Good Co-op Games for Xbox?

Started by ambrosial, April 09, 2012, 08:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambrosial

So, after spending my entire life having not so much as been in the same room as a console gaming system, I have made my SO very happy by finally tackling and conquering the Xbox 360. I went from being so boggled by the controls that I walked into walls and off cliffs constantly to being pretty decent at that marvelous hybrid category of "action/shooter rpg."

And now that we can play together, the boyfriend and I were hoping to get into a few more co-op games for the Xbox 360.  Right now, we've played Borderlands and Left 4 Dead.

I could ask the googles, but I thought I'd ask the E hive brain for any recommendations on good co-op games. Any suggestions? :)
We'll make the honeysuckle jealous.

Ambrosial's Wine Tasting - Original and Fandom Plots (Updated May 2014)
Ons and Offs and Current RP - Updated Sept. 12, 2014
Avatars- For a visual sampler (Updated June 2, 2013!)
Absences - Semi-Absent Through 01/20/15. Please read!

Callie Del Noire

Well if you're into shooters.. there is Gotham City Imposters.. kind of a quirky batman/joker themed shooter on the Marketplace. I suck at pvp but I have fun flying (gliding actually) shooting and dropping on people.

Sasquatch421

Depends on what you like... Dungeon Seige 3 is practically made for co-op and I've heard Hunted: The Demon Forge is fun with a friend as well. If your not into fantasy I beleive both Saint's Row 2 and Saint's Row the Third is co-op along with Onechanbara....

NotoriusBEN

Co-op games?

Let's see...

Gears of War 1 through 3
Saints Row 2 and 3 (2 is better imo)
Halo 1 through 3 (blegh... halo... but whatev's)
Dead Rising 2
Earth Defense Force: whatever version your getting  (lots of stupid fun. explode TONS of giant invader bugs)

There's also this list of games HERE that you can browse through to find co-op experiences.

now... whether the games require 2 xboxs, actually have true co-op (two people gunning through the story/campaign mode.) or some other quirk is something you'll have to sift through here. but going over the list I noticed some good games, so its just a matter of looking.

Sasquatch421

Bulletstorm had co-op as well I beleive....I loved that game.

Kunoichi

Koei's Warriors series is pretty good, if you don't mind a little button mashing.  Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 should be pretty easy to find right now, for example, and I remember having a lot of fun with the extra strategic and tactical elements that Samurai Warriors 2: Empires added to the gameplay.  I think it's a little more difficult to track down a copy of the latter these days, though.

ambrosial

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, guys! This will certainly give me and the SO a nice list of choices to ponder over. :)

And keep the recommendations coming, no matter the genre, etc! I want a pretty broad list of games to pick from, and your ideas + google = wealth of suggestions.

zemo8801

I would say there are quite a good bit of titles that where not to good to many but where still a lot of fun like the army of two games. there co op was fun.

Another fun game that I've happened to come across was the live arcade version they did for bomber man.
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas

Sasquatch421

I don't know if you download games, but if you can there is the old X-Men and Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles arcade games. X-Men supports anything up to 6 players and TMNT 4 players. I'm not sure if Castlevania: Harmony of Despair was co-op or not and if you can find the Microsoft version of Tetris...Well there ya go. My ex and I would have all night Tetristhons and she usually beat me...

Shjade

Sadly, having played Left 4 Dead, you've already played the best there is in co-op games. It's all downhill from there. D:
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Hemingway

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on April 09, 2012, 09:15:29 PM
Bulletstorm had co-op as well I beleive....I loved that game.

Fantastic game, but the co-op is only for the competetive score attack mode, not for the campaign. Which is a shame, because the story in that game was awesome, in a pulpish kind of way.

Gears of War, as some have mentioned, is really good, and they just get better as the series progresses.

Someone mentioned Halo, but I'm not sure why Halo Reach wasn't mentioned. It's easily the best game of the series, even if it lacks some of the things that made the other games good.

Splinter Cell: Conviction has a pretty good co-op part, which is like a separate story from the main one.

F. E. A. R. 3, while not the best entry in that series ( certainly better than FEAR 2, but nowhere near as good as the first game ) I've never played in co-op, but the game is basically built around it, so it could be worth checking out if you're into horror, blood and gore. It also has a game mode titled F**KING RUN!!! which sounds pretty cool. I mean, come on...

Sasquatch421

I can't believe I forgot about F.E.A.R 3, especially since I own it! Somebody smack me for that... Halo Reach is my favorite of the series as well, but since Fall of Reach is my favorite book of the series I dreaded getting near the end of the game...

NotoriusBEN

omg i forgot Splinter Cell: Conviction! YES! that is much fun.

my brother and I got too good at it though... pistols only, no gadgets, no goggles, melee takedowns only... I dunno what other advantage to give the losers... we gave it to them, and still treated it like a lethal weapon movie. something hilarious occurs when the enemy panics and screams that ''one guy'' is everywhere

foxfeathers

Army of Two is a great co-op game my partner and I play together. It forces you to coordinate and cooperate.

ambrosial

Thanks so much for all the recommendations, folks! :)

The SO and I brainstormed off these suggestions, and I think we're going to check out Rising Dead and Army of Two, for starters - once we get a little extra cash that is!