YUGIOH!: Duels 2 (The most popular yugioh game on Elliquiy just got better!)

Started by Patriarch, January 15, 2011, 02:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriarch

You have been chosen.

Your surroundings drain away in a howl of light and sound. Torn from your reality, hurled inward through the layers of existence to the one realm at the center of them all... And blackness reigns.

An eternity later, or perhaps no time at all, your eyes twitch open.

You are in a temple, some grand expanse of white stone and polished arches that shadow the depths of what is to come... A ritual ancient as the twisted goddess who sits at the Center of Things that will define the fate of entire realities.

You are a Duelist.  And your every action will reshape the world around you.

It's time to duel.

Excited? We hope so.  Following the immensely popular game Yugioh: Duels of Fate - we've come together to bring you something brand new and altogether more incredible, for players both new and old. Enter Duels 2.

Duels 2 takes place in a dynamic story structure that places unprecedented power in the players' hands. Pulled to a spirit reality by a twisted goddess, where thought and desire can shape the fabric of existence, each duelist will be given the power to refashion reality contingent on their victory in a duel (provided the outcome is agreed upon at the start, of course). Duels 2 is the story of you. Whatever you choose to fight for, your victories and defeats will create drastic and lasting effects on the world around you - all of which will snowball with other players' endeavors to create huge changes in the overall story itself. Whether you're bringing life back to the land... Or just turning your attractive opponent into your personal neko sex slave for the week. Who says god-like powers can't be fun?

As if the ability to affect your opponents, allies and reality itself with your victories wasn't enough - Duels 2 also offers a truly infinite number of possibilities for your character. Duelists have been pulled from any of the infinite parallel universes and realities to this temple at the Center of Things. Your character might be an Egyptian princess, a medieval drakeling, a space-faring neko mercenary or even an everyday human teenager. Only two restrictions will apply. First, we want to keep the ages between 18-24 - for a degree of commonality amongst all the differences. Second, your character needs to know how to duel. Not necessarily well, but knowing which side of the card is up is rather important.

Finally, Duels 2 will make use of a never before seen rewards system for dueling - allowing your character to gain in power as he or she progresses through the game. As you character duels and goes through certain events, he or she will gain 'wisps'. Wisps are tiny spirits attracted to dueling energy, and can be exchanged to unlock rare cards to use in your decks, gain an increase to your starting life points, persuade NPCs or even other players to do something for you and much, much more. As you gain 1 wisp every time you duel, no matter the outcome, and additional wisps if you win - your efforts will always be rewarded. No matter what, you'll be able to improve.

So, where and when are you from?  And, what are you, besides a Duelist?  If you could be any character, what race from what time and which reality would it be?  The possibilities are endless, as vast as your imagination.

What will your story be?

Character Application

Name:
Species: (Human, Neko, Elf, anything you can imagine)
Appearance: (Can be a pic, should be a pic, but doesn't have to be a pic)
Reality: (Brief description, preferably a paragraph, of the kind of world and place they come from. Help us to see it and understand it, espescially if it's way out there.)
Personality: (Be as detailed as possible. Tell us about the person. If you're going to write dozens of posts as this character - you should certainly be able to enjoy writing one or two paragraphs here!)
Backstory: (Same as above. Find a way to enchant us).
Decklists (All decks must be at least 40 cards and may contain NO cards that are either forbidden or limited, though semi-limited cards are allowed. You will unlock these rare and powerful cards throughout the game, as rewards for your efforts. Additionally, you may only have up to two copies of each card in your deck. This promotes diversity and more exciting duels. Again, more deckbuilding options will open up to you as you gain wisps and trigger certain events).
Duel Spirit (1 only): Known as your Vanguard - you will meet this spirit soon after the game begins. You do not begin the game with duel spirits.

The Forbidden/Limited list can be found here. http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Finally, you can have more than one character. In fact, it's encouraged. Just make sure you can keep up with the posting demands for both of them (we don't want you to have more than two). Did we mention that this game is going to demand a LOT of posts? Side-stories, keeping up with duels... Enthusiasm is paramount, and make sure you're ready to post a whole lot. You won't regret it.

We're looking forward to your application. Post them here. Along with any comments, thoughts or ideas you can think of.

We're looking forward to seeing you in the game.

Patriarch

Quick Answers

1) Duels 2 has nothing to do with Duels of Fate from a story perspective. Neither the setting nor the story has anything at all to do with the game that started it all. Duels 2 is its own game with its own rules, and no knowledge of its predecessor is necessary to jump in. Even if you've never heard of Duels of Fate - you'll still be able to thoroughly enjoy Duels 2.

2) If you are a current player in Duels of Fate - you will be able to import your character to Duels 2. After all, these duelists are being summoned from any and every reality in existence. They could certainly yank you from a duel academy housed in a group thread on Elliquiy. You can even use an altered version of that character - just make sure all the pertinent details are in your back-story. Duels 2 is a whole new game - and nothing can be taken for granted. However, your dueling decks must be recreated under the new rules. It's only fair.

3) No, no, no cannon characters. No. Stay far away from them. This is not fan fiction.

4) Duels will operate on an honor system. If you have a sudden run of superb luck, we'll begin to get suspicious - but for the most part this seems to work best. It worked very well for Duels of Fate, so we'll keep using it here. Simply number your decklist 1-40 (or however many cards are in it) and then google of the Internet's handy dice-rolling programs. Roll a 40 (or however many) sided dice and draw the card you rolled.

5)  The game will be operating on a series of Events triggered by character actions, where players rally together on opposing sides from each other to pursue a collective agenda. The efforts of each team's individuals, which drive their personal stories, will contribute to their side's overall goals - and move the Event in their favor. For example, one event might be an attack on an ancient temple - with one group of players defending it and the others trying to take it to summon a powerful entity. If the defenders' side tallies up enough victories - the attacking team will be pushed off. This will kick off a brand new Event, perhaps trying to strike back at the enemy or else destroy the entity themselves. If, on the other hand, the temple is taken - the entity will be summoned and do whatever it is the attackers wanted... Kicking off a brand new Event with its culmination. In this way, Events will chain together to create a dynamic, living world that shapes to the efforts of the players.

6) Synchro Summons will be legal in Duels 2! However, you will have to spend three wisps to unlock the ability to use them. Once you do, all non-limited or forbidden synchros will be open to you. You'll have to spend additional wisps to unlock forbidden or limited synchro summons, just as you would any other card.

7) Each duelist will start the game with four Wisps.

8) Players who have participated in the Duels of Fate game will gain two extra goodies for their characters if they are accepted into Duels 2. First, they will gain the Veteran title - one of the many titles you can earn in Duels 2 (such as the Immortal title - gained by winning a total of 5 duels with your lifepoints never going below 8000). Second, they will gain something called Favor Crests - which have immense RP utility but cannot be used to increase your character's power the way Wisps can (so don't worry new players, they aren't getting any tangible advantage over you - just a few favors in the story).  How many extra Favor Crests the veteran duelists earn will be determined by their performance in Duels of Fate.

9) Duel Spirits are limited to 1 per character, no more and no less. More options may open up later, but to begin with - 1 per character. And you will NOT start the game with them.

Gensokian

I do believe I can jump on board with this game, most certainly. 'Tis a wonder as to the reason I join, but then again, I truly feel the desire to join. I might figure out the reason as to my interest and desire to join later. 'Tis a mystery right now, 'tis a mystery...

Patriarch

*laughs* Couldn't have anything to do with you being one of the most avid players of Duels of Fate, could it? Well, I can't wait to see your application. If you liked Duels of Fate, you should love Duels 2. While designing Duels 2, we dug into everything that made up Duels of Fate and asked ourselves, "How can we make this better?" I've never been more excited about a new game. Ever.

HollowX

This sounds interesting, but I do have a question before I can even consider joining. How are we doing cards? Can we do real life decks or are we suppose to do something else?

Laughing Hyena

Well seeing as how I am a part of the Duels of Fate I am also tipping my hat into the ring Stairc. Oh and quick question. Is Duel of Fate canceled as a result because I am curious about that. And is it in the same continutity as Duel of Fate?

So just so the dunce can get this straight. No limit on the card copies apart from the max being two per card in your deck.

No limited cards like monster reborn starting off or forbidden cards such as yata-garasu as they are to be earned in game.

Bloody Rose

Thorn14

yasarra

At this time, I believe Stairc is in transit, returning to college.  So I'll answer to the best of my ability, and there will likely be corrections for anything I might have misinterpreted.  So, stay tuned.

Duels 2 is a separate entity from the original Duel of Fate.  It is not intended, to my knowledge, to be a replacement.  Therefore, if you are in the original, you may apply to play in this one as well.  As card copies go...the original allowed for 5, I believe.  And, unless Stairc has decided to change things, we decided on 7.

As far as the Six Samurai go, if it isn't on the limited or forbidden list, it's fine to apply with.  I look forward to seeing the applications, as does Stairc.

HollowX

Thorn14

Thanks, the cards aren't out in english just yet, so I was concerned.

Bloody Rose

yasarra

I'll be happy to provide a link for that as well as a link to the game rule .pdf which can be downloaded (It's pretty small, actually.) for those who are new to the game.

Forbidden List

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Game Rules

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/

Gensokian

Quote from: Zarazel on January 15, 2011, 05:58:24 PM
Just wondering if a Exodia deck can be done in the rp?

Nope, no Exodia. All cards are limited for him, and no limiteds are allowed off the bat. You have to wait to buy them.

Bloody Rose

yasarra

To the question of Exodia...the cards needed to do that are all limited, so eventually, you might be able to, but not right off the bat.  You'll have to earn those cards in-game.  Nobody starts off with any forbidden or limited cards. *smiles*

Bloody Rose

I know, but did not hurt to ask I had a exodia otk that only used exodia and future fusion to win in one turn ^^

yasarra

My apologies, Z.  As for the "how many multiples are allowed in the deck" question, I was able to catch Stairc and, we've removed that restriction, but...you may only have 2 of any one card in your deck, max. 

Thorn14

First time making this deck, so tell me if its fine or not please.

Legendary Six Samurai Enishi
Legendary Six Samurai Kageki
Legendary Six Samurai Kizan
Legendary Six Samurai Muziho
Shien's Yoriko x2
Grandmaster of the Six x2
Spirit of the Six Samurai
Six Samurai Irou x2
Six Samurai Kamon
Six Samurai Nisashi
Six Samurai Yaichi
Six Samurai Zanji
Six Samurai Zanji
Great Shogun Shien
Enishi, Shien's Chancellor 
Turret Warrior

Spell

Shien's Smoke Signal x2
Residence Of The Six x2
Three Step Opposition Of the Six
The Warrior Returning Alive
My Body as a Shield.
Gateway Of The Six
Solidarity
Lightning Vortex

Trap
Magatama Of Musakani x2
Swiftstrike Armor
Shien's Plot x2
Breakthrough!
Mirror Force
Elemental Burst
Rivalry of Warlords
Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan

I'll fluff em up later, just wanna make sure the deck is okay. Sorry, first time in a looong time.

Gensokian

Nope, no Monster Reborn allowed yet. It's limited, and limited must be bought.

Also, the right to Synchro Summon must be bought, as well. You can use Tuner monsters, just can't Synchro Summon.

Patriarch

Great to see so much enthusiasm!

A few more quick answers -

Yes, Yasarra has basically all the details at her disposal - she can answer most any question regarding the game. The only thing she was not aware of was the change to copy rules from Duels of Fate to here. Duels 2 follows the same rules of deck construction that normal yugioh does, only the max number of copies of a specific card in your deck is 2, not 3. Forbidden and Limited cards will be, er, limited to 1 per your deck - though you have to unlock them first. Semi-Limited cards aren't really affected, since you start the game with access to all of them and you could only have 2 copies of each in your deck anyway as per the normal rules.

And HollowX - you can have access to any real-world card in the game. If it's been printed and is part of the legal, yugioh game - you can use it. The anime has a lot of off-the-wall overpowered and just plain weird cards, but you can't use them... Yet. In the future, some quests and storylines will let you gain access to rare and powerful cards - some of which may be from the anime and some of which may be designed by me specifically for the game. For now though, just go with real world cards.

For playing them, you can choose any cards you want then post them as a deck along with your character sheet (you can have more than one deck). You don't need to own the cards in real life. Take a look at my first too posts for a more in depth description.

And yep Hyena - you've got that right.

Thorn14

Quote from: Gensokian on January 15, 2011, 06:36:13 PM
Nope, no Monster Reborn allowed yet. It's limited, and limited must be bought.

Also, the right to Synchro Summon must be bought, as well. You can use Tuner monsters, just can't Synchro Summon.

Oh, alright, I'll replace those two and edit my original post

I added Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan  and Swords of Revealing Light in their place.

yasarra

Swords of Revealing is also limited.  To help you, here's the link to the forbidden/limited list again.  Also, you can have Synchros, you just can't play them right away.

Patriarch

Nice Yasarra.

Oh, and Zarazel, how did the Future Fusion/Exodia combo work? You need the exodia pieces in your hand, not your graveyard, to win a duel.

Thorn14

Quote from: yasarra on January 15, 2011, 06:48:33 PM
Swords of Revealing is also limited.  To help you, here's the link to the forbidden/limited list again.  Also, you can have Synchros, you just can't play them right away.

Damn. Alright, My Body As A Shield then!

And can I just add the synchro later then? "Side Deck" if you will?