Strange Products

Started by Safire, February 15, 2013, 07:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Safire

Hi everybody! I thought it would be interesting for people to list the strangest products they have seen in stores, whether it be recent, years ago, food, toys, whatever. It doesn't matter what they are, they just have to be real products.  I'll start this off.

Sour Gummy Popcorn -a box comes with one of five "fun" flavors inside (apple, strawberry, watermelon, or popcorn)
If I seem a bit slow on posting, it's because things are piling up in real life.

Observing Trifles

I'm from the desert southwest, so lollipops with scorpions inside come to mind.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Incubus Dreams

I was stocking some of the shelves in the store I work at last week and I found some salmon-flavored cream cheese.  I didn't know whether to laugh or gag.

Harley Quinn

^ It's actually good and has been around for years.

-has nothing to contribute right now-
Ons/Offs - Absences

Note: Since I get mistaken for this other member a lot, my username has a space and is Harley Quinn - I am not HarleyQuinn

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Incubus Dreams on February 23, 2013, 11:01:58 AM
I was stocking some of the shelves in the store I work at last week and I found some salmon-flavored cream cheese.  I didn't know whether to laugh or gag.
Quote from: Harley Quinn on February 23, 2013, 11:05:48 AM
^ It's actually good and has been around for years.

-has nothing to contribute right now-

Spread it on oversized Won Ton wrappers, roll them up like burritos and deep fry them.  You can add some pickled ginger, minced scallions and julienned bok choy.

Incubus Dreams

*shudders*  Maybe it is because I am not a big fan of fish that I am repulsed by this.  Love to go fiahsing; not a fan of actually eating them.  I mostly catch and release unless I pull a trout out of the water.

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on February 23, 2013, 11:18:36 AM
Spread it on oversized Won Ton wrappers, roll them up like burritos and deep fry them.  You can add some pickled ginger, minced scallions and julienned bok choy.

I've only ever eaten it on a plain old bagel, so I'll have to try that! :)

Quote from: Incubus Dreams on February 23, 2013, 11:02:57 PM
*shudders*  Maybe it is because I am not a big fan of fish that I am repulsed by this.  Love to go fiahsing; not a fan of actually eating them.  I mostly catch and release unless I pull a trout out of the water.

I don't really like fish, either, except for salmon, but outside of the flavored cream cheese, it has to be smoked salmon, in order for me to eat it.
Ons/Offs - Absences

Note: Since I get mistaken for this other member a lot, my username has a space and is Harley Quinn - I am not HarleyQuinn