Evangelion - The Last Angel

Started by Hunter, May 14, 2006, 12:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Prologue (by Jared Pearson, The End of the Beginning)

It was the worst day of mankind.  It was a day that made even Second Impact pale by comparison.  It was the beginning of the end of civilization as we knew it.  It was the day that they came.  They were the beings that we came to know as the last of the Angels.
   It hadn’t been expected that there would be more than one of them.  No other Angel had been more than one.  But we should have expected it anyways.  There weren’t one or a hundred or even a thousand of them when they came.
   There were a million.
Or more.
   They struck suddenly, a series of concerted attacks against population centers and other strategic points that killed over half of the planet’s population in a single day and shattered the existing infrastructure.  Among those places that survived an attack on that fateful first day was NERV headquarters, although from what I have been told there were many lost among those who were stationed there.
   The attacks continued over the next week with a ruthlessness that left only a fraction of the population still alive and many parts of the world remain out of touch.  Then as suddenly as they started, they stopped as the invaders paused for some reason that we have not yet been able to determine.
   It proved to be a miracle for those of us who remained as it gave us time to regroup and launch a counter attack.  That was two years ago.  Since then, we have steadily taken back our planet a step at a time.  While we only have four Evas to do so, we have retaken most of the surface from the last of the Angels.
My name is Jared Pearson, the last child to be chosen in accordance to the Marduk Report.  I am the pilot of the last of the Evangelion series, fighting to reclaim our future and the hope of our people.
It has been a slow yet steady march, each day we retake a little more of the planet.  Yet we find only ruin and misery when we do.  It will be up to those of us who remain to rebuild, to create a new world from the ashes of the old.

Hunter

As you might guess, I'm looking to start an Evangelion themed anime game.   ;D

The game will need three EVA pilots (Shinji, Rei II, Asuka) as well as various support personnel.  Most of the series characters are either dead or assumed dead so there's plenty of room for made ups.  I'll be playing Jared if you hadn't guessed.   ;)

YankeeGent

Quote from: Hunter on May 14, 2006, 12:16:40 PM
  Most of the series characters are either dead or assumed dead so there's plenty of room for made ups.

Agh! Spoilers!

:P

Hunter

Where?  I'm changing the ending.    :P

Max

I shouldn't, I really shouldn't.... but Eva...  not sure I want to make up a new character, maybe one of the original cast.  Now, who would I want to play?  Is there anyone definately off limits?
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Hunter

Quote from: Max on May 15, 2006, 02:38:26 AM
I shouldn't, I really shouldn't.... but Eva...  not sure I want to make up a new character, maybe one of the original cast.  Now, who would I want to play?  Is there anyone definately off limits?

Gendo Ikari and Kaji.

Hunter

PhoenixBlaze

I happen to own all the books and am a damn manga and anime freak anyway count me in, so do we make up characters or can we us orginals?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Hunter

Yes.  Either and both.

Edited to add a link to a good site that should provide information to the interested.
http://www.lwhy.clara.net/nge/

Ajoxer

Shinji. AFTER he started going berserk.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter