News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James

Started by Damnedangel, April 22, 2012, 09:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Lilly

Oh my, Shjade. That's a low blow. Hits me hard, down there...  ;)
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Silverfyre

Miss Lilly

Visit Lola's!

Oniya

Quote from: Lilias on July 19, 2012, 04:52:09 AM
The only person I've ever heard say 'Oh my!' is George Takei, and even that was scripted. >_<

Or people quoting George Takei.  Or older, ultra-polite British gentlemen in films.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

Ouch. Got her right in the Wollongong...

Shjade

I freely admit to having said "Oh my" in a totally non-sarcastic fashion on more than one occasion.

The circumstances during which this event may occur: conversations around children 4 years of age and below. Given I sometimes work at a church with a childcare facility on campus, it comes up now and then. Parents tend to frown at me if I get all expletive-happy around the kiddies.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

Just as a note - I have a filk coming into shape.  Avis is partially responsible (if he wants the credit.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Silverfyre

Oh, do keep me in the loop. I so look forward to it.

Oniya

"Shades Of Gray"-Lyrics Video

Spoilered for length and utter irreverence
When I sat and wrote this book, just yesterday,
Twilight topped the fanfic boards, I had to play!
It was easy then to write a controlling Dom.
Gorgeous with a giant dong.
'He's a man, he must be right,
She'll just go along.'

And I've never heard of safe or sane
For punishment or sex with pain.
Erotic ropes or whips and chains,
Fifty shades of gray.

BDSM as a subject seemed so clear
Subs were someting to abuse and grip with fear.
It was easy then to bind wrists with ties
Selling kink to lonely wives.
She's in love so it's okay,
If Christian makes her cry.

And I do not care for safe or sane
Fifty shades of gray.

[Instrumental interlude]

It was easy then to write this messed up pair
Didn't research - didn't care.
Changed the names to protect my cash.
Wrote too much 'down there'.

And today there is no safe or sane
Fifty shades of gray.
Fifty shades of gray

Silverfyre

TheGlyphstone

That is indeed awesome. I wonder if we can get someone from E to actually record those lyrics+music? :D

Miss Lilly

Quote from: Avis habilis on July 19, 2012, 11:29:53 AM
Ouch. Got her right in the Wollongong...

And Woolongong deserves it!

* Lilly is happy that she lives far from the Gong...
Visit Lola's!

Rolo

Okay then!  A new perspective on the phenomenon.

The Mrs. went to a 50SOG toy party last night.  The idea was the women would have the party and the guys would show up around 9 to go out afterwards.  I show up and the girls are all wearing t-shirts with, "Laters Baby" and "Charlie Tango" on them.  Little 50 confetti everywhere.  Mind you that we are the seniors by 15 years at this party.  Upon walking in I am accosted by my wife's coworker with a big hug. She also knows that I am reading the book.  She turns to introduce me to the other guests and before she can say my name, I pipe up with, "Hi, I'm Christian Grey"  What was one woman hugging on me became a dozen women.  All clamoring about how wonderful the book is, while their respective 20 something guys stood slack jawed, puds in hand.  I felt like the silver back, and through the course of the evening I shared time with the ladies while they watched.  I attempted to point out the faults of the book and the overwhelming response was, "Who cares, it is incredibly fucking hot!!"  I even pointed out how incredulous it was that on her first attempt at a blowjob that she, A. showed no signs of a gag reflex during a deep throat and, B. Had absolutely no problem swallowing her first go at it.  The general reaction was, "It made me want to do it." 

I guess, despite it's faults, the book has a firm hold in society today. 

Seduction is merely hypnosis with desire!

-KAI-

Dirty old man in training!
Sneaky Little Bastard!

Shjade

Quote from: Rolo on July 20, 2012, 09:41:06 AM
I even pointed out how incredulous it was that on her first attempt at a blowjob that she, A. showed no signs of a gag reflex during a deep throat and, B. Had absolutely no problem swallowing her first go at it.  The general reaction was, "It made me want to do it."

Suddenly, men around the world begin buying the book for their significant others.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

JDrew Spider

Okay, I'm thinking about purchasing this book for my mother (Because she really wants to read it), but I still don't get what's the big deal behind it?

I myself being more of LA Banks fan is this book really all that good?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Oniya

'Good'?  You might want to read back a few pages.  'Shocking to the mainstream'?  Yes, in more ways than one.  (I, for one, am shocked that someone without a decent beta reader got published, but that's just me.)

Silverfyre

Quote from: Rolo on July 20, 2012, 09:41:06 AM
Okay then!  A new perspective on the phenomenon.

The Mrs. went to a 50SOG toy party last night.  The idea was the women would have the party and the guys would show up around 9 to go out afterwards.  I show up and the girls are all wearing t-shirts with, "Laters Baby" and "Charlie Tango" on them.  Little 50 confetti everywhere.  Mind you that we are the seniors by 15 years at this party.  Upon walking in I am accosted by my wife's coworker with a big hug. She also knows that I am reading the book.  She turns to introduce me to the other guests and before she can say my name, I pipe up with, "Hi, I'm Christian Grey"  What was one woman hugging on me became a dozen women.  All clamoring about how wonderful the book is, while their respective 20 something guys stood slack jawed, puds in hand.  I felt like the silver back, and through the course of the evening I shared time with the ladies while they watched.  I attempted to point out the faults of the book and the overwhelming response was, "Who cares, it is incredibly fucking hot!!"  I even pointed out how incredulous it was that on her first attempt at a blowjob that she, A. showed no signs of a gag reflex during a deep throat and, B. Had absolutely no problem swallowing her first go at it.  The general reaction was, "It made me want to do it." 

I guess, despite it's faults, the book has a firm hold in society today.

Is this a real life experience or an Elliquiy story?

Miss Lilly

Quote from: Oniya on July 20, 2012, 10:35:12 AM
(I, for one, am shocked that someone without a decent beta reader got published, but that's just me.)

+1
Visit Lola's!

Rolo

That was real life Silver.  Happened last night.  As a side note, there are a dozen new readers of book.  The guys at the party could not believe the reaction of the ladies. 

The shared time with the ladies was strickly conversation.  I just read that and it looked like I was saying that I fucked all the girls while their SO's watched.  lol

-KAI-

Sneaky Little Bastard!

Silverfyre

Yeah, that is what it sounded like.  Now it sounds more plausible. :p

Rolo

I am a stud, but not that much.  lmao ;)

-KAI-

Sneaky Little Bastard!

Silverfyre

Heh, stud on then, my friend, stud on!

Avis habilis

Quote from: Oniya on July 19, 2012, 04:58:37 PM
Just as a note - I have a filk coming into shape.

You are a terrible, awesome woman.

Quote from: Oniya on July 19, 2012, 04:58:37 PM
Avis is partially responsible (if he wants the credit.)

Huh wha?

Oniya

You posted the link from the 'hex triplet crowd'.  I laughed, and Mr. Oniya suggested that I respond with a link to the Monkees song.  After pulling it up, I realized that 'Fifty shades of gray' fit all-too easily into the stress pattern.

So, if you want a share of the dubious credit (as filk credit usually is), it's there for the taking.

Lady Kalypso

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this or not, but a friend of mine finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey (I would never, ever pick it up...) and emailed this rather hilarious review of the book to me.

The other two reviews are there linked at the bottom, so... enjoy! :)

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215