feel like she has amazing potential in bot, just waiting for someone to figure out a comp that works with her. Victor is pretty amazing yeah. That aoe bubble he lands is just so amazing in this current meta for protecting himself and the adc in teamfights against all those comps that run multiple assassins.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

SinXAzgard21

So, jungle is getting an item overhaul again.  No lizard, feral, golem or wraith items anymore.  Can only start with two pots and machete.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

The Golden Touch

I play a lot more lately. I stream most of my games, because well I can. I don't abide by people with poor attitudes and the annoying fetish to try to talk down to their teammates. PMs are accepted if you want to play NA. I play all the things.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

DarkPassenger

I recently switched up to Heroes of the Storm, a closed beta atm with all sorts of Blizzard characters. I am really enjoying it. A good MOBA, but still I prefer playing Thresh every once in a while, I am a beast with him!
"And I can't let it bother me
If fact and fate just can't agree on love, on life
Can't we stop taking ourselves too seriously?"  -Bayside: On love, on life

My Introduction Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223099.0
My O/O "list": https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223456.0

The Golden Touch

Got into que with a new teammate to see how we all communicate and such so we can try for ranked 5s. We had to use PUGs, which happens... But when he did not get his lane, he called the guy a dick. Really, guy? I had to back out of que and hem him up for his behavior. We do not promote rudeness here people... Stop it.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Sain

That does sound like a pretty crude response...  while I feel that bm is just as important as in game skills, people should really stick to classier burns and shots and steer away from boorish insults.

I have not seen a better pro league match to this day. Watch iG vs LGD from earlier today if you want to see two of the worlds best try to pretend they don't want to lose, while trying to lose as hard as they can :D It is all a ploy to get a more favorable seed for tournament. Really this stuff is golden.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301