Interest check - Coming into her own- free form original idea

Started by lovelygirl, March 06, 2015, 08:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovelygirl

Basic plot:

Eva Spencer never knew her parents. Growing up in foster families she was told they were killed in a freak accident just after she was born. Every time she inquired what kind of accident, no one would give her a straight answer. Bounced from family to family, Eva just never found her place in this world. There was always this nagging feeling, that without knowing her past, she couldn't move on with her future. Why was her past so shrouded in secrecy?

The it happened, walking home, she was approached by three thugs. They were looking for trouble, a little fun and Eva was the object of their little game. One pulled a knife demanding her money and her body. She screamed and put her hands out in front of her. "STOP!" She yelled and that's exactly what happened, they and time stopped....

The story primary begins there. Eva is unaware of what she is, a mutant. She's also unaware that there are others out there like her, good and bad. That little blip is like a homing beacon for the others that are out there. Who will reach her in time? Who will explain what she is? Does someone out there know her parents were mutants too, killed for what they were?

Eva has three powers. Time stop, the power to deflect ( turning the weapon back on her attacker) and the  ability to harness the power of the wind. Perhaps she is a missing link that one or more of the mutants had been searching for.

I right now am looking for no more than 5 other players ( could add more later).Looking for original mutants, be creative (good and bad).  Characters can already have established relationships with other characters. I reserve the right to accept or reject characters I feel don't fit into the path of the story.

Right now this is an interest check to see if I can get this off the ground. I'll ask for character sheets if enough people want to move forward. I'll wait until Monday to see who wants in.
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

GaGa88

I'm interested, will work on a character tonight. Anything in particular you'd like n the character sheet besides the usual and their powers.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

lovelygirl

Character name/mutant name:
Hero or villain:
Powers:
Background:

Please no more than three powers per character.

Ons &Offs

RedEve

This looks interesting Lovely.
If you'd have me, I'm leaning towards an empath/psychic type character.
Perhaps with some limited telekinetic abilities.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

GaGa88

I'm halfway finished with my character. She is a voice changeling (can perfectly mimic anyone after hearing them speak just once or twice, has the ability to become invisible, and she's telepathic (still working at controlling it). Just recently gotten out of a mental institution, her father put her there when she started 'hearing' voices at 16.

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

RedEve

I saw my character more as someone who has honed their powers a bit more already and is perhaps part of one of the groups searching for and training new mutants?

lovelygirl

Sounds good, throw me up a sheet. Hopefully we get a few more people.

Ons &Offs

GaGa88

Barbarian

Let's try this. I'm in. It'll be my only group game and if it remains active, it shall be so.

Character name/mutant name: Victor Kopanov / The Devil
Hero or villain: Villain
Powers: Healing and Infecting Disease
Background: The Devil's been around for ages. He has seen Constantinople fall. He has discussed military issues with Napoleon. He had warned Stalin of German invasion but the arrogant Georgian did not listen. Every now and then, there comes someone he has to take care of. Someone he has to convince and make join his cause. Or kill. He never ages much, every time he is fatally wounded or gets old enough, he uses his powers and heals himself. He can also heal and infect deadly diseases upon others. He can instantly heal or make sick a little group of people. In time, his powers became so powerful that he can heal or infect hundreds of people. Of course to do this, he needs preparations. Nowadays, he is known by the name of Victor Kopanov and he is the Russian CEO of a medical company that produce vaccine and medicine. (What is his cause? Why are those people so special? Is someone protecting Eva from him? If so, who? All these can be discussed and decided together, or in secrecy.)

Is it good? If I'm accepted and game gets rolling, I can provide more info and pictures.

lovelygirl

Oh I like him. A picture would be great of you get the chance.

Ons &Offs

Barbarian

Victor Kopanov - Today

An old Victor at Stalin's left in photo.

The Court of Atilla, The Devil is said to be the white-bearded man watching the scene at the left side.

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

GaGa88

Character Name/Mutant Name: Isabella 'Bella' Hastings/Nyx
Orientation: Bi-sexual, no preference
Hero or Villain: Villain-ish, maybe eventually hero with a bit of guidance.
Powers: Voice changeling (can mimic voices perfectly- nuances and all-- after hearing someone speak more than twice), invisibility, and intermittent telepathy (hasn't completely learned how to control it so it comes and goes).
Background: Born in Barbados and having been raised there for most of her life, it had been easy to just let people assume that her voice changeling abilities and invisibility had been some kind of voodoo talent. She'd had to learn to control it once her mother passed away and her father-- a U.S. senator-- whisked her away to California. That had been quite a culture shock for the 15 year old. It had helped that she spoke perfect English then again learning different languages was made easier with the voice changeling thing.
   When she was 16, the telepathy started kicking in and she'd felt like she was going insane. Her father, who hadn't ever been a part of her life until her mom died, couldn't deal with it and had her institutionalized because she was no longer the easy to deal with (beneficial to his political aspirations) daughter that she'd been when he'd first brought her to live with him. Bella had been diagnosed as schizophrenic and instead of anyone trying to actually talk to her/understand what she was going through, they just threw meds at her. Nothing stopped the voices in her head until they put her on lithium, but that just numbed her completely. It's the only ability that she hasn't learned to control, she'd learned from an early age that people tend to freak out when someone literally vanishes into thin air and the voice thing had actually been easy to control. The only time she loses control of the invisibility is when she's partiularly frightened, she changes her voice just to mess with people though.
   Released at the age of 18, she found a way to access her trust fund and closed it out. She disappeared, fell in with the wrong people, and found work as an assassin. She didn't really need the money, but she felt as if though finally she had some type of balance in her life. She hadn't felt that in quite some time. It was like there were two people inside of her. When she was working (when she's Nyx), she could drown out the voices in her head but when she wasn't, the guilt was an extremely heavy burden. As a result, she often has trouble sleeping and has a love affair with coffee, energy drinks, cigarettes, and cocaine. She compartmentalizes to deal with what she does for a living.

What do you think? I could edit, if needed.

lovelygirl

She's good!

Red, when you have a chance put your girl up as well.

I'd like maybe one or two more before we can start.

Ons &Offs

AdrianZef

If you're still looking then I'm interested!

I was playing around with a few ideas, but I was thinking it could be interesting for one of the thugs to be a mutant, though he doesn't really know it. He would've had a rough childhood, and the only power he currently knows how to use is that he can sense lives around him, which has come in handy while being a thug, for cornering people traveling alone and fleeing cops. However he doesn't really know what this power is or why he has it and has hidden it from others out of fear. Currently he can only sense humans and can't distinguish between them and mutants, though with training he could sense and distinguish most larger life forms. With time and training, he would also be able to learn to walk through solid objects and potentially also be able to climb around structures unnaturally well.

If that sounds okay then I can go with that, or come up with something else.
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

lovelygirl

I am still looking! He might be a nice match for her. She's not attuned to what's happening, maybe he's conflicted on what side he should be on?

Throw me up a character and pic.

Ons &Offs

RedEve

Character name/mutant name: Elsa Brockman/The Oracle
Hero or villain: Hero
Powers: Empathic abilities that include mind-reading, locating people through their unique brain waves, and some mild behavioral thought control. She also has displayed some very minor telepathic abilities, but those are untrained and weak. Basically she can levitate small, light-weight objects (she has been training with pens and lego) for a short amount of time.
Background: Elsa Brockman was born to an American father and a Swedish mother in London. It was there that she was raised and went to school until she turned 12, upon which her parents moved to New York. Her father was a well-off business man and her mother the proverbial trophy wife, so Elsa was quickly ushered off to boarding schools upon their stateside move. She did not mind terribly, as she enjoyed her time with the many girls her own age more than the empty and sterile Manhattan apartment her parents called home.

Her powers started manifesting around the age of 16. At first she thought she was losing her mind and all of the voices she heard were in her head, but then she found out that the voices belonged to the girls sleeping in the rooms near hers. As her powers grew more strong, she found out that she could differentiate between different people from large distances, knowing instinctively where her friends were even though they might have been across campus.

She kept this power to herself until shortly after graduating, she was approached by a man during one of her university campus visits. He introduced himself as a friend and proposed a different path for her. Through him she met other super-powered individuals. She is now part of a group which tries to find, recruit and train young mutants, before other less benevolent groups get to them. Elsa’s emphatic abilities have proven to be a big help in this endeavor.

Barbarian

Thanks for the approval. Looking forward for this.

I hope we can start discussing what the starting point will be and what kind of relationship (if they have) each character have with others.

I have my personal ideas, reading the other characters but let's say the final word when all characters are done. For now, I was thinking maybe Victor hires "Bella" for certain tasks as she is a mercenary assassin. She may know him directly or not. And he may just be familiar with the name of Elsa, working for an organization that helps other mutants.

All this are definitely subject to change through other's input. In the meantime, if any character wants to have some kind of connection with Victor, please say so.

That's all for now I guess :)

RedEve

lovelygirl

I really want collaborations between characters. I'm all good with scheming on PM's, throwing in a bombshell or two once we start.

I think Elsa has her work cut out for her, being the only "good" one! Lol

If I can just get maybe one more character on the side of good, I'll begin an OOC and IC thread.

I'll be checking in later today to see if we can get the ball rolling

Ons &Offs

RedEve

Yeah, I wouldn't mind at least one ally. Just for interactions sake. :)

RedEve

Quote from: Barbarian on March 09, 2015, 09:00:24 AM
Being opponent doesn't mean we can't have interactions >:)

True, but I'd like at least one ally!

GaGa88

Bella could go either way, she's just a bit misguided.

AdrianZef

Character name/mutant name: Adrian Kalwat / Mirage
Hero or villain: Currently neither, though given his rough upbringing he is rather selfish.
Current Powers: Can sense motion and solid objects around him without looking, even through solid walls. This includes people and animals as well, though he couldn't distinguish between a walking mannequin and a walking person.
Potential Powers: Can move through solid objects (alternatively can allow solid objects to pass through his body). Can make parts of his body look like different materials, almost like a chameleon. Typically the two abilities activate together.
Background: Adrian grew up an orphan, on the streets, and had a rough childhood. He had always had to fight for everything as part of life on the streets, and he did whatever he needed to keep himself moving upwards in the world. He's not a bad person, per-se, but he is rather selfish, mostly because for all of his life that was the only way to survive.

Currently he's part of a small gang... though gang isn't even really the right word for the group of young punks he was associated with. They made their money however they could. Some muggings and thefts, nothing anymore insidious than that, though. It was around this time that his ability to sense objects started to manifest. As you can imagine, this greatly helped with his thefts, as he could now sense lone people wandering alleys, cops, and much more. He never told anyone else about this, though, and he could hardly understand what was actually going on. Still, he somehow managed to use his powers enough to keep his status, but not quite enough to draw suspicion from anyone.

He was in one such alley one night, asking a young woman for all of her money, when something changed.
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

AdrianZef

There it is! I changed to his powers slightly to overlap with Elsa less.

lovelygirl

Nice, ok I'll have an IC and OOC in the morning.

Please respect other players/ characters limits.

I'll be putting this in extreme so we cover all bases.

Can't wait to start!

Ons &Offs

Nowherewoman

Thought I'd toss my knickers in, just in case there's still room:

Character Name/Mutant Name:  Kiera Anders/Slamdance
Hero/Villain: Tends towards the law-and-order side of things, but in a pretty heavy-handed way
Powers: No pain sense, extremely rapid healing.
Other skills: Multiple Martial Arts training.

Background:  No metal claws, no super reflexes. She can't fly, or walk through walls, or see through peoples' clothes.

Kiera just can't be hurt.

Well, OK, that's an exaggeration. Kiera doesn't feel it when she gets hurt- she has no pain sense whatsoever. It was first noticed when she was a little girl and, as most kids try to do, put her hand in the pretty blue flame from the stove.  She didn't cry. Not at all.

Notice the scars she doesn't have on that hand?  That's the other part of the trick. She heals insanely fast. Oh, not instantly, but fast enough to watch. Years of typical childhood and young-adult accidents have left her with unblemished skin, perfect teeth, and one of the most beautiful skeletons an internist has ever seen. She can even, starfish-like, regrow at least bits of limbs that get lost, though that takes a while longer.  She found that out the hard way, when a mugger with a knife took off a bit of two of her fingertips. Enough damage all at once would probably kill her, but so far, no one's managed to do the job fast enough. Her hair needs cutting about once a week, to keep her from tripping on it; her nails, every day. Piercings close up unless always filled, and her skin pushes tat ink out nearly as fast as it can be jabbed in- which sucks, since she loves epic skin art.

With that kind of leg up, she did what any sensible girl would do, and went into the ass-kicking business. Trained in Aikido, Judo, and Muay Thai, Kiera works as a bouncer for a couple of clubs known to get rowdy- hence her nickname- and hires out as a bodyguard for travelling celebrities on the side.  While she doesn't wear a t-shirt screaming 'mutie and proud', she doesn't hide it, either. Kind of hard to hide when a drunk busts a beer stein over your head, and the cuts close up in under a minute.

The cops and the gangs both aren't fond of her, since she's not shy about breaking bones on the job, and attempts by less civil-society-minded elements to cause trouble around  her clubs or for her clients have usually resulted in multiple-ambulance calls. She parties hard when she's off duty, frequently at the very same clubs she works for. For all that, she's a pretty straight arrow- she just has an, ah, shall we say, very direct method of dealing with annoyances?  And she's easily annoyed.

Kiera currently shares a 2-bedroom flat in a decent part of town with Bella- but has no idea what her roommate does on the side.  They're pretty friendly, party together from time to time, have even been known to double-date with their respective flavors of the day- and trade off partners, once in a while. So far, though, their professional paths have not crossed.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

Elf

I realize that you have already started now, but am wondering and hoping that you have room for one more.

Barbarian

It has just started, no big event happened for now. Contact lovelygirl and come along.  :-)

Elf

Thank you, Barbarian. I thought I did by posting here. I do have an idea for a character, but am waiting to see if she wants another player before completely fleshing him out.

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

Elf

I will get that together shortly, thank you.

Quote from: RedEve on March 09, 2015, 07:03:12 AM
Anyone interested in an affiliation with Elsa?

I'm creating a character that will be more heroic minded and could use a tutor/mentor so an affiliation with Elsa would be good.

RedEve

Quote from: Elf on March 12, 2015, 06:53:31 AM
I will get that together shortly, thank you.

I'm creating a character that will be more heroic minded and could use a tutor/mentor so an affiliation with Elsa would be good.

That is fine. Someone she has already recruited?

Elf

Yes, someone she has already recruited.

Character name/mutant name: Ivan Storkov/Stripe
Hero or villain: Heroish
Orientation: Heterosexual (he thinks, but not entirely sure)
Powers:
Ivan was born with Tiger DNA mixed with his human DNA as such he has senses and physical abilities like a feline. He can shape change into a full tiger or anthro (tiger like humanoid). In full human form he back with some effort lift close to a ton, in anthro form it goes up to closer to two tons. He is even stronger in full tiger form but lacks hands and the ability to stand upright for very long. In any form he can hear things at greater distances than humans as well frequencies both above and below the human norm. His eyes always have slitted pupils that he can control so has cat like low light vision as well as being able to see into the infrared and ultraviolet spectrum of light. He can make minor changes like making his eyes fully cat eyes with no whites or changing his nails into claws. Something about his shape change ability also increases his body's ability to heal. What would normally take days only take him hours, so two weeks would only take 14 hours. Changing forms has a virtually instant healing affect, as he is changing to an uninjured form, even replacing severed limps. He has learned to track people and animals by their individual scents.
Anthro
Tiger

Background:
Ivan was born in New York to Russian immigrants as such he speaks both English and Russian. As a child he was always stronger and faster than the other children, which quite often got him in trouble and other children accidentally hurt as he did understand that he was different. He could smell, hear, and see things that none of the others could and thought he must be crazy, until he saw a hot spot in a wall and pointed it out thus preventing an electrical fire from getting out of control. Other than that he had a fairly normal childhood. Until shortly after his 14th birthday and as teenagers do had an argument with his parents. When he got enraged he suddenly changed into an adolescent white tiger and killed his parents.

After killing his parents he ran went to living on his own. For some time he lived in the forests of northern New York state hunting as a tiger. As he gained more control of the change and his emotions he moved back into the city. He moved into the tunnels under the city but ventured top side frequently and quietly slipped back into schools to get a better education. He did everything he could to just blend in with other students and not draw attention to himself. Not having a proper address he never properly enrolled. Of course problems came up and after people got hurt or just started to take more notice of him he would simply disappear and start over at a new school.

After successfully completing high school (no graduation due to not being enrolled) Elsa found him. Through her empathic abilities and her group he has learned to control his emotions even more and control over his shifting. It was through her and that training that he learned to partially change. He has also learned techniques to keep from losing control of his anger and changing by accident as happened with his parents.

On's & Off's: See players preferences, but consider them mostly unexplored as he lacks experience.

lovelygirl

Elf, approved!

Nice to see he'll be working with Elsa.

Ons &Offs

Elf

Thank you. Now to get started on reading through the already up and going IC.

Barbarian

We'll soon need to give a summary here or somewhere when this really gets going. I'm still looking forward to the meeting with Nyx and Slamdance :)

lovelygirl

I'll have time tomorrow to write up,additional threads/ summaries.

Ons &Offs

GaGa88

Quote from: Barbarian on March 12, 2015, 08:43:20 AM
We'll soon need to give a summary here or somewhere when this really gets going. I'm still looking forward to the meeting with Nyx and Slamdance :)

I'm looking forward to Bella and Kiera's reaction to seeing who each other really is, lol. And them having to work together.

lovelygirl

So I seem to have lost a few players and need at least two villain mutants. We haven't gotten so far into this that you can't jump in. As a matter of fact, the two good guys are just venturing out and are vulnerable. So if you have an idea for a villain, post it here for approval or PM me. Thanks. 

Ons &Offs

Birchleaf

Hmm... I could possibly give this a go. I will post this to keep an eye on the thread, and maybe create a character when I have more time, maybe in a day or so. I would play as a Knight Templar sort of villain, who is not evil, but is definitely antagonistic.

lovelygirl

Name- Bennet Straken

Age 21

Appearance-Stands six foot even and he is trim but built solid.  He has learned to be hyper sensitive to his surroundings as a matter of self preservation.

He was raised by Jack Straken who had inherited lots of money from his father in a business that was never clear to Bennet.  In any case when his father was not cutting ribbons to various civic centers he donated money to, he was home beatting his only son.  His addiction to various precription drugs was what really fueled his anger.

His mother Janice Stricken is someone Jack has to keep out an eye for.  She is always in a state of intoxication and if seen in public she would be a complete embarrassment to Jack and his public image.  Not only did she share addictions with her husband but basically the two played tag team while beating him.  Trips to doctors never raised flags as he was so well known and admired.  Not only that but he had far reach and to get on his bad side was never a good idea.

Abilities- Always hyper vigilant and ready to fight if necessary.  His vigilance let to a stay in a mental institution when he was 15.  By then he had been on the streets for a year preferring the uncertain dangers of the street to the certain beatings at home or the rules of any sort of home.

He is rebellious against any authority figures and after his mental breakdown he was released free of his flashbacks and anxiety.  In fact he was able to become extremely confident but always cautious.  Due to the experiments on him which is how he received free medical care he somehow emerged with the power to basically put thoughts in the minds of people and they almost always respond by doing what he says no matter how embarrassing or dangerous.  A very comforting defense for him to have.  Although he is well able to handle himself in any streetlight.

Ons &Offs