Interest check - Plot-driven Star Wars game

Started by RedEve, June 26, 2011, 07:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funguy81

We'll see what the other's say, and how it turns out. By the ways, I love the trailer for the new game! I'm waiting on that to finally come out so I can put it into my computer.

Altair1983

PhantomPistoleer

Been away for a weekend, came back to post a quick "interested."
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Tagan

I'm certainly interested... If  this be a system based game expecially.  I know both the Saga and the older rule sets... and have characters for each.

I'd like to play the wise old Jedi character... kind of a Yoda type, but like Yoda hiding his powers for the most part, and guiding the group from the background... and play a secondary/main character, a simple Twilek piolt, as his foil...

But I've other ideas if that does not work.

PhantomPistoleer

I, on the other hand, don't really know what I'd like to play--but I'm not interested in being a technician or a jedi.  I'll probably submit a human pilot.

I'm familiar with Saga rules, but generally prefer Core Revised rules.  At any rate, I'm not actually seeking a game that incorporates ALL system mechanics, but prefer for the characters to be defined by their statistics.

Era-wise, I'd prefer Legacy or Rebellion eras.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Blobbe

I'll say now that I was after a freeform game rather then a system one. Thanks though and good luck!

PhantomPistoleer

Kayla, I don't necessarily want to play a system game.  I could go either way.  Stick around until the decision is made, please! :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RedEve

Yeah Kayla, don't bow out completely until you know for sure. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Funguy81

yea right now we are just tossing ideas and pretty much taking a vote on which direction we are going. Don't bow out just yet.

Blobbe

Sure; thanks for that. I'll keep my eyes open

elfguy

I was trying to start a StarWars game up but wasn't seeing much interest, so I'll certainly join here if this one gets off the ground.

Altho I never run system games myself, always freeform, so if we use a system someone will have to explain the rules and how it works.
----

RedEve

Well I think we have enough interested parties to start to make some choices.

Firstly, the era. Which is everyone's preference?

Funguy81

I'd say my vote is  for the new republic era about a few months to a couple of years after return of the Jedi, Legacy era, or Clone Wars.

RedEve

Out of those three, I'd prefer Legacy myself.

Altair1983

Blobbe

I'd vote Clone Wars or New Republic myself. No interest in the Legacy era, sorry.

Tagan

I'm up for any era... Clone Wars sounds best, but any era works for me.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RedEve

Well I prefer Legacy myself, but I'm okay with either Clone Wars or New Republic as well. So it's really up to our Game Master, I'd say.

Pyrkinas

I want in. I'm kind of a huge SW nerd, so any era is fine with me. I'm fine with almost any role, though I'm thinking smuggler at the moment.

BlueEyedBard

Hi, if there is still room I too would like to join in.
I'm not familiar with any systems either but I am willing to learn,
Also I have always been more of the scoundrel/smuggler type.
So I hope you guys aren't too full.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

RedEve

Funguy I'll leave it to you to choose our era, since you're our GM. :)

Pretty in Pink

Blargh?  Did I get forgotten in the sudden explosion of conversation here?  :P

I don't much care for NR, just because there's so much going on there that it's just like a massive clusterbreak that confuses the living hell out of me.  And that is SO not what I wanted to say but it works.

Secondly, as for my character, I'll probably end up playing a techie.  Just cause I love to get all technical and NOT get yelled at out of character!  :P
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Dodge

I'd like to say that I'm interested. I'm a big Star Wars fan, and I know the Saga system. I don't care what era we're in, but it would be fun to be some kind of apprentice, if anyone's looking for one. If not, I don't mind being a regular smuggler type.

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Dodge on June 28, 2011, 07:49:06 PM
I'd like to say that I'm interested. I'm a big Star Wars fan, and I know the Saga system. I don't care what era we're in, but it would be fun to be some kind of apprentice, if anyone's looking for one. If not, I don't mind being a regular smuggler type.
I usually have a first mate/partner for my smuggler character who tends to be an NPC that I play from time to time. That might make for a good apprentice type character if you want it.
Unless you were meaning like Jedi/Sith apprentice, in which case just ignore my ramblings.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off