Classic Werewolves OOC

Started by Galactic Druid, May 26, 2016, 10:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

At least in my experience, the Priest usually only reveals the same affiliation the way the Seer would. Lycan would still appear wolf, and Wolfman would still appear human.

Guy to confirm though, of course.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

yugi006

This is what I was thinking and lynching or death would be the same the Seer sees it and if that is the case it might change things a little bit.

Galactic Druid

The power of Christ Compels you... to reveal everything!

Nothing can hide from holy water, good roles or bad. I makes it much more exciting and dangerous to use.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Just caught up on the game thread, I tink I should clarify a little more.

Wolves cannot hide from the holy water, not even the wolf man. Since specific special roles are never reveled in the version we're playing, the wolfman would appear to be a werewolf and be killed if the priests's ability was used, while the lycan would b revealed to be a villager and spared. Had the Seer been lucky enough to scry them beforehand, they'd know for certain they were dealing with the lycan.

yugi006

Thank you for clarifying that Guy.

As for when people are lynched does that work the same? If that person was the Wolfman will he or she show up as wolf or villager upon being lynched and same with the Lycan?

Galactic Druid

I don't know if I actually said it before, but I've been running this game with the deception module from my rule page, as it's one of my favorites.

The wolf man would be revealed as a villager if they died via a regular lynching or poisoning.

yugi006

I figured that was the case but thought I'd make sure and it wouldn't for others to know as well.

Galactic Druid

Never hurts to establish clear expectations, I say!

Intimate Ink

Guy:

Question, if I may:

If a priest uses their power, does the village ONLY get to see the target's true affiliation, or do we get to see what their 'normal' result would be as well?  Put another way:  Does it give us enough information to identify the target as the Wolfman / Lycan based upon conflicting results?

Autumn Sativus

Guy already answered your question.

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on June 13, 2016, 07:07:56 PM
Just caught up on the game thread, I tink I should clarify a little more.

Wolves cannot hide from the holy water, not even the wolf man. Since specific special roles are never reveled in the version we're playing, the wolfman would appear to be a werewolf and be killed if the priests's ability was used, while the lycan would b revealed to be a villager and spared. Had the Seer been lucky enough to scry them beforehand, they'd know for certain they were dealing with the lycan.
Us against the world

Intimate Ink

Remiel

Question: if the Priest chooses to use their ability, are they revealed to the village?

AndyZ

As a dumb question, even if they weren't, couldn't a Priest just post their doing so immediately before using their ability in order to prove themselves?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Intimate Ink

Quote from: AndyZ on June 14, 2016, 06:17:13 PM
As a dumb question, even if they weren't, couldn't a Priest just post their doing so immediately before using their ability in order to prove themselves?

A GM posts when a priest uses their ability, as I usually see it handled.  In other words, the priest would not be able to time it so perfectly unless they were extremely lucky since the latter post would be the GMs.

A Priest's actions are usually in what is considered the 'twilight' phase, not strictly the day phase.  That's an important distinction since a lot of times people aren't even allowed to post in that Twilight phase.  It's all about whether the ability is used in a way where it more or less vet's the person claiming to use it absolutely as the priest.

Penelope Hoopenschneider claims she is the priest (okay) vs. Penelope Hoopenschneider being revealed as the priest (not okay).

Autumn Sativus

That's not how this ability has typically worked in past games on E. Unless Guy has changed the rules for his games, typically the Priest will PM the GM ahead of time and then be given a chance to post after a final lynch tally. it could be a part of the deception module. That isn't my creation.
Us against the world

Mintprincess

The problem with that system is that, as Seranova said in the other thread, it vets two people as solid village.  At that point, the village has not one, but two people to rally around who are 100% NOT wolf.  Not even the Seer can make that claim, and those saved by the healer are not vetted publicly.  You still have to believe the people who say it.   

Have one person vetted is strong for village.  That gives the village team one solid foothold to build around.  One keeps a decent power balance as the game winds to more and more villagers killed by wolves and more loss of special roles.   Two shifts the balance way too strongly.   

This is of course my opinion.  But that's how I feel.  And a lot of people walked out of the last game feeling the same way. 

Galactic Druid

Yeah, I let the priest PM me their intent to use their holy water. Or I treat it almost like a night role, and PM the priest when a lynch is decided on. Either way, if the priest wants to reveal who they are, they can do so in the game thread during the day phase, just like anyone else who wants to make a public revelation, where it would not be confirmed by the GM. Posting after the vote closes is as always, forbidden.

When the ability is used, the flavor text would read something like "the executioner was passed a vial of holy water through the crowd...", etc, and would not confirm a player's name. After all, the ability was only ever meant to completely confirm a single player the one being lynched.

The priest's ability was not used this day phase.

yugi006

Returns as a ghost and joins the others,

Verasaille

Hiya Yugi!! Have some popcorn, and coffee!!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

Autumn Sativus

Not even going to lie I've been curious what 'a' was autocorrect for since last night. *giggles*

I hope the spirits treat you well yugi.
Us against the world

AmberStarfire

*Offers some ghost chocolate around* Ghost chocolate is the best chocolate.

Rel Mayer

* Rel Mayer lights a candle for the fallen villagers.

We will have a wolf for you soon. Just wait!

Ceralilly

Quote from: yugi006 on June 15, 2016, 02:11:54 AM
Returns as a ghost and joins the others,

Awww my poor Yugi.... *pets*
Come sit by me.

Accepts chocolates and coffees and popcorns from the best ghosts ever.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Mintprincess

We miss you all ghosts!!!! <3