Tomb of Horrors [3.5]

Started by BigBuckBob, June 15, 2011, 11:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ofDelusions

The group of murdering hobos adventurers hired to protect you while you are investigating the tomb sounds best to me.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: BigBuckBob on June 21, 2011, 02:13:12 PM
I'm trying to save the last spot for female interest,  but would you mind joining a game already in progress?

No, sorry.  Thanks.  I'll withdraw interest.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sethala

Ok, edited my character sheet a bit.  I think I'm set, aside from backstory and physical description.  BBB, if you could check off my items for me, I ended up spending 42,200g not counting mundane item costs.

Anyway, backstory outline: Aureana was part of a nomadic people.  Her tribe was skilled with acrobatics, and incorporated jumps, leaps, tumbles, and so on into their way of attacking.  She was exiled from her tribe for some reason (possibly related to the death of an important member of the clan, maybe her partner in an arranged marriage).  Her tribes rules involve giving everyone that is exiled a quest to redeem themselves.  Her quest was to find a legendary weapon that one of the tribes' ancestors wielded, and return it to them.

While it is customary to give everyone exiled a quest like this, it is not always customary to send them after something that actually exists.  Several times a peson's "quest" was to retrieve something that never actually existed.  Aureana's aware of the possibility, but she still pursues the weapon out of honor.  Regardless, she has heard many rumors and gone many places in search of the weapon, but has yet to find anything solid.  Right now, her most promising lead places the weapon in Acerack's tomb, so she has set out to find a group to accompany her.

(It doesn't matter to me whether the weapon is in the tomb or not.  If BBB wants to come up with a weapon for her to actually find, that's fine, otherwise I'll make up details in a bit.)

Also, since I'm not familiar with the math in 3.5, how much AC does a normal monster have at this level?

inflatetress

So looks like the characters were hired to escourt and protect Siddra on her mission, I went ahead and posted so we'll meet up first before heading to the Tomb!

Sethala- that really depends on the monster...it's AC.  But I'm sure you'll be fine hitting things!

Sethala

Well, I'm more familiar with 4th, and I know that at level 9 most enemies have around 22-25 AC, more if they're elites or solos, but I also know that defenses and attacks scale very differently in both games, so... yeah.

BigBuckBob

An item that does not exist sounds like the sort of thing I woud include when crafting an exile story. But the tomb seems the kind of place where you might end up finding it anyway. So, let's say you already quested for the item in enemy lands and reached the conclusion that they never took it. So rather then continue fighting them you opted to set out to find someone that could recreate an item like the one described,
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Sethala

The only problem with that is, how do I connect "finding someone that can replicate it" to "going to the Tomb of Horrors"?  Sure, whoever I found might require that I go there in order to get... something, but that just seems like a stretch.  Which is why I figured she heard a rumor that the item she's looking for is in the Tomb; even if it doesn't exist she's going to keep searching for it anyways.

Anyway, once I get the details for my backstory ironed out, I'll make an IC post.

ofDelusions

Glancing at few of the monsters in SRD with CR of around 7-12 and all of them had AC between 18-20. So feel free to Power attack to your hearts desire :P

Ironwolf85

My character doesn't need much reason beyond treasure and a chance to hone his skills
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

inflatetress

Sounds good!  Unless I'm mistaken (BBB?) you guys can feel free to post in the game thread!  Siddra is waiting!

Sethala

Well, it seemed like BBB might have had some plans for my backstory, so I'm holding off for now.  Also, I want to make sure there's no issues with my equipment before I post, since I don't want to describe an item I don't actually have...

BigBuckBob

i was only making suggestions.  inflatetress is the only back story I'm playing with behind the scenes, but that has more to do with the sisterhood as a whole then individual characters.

and everything I have seen so far, i approve of.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Sethala

Ah, I misunderstood what you said before, then.  I'll whip up an IC post pretty soon.

Sethala

So, who all do we have playing already, and are we holding out for any other players?

BigBuckBob

As much as i enjoy Abbott and Costello i'll say this clearly. We are waiting on Who and Ironwolf.

both of which we will be leaving without if they do not respond by sunday. [monday is my day off, so I'm pushing this forward.]
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Sethala

Ok, sounds good.  Another friend of mine just recently showed up again though, and I think she'd be interested in this, so I'm gonna point it out to her real quick.

Ironwolf85

back, I've been busting my back at work these past few days... big push for the fourth of july and week leading up to it.
but I'm back now
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Sethala

So, do we have anyone capable of healing spells with us?  Just realized this isn't like 4E, where any character can easily heal themselves outside of battle (to an extent, at least)... might need to add some healing potions to my character sheet >.>

Also, I forgot to list mundane equipment, so I'm gonna do that now if you don't mind.

ofDelusions

I have a wand of lesser vigor (cure light wounds is so pre spellcompendium) and high UMD. That can up to 550 hp. Should be enough.

Ironwolf85

i have a cleric awaiting in the wings ashould the soulknfe die