News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 11, 2020, 10:04:51 AM
Isn't he the guy that flashed the 'I am not a crook' sign when he was being arrested?

Yep, and he's also the one who posted on instagram, a pic of the judge who was set to sentence him, with an image of rifle crosshairs pointed at her head. Not sure if that was counted into his crimes, but it should have been cited for threat against officers of the law and contempt of court.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 11, 2020, 10:04:51 AM
Isn't he the guy that flashed the 'I am not a crook' sign when he was being arrested?

Nixon is the one who originated the "I am not a crook!" meme and flashing the V for Victory sign that Roger Stone appropriated for himself. 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 11, 2020, 09:09:37 PM
Nixon is the one who originated the "I am not a crook!" meme and flashing the V for Victory sign that Roger Stone appropriated for himself.

Hope he doesn’t get too comfortable,  I’m betting he’s going to wind up in trouble again. I’m truly appalled that he was let out. I know that there are LOT of folks in the White House who told the president this was an amazingly stupid move.

Oniya

He may have learned something from his idol - by asking for a commutation of his sentence, rather than a pardon, he's not admitting guilt.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on July 12, 2020, 01:33:40 AM
He may have learned something from his idol - by asking for a commutation of his sentence, rather than a pardon, he's not admitting guilt.

He’s still a convicted felon. The difference is to accept the pardon, you have to admit that. So you are probably right.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on July 12, 2020, 01:33:40 AM

I think early on he wanted a full pardon, because he surmised that it would free him from having to pay the legal bills of those who brought the case to court (Congress?) - and hes deep in debt after the trial. Then he turned to not wanting a pardon but a commutation, because of the recognition of guilt thing. Not sure if that's how it works with paying the legal fees of the other side in this case though - and in any case, most of his debts would be to his own lawyers and he'd still have to pay them.

CaptainNexus616

So, how much longer do you think we've got till he gets us all killed. Cause that's the mentality I have right now.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Callie Del Noire

He is trying to kill a bunch of kids. 

Styx26

He already has... every death of an immigrant child in ICE custody is on his hands.
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Fox Lokison

Not that he'd ever admit those even happened.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Styx26 on July 13, 2020, 09:42:13 PM
He already has... every death of an immigrant child in ICE custody is on his hands.

You know there has been damn near nothing fuckall said about the prisons and detention  centers. Enough to know I’m scared for them. I got a friend that does religious outreach and I check on him a lot

CaptainNexus616

It just....I honestly am not expecting to last another year. Everyday looking at the news just reminds me of how bad things are. There will always be fools and the corrupt on both sides.

But we are in the middle of a viral pandemic that he pretends isn't happening.

I turn on the news and all I see is some new pot of stupidity fueled hatred he's spouting to make himself feel better. That's not how a leader is supposed to be, but he just doesnt care.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

gaggedLouise

Once again, just like four years ago, Trump flatly refuses to commit in advance to respecting the result of the November election. Meanwhile he continues to peddle his own unfounded crap about massive voter fraud in favour of the Democrats.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/19/trump-joe-biden-coronavirus-polls

Normally you barely even have to ask the main contenders in a stable democratic country whether they are going to accept the final outcome of a general election.

Missy

He just thinks treason is a good thing cuz his name shares some letters with it.

Oniya

Quote from: Missy on July 20, 2020, 09:09:40 AM
He just thinks treason is a good thing cuz his name shares some letters with it.

TRE45ON

(Sorry, it only works in caps...)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

CrownedSun

Quote from: Missy on July 20, 2020, 09:09:40 AM

Let's be honest.

He's also been told, repeatedly, throughout his term that "oh you can't do THAT, that'd backfire horribly," only to then go on and do the thing and have it not backfire at all. He's repeatedly gotten away with absolutely everything that he's done and not paid even the slightest bit of repercussions.

So, yeah, I can see him deciding not to abide by the election and just staying in the white house and claiming that he won if not for all the cheating. I just don't think it'd WORK.

legomaster00156

Quote from: CrownedSun on July 20, 2020, 12:03:16 PM
Let's be honest.

He's also been told, repeatedly, throughout his term that "oh you can't do THAT, that'd backfire horribly," only to then go on and do the thing and have it not backfire at all. He's repeatedly gotten away with absolutely everything that he's done and not paid even the slightest bit of repercussions.

So, yeah, I can see him deciding not to abide by the election and just staying in the white house and claiming that he won if not for all the cheating. I just don't think it'd WORK.
Paid no repercussions? Don't you remember all the times Susan Collins told him she was disappointed by his actions!?!

Oniya

Quote from: legomaster00156 on July 20, 2020, 01:46:41 PM
Paid no repercussions? Don't you remember all the times Susan Collins told him she was disappointed by his actions!?!

I mean, he keeps going on about how he's being treated very, very unfairly.

Kurogane

Quote from: legomaster00156 on July 20, 2020, 01:46:41 PM

Ugh!
You had to bring up her name!!! Luckily, the polls say she will not make it this time around. The Dems are edging the conservatives out of Maine, thank the lord!  From purple to royal blue, please!!!
And CrownedSun, you're absolutely right;  he has gotten away with nearly everything his fevered brain has come up with. We continue to suffer under his theatre of the absurd!
Ever since 2017, we keep saying, "Surely, this is the craziest things can get." And yet, we are astounded on a daily/weekly basis...all empowered by the Republicans.

Sara Nilsson

https://www.vox.com/identities/2020/7/17/21328708/proposed-anti-trans-rule-homeless-shelters-judge-women

Leaked HUD document on how to spot trans women so you can deny them shelter (but Sara technically they are not denied shelter, just trans women have to go with the men so they are not denied as such.. riiiiiight) since the Obama era rules are gone.

QuoteIn order to do this, HUD will allow shelter staff to take into account “factors such as height, the presence (but not the absence) of facial hair, the presence of an Adam’s apple, and other physical characteristics which, when considered together, are indicative of a person’s biological sex.”

I wont go into how this will hit cis women as well, because we already know it will. It did during all the fucking bathroom bills that where passed, it did when cis women where denied the ladies in fucking MCDonalds etc etc.

This is just disgusting.

stormwyrm

Oddly enough it seems that the dictionary is somehow ahead of the curve:

Quotetrumpery (noun)
trum·​pery | \ ˈtrəm-p(ə-)rē \

Definition of trumpery

1 a : worthless nonsense
   b : trivial or useless articles : junk
       // a wagon loaded with household trumpery— Washington Irving
2 archaic : tawdry finery

Trumpery derives from the Middle English trompery and ultimately from the Middle French tromper, meaning "to deceive." (You can see the meaning of this root reflected in the French phrase trompe-l'oeil-literally, "deceives the eye"-which in English refers to a style of painting with photographically realistic detail.) Trumpery first appeared in English in the mid-15th century with the meanings "deceit or fraud" (a sense that is now obsolete) and "worthless nonsense." Less than 100 years later, it was being applied to material objects of little or no value. The verb phrase trump up means "to concoct with the intent to deceive," but there is most likely no etymological connection between this phrase and trumpery.

"deceit or fraud" may well become a current meaning of the word again...
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

gaggedLouise

Quote from: CrownedSun on July 20, 2020, 12:03:16 PM
Let's be honest.

It's insane how well he has managed to make 95% of the GOP establishment and their half of the senate into slaves on his triumphal chariot - even in 2020, when his presidential administration is clearly falling apart.

I'm going to have to read Camus' Caligula again - his play (written just after 1945) is uncannily like the Trump court and media machine.

Missy

Quote from: gaggedLouise on July 21, 2020, 05:13:44 AM
It's insane how well he has managed to make 95% of the GOP establishment and their half of the senate into slaves on his triumphal chariot - even in 2020, when his presidential administration is clearly falling apart.

I'm going to have to read Camus' Caligula again - his play (written just after 1945) is uncannily like the Trump court and media machine.

'slaves on his chariot'? I never thought anyone would ever make me hate the sound of ponyplay

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Missy on July 21, 2020, 05:48:15 PM
'slaves on his chariot'? I never thought anyone would ever make me hate the sound of ponyplay

No, no, I don't mean slaves to actually pull his chariot! :) In the old Roman triumphal parades, the slave (just one) behind the great general had a different function, one that Trump would never appreciate. :D This is just an idiom.

Oniya

I was thinking of the buff guys carrying Madeline Khan in 'History of the World Part I'.