Newbie trying to understand how RP works.

Started by MaskedR0gue300, February 02, 2019, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaskedR0gue300

I'll be honest and say that I'm rather low tier when it comes to RP. I usually come up with several characters for the said situation, don't know if im doing something wrong by doing that but ill love to have as much information about this as I can.  ;D

Nico

Coming up with characters for a certain story certainly isn't wrong! Personally, I think there is no "right" or "wrong" way to go at it - only your way. Whatever feels good for you, where you are comfortable at, etc. But, creating a character is always a good start! It's what I usually do. I have a very basic concept for a character and then they grow, they start telling me about their backgrounds, their pasts, motivations, etc.

Other people start creating a setting first, and then the characters. It's a very individual thing, I'd say! :-)

MaskedR0gue300

Ohh. Alright, this is my first time in a RP community so all this feels rather intimidating ^_^*

Nico

Completely understandable! :-)

But, you'll soon see that people go at it in all kinds of ways and sometimes the same way you do it! We're a great bunch, though, so don't be worried! You'll find your way around in no time, I'm certain.

MaskedR0gue300

Where should I start?? Im pretty good at male characters of several personalities.

Nico

Since you are new, I'd start with setting up an O/O thread. It will let potential writing partners know what goes and what doesn't and they can get to know you better.

And then you can either start reaching through the RP Request Boards (they are all in the left column), or post your ideas!

MaskedR0gue300

Nico

You're welcome! :-)

Good luck and welcome to E!