Interest check - Coming into her own- free form original idea

Started by lovelygirl, March 06, 2015, 08:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovelygirl

Basic plot:

Eva Spencer never knew her parents. Growing up in foster families she was told they were killed in a freak accident just after she was born. Every time she inquired what kind of accident, no one would give her a straight answer. Bounced from family to family, Eva just never found her place in this world. There was always this nagging feeling, that without knowing her past, she couldn't move on with her future. Why was her past so shrouded in secrecy?

The it happened, walking home, she was approached by three thugs. They were looking for trouble, a little fun and Eva was the object of their little game. One pulled a knife demanding her money and her body. She screamed and put her hands out in front of her. "STOP!" She yelled and that's exactly what happened, they and time stopped....

The story primary begins there. Eva is unaware of what she is, a mutant. She's also unaware that there are others out there like her, good and bad. That little blip is like a homing beacon for the others that are out there. Who will reach her in time? Who will explain what she is? Does someone out there know her parents were mutants too, killed for what they were?

Eva has three powers. Time stop, the power to deflect ( turning the weapon back on her attacker) and the  ability to harness the power of the wind. Perhaps she is a missing link that one or more of the mutants had been searching for.

I right now am looking for no more than 5 other players ( could add more later).Looking for original mutants, be creative (good and bad).  Characters can already have established relationships with other characters. I reserve the right to accept or reject characters I feel don't fit into the path of the story.

Right now this is an interest check to see if I can get this off the ground. I'll ask for character sheets if enough people want to move forward. I'll wait until Monday to see who wants in.
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

GaGa88

I'm interested, will work on a character tonight. Anything in particular you'd like n the character sheet besides the usual and their powers.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

lovelygirl

Character name/mutant name:
Hero or villain:
Powers:
Background:

Please no more than three powers per character.

Ons &Offs

RedEve

This looks interesting Lovely.
If you'd have me, I'm leaning towards an empath/psychic type character.
Perhaps with some limited telekinetic abilities.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

GaGa88

I'm halfway finished with my character. She is a voice changeling (can perfectly mimic anyone after hearing them speak just once or twice, has the ability to become invisible, and she's telepathic (still working at controlling it). Just recently gotten out of a mental institution, her father put her there when she started 'hearing' voices at 16.

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

RedEve

I saw my character more as someone who has honed their powers a bit more already and is perhaps part of one of the groups searching for and training new mutants?

lovelygirl

Sounds good, throw me up a sheet. Hopefully we get a few more people.

Ons &Offs

GaGa88

Barbarian

Let's try this. I'm in. It'll be my only group game and if it remains active, it shall be so.

Character name/mutant name: Victor Kopanov / The Devil
Hero or villain: Villain
Powers: Healing and Infecting Disease
Background: The Devil's been around for ages. He has seen Constantinople fall. He has discussed military issues with Napoleon. He had warned Stalin of German invasion but the arrogant Georgian did not listen. Every now and then, there comes someone he has to take care of. Someone he has to convince and make join his cause. Or kill. He never ages much, every time he is fatally wounded or gets old enough, he uses his powers and heals himself. He can also heal and infect deadly diseases upon others. He can instantly heal or make sick a little group of people. In time, his powers became so powerful that he can heal or infect hundreds of people. Of course to do this, he needs preparations. Nowadays, he is known by the name of Victor Kopanov and he is the Russian CEO of a medical company that produce vaccine and medicine. (What is his cause? Why are those people so special? Is someone protecting Eva from him? If so, who? All these can be discussed and decided together, or in secrecy.)

Is it good? If I'm accepted and game gets rolling, I can provide more info and pictures.

lovelygirl

Oh I like him. A picture would be great of you get the chance.

Ons &Offs

Barbarian

Victor Kopanov - Today

An old Victor at Stalin's left in photo.

The Court of Atilla, The Devil is said to be the white-bearded man watching the scene at the left side.

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

GaGa88

Character Name/Mutant Name: Isabella 'Bella' Hastings/Nyx
Orientation: Bi-sexual, no preference
Hero or Villain: Villain-ish, maybe eventually hero with a bit of guidance.
Powers: Voice changeling (can mimic voices perfectly- nuances and all-- after hearing someone speak more than twice), invisibility, and intermittent telepathy (hasn't completely learned how to control it so it comes and goes).
Background: Born in Barbados and having been raised there for most of her life, it had been easy to just let people assume that her voice changeling abilities and invisibility had been some kind of voodoo talent. She'd had to learn to control it once her mother passed away and her father-- a U.S. senator-- whisked her away to California. That had been quite a culture shock for the 15 year old. It had helped that she spoke perfect English then again learning different languages was made easier with the voice changeling thing.
   When she was 16, the telepathy started kicking in and she'd felt like she was going insane. Her father, who hadn't ever been a part of her life until her mom died, couldn't deal with it and had her institutionalized because she was no longer the easy to deal with (beneficial to his political aspirations) daughter that she'd been when he'd first brought her to live with him. Bella had been diagnosed as schizophrenic and instead of anyone trying to actually talk to her/understand what she was going through, they just threw meds at her. Nothing stopped the voices in her head until they put her on lithium, but that just numbed her completely. It's the only ability that she hasn't learned to control, she'd learned from an early age that people tend to freak out when someone literally vanishes into thin air and the voice thing had actually been easy to control. The only time she loses control of the invisibility is when she's partiularly frightened, she changes her voice just to mess with people though.
   Released at the age of 18, she found a way to access her trust fund and closed it out. She disappeared, fell in with the wrong people, and found work as an assassin. She didn't really need the money, but she felt as if though finally she had some type of balance in her life. She hadn't felt that in quite some time. It was like there were two people inside of her. When she was working (when she's Nyx), she could drown out the voices in her head but when she wasn't, the guilt was an extremely heavy burden. As a result, she often has trouble sleeping and has a love affair with coffee, energy drinks, cigarettes, and cocaine. She compartmentalizes to deal with what she does for a living.

What do you think? I could edit, if needed.

lovelygirl

She's good!

Red, when you have a chance put your girl up as well.

I'd like maybe one or two more before we can start.

Ons &Offs

AdrianZef

If you're still looking then I'm interested!

I was playing around with a few ideas, but I was thinking it could be interesting for one of the thugs to be a mutant, though he doesn't really know it. He would've had a rough childhood, and the only power he currently knows how to use is that he can sense lives around him, which has come in handy while being a thug, for cornering people traveling alone and fleeing cops. However he doesn't really know what this power is or why he has it and has hidden it from others out of fear. Currently he can only sense humans and can't distinguish between them and mutants, though with training he could sense and distinguish most larger life forms. With time and training, he would also be able to learn to walk through solid objects and potentially also be able to climb around structures unnaturally well.

If that sounds okay then I can go with that, or come up with something else.
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

lovelygirl

I am still looking! He might be a nice match for her. She's not attuned to what's happening, maybe he's conflicted on what side he should be on?

Throw me up a character and pic.

Ons &Offs

RedEve

Character name/mutant name: Elsa Brockman/The Oracle
Hero or villain: Hero
Powers: Empathic abilities that include mind-reading, locating people through their unique brain waves, and some mild behavioral thought control. She also has displayed some very minor telepathic abilities, but those are untrained and weak. Basically she can levitate small, light-weight objects (she has been training with pens and lego) for a short amount of time.
Background: Elsa Brockman was born to an American father and a Swedish mother in London. It was there that she was raised and went to school until she turned 12, upon which her parents moved to New York. Her father was a well-off business man and her mother the proverbial trophy wife, so Elsa was quickly ushered off to boarding schools upon their stateside move. She did not mind terribly, as she enjoyed her time with the many girls her own age more than the empty and sterile Manhattan apartment her parents called home.

Her powers started manifesting around the age of 16. At first she thought she was losing her mind and all of the voices she heard were in her head, but then she found out that the voices belonged to the girls sleeping in the rooms near hers. As her powers grew more strong, she found out that she could differentiate between different people from large distances, knowing instinctively where her friends were even though they might have been across campus.

She kept this power to herself until shortly after graduating, she was approached by a man during one of her university campus visits. He introduced himself as a friend and proposed a different path for her. Through him she met other super-powered individuals. She is now part of a group which tries to find, recruit and train young mutants, before other less benevolent groups get to them. Elsa’s emphatic abilities have proven to be a big help in this endeavor.

Barbarian

Thanks for the approval. Looking forward for this.

I hope we can start discussing what the starting point will be and what kind of relationship (if they have) each character have with others.

I have my personal ideas, reading the other characters but let's say the final word when all characters are done. For now, I was thinking maybe Victor hires "Bella" for certain tasks as she is a mercenary assassin. She may know him directly or not. And he may just be familiar with the name of Elsa, working for an organization that helps other mutants.

All this are definitely subject to change through other's input. In the meantime, if any character wants to have some kind of connection with Victor, please say so.

That's all for now I guess :)

RedEve

lovelygirl

I really want collaborations between characters. I'm all good with scheming on PM's, throwing in a bombshell or two once we start.

I think Elsa has her work cut out for her, being the only "good" one! Lol

If I can just get maybe one more character on the side of good, I'll begin an OOC and IC thread.

I'll be checking in later today to see if we can get the ball rolling

Ons &Offs

RedEve

Yeah, I wouldn't mind at least one ally. Just for interactions sake. :)

RedEve

Quote from: Barbarian on March 09, 2015, 09:00:24 AM
Being opponent doesn't mean we can't have interactions >:)

True, but I'd like at least one ally!

GaGa88

Bella could go either way, she's just a bit misguided.