Scion / Deadlands Crossover game idea

Started by HairyHeretic, May 18, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

To encourage those who are a little slow, 2 bonus points for everyone once I see their background posted here. The ones so far have all been excellent.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Phaia

Alexandra Catherina Moorland

Bonus Points (15)
Legend Increase               -7
Abilities                            -5
Pharaoh [creature]            -3

Attributes: (8, 6, 4)
Physical; (4)
Strength              1+1          2
Stamina               1+1          2
Dexterity            1+2          3
Social; (6)
Charisma              1+1          2
Manipulation        1+2          3
Appearance         1+3          4
Mental: (8)
Perception           1+3          4
Intelligence         1+3          4
Wits                    1+2           3

Abilities: (30)
*Athletics   3 +1 =   4
*Awareness   3 +2 =   5
*Brawl         3
*Larceny      3 +1 =   4
*Stealth      3
*Survival      1 +1 =   2
Academics      3
   Languages; English, Arabic, French, German, Chinese
Animal Ken      1
Empathy                   3
Fortitude                   2
Investigation      2
Marksmanship      2
Control [horse]      1

Advantages:
Birthrights: (5)
“Spectacles of the Sun” [preview Sun]: A round mirrored-lenses set of spectacles often worn low on her nose. Mirrored shapes. [1 dot]
“Pharaoh’s gift” [preview Animal (cat)]: Intricate gold ring with green cat’s eyes. [1 dot]
“Sands of the Desert” [preview Prophecy]: An 8” tall hourglass of the finest wood and crystal. When turned the sands pour and pull the viewer into the depths of prophecy. The falling sands will always last as long as needed. Sometimes finishing quickly with its images and others dragging on for hours. The viewer is fully engrossed at the time. [1 dot]
Father’s Derringer: A double barreled .45cal colt derringer. Made of refined and forged ghost rock giving it a deep blue black color and engraved in gold [hieroglyphs]. Ivory grip with a cat motif. Her father’s prized derringer given to him by her mother.
Unlimited ammo [cocking back the hammer reloads it] and range of a standard colt revolver.
[2 dots]
“Pharaoh”: A male Egyptian Mau cat [2 dot creature] and guide [1 dot]

Boons/Epic Attributes: (10)
Epic Dexterity      2 (-2)
Knacks; Cat’s Grace [no legend point required], Untouchable Opponent [legend point required]
Epic Perception      2 (-2)
   Knacks; Predatory Focus [no legend point], Subliminal Warning [no legend point]
Epic Wits                   1 (-1)
   Knacks; Meditative Focus [no legend point]
Animal (cat)      1 (-1)
   Animal Communication [no legend point]
Sun         2 (-2)
   Penetrating Glare, Divine Radiance [legend point]
Prophecy                   2 (-2)

Virtues: (5)
Pesedjet:
   Conviction        1+2   3
   Harmony           1      1
   Order               1      1
   Piety                 1      1
Bastet:
   Vengeance        1+3   4
Legend                        3
Willpower                   7
Legend Points              9

Phaia

GRRRR GRRRRR GRRRRR

I had this all nice a straight and aligned nicely and for some reason it WILL NOT translate that way from word

Sorry hairy it looks a bit confusing...

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Not a problem. If I have questions on it, I'll ask.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

The Tale of Monkey's Daughter, con't

For some years, Chou was a content man.  His wife was attentive, obedient, and dutiful.  The daughter she bore was likewise attentive and dutiful, but also curious and prone to mischief.  Whenever she was not helping her parents run the restaurant, she was found running about like a boy, listening to the storytellers and playing rough and tumble games.

After seven years, his silent wife took sick during a bad winter and died in spite of all that could be done for her.  Heartbroken with loss, Chou left more and more of his business in the hands of employees and took to the bottle in search of solace.  His daughter, unable to comfort him, swallowed her tears and ran even wilder for a time.  Eventually she was caught at the temple, sneaking in for the sake of mischief, and there she was brought before the old priest who had guided Chou's steps.

"You are Mister Chou's girl, are you not?  From the restaurant?"

"Yes," she said, taking a proud stance as if prepared to fight the holy man off.

"I have something for you," he smiled.  "It used to belong to your mother, and she left it here for safekeeping."  He clapped his hands and an acolyte brought out a set of prayer beads.  "It was her wish that you have them when you were old enough."  And so saying, he placed them around her neck and chanted a sutra before dismissing her.

That night, at home, she fell into a listless sleep.  And the following morning, she was much quieter than before.  Old Chou did not complain about the change: she was easier to live with, and his heart was heavy with grief.

Thus she grew to womanhood, quiet and obedient, the perfect daughter for an aging widower.  Every so often the priest would visit and bless the prayer beads for her, and then the kitchen.  The restaurant flourished, and Chou was happy.

But the day before she was to turn seventeen, a coarse and unkept vagabond came to the restaurant.  He roared with laughter and called for drink, chasing other customers away with his horrible manners.  Finally, Chou came out to accost the man, only to find himself invited to join a drinking contest.

"So," the vagabond belched.  "I understand you have a daughter.  Bring her out!"

"Oh, I couldn't..."

"Bring her out, I say!  She can serve us."

Reluctantly Chou called his daughter forth, and the scruffy stranger started at the sight of her hair like fire and her eyes like molten gold.

"Ah!  Most exotic!  Her mother must have been quite the woman!  Here, girl, pour the wine for us."

Chou frowned at the man's tone, but made no objection as the girl knelt beside their table and filled their cups again and again.  They drank and sang as heroes of old...until the stranger's eye fell upon the prayer beads around the girl's neck.

Slamming his cup down on the table hard enough to shatter both, he leapt to his feet and grabbed Chou by the tunic, pinning the old man against the wall and shouting.

"Who has done this to your child?  Who has bound her with this rosary?  Did you do it?"

Chou fumbled for the words, but before he could defend himself his daughter rose and bowed to the ruffian, her lip trembling as she spoke softly.

"If you please, sir, it was the kindly old priest at the temple.  He said they belonged to my venerable mother.  Please release my father and go."

"Your father?"  The vagabond laughed and dropped Chou.  "If he is your father, I am the Dragon King's favorite concubine!  And unless your mother is the Benevolent Goddess Herself, those beads never belonged to her, either!"

The drunk capered about the restaurant, while outside a sudden storm let loose peals of thunder and heavy rain.

"Tell her the truth, Chou," the drunk crowed, so startling the old man that he cried out even as the ruffian dashed the doors to pieces and raced out into the street, into the pouring rain and the growing dark.

Sulan knelt by Chou, helping him to his feet.

"What did he mean, Father?"

Drunk and dazed, Chou turned to smile sadly at her.

"Your mother was already carrying you in her womb when I married her," he confessed.  "You are not the daughter of my body...but you have been the child of my heart..."

The girl cried out in astonishment, and the rosary around her neck broke at that moment, spilling beads across the floor.  Grabbing Chou by the collar and shaking him, she tearfully begged him to take back those words, to tell her that he was only joking.  Yet the old man had already sunk into a deep slumber from the wine.

Instead, she tore herself away from his side and went tearing after the villain who had thus slandered the man who had raised her!

(to be continued)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Paladin

hairy, due to the fact I can't read pm's I don't know how you liked the stuff I sent you. Could you tell me here if you liked them and if I can use any of it?

HairyHeretic

I don't think the Saints is particularly good. The Elohim or Grigori are probably ok. The Elohim would work with the travelling preacher concept. I think someone else was interested in the Elohim as a pantheon too, so I don't know if that means you want to take something different or not.

For what its worth, I don't have any issues with people doubling on up pantheons or even Gods. There should be enough variation though that duplicate concepts aren't a problem.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

ok I was looking at the grigori anyways. I'll get something as soon as I get home.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Ok, quick show of hands. What catagory setting do we want to place this into. I think Scion fits nicely towards a cinematic feel to a game .. something like this maybe

The Good, The Bad and The Weird (15) ***

or this

SUKIYAKI WESTERN DJANGO Sizzle Reel

though with more gribbly things :)

I'd think probably Bondage Exotic, but I'm open to discussion on that.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

Bondage/Exotic sounds good to me  :-)

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Oh, yes .. something I forgot earlier.

A houserule I've had suggested is for Perception to add to firearms damage in the same way strength does to melee damage. Since I can see a fair bit of shooting possible in this game, I figured I'd toss it out there and see what people thought of the idea.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

Errrr...firearms are already Piercing, aren't they?  I'd say they don't need the help.

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Piercing halves the soak from armour. Generally speaking, I can't see armour being a big thing here .. maybe a point or so for things like leather dusters, but the main soak is going to be the targets own bashing / lethal. In a fight, the melee damage output is going to well outpace the guns, especially when you add in strength and (relic) weapons.

In my own pen and paper game, guns seem fairly poor at damage output in comparison to that done by the melee characters. I don't include the handcannon of Thor in with standard guns though.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

Keeping in mind that to do melee damage, you have to get to the opponent...

Visions of mere mooks gunning down Scions with impunity dance in my head, so I'm going to still say that I don't care for the idea.

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Mooks don't have stats, generally speaking, so they wouldn't benefit from this :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

Extras have stats.  They just don't have very good ones.  But then, you don't know my luck with online die rollers.   :P

In a word?  Abysmal.  So...no way, man.

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

*chuckles* Believe me, I've had my own share of luck .. or lack thereof ... with dice rollers.

At any rate, one vote for no. Let's see what the others think.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

perception adds to ranged damage?
hmmm

4 perc

2 epic perc

::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
all with my lil old derringer

Phaia

Phaia

Hairy i like either concept... i could play the temptress if needed **looks innocent**

Do realize if any one ruins one of my dresses or petticoats I will have to shoot them...thier friends..anyone standing near them...and half the town on general purpose.

Phaia

Phaia

Panda hun this is the wild west...guns SHOULD be the blam blam. everyone uses them and scions are not yet gods so a gattling gun should cause us a bit of concern.

Also Panda, love the tale of monkey girl but ya should know San fran does not exsist in Deadlands...the entire west coast was blasted into islands by the great earthquake and is now the main scource of ghost rock...van cou might still be there or ya could set the story in new york or chicago

Phaia

Phaia

I have never played this system nor used die rollers [yeap a virgin here so be gentle]

I do hope it wont be all about  roll a die and do something...would love to roll the dice behind teh scenes [if that is possible] then describe the action and damage and effects

** twisting in midair as her petticoats flutter and whip, the silk of her gown shimmering in the light. I drop to the table top the small derringer in her gloved hand and the shots ring out...blam blam.. click. blam blam...click blam blam.... the gunslingers tumble away in all directions each witha r ound hole neatly in their foreheads....* her red lips pucker sexily as she blows the smoke from the dual barrles of her derringer*....

as an example

Phaia

MadPanda

Gee, maybe I won't fit in with this group after all.
Sorry to have bothered you.

In Memory of Bishrook