Empire of the Indigo Star -- Sci Fi political intrigue freeform original setting

Started by Niferbelle, November 10, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano Johnson

Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Niferbelle

Welcome Kythia! We don't have an actual scientist yet so that would be a good niche to be in. In this setting, being a scientist would be difficult for a woman in most of the Houses but I think there are options. I will send you a PM.

Kythia

To which I have replied.

I was thinking of using Veena Malik as a face claim if no one objects.

Niferbelle

Cyrano Johnson

Kythia

Just to check - primary skills and secondary skills are just what we think per the character right?  As opposed to picked from a list somewhere (if so, where's the list?)

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kythia

Funnily enough "Going wild" is what I wanted as my Primary skill.  Secondaries are "Blaming someone else for inevitable repercussions", "Avoiding punishment by strategic crying" and"Stubborn refusal to learn valuable lessons"

CShades

So

Berserk Mode, Creative Consequence Relay, Manipulation with a spec on Tears, and Advanced Rhetoric: self? :P

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Cyrano Johnson

FWIW I used some of Burning Wheel's skill lists as inspiration for some of mine. One of those games which has a "skill" for like every conceivable fricking thing but has a knack of pitching them with the right mixture of specificity and general application.

Ontan

For those who are interested, here’s the updated 'game-at-a-glance' chart!

Remember, this is only meant as an overview: to the best of my knowledge, all Houses (bar Potemkin) are still open, so just go wherever your muse takes you ;)

CharacterFaction (Specialty)Primary SkillCharacter Concept
Crown Princess Azurine Udel Xavendir     House Xavendir (The Emperor’s House)     Deception / Manipulation          The Emperor’s oppressed eldest daughter, who is looking to establish a powerbase of her own.
Princess Hana AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) SpacefaringAn unmarried princess, and secretly a skilled commando.
Princess Illyana AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) Intelligence / DiplomacyAn acknowledged bastard daughter, who’s turned her interests to information gathering.
Duke Tarrek El'Essen AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) StrategyThe incumbent Duke of his House, and a brilliant commander in his own right.
Ghalia PrawomirHouse Prawomir (Religion) BeguilementThe controversial but hugely influential ruler of House Prawomir, and a figurehead for the Empire’s faith
Princess Maleida BroedinHouse Broedin (Landowners and traders) Trade ExpertThe Duke’s beloved daughter, who’s fated to be used as a political bargaining chip in order to secure her House’s future.
Prince Jalen NovariHouse Novari (Xeno-ambassadors) AdventurerThe notorious rake of House Novari, famed for his adventuring exploits and wild parties.
Lord Al-Karim ibn Novari-OrzoroneHouse Novari (Xeno-ambassadors) Martial ArtsHead of the Xeno Alliance-Novari consulate project, and a radical force for social reform.
Inara Delvina NovariHouse Novari (Xeno-ambassadors) KnowledgeA model noblewoman… but also a ‘dark horse’ candidate for Xeno-diplomat, and a cunning information broker.
Nora Annisko (Player NPC)House Novari (Xeno-ambassadors) AlertnessA felon-slave with extensive knowledge into the criminal underworld, who acts as Prince Jalen’s minder and advisor.
Diarivo Kairitsu Sundosa-ZurunHouse Rovona (Espionage and modern ships)     DisguiseA second-generation Orzorone exile; publically a skilled performer and privately an agent of espionage.
Othoro Laila Rovona (Player NPC)House Rovona (Espionage and modern ships)     SchemerAn ambitious princess with plans to rule through her husband, Prince Kaga.
Daria shel’NessarHouse Dhaaz (Wealth, GELs, and biotechnology)     EngineerA talented GEL engineer, who now faces an uncertain future amid her strained political marriage.
Martius Independent (GEL Rebels)     Tactics (ground and ship)The enigmatic GEL liberator stirring up unrest throughout the Empire.
626, “Little song bird” (Player NPC)Independent (Privately owned GEL) PleasureA concubine GEL with dreams of finding her freedom.

Unrepresented Houses:

FactionSpecialtyStatus
House Saiah Diverse economy, elite soldiers, and the Emperor’s favourUnrepresented – players needed!
House ChainerMineral rich, trade, and shipbuilding Characters / NPCs pending
House Potemkin   Ruthless technological development, advanced wormholes, homogenous society    Non-playable

Niferbelle

Thank you, Ontan, for updating this awesome chart. We are just a few days away from starting but there is still time to get a character going. We have a wonderful batch of writer and world builders in this game and we'd like you to join us!

Outlaw Fallen

So, I believe a character concept might have struck me that could work if you guys approve. I'm thinking of perhaps a prince of house Saiah who believes that putting all of their house's eggs in one basket is foolish and is perhaps looking to establish some more connections and support outside of just the Emperor's house. I think with that sort of mentality, he could go in several different directions depending on whom he ends up getting involved with.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Flower

Sounds interesting to me.

Also we are still very much recruiting. The game has not started yet so don't drag your feet.

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on December 28, 2015, 10:46:24 AM
So, I believe a character concept might have struck me that could work if you guys approve. I'm thinking of perhaps a prince of house Saiah who believes that putting all of their house's eggs in one basket is foolish and is perhaps looking to establish some more connections and support outside of just the Emperor's house. I think with that sort of mentality, he could go in several different directions depending on whom he ends up getting involved with.

That sounds like a pretty nifty angle. I for one have been hoping House Saiah would get some representation. :)

Kokaine

My Chainer Princess is shaping up *finally* Hope to have her in today.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Niferbelle

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on December 28, 2015, 10:46:24 AM

Yes, I think you could really make something of this idea. I encourage you to work on it! I did, in fact, just did a little work on the Saiah, it's here if you didn't see it. Happy to help you anyway I can!

Quote from: Kokaine on December 29, 2015, 01:20:30 PM
My Chainer Princess is shaping up *finally* Hope to have her in today.

*does a happy dance*

Niferbelle

Still time to sneak a character in. If you're on the fence, take a look at some of the preliminary scenes our writers have written for their characters while we're waiting to start to give you a sense of the quality of writers we have!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240253.msg11848470#msg11848470

MisoThe Mouse

So very interested. Wanted to know they possibility of a military man working his way up into the position of a lesser Nobel in Rovona? Shaping up a machiavelliian Baron  with ambitions to feed.

Niferbelle

Flower

Random thought but I think it would be nice if Ghalia had a personal guard. Maybe a childhood friend who promised themselves to the sword or maybe even some wicked looking bow and arrow.  ::)

Quote from: Flower on December 09, 2015, 01:20:30 PM
I would love a handmaiden for my lady! Just wanted to put that request out there.

Also, this request is still open.